Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 6, 2020 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh my goodness, those muscles. Training really makes you ripped in this show, Maki! Good to meet her parents too.

Jokes aside, we got an underground investigation that opened up for more eerie danger. The suicide bomb attempt is just another example to expect the unexpected. If you ask me, this was a somewhat thrilling and also comical episode.

Nov 6, 2020 10:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Maki has probably too many muscles now xD but well it's proof that she's determined and that she trains well.
Too bad that she's forced to go to the army, she seems really depressed about it :/
Nov 6, 2020 10:32 AM

Nov 2016
*bows*Thanks for the Maki fanservice

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 6, 2020 10:43 AM

Mar 2017
pretty uneventful but Maki's mom was hot
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 6, 2020 10:46 AM

Oct 2017
Glad to see Maki fanservice. Her family's quite amusing.
Nov 6, 2020 10:52 AM

Feb 2019
Been waiting on this arc for a minute and as usual D Pro didn’t disappoint with its adaptation. Maki’s arc gives her some necessary characterisation and development and I can’t wait to see it play out in the anime. Get ready, this is where Fire Force becomes next level.
Nov 6, 2020 10:53 AM
Jun 2020
Wasn't expecting a suicide bomber from this show. Anyways I keep getting reminded why Maki is best girl it sucks to see her sad, also her mom is hot.
Nov 6, 2020 10:55 AM
Aug 2020
Maki fanservice is something new i look forward to 👀👀, but i overall loved this episode, was pretty cool seeing maki’s background of her military, i noticed how hinawa was probably worried for maki’s safety, same along with maki’s dad worrying, so best for maki was to stay out of this mission, 10/10 episode
Nov 6, 2020 10:56 AM

Nov 2016
red-tomato said:
pretty uneventful but Maki's mom was hot

That's where she got me

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 6, 2020 10:58 AM
Sep 2015
Such a good change of pace!

Maki's mom reminds me of One Piece character
Captain of Company 2 reminds me of Golden Kamuy character
Maki's brother has a potential to spin-off the Fire Force franchise, focusing on investigation without resorting to violence resolution.

Maki's calmness surprised me, I thought she's gonna play "I hate you daddy!" card. She's one of very few female characters who have my respect.

This will be very interesting arc, though I haven't encounter any boring arc in season 2 yet.
Nov 6, 2020 11:19 AM

Aug 2013
So we have Maki focused arc. Nice.
And that Maki fanservice... Nice!

The Oze family was really amusing. Also, the mother was hot.

Nov 6, 2020 11:30 AM
Oct 2016
Our focused Maki arc is here to nearly bring us to the end of this season. Maki being basically forced back into the military is sad to see. She loves being at the 8th and being with everyone there working together. They're like a little family. We get to see some of her background and information about her family. Maki getting her dual personalities from not only her father but mother too. Her father being an intimidating man at his job of military general. He's quite the brute but of course becomes sweet for his little girl. Her brother being kinda brash but still a good dude. Working in the military himself as an investigator. Looking into some mysterious activity in the Nether. Sucks he got so injured by those crazy White Clad. Now with that incident setting things off we get to see the 2nd come back and have them link up with the 8th and the military for this joint investigation!
Nov 6, 2020 11:50 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Much needed Maki background. And my god, she is so hot. Those muscles are fanservice heaven.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 6, 2020 11:53 AM

Apr 2018
For some reason I got really pissed when they just threw Maki out of 8th, but I'm guessing there is a good reason for it. At least I hope so.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Nov 6, 2020 11:53 AM
Jul 2019
UUUHHH OOO, did daddy just had Maki redrafted into the military????
Nov 6, 2020 1:38 PM
Apr 2018
I'm a simple person, I find Daddy Oze's eyebrows amusing.
Nov 6, 2020 1:44 PM

Apr 2020
the Maki arc is here! family dinner was hilariuos as the morning at the 8th also >w<

it was sad when Maki thought she wasnt enough to stay with the company. and how she feels that her father and Hinawa are demanding of her. someone says daddy issues?

but it just started!

Nov 6, 2020 2:01 PM

Jun 2015
A little peek at Makis back story and character is not remiss. I sense in my bones we are building up to something really wild, and I think this story helps bring in the military side if just a little onto our peeps in the 8th!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 6, 2020 2:07 PM
Nov 2019
Didn't the last episode end on a cliffhanger with Tamaki and Assault? Or did I miss something?
Nov 6, 2020 2:47 PM

Jan 2018
Damn that Maki fanservice was nice.
Also Maki is really depressed about being forced to return to the military, I hope she gets to return to the 8th as soon as possible.
Nov 6, 2020 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
AnimeNerd99 said:
Didn't the last episode end on a cliffhanger with Tamaki and Assault? Or did I miss something?

Nah last episode's scene was the part where Assault did his final battle against Tamaki, but then realized it wasn't the fact that Tamaki's body was so hot that Assault couldn't fight her, it was because Assault liked Tamaki.
Nov 6, 2020 3:29 PM

Jul 2013
We start Join Investigation arc, and what better way to start it than with some nice Maki fanservice? Her family is weird but fun. The father who looks tough but loves his daughter dearly (and has some epic eyebrows), the mother who acts sweet normally but turns fierce when her family acts stupidly and the brother who is serious but becomes super corny while talking with his girlfriend.

While I understand what her father is trying to do (especially with the incident of the suicidal White Clad member that ended with her brother injured), it's sad to see Maki leave Company 8, but I guess Obi and Hinawa are trying to test her in some way. Hope we can see Maki return to the place she wants to be eventually. At least the military uniform fits her well.

Also, dat preview. I love how they didn't reveal anything big and only showed random scenes. This may be one of the darkest arcs of Fire Force, and if next episode ends when I think it will, this will be very interesting...
Nov 6, 2020 4:12 PM
Mar 2015
Poor Maki She really is a bird in a gilded cage
Nov 6, 2020 4:28 PM

Sep 2019
3rd fanservice episode in a row? It's always nice to have some fanservice but I feel like something dramatic is going to happen.
Nov 6, 2020 4:40 PM
Jul 2018
I liked Maki’s parents interesting.

Nov 6, 2020 5:14 PM

Jun 2020
sayonara maki :( .
Nov 6, 2020 5:35 PM
Aug 2019
Nooo Maki come back :(
Nov 6, 2020 5:58 PM

Jan 2009
Maki x Hinawa will happen lol
Nov 6, 2020 7:22 PM

Oct 2008
a bit disappointing that Maki returned to military because of what happened to her older bro...
looks like the Captain of the Special Fire Force Company 2 Gustav Honda is another immensely tough tank just like Charon!
5/5.

Nov 6, 2020 7:24 PM

Oct 2016
Great episode again, the Oze family is very amusing I like them already and of course yes obligatory Maki's mom is hot lmao. Though, I know they're just worrying about Maki but, Maki can take care of herself have ya'll seen those guns :((. Though this can give Maki some really good character development, looking forward to it.

I did not expect the captain of the 2nd division to be like that lmao, new arc let's fucking go.
Nov 6, 2020 8:52 PM

Mar 2020
More fanservice...why, just why? TELL ME!?!

Maki looks super rip not gonna lie. Maki definitely comes from an interesting and fun family. Sad that she had to leave the 8th cause of her father though. Hope she'll get back in the action soon!

Well 2nd and 8th division shall go to the neither without Maki...sadly. This is where all the good Fire Force stuff happens hehe :)

Good episode :)
Nov 6, 2020 9:01 PM
Nov 2019
_cenjoo said:
AnimeNerd99 said:

Nah last episode's scene was the part where Assault did his final battle against Tamaki, but then realized it wasn't the fact that Tamaki's body was so hot that Assault couldn't fight her, it was because Assault liked Tamaki.

I got that much, but the last episode ended with them facing off and in this one it's like nothing happened.
Nov 6, 2020 9:03 PM
Jul 2018
AnimeNerd99 said:
_cenjoo said:

I got that much, but the last episode ended with them facing off and in this one it's like nothing happened.

My memory is a little rusty, but I’m pretty sure Assault just left at the end with a dramatic still frame.
Nov 6, 2020 9:05 PM

Dec 2014
Maki is definitely (imo) the best girl
Nov 6, 2020 9:08 PM

Jun 2019
It was nice getting some background of Maki’s family, but having her leave the fire force is so dumb. She will obviously come back and gain the acceptance of her father in doing so. The joint operation with the 2nd could be interesting with new character dynamics and powers.
Nov 6, 2020 9:20 PM

Jul 2016
Maki's muscles fanservice > Tamaki fanservice. As easy as that.

Overall, not the most entertaining of episodes but the fact of Maki being the focus this time sure made me enjoy it a bit more. Without a doubt, the only female character in this series I can truly respect.

Now as for the episode, not gonna lie, at first I was expecting her father to be the hyper authoritarian (abusive even) type of guy but nope, he was actually worried about his only daughter's safety the whole time. All quite understandable if you ask me, especially considering the incident with his son getting injured, but if there is a female character who can take care of herself, that's my girl Maki. Damn, I still remember how she obliterated that bald dude the last time she and the 8th. went to the Nether.
So yeah, hopefully her father will soon realize just how capable his daughter is because honestly, seeing Maki doing merely secretary duties is more of an insult to her persona rather than a gesture of paternal care. One needs to know when it's time to let the bird fly out of its cage, after all.
Nov 6, 2020 9:49 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Maki Oze family arc. I never expected, her family to be quite eccentric with all of their split personality. Ofc they were all just so care and worried against their one and only cute girl at their family. But, after the incident that happened to her brother, everything became more difficult and it was a bad news for Maki.

She got a recall from her father at the military base forces her to come back at all cost. He became too overprotective against his beloved daughter. Then, Obi and Hinawa ordered Maki to come back too, followed her father recall. At Maki's mind, everyone at the 8th division were just too worry against her stands. But actually not much they could do if she didn't even had any rejection at all. Its just making their situations kinda complex. Maki didn't had any choice rather than accepted her fate to come back to her habitat. Like a bird that got locked at its cage, only to protect the beauty against the outsider. But the bird itself was not so happy inside the thing. Maki could only described her feeling with that allegory.

Well, i believed there was something that could change her mind, and her father to let Maki and her strong will to the fire forces again. But for now, let me focused inside the Nether area again. The collaborative mission with the second division again as the result of Maki's brother failure investigation around the Nether area. They were all just began to enterring that dark shit underground area again. Could they find out another thing to led them into an Evangelist real locations? Or rather found a difficult opponent again? Interesting to see the Juggernaut appearance again after a long time not seeing him at the chinese peninsula arc. Lets go!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 6, 2020 10:26 PM

Jan 2013
What a sad episode, i mean honestly. It was so sad to see Maki there, we need the best girl back at the 8th!

Honestly, i was expecting to see Shinra to visit her and "convince" her to come back, but i guess that will happen for the next episode.

This is Maki's ark so they will have 100% to use her in the Nether mission, she will have to prove her power, even tho it's not even needed, like c'mon.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 7, 2020 2:17 AM

Jun 2014
I'm gonna need Maki to crush me with her biceps.

Anyway, random horniness aside, the 8th takes a huge blow by losing Maki. Hopefully she'll find her way back into the squad.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 7, 2020 2:55 AM

Aug 2019
weird that this episode seemed to be boring for most people, I actually enjoyed this more than the usual episodes
Nov 7, 2020 3:44 AM

May 2015
Maki's mom aka best milf.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 7, 2020 5:00 AM

Jun 2015
The moment the brother stepped into nether, i was like BAD NEWS. DEATH FLAG. But glad he's okay. Wonder why Maki didn't warn his brother not to go there without the fire force. If Maki was there with her brother at the investigation, a bomb won't be able to hurt them.
Nov 7, 2020 5:01 AM

Apr 2015
Damn, stay the beefy girl you are Maki! Looking good! Some solid fanservice there. Also her mum is wild, gotta love her.

So Maki was forced to leave the 8th... Noooo! Let's hope she returns really soon.
Nov 7, 2020 5:11 AM
Apr 2019
Hell yeah. Looks like next episode will be exciting. I love this Maki-focused episode and her interactions with her family.
Nov 7, 2020 5:24 AM

Jun 2013
MAKI MUSCLES MAKI MUSCLES MAKI MUSCLES MAKI MUSCLES
Nov 7, 2020 5:45 AM

Apr 2020
Hey we got a little SoL from Maki's family. Each person bring some spice into that family and I am glad we got to see Maki's family on display. Also is it fun to see some comedic chops of our 8th cast back in the episode. But not all times are good, as Maki's onii-chan is badly injured after a visit from the Nether oh and they touched the topic of suicide bomber...uhm "ok". Because of this, General Oze worried for his daughter, brought her back to the military from the 8th.

With the tensions rising again, the 2nd company calls for a collab with the 8th to investigate the Nether. Also the 2nd company finally got an exposure, they're the last company to be introduced aside from the 6th. The pieces are in play and next week, we're going into the last arc of the season...AGAIN IN THE NETHER. Was it worth it? Not really, but just like last season's Nether arc, we will expect some great action with the 2nd company on board. And hey I'm down for another Shinra vs Sho fight, that'll be LIT.
Nov 7, 2020 5:53 AM

Apr 2020
Hehehe like I said in last episode's forum (#63), "it's Maki's turn to be in the spotlight again"...YES SHE DID. Those muscles are damn RIPPED, but she is still a girl inside (talk about split personas). But don't make her sad otou-san, she loves the 8th company. That's her second family, don't take it away from her. Well I hope she continues to have screen time in the next arc, cause it's going to be another good serving from Fire Force.
Nov 7, 2020 6:40 AM

Mar 2020
Injustice to send Maki back to the army even if it is on the pretext of protecting her, besides being one of the first in the 8th, she is strong too.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Nov 7, 2020 8:07 AM

Jul 2017
Maki's episode! And her RIPPED muscle fanservice will ALWAYS be better than Tamaki's. Anyways, the life of the Oze Family, quite a distinguished family. Maki's mom IS MILF FIRE.

On the topic of the Nether though, it's been awhile since Season 1 that it's shown again. Maki's brother stumbling upon the White-Clads Infernal hideout was quite literally a death flag, and the damage taken was more than enough to convince the hard-headed father to take action.

BUT...more than a joint collaboration between Companies 2 and 8, Lieutenant Hinawa telling the daughter to go back to the Military is a slap in the face for Company 8, and consequences will be severe if the request is declined, even if they can't afford to lose her at such an opportune time. A bird in a cage just for protection purposes, that's what she is.

Company 8's first mission without Maki...it's increasingly worrying...
Nov 7, 2020 8:10 AM

May 2018
Maki has cute muscles lol

So her family is the military, huh
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ringare - Oct 30, 2020

125 by Humaneky »»
Apr 27, 4:35 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

138 by SpikeVann »»
Apr 4, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2020

92 by Scootboi »»
Mar 7, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

161 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

76 by muimaniac »»
Jan 13, 10:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.