Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 18, 2020 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
In a nutshell, this didn't even feel like a series' finale. Felt like any other episode with Shingo and his adventurers. And of course, he gets more screen time with Elize because why not.

The humor in this episode/series was also pretty awful. They even had to add a giana banana (and inserting the theme song mid episode) in the finale because why not. Thank goodness this show is over, one of the worst this season.
Stark700Jun 18, 2020 6:19 AM
Jun 18, 2020 6:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Meh animation, awful CGI, characters were ok but really classic and the story was also average, overall it's more bad than ok unfortunately.
It was still fine to watch though.
Jun 18, 2020 6:29 AM

Feb 2019
Man, I feel really bad for Kurt. Always had a chip on his shoulder and felt inferior to his younger brother. He finally gets an opportunity in his mind to overtake him, and gets fucked over in the end. Poor thing. At least he took out the nobles who set him up

Final fight felt slightly underwhelming, but still a nice sequence. Well’s slowly starting to grow into his role as a noble and working his way up the kingdom’s hierarchy. Some good acting in the negotiations with the king

Found it slightly weird how nonchalant Well spoke to his sister in law after Kurt’s death, but maybe that’s just me

Overall, solid conclusion episode. This series definitely felt like promotional material for the LN, which most adaptations are these days. It has some pretty good sequences and does do some different things from a lot of Isekai in terms of world building and being character driven. I enjoyed it.
Jun 18, 2020 7:02 AM
Jun 2019
Typical isekai i guess,but something is missing like action and magic where is it?im not saying that it is not a action and magic show and isekai what im saying is theres 50% of it missing.So i guess its okay for the comedy
Just my opinion don't get me wrong
Jun 18, 2020 7:06 AM
Dec 2017
Why does it had to be isekai if MC used his knowledge only for a food stuff?
Characters had almost zero personality, story didn't had anything special about it, overall - this show was average above the board.
Jun 18, 2020 7:14 AM

Sep 2016
So bad ahahah the whole show was a mess i'm disappointed but not shocked by this final episode
Jun 18, 2020 7:16 AM

Nov 2010
Is this the end of the show? But far better than the finale of "Hoshiai no Sora" or "7 Seeds". Only the opening song was funny.
Jun 18, 2020 7:29 AM

Oct 2017
Not too dramatic finale and it was nice. This ended where episode 1 started and I'm glad we got to see Well become a count in this season. I was really worried thinking that we might not get to see him become a count in this season lol.

Glad to see everyone having fun one last time and also happy for Amalie and her sons.

Fun isekai anime overall, this would have been a lot better if they didn't put in the shit cgi. I love watching this type of normal fun isekai harem with op mc so enjoyed it a lot. This proly ain't getting a new season but hopefully we'll get one someday.
Jun 18, 2020 7:30 AM

Feb 2016
Yeah it ended exactly how I thought it would end

Now I'll continue reading the LN after a few months in order to forget this adaptation. I expect something different from the LN considering what they did to the Arifureta adaptation
Jun 18, 2020 7:36 AM

Jan 2014
Welp, that's it.

I still stick by my point I've made that if this started without showing us that he was a count and was completely fine and rebuilding a land, it would've been far better. Not super amazing, but at least better than what we got, since that killed any tension I had through out the show.

Wasn't all bad though, some episodes were decent, and some characters were pretty fun and not always bland. 4-5/10 show.
Jun 18, 2020 8:11 AM

Aug 2014
It wasn't the best nor was it a bad series. 6/10.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jun 18, 2020 8:19 AM

Sep 2019
Enjoyable show overall

But I have the feeling that for it having a comedy tag, the only funny things in this show where the exagerated names of the episodes, other than that everything was average and looked better at first, but then fell into the isekai generic bs with some decent episodes and finally a non 3d enemy at the end but rather a boring fight since its just magic so they are just standing there lol.

Also that isekai trope of "the outsider bring his cuisine and everyone loved it" making this new world look incompetent into the making of food in general, and that is the only thing that this anime has an excuse to be an isekai, otherwise he adapted to this world in like 2 eps and then after that is just generic fantasy story with a noble that doesn't really know his own place because he was poor af in his little town even tho he was a noble, so its just a humble noble story, and thats it, the isekai part its just an excuse to introduce you to this world in a cheap safe way. But i'm overthinking this too much its just another average isekai anime that is like a 5/10 so who cares

Quick edit here: It doesn't have a comedy tag, my bad lol
Jun 18, 2020 8:31 AM

Jul 2017
Last episode...and it was a purely BAD END. Didn't even feel like it was an ACTUAL ending.

The crudeness of the Baumeister saga continues between eldest Kurt and his followers vs. youngest Shingo and his party members. More than the jealousy, going as far as to acquire black-market tools as a threat to the Dragon Slayer, it was just stupendously stupid. Wanted to make a joke out of this, but nope, it's nonsensical.

Oh well, we finally understood the OP's last sequence of Shingo unleashing his power against a golem (which turned out to be Kurt's malicious self). Pretty underwhelming as expected. And what comes around, comes around for instant karma against Shingo's "villianous" oppressors.

I'd bet even the people DID NOT know this one word called "politics", which was rampant around the series as a whole. And it took 12 episodes for Shingo to REALIZE that it exists??? WHAT DA HECK...the bantering within the kingdom should've been a red flag for Shingo to find out what ticks the balance.

The end goal: Shingo acting like a TRUE count, and looking the character for it if things are to start getting better on his accord.

Finally done with this show, and I'm glad that this show is over for all the awfulness. The cheek to add bananas just because enough screentime for jokes.
Jun 18, 2020 8:39 AM

Dec 2017
5 minutes of idiotic evil guy going on a rant, bad CGI pseudofight (you could at least try to make boss battle good), dull stuff at the end. Welp, this whole show was 1/10, and the ending didn't fail my expectations to be as bad.
Jun 18, 2020 8:51 AM

Apr 2009
That would have been another epic fight but we get meh, and we got Kurt-maliced as a final boss in the ending...more meh. I guess taking Head Auditor Ruckner with him in the end is a plus. Even the last court drama was a farce, and Well was still deftly manipulated by the royal court's flattery and subtle pressure, though the king wasn't impressed by Armstrong's acting. Oh Well, thanks for miso and the soy sauce! ^_^

Lots of time skip on several episodes, I thought it was all over the place in between those time skips so we could advance to this. I didn't expect much when I started this, so 5/10.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 18, 2020 9:11 AM
Nov 2017
Well that was a horrible finale. There’s no chance in hell this gets a second season so they could have at least throw in the milf offering to help him get his doctorate in the bedroom. Oh well. This show did make me want to watch it every week but there was only one thing that kept me here and that Elise. Man she is perfect. She doesn’t ask for to much, she helps in every way possible, she’s sweet, sexy, and probably will be the first one to go crazy over Well when he becomes a you know what fiend lol
Jun 18, 2020 9:24 AM

Dec 2015
Good last episode. Fun though that we only now arrived at the point shown in episode 1. Usually you are there a bit earlier and still showing stuff after that.

Liked how the king/emperor liked the main char and knew about the acting of the others.

Solid anime and a good 7/10 (more 7.xx and no 6.xx rounded up). Because I like fantasy and it really really needs to be bad for me to score it lower. (Bad I mean stuff like Re:Zeor and Grancrest Senki.)

Was slightly better than the Cheat Magician and a lot better than the Smartphone-Isekai anime. (Which I both scored with 7 as well.)
Jun 18, 2020 9:30 AM

Mar 2015
Don't know why some people had high expectations when we all know we only get a good isekai every blue moon.
woah there
Jun 18, 2020 9:37 AM
Sep 2015
It's sad ending, and I don't want a sad ending since I'm already living in a sad environment, I need escapism anime.
Jun 18, 2020 9:52 AM

Jan 2019
Didn't like the way this show ended. The way in which the brother becomes the main antagonist and "final boss" seems way too forced in my opinion. To be fair with them tho this is just your average modern isakai, so expecting a deep character development would be too much to ask I guess. A good aspect of the ending is that at least Kurt was able to take the morons who set him up with him.

The whole political intrigue happening in the background was interesting to some degree, sadly the MC is portrayed as someone so easy to manipulate that is a bit infuriating, especially considering that he is originally a grow up adult.
On the positive side: By the end of this episode Wendelin basic synaptic functions seems to finally start working properly and his able to at least troll the nobles a bit.

The character are fine for your modern isekai: We got or usual MC surrounded by your average small harem, plus a few dudes as friends.
The sound and music are fine as well. Not the most impressive thing, but neither the worst.
The CGI is ugly as hell, sadly this seems to be a trend in most of modern animes so can't really hate this show for its bad cgi. Honestly even those static images from old school low-budget animes are better than modern CGI.

Overall this one was a 5/10 for me: Not the best, but definitely not the worst.
Jun 18, 2020 10:10 AM

Mar 2018
...it was slightly enjoyable and by that, a couple of scenes. Even the whole Kurt-thing went waaaay too quick. I can summarize this episode by; Flute, purify, attacking 12 nobles, Wendelin got land and got 2 ranks for giveaway and that's it, the end!

Average show, 5/10, nothing special or noteworthy and wouldn't recommend to be honest.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Jun 18, 2020 10:20 AM

Mar 2014
Terrible pacing at times, clunky animation, and a pretty generic isekai story

However, I did end up enjoying the OP, they went a little more in-depth with his "primary wife" (how they're both held up on pedestals but don't feel like heroes/saints), and the political "intrigue" at the end was a semi-refreshing way of explaining why he was given so many damn assets so quickly (so the kingdom could develop his family's land)

I still miss his teacher from the 1st 2 episodes. I got attached to him way too quick rip

At least Well finally got to have his pork ribs from the 1st episode
Jun 18, 2020 10:26 AM

Mar 2018
Worst isekai I have ever watched. I'm glad it's over. 3/10
Jun 18, 2020 10:27 AM
Jul 2019
I hardly know how to rate this one. I didn't dislike it and generally enjoyed it, but I can't say it was good.
Jun 18, 2020 10:29 AM

Aug 2013
I actually enjoyed this more than I thought I would. And this didn't feel like the season finale.

It was a fun isekai and if it wasn't for the CGI, it would have been a good one.

Jun 18, 2020 10:32 AM
Aug 2018
Luthandorius said:
Good last episode. Fun though that we only now arrived at the point shown in episode 1. Usually you are there a bit earlier and still showing stuff after that.

Liked how the king/emperor liked the main char and knew about the acting of the others.

Solid anime and a good 7/10 (more 7.xx and no 6.xx rounded up). Because I like fantasy and it really really needs to be bad for me to score it lower. (Bad I mean stuff like Re:Zeor and Grancrest Senki.)

Was slightly better than the Cheat Magician and a lot better than the Smartphone-Isekai anime. (Which I both scored with 7 as well.)

Dude did we see the same show I've seen basically the same thing at least 10 times and this is the second worst
Jun 18, 2020 10:51 AM

May 2016
Award for most mediocre anime goes to...

At least the fight in the kings room was pretty funny and that was about it. rest was shit like most of the anime. I would of picked the milf, kurts wife over the nun any day though.
Jun 18, 2020 11:08 AM

Apr 2016
Another mediocre isekai. Huge disappointment (no surprise)
Final score 4/10, because i liked the opening

Jun 18, 2020 11:18 AM

Apr 2020
Talk about an anticlimactic boss fight.
Jun 18, 2020 11:39 AM

Oct 2010
This one was really strange.
Nothing really bad(I mean BAD) but nothing good either.
Shallow everything. Undeveloped. Narrow-minded and without much personality.
Like playing in swimming pool for kids as adult.

Verdict: waste of time.

P.S. I pity artists contributed to OP and ED.
Jun 18, 2020 12:47 PM
Apr 2018
Feels like it could have been better if it had been given to a different studio, oh well I enjoyed it overall and it actually kept my interest with the political intrigue wish there had been more of that instead of what CGI fighting we got but what can you do. 6/10
Jun 18, 2020 1:07 PM

Jul 2014
So Kurt is dead... nice. I mean, I already got spoiled last week, and in a funny way. Before episode 11 I found a pretty spicy poster of Amelie and wondered, is she that important to have her own poster? So I looked on the wiki and the first thing I read was that she was widowed xD... Along with other interesting things about her ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

About the show, it was fine. The MC wasn't bad but it was kinda boring. I liked that even though he was OP, he wasn't omnipotent, same with the party. It hurts me that the harem was so forgettable since polygamy is always an extra but here except for Elise, the others really didn't contribute anything. They just jumped on the harem wagon and that was it.

I think the political part was the most interesting, the fact that everyone played behind his back as part of a great plan was hooking in this last arc.

So yeah, enjoyable show but I think it could have been better. Even more so since according to source readers, they changed and rushed many things. I still wouldn't expect a great show, but something better. ELISE BEST GIRL!
Jun 18, 2020 1:31 PM
Jan 2017
After 12 episodes, The 8th son? Are you kidding me? comes to an end and it takes one last chance to disappoint me yet again. The conflict in this show feels unearned, the character interactions feel hollow and the political intrigue was so hard to understand. The 8th son? Are you kidding me? died as it lived, boring and without any real substance to it. It didn't have enough style to cover up its lack of substance. The only thing worse than a bad show is a disappointing show, a show with a lot of potential but unable to realize it. The isekai genre's dominance over the anime landscape will probably continue for a few years, but hey, at least this garbage show is over and we can all move on with our lives.
Jun 18, 2020 1:33 PM

Mar 2014
And yet another generic anime is thrown down on the list. Why did I even think there was any potential to this garbage.

6/10 Meh at its finest.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jun 18, 2020 2:00 PM

Aug 2018
This was an okay anime nothing special it was just okay 6/10
Jun 18, 2020 2:03 PM

Oct 2010
Consistent. Consistently bad.
Jun 18, 2020 2:29 PM

Sep 2007
Aaaand it's over. Want to find out what's next - read LN/WN/manga, as usual.

Man, good thing that scene at the palace was a spectacle because it pissed me off a bit. These f@#$rs seem to conveniently forget that Bell can bankrupt the whole kingdom by simply requesting to pay out what he's owed in one lump sum...
Jun 18, 2020 2:53 PM

Jun 2015
Well all's well that ends well. Its not going to win any awards but was enjoyable non the less.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 18, 2020 3:50 PM

Jan 2020
Borderline fine. 5.7/10
Jun 18, 2020 3:57 PM
Feb 2020
kayuza77 said:
Borderline fine. 5.7/10

Imo the first 2 episode were 8/10, eps 3/8 were 5 or a 6, and eps 9-12 were 8. I feel like it ended right when it was about to pick up and start being good. Too bad the bad parts overshadow the good parts. I feel like we should have at least gotten closure cause no way in hell is this getting a season 2 lmao look at the average score, 6.20. The last 4 episodes really reminded me of the high school prodigy isekai with the kingdom building thing but yeah. 6.3/10 overall

I forgot to add, something that really lowered to score was the 1-2 minute fights and bad cg. Like i wouldnt make them last long either with cg like that but dang.
Jun 18, 2020 4:09 PM

Aug 2018
Quite possibly the worst anime of the year.

I've never seen anything so bland and uninspired before. Where other bad anime at least tried and embraced how horrible they were, this anime did nothing. Did nothing with its characters, did nothing with its premise, laughable action, trippy CGI, and cheesy attempts at humor. It was in every regard another run of the mill isekai to throw onto the list of the forgettable. Could not find any silver lining to this whatsoever.

I'd be surprised if this gets a second season, but even if it does, I'm definitely not coming back. 3/10.
Jun 18, 2020 4:45 PM

May 2019
Luthandorius said:

How in the hell do you find Cheat Magician and 8th Son to be better than Re:Zero and Grancrest Senki? Re:Zero and Grancrest Senki had well thought out world, more interesting plot, characters, and pacing (most of the time). Cheat Magician, 8th Son, even Smartphone (which I actually enjoyed) are so generic, it's painful.

This show could have been so much better if it tried to focus on the more interesting points of the story, which is anything that did not directly involve Wendelin. If they focused more on the world building instead of Well, his "harem", and their generic adventures, I may have found a bit more enjoyment in the series as a whole. As it stands, it was as average as average can be, only slightly worse; I give it a 4/10 at best.
Jun 18, 2020 4:59 PM

Oct 2015
Honestly I was hoping for more development, but everything just kind of fizzled out toward the end of each arc. Especially the final conflict was with his brother. That deck was so stacked against him from the start. The huge rewards Well gets each time got boring quick too.

I know isekais are used for making it easier to relate to the protag and have people not think too hard about how the world functions; but Well could do better than just talk about food.
Jun 18, 2020 5:11 PM

Dec 2016
I'm surprised I made it this far. Couldn't imagine it would turn out worse than I think it would.

Comparing it with Isekai Shit Magician, it had worse animation, worse romance, worse opening, etc. Yep, glad this finally ended
Jun 18, 2020 5:26 PM

Jan 2013
Holy F this was god awful.....This year of animes is tragic - 2020 sucks!
Jun 18, 2020 5:38 PM

Jan 2013
vanetz said:
Aaaand it's over. Want to find out what's next - read LN/WN/manga, as usual.

Man, good thing that scene at the palace was a spectacle because it pissed me off a bit. These f@#$rs seem to conveniently forget that Bell can bankrupt the whole kingdom by simply requesting to pay out what he's owed in one lump sum...

Bell is basically a SIMP aka pussy.....Like most anime MC's
Jun 18, 2020 5:48 PM

Dec 2016
SkyLETV said:
So Kurt is dead... nice. I mean, I already got spoiled last week, and in a funny way. Before episode 11 I found a pretty spicy poster of Amelie and wondered, is she that important to have her own poster? So I looked on the wiki and the first thing I read was that she was widowed xD... Along with other interesting things about her ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

About the show, it was fine. The MC wasn't bad but it was kinda boring. I liked that even though he was OP, he wasn't omnipotent, same with the party. It hurts me that the harem was so forgettable since polygamy is always an extra but here except for Elise, the others really didn't contribute anything. They just jumped on the harem wagon and that was it.

I think the political part was the most interesting, the fact that everyone played behind his back as part of a great plan was hooking in this last arc.

So yeah, enjoyable show but I think it could have been better. Even more so since according to source readers, they changed and rushed many things. I still wouldn't expect a great show, but something better. ELISE BEST GIRL!

yeah, from wiki "...and gaining another wife in the process" only in 8th son this sentence makes sense. xD
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jun 18, 2020 5:58 PM

Dec 2016

Where I can read LN?
This anime make me interesting in this story enough that I wanted to read full story but I can't find it on official websites like bookwalker.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jun 18, 2020 6:32 PM
Jun 2017
PREDICTABLE FINALE...

Well since im an isekai fan so i have able to finish this one and for me this one is a FINE SERIES... atleast its way better than those of ISEKAI CHEAT MAGICIAN... hahaha
Jun 18, 2020 6:36 PM

Jan 2009
Finally this terrible adaptation is over.
Don't get me wrong, i enjoy the manga and novel, but they REALLY botched the anime adaptation.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2020

64 by amf85 »»
Apr 1, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

120 by Juggy_don »»
Feb 9, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2020

75 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Jan 26, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2020

45 by elkensteyin »»
Jan 12, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2020

71 by LadyLeeMing »»
Nov 30, 2023 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.