Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 24, 2020 7:06 AM
Feb 2020
fujita: no one will see the ball coming
nikaido : hold my baseball bat
Feb 24, 2020 8:43 AM
Oct 2017
zeus-faber said:
I still don't understand what's going on in this show. Do I need to read the manga to fully comprehend or is it just a mess of a show?

It's a mystery show that drops clues little by little and you are still at the beginning of the story. If you are not talking about the mysteries that obviously are not supposed to be revealed fully at this stage then you should be able to understand it if you pay attention, especially to the show-don't-tell bits. Don't try to put together just whatever they are saying but what's going on in the visual as well.
Feb 24, 2020 11:49 AM

Jan 2013
Best baseball match since Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens, 5/5.
Feb 24, 2020 12:27 PM

Dec 2016
diamond no ace has nothing on dorohedoro, it seems. probably my favourite ep so far; kasukabe's hilarious.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Feb 24, 2020 12:36 PM
Jan 2017
This is kind of random, but Nikaidos' pose before batting seems to be a reference to Ichiro Suzuki, who played in the MLB. Can someone confirm this?
halbeyFeb 25, 2020 7:11 AM
Feb 24, 2020 1:11 PM

Aug 2019
Hebi_op said:
Does episode 7 had a new ending? Don't care about the plot since i've almost finished the manga, i'm just curios since previously it changed every 2 episodes.

no, it's the first one that they used from the first 2 -i think- episodes
Feb 24, 2020 1:13 PM

Aug 2019
one of my favourite things about the anime is the small detail they pay attention in the gory/impactful scenes. like shim's face getting scratched and when his arm healed, they're incredibly well done and in such a subtle way. you can tell they put love and effort into creating it to be as accurate and aesthetically pleasing as possible.
Feb 24, 2020 1:14 PM

Aug 2019
Metallica_Nero said:
I'm no manga reader and this could end up being true but why is everyone saying Ebisu is the one lol????

Did you forget that in this very episode we learned that magic smoke can be sold and used by other people and it already happened to Noi. So even if it is really Ebisu's magic, I doubt she is the who used it. They didn't even let the man inside the head finish the sentence. They probably just left "you are" and cut the "not the one" part to mislead people

(For manga readers please don't confirm it)

but at the same time, she has no control over her magic.
Feb 24, 2020 1:20 PM
Oct 2015
jerryjoonie said:
Chota and En are gay but the latter won't admit it, period.

(but who else would build a fucking TOWER for another person?)

It was such a fun episode! Baseball game, Matsumura and Fujita finally went back together (and were separated immediately lol Ebisu), Shin and Noi being great partners again, THIRTEEN this little shit is here.
I can't point out everything I loved about this episode, too many of them)

Maybe I missed it, but in manga there was a scene before baseball game, with Fujita and Ebisu. Fuji said he was gonna kill Kaiman and Ebisu told him he'd die. Then he says: "Nobody cares" and Ebisu just: "I do".

"Because otherwise how can I go home?" lmao. But their relationship is sincere. This scene + when she jumps with him into Hole. Good friends (if Ebisu wasn't a minor, it could even be seen as love relationship)

uhh im pretty sure ebisu is far older than fujita
Feb 24, 2020 2:46 PM

Nov 2015
Ah man i really like this show. It is so random to have a baseball game between two hospitals, I just love the concept and the new characters, especially Johnson is so funny. The music, the design, the plot… so creative and random. Love it!
Feb 25, 2020 12:58 AM

Apr 2016
Wait! Wait! Wait!! Ebisu is the one who transformed Caimain into a lizard?? I didn't expected this

Feb 25, 2020 1:24 AM

Oct 2017
The baseball match was funny. Nikaido looked cute in the baseball outfit.
Feb 25, 2020 4:43 AM

Aug 2018
fuckgendo said:
Metallica_Nero said:
I'm no manga reader and this could end up being true but why is everyone saying Ebisu is the one lol????

Did you forget that in this very episode we learned that magic smoke can be sold and used by other people and it already happened to Noi. So even if it is really Ebisu's magic, I doubt she is the who used it. They didn't even let the man inside the head finish the sentence. They probably just left "you are" and cut the "not the one" part to mislead people

(For manga readers please don't confirm it)

but at the same time, she has no control over her magic.

Mmm didn't this happen because of the damage that Caiman caused at the end of episode 1?
Before he attacked her, she seemed more intelligent and capable than now

Also the fact that she was selling it indicates she could control it before
Feb 25, 2020 5:27 AM
Jan 2020
Neostorm-X said:
jerryjoonie said:
Chota and En are gay but the latter won't admit it, period.

(but who else would build a fucking TOWER for another person?)

It was such a fun episode! Baseball game, Matsumura and Fujita finally went back together (and were separated immediately lol Ebisu), Shin and Noi being great partners again, THIRTEEN this little shit is here.
I can't point out everything I loved about this episode, too many of them)

Maybe I missed it, but in manga there was a scene before baseball game, with Fujita and Ebisu. Fuji said he was gonna kill Kaiman and Ebisu told him he'd die. Then he says: "Nobody cares" and Ebisu just: "I do".

"Because otherwise how can I go home?" lmao. But their relationship is sincere. This scene + when she jumps with him into Hole. Good friends (if Ebisu wasn't a minor, it could even be seen as love relationship)

How did you even assume that. She's 13, while he's 18
Feb 25, 2020 6:11 AM

Aug 2016
I don't know why everyone seems to love this episode... after the last couple of good episode this (i.e. baseball match) feels so random and unnecessary.
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Feb 25, 2020 7:11 AM

Oct 2018
Azazin said:
I don't know why everyone seems to love this episode... after the last couple of good episode this (i.e. baseball match) feels so random and unnecessary.

this episode is what I like to call the “calm before the storm episode” . Not to get spoiler-y but things start to get kinda crazier and a little sadder from here. Your definitely right that it’s a little random though haha!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2020 2:22 PM

Oct 2018
fun and disgusting , I love it
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 25, 2020 4:32 PM

May 2012
My cute Ebisuuuuuu! She is so cute and fun to watch with that shark costume. Was surprised with that reveal though of her magic!

I hate to admit but i didn't like dorohedoro at first because it seemed "messed up". Glad that i didn't drop it coz' this is one of the few shows that i really look forward now every week (and even rewatches each new episode hahhahah).

Im really tempted to read the manga now but would prefer it once the anime ends. Will the anime adapt the whole thing considering that the manga is already completed?
Feb 25, 2020 6:02 PM
May 2017
rebelakuma said:
My cute Ebisuuuuuu! She is so cute and fun to watch with that shark costume. Was surprised with that reveal though of her magic!

I hate to admit but i didn't like dorohedoro at first because it seemed "messed up". Glad that i didn't drop it coz' this is one of the few shows that i really look forward now every week (and even rewatches each new episode hahhahah).

Im really tempted to read the manga now but would prefer it once the anime ends. Will the anime adapt the whole thing considering that the manga is already completed?

don't think so. Manga is +150 chapters long and the anime will probably cover 1/3 of the story in its 12 episode run (maybe).
Feb 26, 2020 12:51 AM
Mar 2014
RabidFish said:
rebelakuma said:

don't think so. Manga is +150 chapters long and the anime will probably cover 1/3 of the story in its 12 episode run (maybe).

At current pace it won't even cover 1/4 of the story, so there's that...
Feb 26, 2020 4:02 AM

Sep 2019
Baseball... in The Hole... that has a bottomless hole.
*Sweats*
Where... where would that go to?

At least we got that adorable interaction between our boi Fuji and Ebisu. Apart from those awesome plot points; honestly, I've got to admit, driving off a cliff together really WOULD be a precious memory (presuming they survive).
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Feb 26, 2020 4:29 AM

May 2018
I've just realized that to return Ebisu's memory they simply could kill her and make Kikurage resurrect her back to her normal self

Feb 26, 2020 5:38 AM

Oct 2018
rebelakuma said:

It’s possible! Season 2 looks likely since the events/merchandise is selling well. It’s a very popular manga/anime in japan rn
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2020 11:40 AM

Nov 2016
ronin-d said:
<3<3<3 Ebisu's Sharksu Dance <3<3<3. Chomp Chomp... Fun episode.

Yeah, very fun episode, but Ebisu was especially hilarious and gave me life. But damn, her magic also transformed Noi.

Also lol at a bottomless hole just being on the field.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 27, 2020 3:21 AM

Oct 2018

Dat Pipboy reference.

Come to think of it.. A Dorohedoro Fallout 3/NV/4 Total Conversion could be really fucking lit. I'd fund it.
Feb 27, 2020 4:08 AM

Jun 2013
AnonymousCode said:
A Dorohedoro Fallout 3/NV/4 Total Conversion could be really fucking lit.

OMG great idea! It would also be dope if there were some mods based on Dorohedoro's sorcerer world for TES...
Feb 27, 2020 5:33 AM
Oct 2017
Nemo_Niemand said:
I've just realized that to return Ebisu's memory they simply could kill her and make Kikurage resurrect her back to her normal self

Kikurage would need the head to stay intact to revive her, so no.
Feb 27, 2020 2:32 PM

Jan 2014
I've never been interested in baseball but this was pretty entertaining.
Feb 27, 2020 2:48 PM

May 2009
Hand-drawn Noi is beatiful
Feb 27, 2020 8:21 PM

Nov 2019
Dope 5/5 episode I didn't expect Ebisu's smoke magic to be like that
Feb 28, 2020 3:43 AM

Jan 2020
Damn heres to much happenings in this episode. Ebisu shark dance was weirdly cutee

The pitch to the old man chin LOL i thought he was done for

Made by k3ti
Feb 28, 2020 4:36 AM

Apr 2011
Definitely the best episode so far in my opinion. Really hope this gets a couple seasons at least.
Feb 29, 2020 1:41 AM

Jun 2009
Oh my god, Ebisu is just too damn awesome.
Mar 1, 2020 12:26 PM

Aug 2017
I forget Ebisu's magic at this point. I appreciate that the anime made me remember. The baseball match was quite enjoyable.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 3, 2020 7:20 PM

Aug 2016
These chapters were adapted well. Cgi still lacking.
Mar 4, 2020 12:35 AM
Aug 2016
Super fast paced episode! The baseball game was really fun.
Mar 4, 2020 1:33 AM

Mar 2010
Thought Jonson gonna be left out behind, glad to see him joining them. xD
Also, wtf Matsumura xD
Mar 5, 2020 10:41 PM
Oct 2015
jerryjoonie said:
Neostorm-X said:

what?
she is frequenter of illegal bars she snorts cocaine and takes other hard drugs and knows a bunch of shady people from her past life, she sells her smoke to buy hard drugs thats literally what she does all day, i wouldn't expect a 13 year old to beable to do that. although wouldn't say that their offical ages have been revealed but ebisu is actually pretty famous before she got her head fucked up by kaiman a lot of people in the magic world known her, shes literally just short thats it
her normal personality is actually completly different than her current one, actually have you finished the manga? i assumed you did since you corrected me but if you are anime only i don't really want to give away some of the stuff later?
Mar 5, 2020 11:17 PM
Sep 2008
Neostorm-X said:
jerryjoonie said:

what?
she is frequenter of illegal bars she snorts cocaine and takes other hard drugs and knows a bunch of shady people from her past life, she sells her smoke to buy hard drugs thats literally what she does all day, i wouldn't expect a 13 year old to beable to do that. although wouldn't say that their offical ages have been revealed but ebisu is actually pretty famous before she got her head fucked up by kaiman a lot of people in the magic world known her, shes literally just short thats it
her normal personality is actually completly different than her current one, actually have you finished the manga? i assumed you did since you corrected me but if you are anime only i don't really want to give away some of the stuff later?

She is 13 and her official age has been made known in databooks. She does drugs, frequents shady establishments because she's a badass. Hole/The World of Magic Users and Hell don't function the same way or have the same laws as our world/society.
Mar 10, 2020 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
This felt like a quite filler episode but surely turned up huge shockingly funny and good and so much to talk about don't know how to begin with. I am glad to see how the show continuing great after the first two shaky episodes. The animation and the plot executions kinda improving too as show progressing.
Mar 15, 2020 1:26 PM

Nov 2017
Johnson and Ebisu were MVPs. Many laughs.
Mar 17, 2020 6:54 AM

Apr 2018
This anime is so random now suddenly we are playing baseball lol
I wasn't into this too much but this was entertaining episode especially I love Ebisu's scenes I guess she is the sorcerer Caiman was looking for.
The first ED is back its my fav in this show
Mar 21, 2020 11:54 AM
May 2016
I was unsure of this show at first but I just love it now, the characters the world , everything about it. Shark Ebisu was great, so was lizard Ebisu, and lizard Noi. So nutso.
Mar 22, 2020 3:47 PM

Aug 2015
All the characters are so lovable. Everything is so ridiculous and violent yet wholesome. That baseball game had me cackling.
Apr 10, 2020 3:36 PM

Apr 2016
Fujita and Ebisu look so different without their usual masks and stuff on.

Lol baseball. That's a little unusual for this anime.
Apr 16, 2020 4:22 PM

Apr 2012
Kasukabe team is called the Worms, lmao.

Overall pretty light-hearted and fun episode within the darkness of the Hole: Shark Ebisu was too precious, baseball Nikaidou was too cute, and lizard Noi was... er...
May 31, 2020 8:32 PM
Oct 2011
Best baseball episode since samurai champloo!
Jun 3, 2020 11:50 PM

Jul 2013
After all the serious shit that's been happening, these mofos are playing baseball with Jonson and a zombie. Lol and what is this? Caiman is jelly?
Jul 12, 2020 6:02 AM

May 2017
god I loved that little 2D highlight fight. Mappa is handling this so brilliantly. Giving us the sakuga 2D injection in big moments. Hope they keep this up. Full 2D would have been insane for this anime.
Jul 12, 2020 9:51 AM
Nov 2018
really godamn i thought this anime was cgi shit it turned out be one of the entertaining if not the best action ones out there loved it
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2020

99 by scorpioniclibra »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

204 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

65 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

69 by FarCritical »»
Mar 27, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

70 by FarCritical »»
Mar 26, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.