Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2020 8:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol Kamian should take Nikaidou more seriously. Really someone not to underestimate when she's fighting for someone else.

Pretty cool episode though. I'm quite glad they gave Nikaidou more chance to shine in this finale and the season as a whole. Was fairly entertained by this show overall too.
Mar 28, 2020 8:46 AM

Aug 2017
Honestly, this is one of the surprises of the season. I was expecting senseless violence and gore as a shock factor but they gave me a show with funny comedy, good characters and an interesting world. What I really like is that we have both sides as main characters so that when they face each other, you would not know who to encourage. I could criticize is that it is very confusing at first but I think that the magic of Dorohedoro is realizing how the world works as the plot progresses.

8/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 28, 2020 8:50 AM

Dec 2017
gotta say, i haven't enjoyed the manga that much, but this adaptation kinda rekindled my interest in it. just really appreciate how much love Mappa poured into this show, with great, fun animation and awesome direction

i kind of had doubts about this adaptation after episode 1, but now i can surely say i prefer the anime over the manga. great stuff
Mar 28, 2020 9:04 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Easily the best anime of the season for me.

9/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 28, 2020 9:31 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty cool adaptation
8/10 as a manga reader
Mar 28, 2020 9:35 AM
May 2016
Funnest show this season, on par with Eizouken. Solid 9/10, will write up my in-depth thoughts soon after the episode is out.
Mar 28, 2020 9:57 AM

Sep 2017
I hope MAPPA confirms a new season and can manage adapt the whole story, they done a great job bringing this world to anime.
Mar 28, 2020 11:15 AM

Oct 2018
Can’t believe it’s already over...!!! Man they really ended at the perfect point to possibly start up season 2! This concludes the story of Dorohedoro...for now!!! Season 2 is gunna be even crazier then ever! This was a surprisingly faithful adaptation despite all the odds this has managed to meet my expectations and as a huge fan of my manga I’m so happy! What we will learn in the next curse is a mystery....!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2020 4:48 PM
Jul 2017
eggpudding said:
Can’t believe it’s already over...!!! Man they really ended at the perfect point to possibly start up season 2! This concludes the story of Dorohedoro...for now!!! Season 2 is gunna be even crazier then ever! This was a surprisingly faithful adaptation despite all the odds this has managed to meet my expectations and as a huge fan of my manga I’m so happy! What we will learn in the next curse is a mystery....!!

That is... DOROHEDORO
Mar 28, 2020 5:14 PM

Apr 2019
Best anime of this season. I love it! 10/10
Mar 28, 2020 5:26 PM
Mar 2020
Its the season final ep but the story plot start here, never really cared for an anime adaptation, find animes unnecessary, but now im curious about what they can do with the rest of the story, how far they can go.

good show overall.
Mar 28, 2020 7:45 PM
Sep 2008
I'm looking for a little assistance. The series is finished airing now. I deleted my review (was the second one listed) updated my list to reflect I had completed the series and rewrote/updated my review. I reposted it and it is still listed with a preliminary tag. Can we get a fix for this?
Mar 29, 2020 12:13 AM
Jan 2020
What are the chances this gets a second season? This show is so much better than anything else I've watched this season.
Mar 29, 2020 12:35 AM
Jul 2017
Draculoid said:
I'm looking for a little assistance. The series is finished airing now. I deleted my review (was the second one listed) updated my list to reflect I had completed the series and rewrote/updated my review. I reposted it and it is still listed with a preliminary tag. Can we get a fix for this?

Officially the final episode comes out in 10 hours or so, so you can just reupload your review later.
Mar 29, 2020 12:47 AM
Jan 2020
The best of this season with Id by his side.

9/10

Please MAPPA make a season 2
Mar 29, 2020 1:10 AM
Sep 2008
Abzu235 said:
Draculoid said:

Officially the final episode comes out in 10 hours or so, so you can just reupload your review later.
thanks for the help! I guess they're going by the TV broadcast and not when it releases on Netflix. I'll redo it again later.
Mar 29, 2020 1:49 AM

Sep 2017
@Draculoid The status of the episode already says Finished Airing, it has been more than 12 hours since the episode is available to watch, test now upload you review should be uploaded correctly, I believe.
Mar 29, 2020 2:32 AM

Oct 2019
Man this was a fun ride, Mappa did a great job with this adaptation especially the backgrounds even though they skipped some parts of the manga I'm still surprised that they manged to put around 40 chapters of a monthly series in 12 episodes without making it seem weird or rushed.

9/10 for me, hope that we will get a season 2 in the future...
Mar 29, 2020 3:55 AM

Jun 2014
I had no idea what to expect coming into this show but I'm glad I checked it out, it was weird, but the good kind of weird. Even though the story feels like it's all over the place, it still feels natural, if that makes sense. Like, it doesn't feel completely nonsensical. The characters were all great, and I liked the animation (sucks that people probably passed this up because of that alone). With this open ending I really hope we get another season later on.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 29, 2020 3:55 AM

Aug 2013
Welp that was fun, time to read the manga because we all know that good shows like this never get another season even with all the points you'd think it would check to get one.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 29, 2020 3:59 AM

May 2019
AOTS

Everything about this anime was great. It was a thrilling ride with the most bizarre characters and a messed up world. I loved how much of a chaotic mess the entire anime was.

I hope we get a season 2. MAPPA did a great job with this adaptation.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Mar 29, 2020 4:00 AM

Apr 2014
so what chapter do i need to read to continue?
Mar 29, 2020 4:23 AM

Apr 2009
karmashizzle said:

Volume 7, chapter 40. There will be a little bit of overlap for two chapters, but you'll have to check them up anyway for some extra Risu stuff and more.
Also you might as well just read from the beginning to see all the little things that did not make it to the anime (also I belive many will in the end be back in BD short specials).
Mar 29, 2020 4:45 AM
Sep 2017
I'm so satisfied with this adaptation.
Mar 29, 2020 5:06 AM

Nov 2016
Klimat said:
karmashizzle said:

Volume 7, chapter 40. There will be a little bit of overlap for two chapters, but you'll have to check them up anyway for some extra Risu stuff and more.
Also you might as well just read from the beginning to see all the little things that did not make it to the anime (also I belive many will in the end be back in BD short specials).

Is it a necessity tho to read from the start for the story to make sense, or can I just read from 40?
Mar 29, 2020 5:11 AM

Apr 2009
SurgeonOfDeath7 said:
Is it a necessity tho to read from the start for the story to make sense, or can I just read from 40?

It's not necessary, you can just read from 40.
On a second thought, read 32 first (there is an important revelation there that has not been included in the anime along the whole chapter), then skip to 40 and read from there.
Mar 29, 2020 5:12 AM

Nov 2016
Klimat said:
SurgeonOfDeath7 said:

On a second thought, read 32 first (there is an important revelation there that has not been included in the anime along the whole chapter), then skip to 40 and read from there.

Perfect mate, thank you :D
Mar 29, 2020 5:30 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Thank you MAPPA.

You delivered a great adaptation to one of the most original and underrated manga in existence. The passion of the people involved in this project was palpable through the great artistic choices taken throughout the run.

Now all we please, please need is a second season. If a show like Bofuri can get one easily, please let that be the case for Dorohedoro. Everyone that has Netflix, please watch it there and purchase if/when it gets a physical release.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 29, 2020 6:35 AM
Jan 2019
I heard that a 2nd season is not out of the question but it depends on popularity and positive feedback. So we just watch it on Netflix or?
Mar 29, 2020 6:37 AM

Dec 2019
Good thing they didn't end up killing each other, im really looking forward to season 2 if there won't be one there is always the manga, but i really prefer the anime for this one.
                                                         🖤   

Mar 29, 2020 6:43 AM
May 2016
God that was a great ending episode! Ahah, even managed to pull out a 6th ED right at the end! This ep was a super good conclusion for the season, the emotional moments felt heartfelt as hell, the animation had a surprisingly good step up overall and the direction was as solid as ever. Man what a fantastic and fun ride, I enjoyed that WAY more than I was expecting too from the PVs. Genuinely felt like one of the funnest adaptations I've seen in a while, I had a blast all the way through and my enjoyment of the series only grew with every ep. Been a while since I've enjoyed a show that's never left me bored at any moment. Good shit, Mappa, seriously hope this gets a season 2.

ModernoirMar 29, 2020 7:01 AM
Mar 29, 2020 6:57 AM
Dec 2017
Klimat said:
SurgeonOfDeath7 said:

Wasn't that "revelation" mentioned in the episode 1? En said it.
Mar 29, 2020 7:05 AM

Apr 2009
Sondfer said:
Wasn't that "revelation" mentioned in the episode 1? En said it.

Ha, apparently! Also it's mentioned so casually and briefly in episode 1 I didn't even notice it the first time I watched it, lol. I prefer the way it's explained in the manga. Gives the whole thing more gravitas.
Mar 29, 2020 7:18 AM

Apr 2011
Didnt know what to expect going in to it, really enjoyed this anime. I had doubts about the CGI, but I actually dealt with the berserk series ok so compared to that this was great.

Its not pretentious with its edginess, and has fun with the crazy world and setting. Definitely a rule of cool anime, and it works in my opinion.

Gave it 8/10, noticed the ratings spiked since it finished. Assuming we will get more and it wont be just advertising for the manga, with Netflix involved that seems unlikely.
Mar 29, 2020 7:45 AM
Mar 2019
I was really not expecting this show to be what it is.
At first I was kind of skeptical about Dorohedoro because of the gore tag. I'm not much of a fan of gore, but I don't mind it I guess, that's why I still decided to check out this show. The fun cast and interesting world completely blew my expecations.
Easily the best show of the season.
Mar 29, 2020 7:49 AM
Feb 2020
That ending was incredible
hope the friendship between Nikaido and Kaiman stay as strong as it is 😍🔥🔥
Mar 29, 2020 8:11 AM

Jun 2013
second season when?
Mar 29, 2020 9:23 AM
May 2016
Awesome show! I had zero expectations going in and was completely unfamiliar with the manga and hate CGI so was very skeptical going in to say the least. I'll admit the total confusion in the beginning didn't help but the more I watched the more I loved everything about this show, the characters, art, music, plot and worldbuilding were all amazing. Favorite show of the season by far and one of my favorite all time now too. Really hope a second season is coming, that ending was a perfect set up for more, but if not at least I'll have the manga. At least we know we are getting an OVA, can't wait for that. May just have to splruge for the Blu-rays if that would help get a second season. (doubt we'll ever get them in the US anyway, Netflix shows almost never do)
Mar 29, 2020 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
Thoughts on the episode:
That church art was absolutely beautiful!
The dude who stabbed Nikaido was wearing Caiman's green gloves.
What's the deal with the devils? Hope that's explained further in the story. Right now Asu seems to be a convenient expositionary device.
Did not feel like a last episode of a season. Left the story hanging.

Thoughts on the show:
One of the most creative things I've had the pleasure of seeing lately. My favourite this season by far. Hope season 2 gets announced pretty soon.
9/10
Mar 29, 2020 9:47 AM

Jan 2014
Anime of the year most likely ( along with Iruma Kun )

One of the most unique anime I have ever seen in my entire life, The passion and love that was poured into this anime was beyond admirable. The characters each have their own personality that isn't a stereotype/cliche. They each genuinely feel like their own person.

The CG although was jarring at the start, turned out to be executed phenomenally well, up there with Land of the Lustrous and Beastars.

I was begging over and over inside my head the other day that we would get a season 2 announcement at the end of the final episode, but that didn't happen :( I sincerely fucking hope that this gets a season 2 in the near future because this is one of the most enjoyable anime I have ever seen, easily in my top 10

If shit shows like Bofuri get a season two, while near masterpieces like Dorohedoro don't, then I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

9/10 anime what a fucking ride !
Mar 29, 2020 9:54 AM
Jul 2017
And this concludes the first season. I am more than satisfied with this adaptation. There were a few scenes cut out here and there but it’s a miracle the anime turned out this good. This was truly a passion project for MAPPA. I hope this show is successful enough to get a second season. I know I’m gonna watch this again on Netflix. Maybe I’ll even have the show play in the background while I do other stuff lol. This show honesty deserves a full adaptation. I hope MAPPA goes that far with it. 10/10 for me.
Mar 29, 2020 10:44 AM

Dec 2009
That was awesome! 9/10 I really liked this show, hope there's going to be a second season!
Mar 29, 2020 11:11 AM

Nov 2016
Anime of the season along with Eizouken. Was simply a crazy fun ride with outstanding characters and world.

8,5/10

On to the manga.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 29, 2020 11:18 AM

Apr 2019
Another great episode, definitely reading the manga. Hopefully gets a season 2.

Mar 29, 2020 11:30 AM

Oct 2018
Easily the best anime of the season for me.
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Mar 29, 2020 11:39 AM

Aug 2013
operationvalkyri said:
Thoughts on the episode:
That church art was absolutely beautiful!
The dude who stabbed Nikaido was wearing Caiman's green gloves.
What's the deal with the devils? Hope that's explained further in the story. Right now Asu seems to be a convenient expositionary device.
Did not feel like a last episode of a season. Left the story hanging.

Thoughts on the show:
One of the most creative things I've had the pleasure of seeing lately. My favourite this season by far. Hope season 2 gets announced pretty soon.
9/10

I agree 100% with everything you said. It was said that there was no other person down there, but Nikaido and Caiman. Still, no big conclusions to this season.
I wanted to give this a perfect score, but it has to be a 9/10 instead.
Mar 29, 2020 11:42 AM

Nov 2019
8/10 season overall
Mar 29, 2020 12:14 PM

Oct 2018
Did they really just end this episode like it was literally any other one?

That's very disappointing.

Aside from that, it was a great episode, and overall the anime was a very good one! It was definitely very weird as well, but in a good way. 9/10.

BTW, Dorohedoro is the 200th completed anime on my list
Mar 29, 2020 12:36 PM

Jun 2015
This was such a great ride. Easily the best winter anime. 9/10, will continue with the manga if a season 2 won't come
Fortune favours the bold!

Mar 29, 2020 12:53 PM

Dec 2016
I couldn't believe it slipped my mind Nikaido was being controlled not by magic but from the contract... I guess this is what I get from not watching this kind of anime?

This anime was crazy in its own level and it was fine :) The ending was actually satisfying. This anime isn't really my taste but it was different from I normally watch, so... 6,5/10
PurpleGirl203Mar 29, 2020 12:56 PM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

76 by PLUSKII »»
Jul 21, 5:05 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

67 by paocmanteiga »»
Jun 17, 12:44 AM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

72 by paocmanteiga »»
Jun 16, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2020

111 by Suckmypokeballs »»
May 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

70 by scorpioniclibra »»
Apr 27, 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.