Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 21, 2020 8:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
En is awesome in this series, very intimidating character especially when he gave that order. The manga is pretty bloody but the anime also captured the thrilling sensation of the chapter.

Shin also really doesn't like the Lizardman lol. Mrs Tanba is also hilarius, what a goofball

Seems they adapted 2+ chapters this episode which makes me curious what they'll plan to do for the finale.
Stark700Mar 21, 2020 9:02 AM
Mar 21, 2020 10:32 AM

Aug 2018
Awesome episode once again! We opened up the episode with Shin remembering Kasukabe and now we're all friends! Yay! Also, we got some of En's backstory. Just as badass as I remember it in the manga. Noi, Shin, and En have an encounter with a mysterious cross eyes man who has been killing En's goons. We later transition to Kaiman and Tanba who are opening a little snack bar at En's place. We get to see Kaiman's meat pie woman disguise and Asuka makes an appearance as well along with her magic. The episode ends with Kaiman trying to escape with Nikaido but Nikaido is still under En's control... Kaiman is going to have to use a little bit of force. The art and animation was really great all throughout. Hopefully they announce a season 2 at the end of episode 12. I don't know what I'm going to do without Dorohedoro man... lol
Bad_NutritionMar 21, 2020 11:13 AM
Mar 21, 2020 1:04 PM

Dec 2013
Great episode my only complaint is that The Boss's voice is fucking atrocious
Mar 21, 2020 1:06 PM
Mar 2020
lovely episode, but i fear risu storyline is been hold down to save some money, still hope we see him in the last ep.

and yeah theres a good reason but cross eyes boss voice is quite underwhelming
Mar 21, 2020 1:13 PM

Aug 2018
traballante said:
lovely episode, but i fear risu storyline is been hold down to save some money, still hope we see him in the last ep.

and yeah theres a good reason but cross eyes boss voice is quite underwhelming

I think they are just changing the order of some chapters.
It doesn't have anything to do with the current Nikaido situation so they are probably just going to show it in season 2
Mar 21, 2020 7:07 PM

Apr 2009
Oh good, they kept the pie battle with Asuka and it was pretty well done too. Can't believe there's only 1 episode left. Really hope S2 will indeed be a thing.
Mar 22, 2020 3:58 AM

Feb 2014
smells like season 1 will end on a cliffhanger
Mar 22, 2020 4:59 AM

Jul 2017
Nikaido at the expense of En's lackeys, and with En's own homemade movie about his backstory and mushrooms, plus the rampant market for black smoke (which is the source of the human sorcerer's powers). "The Boss"? Yea alright, that's until the Cross-Eyed beings killed their brethren, and the VERY reason En wanted to time-travel: to eliminate the man in Caiman's mouth.

Caiman disguising in that maid outfit and acting as Tanba's wife was hilarious! As the usual Fukuyama and Asuka's battle as pie workers, their feud hasn't ended.

Meanwhile, as much as Shin reminisences with Hole's doctor Kasukabe, while the former's mission to eliminate Caiman hasn't changed, the latter is only interested in research.

Total LOLs at the meatpie contest between Fukuyama and Asuka, of which the latter proves popular at first...with magic. With En and his family being the judges, it seems probable that Asuka is the winner who takes it all. While the guys fawn all over the Asuka's "magical" lovey-dovey microwaved apple pies, the ladies chose to go for Fukuyama's meat pies instead. But it ended up being Tanba's win with the magic gone.

BUT, this is a chance for Caiman to retrieve Nikaido while En and his family is distracted. Even with that, Nikaido's brainwashing is still not enough for Caiman to escape, what's his plan next? Eagerly anticipating the finale now...
Mar 22, 2020 7:07 AM
Feb 2020
amazing episode as always
baby en is cute (NOT)
and i hope mrs pieman win against nikaido (probably not happening)
Mar 22, 2020 7:13 AM

Dec 2014
hmm.. well that was something... nikaido and caiman fight...coming up
Mar 22, 2020 7:19 AM

Dec 2016
Nakaido is too brainwashed! I was surprised she stopped Caiman from been taken away.
Mrs. Pieman is so hillarious playing the wife! XD Tanba's mushroom pie was a huge jackpot for En *-*

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 22, 2020 7:25 AM

Aug 2018
KANLen09 said:
and the VERY reason En wanted to time-travel: to eliminate the man in Caiman's mouth.

Risu is not the one that appeared in this flashback, you can tell from his voice and silhouette
Mar 22, 2020 7:29 AM
May 2016
Great stuff, well that puts En in a whole new light, glad to see Shin has some loyalty to the doc. Asuka was...man that angel was grosser than the devils. Interesting to see what En wants Nikaido for, that's the great thing about this show you really can't tell who to root for, it's all one gray mess. Next week should be interesting, the only thing I'm hoping for is a season 2 announcement at the end. I know we're getting 6 OVAs but that's not enough, this is too good.
Mar 22, 2020 7:31 AM

Jul 2017
Metallica_Nero said:
KANLen09 said:
and the VERY reason En wanted to time-travel: to eliminate the man in Caiman's mouth.

Risu is not the one that appeared in this flashback, you can tell from his voice and silhouette

It's NOT Risu though, did I ever hint that Risu was the one? Even though the cross-eyes was the similarity.
Mar 22, 2020 7:33 AM

Aug 2018
KANLen09 said:
Metallica_Nero said:

It's NOT Risu though, did I ever hint that Risu was the one? Even though the cross-eyes was the similarity.

Mmmm "the man in Caiman's mouth" IS Risu tho lol. We know that for weeks now
Mar 22, 2020 7:36 AM

Jul 2017
Metallica_Nero said:
KANLen09 said:

Mmmm "the man in Caiman's mouth" IS Risu tho lol. We know that for weeks now
Whoops, then I've not been paying attention well enough. My bad.
Mar 22, 2020 8:25 AM
Sep 2015
Baby En is cute and no one can change my mind, not even a narrative voice.

Another episode of gay tease, this time Caiman crossdress and pretend to be a waifu. Can we have official same sex couple already?
Mar 22, 2020 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
Such a brilliant episode. The creativity of this show is outstanding. Hardly a cliche in sight. En spent two years in hell. No wonder he's so relaxed. He's already seen all sorts of shit that can be thrown at him. I'm glad Doc's back. Pieman is one sexy lady.
Mar 22, 2020 10:33 AM

Oct 2017
En's backstory was quite something lmao. Also woah Nikaidou vs Kaiman, this will be interesting.
Mar 22, 2020 12:45 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I got the feeling that they were changing the order of some stuff and reading some of your comments, I can see that i wasn't mistaken. No biggie. It makes it easier to end this first season next episode and to introduce it in a potential second season.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 22, 2020 1:51 PM

Aug 2018
Another great episode and Only One Left
8/10
Mar 22, 2020 1:51 PM

Aug 2012
Whayle said:
Yeah, I hope that's just because it's a movie.
Mar 22, 2020 2:30 PM
May 2016
Honestly that was the best ep so far, holy fuck. En's movie was such a great scene and the mixture of comedy and actual emotional stuff was done really well too. God I'm gonna miss this show after next week.
Mar 22, 2020 6:07 PM

Aug 2015
This show is so much fun I'm completed enraptured every episode.

And every song is such a banger! The current one "Seconds Fly" reminds me of Blackpink's "Boombayah"
Mar 22, 2020 9:42 PM
Apr 2019
What a great episode. I really hate mind control though, it's so annoying seeing characters act so differently.
Mar 22, 2020 11:21 PM

Apr 2019
Another great episode. Definitely have to read the manga after this season ends.

Mar 23, 2020 3:41 AM
May 2016
FrancWyvern said:
Whayle said:

This, it's obviously portrayed that way because of artistic liberties from En himself for his own movie, lmao.
Mar 23, 2020 5:03 AM

Sep 2019
"So today's just going to be like this, huh?"
Surprise, Fuji, but that's your entire day from the time you wake up.

And man, what a note to end on. It's also nice that since the beginning that Caiman is getting a little more serious.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Mar 23, 2020 9:58 AM

Mar 2015
Modernoir said:
FrancWyvern said:

This, it's obviously portrayed that way because of artistic liberties from En himself for his own movie, lmao.

Wasn't Boss voiced by Takagi Wataru?
Mar 23, 2020 1:23 PM

Aug 2016
En's story was awesome
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Mar 23, 2020 8:55 PM

Dec 2019
Damn guess they will have to fight afterall :/ still really curious about Caimans identity, but i can guess who he is but in the end i might be wrong.
                                                         🖤   

Mar 24, 2020 12:16 AM

Aug 2018
Goddamn this anime is getting crazy good and this episode was great
8/10
Mar 24, 2020 2:01 AM

Mar 2010
En surprised me with not being the final boss or full evil or something. The documentary might be biased but I'm sure that En is also morally gray character.

That pie competition was great!
Mar 24, 2020 7:18 PM

Jul 2015
Were one episode from the finale and they're having a pie judging contest. I love it.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 24, 2020 10:35 PM

Oct 2008
En's backstory quite well done huh!
5/5.

Mar 24, 2020 11:27 PM
Jan 2020
The Overall Episode was quite Horrific in terms of Visual Art , whereas the characters were good.
Enjoy Anime ; Respect the hard work of Anime Creator
Daisuke Anime
Arigato
Mar 24, 2020 11:28 PM
Jan 2020
Caiman was fascinating in this episode
Daisuke Anime
Arigato
Mar 24, 2020 11:29 PM
Jan 2020
Caiman was fascinating in this episode
Daisuke Anime
Arigato
Mar 24, 2020 11:59 PM

Jul 2016
Of course En-san would act, direct and produce his own movie as well xD Seriously, I can't help but love this man's sense of accomplishment.

And by the way, not really sure why but I found Asuka rather hot... yeah, even despite the fact of seeing her during the entire episode wearing a bat's corpse as a mask and having dead rats hanging on her clothes...

Anyways, absolutely hilarious episode. This series is truly at its best when the plot moves forward and the whole situation isn't portrayed that seriously. Uhm, maybe that's why I didn't enjoy the previous one that much.

This said, there's just one episode left so I now wonder if Nikaidou's issue will be really solved or there will be some sort of cliffhanger to set things for a possible second season.
Mar 25, 2020 2:22 AM

Apr 2009
One of the best episodes so far as far animation and direction goes. They are quickly learning this whole 3D anime routine on the fly! I'm impressed!
Mar 25, 2020 12:10 PM

Aug 2017
En's backstory cleared all my doubts about his character and motivations. I also liked when Chouta broked the 4th wall lmao.

Mrs Tanba was really hilarious too!!

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 27, 2020 4:04 AM

Nov 2013
This show's like those PIES, i just want MORE!
Mar 27, 2020 4:06 AM
Jul 2018
Whos gonna give me an apple pie?-w-
I wanna see how this will end.
Mar 27, 2020 11:41 AM

Oct 2018
so caiman was killing magician before becoming a lizard man?!
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Mar 28, 2020 9:14 AM

Jun 2013
It's a more fun episode, this series is gonna need a lot of seasons to cover the entire manga.
臭い-
Mar 31, 2020 6:46 AM

Aug 2011
honestly seeing en's movie in 2D kinda glad they went with the CGI in the main story! i mean it looked decent but 2D makes everything look more basic i guess
Apr 11, 2020 10:08 AM

Apr 2016
A little bit of backstory on En and his rise as a boss. That was nice to see.

Asuka brainwashed everyone into eating her pies. How underhanded! Shin, Fujita, and En's comments were pretty funny. The girls reactions to them as well.

Speaking of brainwashed, it sucks that Nikaido isn't acting like herself.
Apr 20, 2020 2:57 PM

Apr 2012
Not going to lie, was expecting the plot to move forward this episode.

While En's backstory was interesting and the pie battle was fun, it definitely felt like stalling. Only pacing issue I have so far, so the season managed quite well otherwise. Getting hyped for season 2.
Jun 4, 2020 7:27 PM

Jul 2013
Well after seeing En's little backstory I think I hate him a little less now, guy is brutal as fuck but knowing what he came from it's kinda understandable. Also, that headless guy is definitely Kaiman.
Aug 9, 2020 9:57 PM
Jul 2018
That’s it guys. This episode is really cementing the fact that En isn’t a bad guy. At all. And judging the pies fairly is just the icing on the cake. In his autobiographical movie, he outright states that he’s trying to rid the world of bad guys. Most “antagonists” would have turned evil after suffering a traumatic childhood like that, but En came out of that tragic childhood with the uppermost etiquette and ambition. It’s amazing. It was revealed earlier that he turned an entire town and its inhabitants into mushrooms. Was that a “red herring”? Implying that he might be ruthless and villainous? Because in the movie (which I think is implied to be mostly true albeit dramatized) it is revealed that En did it by accident with the hopes of saving Shin and Noi and defeating a “bad guy”. Man, En is amazing. He’s barely done anything selfish or mean spirited throughout the entire anime. Kidnapping Nikaido and forcing her to become his partner is one thing — but, in all honesty, it’s just to rewind time and discover the identity of a “bad guy” who could be a threat to others… right? Man I love En. I might Favorite his MAL character profile.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2020

99 by scorpioniclibra »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

204 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

69 by FarCritical »»
Mar 27, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

70 by FarCritical »»
Mar 26, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

75 by FarCritical »»
Mar 25, 5:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.