Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 22, 2020 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, this episode is ridiculous but really entertaining. We got baseball uniforms with Kaiman as catcher, Nikadio as pitcher, etc.

I have to say, this is one hell of a team they assembled with characters of all backgrounds. The Worms are awesome.
Feb 22, 2020 9:03 AM
Aug 2016
Does episode 7 had a new ending? Don't care about the plot since i've almost finished the manga, i'm just curios since previously it changed every 2 episodes.
Feb 22, 2020 9:08 AM
May 2016
Hebi_op said:
Does episode 7 had a new ending? Don't care about the plot since i've almost finished the manga, i'm just curios since previously it changed every 2 episodes.

From what I've heard it's the first ED again but Ebisu's wearing her shark costume
Feb 22, 2020 10:14 AM
Dec 2017
Shigeru Chiba is Chidaruma's VA.
Feb 22, 2020 10:52 AM

Aug 2018
Awesome! Episode as always
8/10
Feb 22, 2020 11:04 AM
Jan 2020
Chota and En are gay but the latter won't admit it, period.

(but who else would build a fucking TOWER for another person?)

It was such a fun episode! Baseball game, Matsumura and Fujita finally went back together (and were separated immediately lol Ebisu), Shin and Noi being great partners again, THIRTEEN this little shit is here.
I can't point out everything I loved about this episode, too many of them)

Maybe I missed it, but in manga there was a scene before baseball game, with Fujita and Ebisu. Fuji said he was gonna kill Kaiman and Ebisu told him he'd die. Then he says: "Nobody cares" and Ebisu just: "I do".

"Because otherwise how can I go home?" lmao. But their relationship is sincere. This scene + when she jumps with him into Hole. Good friends (if Ebisu wasn't a minor, it could even be seen as love relationship)
Feb 22, 2020 12:00 PM

Dec 2013
jerryjoonie said:
Maybe I missed it, but in manga there was a scene before baseball game, with Fujita and Ebisu. Fuji said he was gonna kill Kaiman and Ebisu told him he'd die. Then he says: "Nobody cares" and Ebisu just: "I do".

"Because otherwise how can I go home?" lmao. But their relationship is sincere. This scene + when she jumps with him into Hole. Good friends (if Ebisu wasn't a minor, it could even be seen as love relationship)

Yeah I'm extremely disappointed that they skipped that scene
WhayleFeb 22, 2020 12:06 PM
Feb 22, 2020 4:34 PM

Mar 2019
I haven't seen the episode yet (waiting for subs), but Chota is in it already!? Oh hell yeah :D I had been expecting him to appear next week. That's my favorite character in all of Dorohedoro. God, I can't wait.
poemofdevilFeb 22, 2020 4:51 PM
Feb 22, 2020 7:02 PM

Apr 2009
jerryjoonie said:

"Because otherwise how can I go home?"
Such a shame they cut that, it was a good scene. Oh well, that aside, another stellar episode. Ebisu a cute and the final bit with things going all Scary Monsters is really well executed.
Feb 23, 2020 4:16 AM
Dec 2019
Don't mess with Ebisu's magic!
Feb 23, 2020 7:01 AM

Dec 2014
really entertaining episode. It was over before i knew it.
atleast we now know who cast magic on caiman.
The animation feels like it has improved this ep or maybe they have learned how to use CGI to their advantage.
was expecting a new ED but this is fine as well.
i laugh everytime i see johnson on screen.
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Feb 23, 2020 8:00 AM

Mar 2016
I don't like how they are not revealing much of anything about Caiman. However, I absolutely love this disastrous episode.

The magic removing guy just casually cut off Shin's internal organ, and there was no reaction. That's so stupid that I absolutely love it.

Ebisu destroyed Matsumura. hahaha

When Noi and Shin were destroying each other, the boss just looked at them with little to no interest.

The first time I'd seen Dorohedoro's art, I thought this would be a dark and gloomy story. Well, it's dark, but definitely not gloomy!
Feb 23, 2020 8:25 AM

Oct 2017
I still don't understand what's going on in this show. Do I need to read the manga to fully comprehend or is it just a mess of a show?
Feb 23, 2020 8:34 AM
May 2016
Fantastic fucking episode! It was so fun all the damn way through! But god man the more serious moments were really good as well, Shin vs Noi was awesome and animated really fucking nicely, but the ending had me hooked as hell. Great OST use this episode, the animation and overall polish felt even better than the past few eps too. It's weird but it feels like this show is only improving with every episode, I'm hooked.

Also Shark Ebisu is the cutest thing hands down. SHAAKSU SHAAKSU!
Feb 23, 2020 8:36 AM
Sep 2015
It's nice to play with violence when death is easily reversible in this setting. And this is why I can watch this show despite I don't like seeing character die. I know that magic users can be revived so I'm wondering if human can be revived too?

En should just accept Chota love already! And En should go fully naked the next time he's drawing model, such a nice and lickable muscle...

Fujita disguised as human look adorable!
phantomfandomFeb 23, 2020 8:47 AM
Feb 23, 2020 9:18 AM

Jun 2015
I'm repeating myself but i can't stress it enough. This would've been a 10/10 anime if it weren't for that unncessary fast pacing. So many things are going on in a short amount of time. It is questionable at this point. Sure for the sake of having 12 episodes this is to be expected but there are plenty of first season animes which do a way better job of it.

Also they cut out this scene: https://imgur.com/a/nEJlFdX
Feb 23, 2020 9:35 AM
May 2016
Nycro said:
I'm repeating myself but i can't stress it enough. This would've been a 10/10 anime if it weren't for that unncessary fast pacing. So many things are going on in a short amount of time. It is questionable at this point. Sure for the sake of having 12 episodes this is to be expected but there are plenty of first season animes which do a way better job of it.

The fast pacing is completely faithful to the manga though, the earlier chapters breeze by because that's simply how the manga tells its story. Not every detail is meant to be lingered on and followed with extensive monologues explaining every single little detail.
Feb 23, 2020 9:36 AM
Apr 2015
Nycro said:

Its better than slow pacing
they adapt 3 chapters per episode
This so good adaptation
Feb 23, 2020 9:39 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode all the way ... hmmm so Ebisu was the one...so who is Caimon anyway
Feb 23, 2020 9:46 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good episode, the baseball match was fun to see
Feb 23, 2020 10:02 AM

Jun 2015
Modernoir said:
Nycro said:

The fast pacing is completely faithful to the manga though, the earlier chapters breeze by because that's simply how the manga tells its story. Not every detail is meant to be lingered on and followed with extensive monologues explaining every single little detail.

I guess you are the special type. Honestly If the pacing was a little bit slower I gurantee the score of this show wouldn't be lower than 8.

Also being too faithful to the source material isn't necessary a good thing sinceTV shows work completely different from comic/mangas.
Feb 23, 2020 10:16 AM
May 2016
Nycro said:
Modernoir said:

I guess you are the special type. Honestly If the pacing was a little bit slower I gurantee the score of this show wouldn't be lower than 8.

Also being too faithful to the source material isn't necessary a good thing sinceTV shows work completely different from comic/mangas.

You may call me special but you're in the minority here with that criticism of yours, lol. The pacing of the show is unique but I wouldn't call it rushed at all, I'm more than used to fast-paced shows though so that might just be the difference. I know the show's going to receive above an 8 when it's finished anyways, people were just turned off early by the CGI. Those that stuck around have already seen just how fun and unique the series is.
Feb 23, 2020 11:12 AM
Jan 2020
FuMomo-kun said:
I don't like how they are not revealing much of anything about Caiman. However, I absolutely love this disastrous episode.

The magic removing guy just casually cut off Shin's internal organ, and there was no reaction. That's so stupid that I absolutely love it.

Ebisu destroyed Matsumura. hahaha

When Noi and Shin were destroying each other, the boss just looked at them with little to no interest.

The first time I'd seen Dorohedoro's art, I thought this would be a dark and gloomy story. Well, it's dark, but definitely not gloomy!

It's the same in the manga. With Kaiman, I mean. So they always say "what awaits us in the next episode? That's still a mystery" after ED (Shark Ebisu running was so cute)

Also in the manga, when Shin was bleeding in the elevator, En noticed that he may not feel pain at all
Feb 23, 2020 11:33 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
YES! The baseball chapter. It's so incredibly random but so much fun and I loved seeing some of this madness animated (Johnson stealing base had me in stitches!)

jerryjoonie said:

Yeah, I cannot believe they cut that. Such a sweet little snippet. Well, I suppose they have to take these decisions in order to get to their desired manga cutoff point for the 12 episodes

FuMomo-kun said:

I remember a quote from the mangaka (don't know how legit it is) that fits describing Dorohedoro perfectly "A song with really dark lyrics, but a melody that's so happy that you want to dance to it”
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 23, 2020 12:30 PM
May 2010
Modernoir said:
Nycro said:

You may call me special but you're in the minority here with that criticism of yours, lol. The pacing of the show is unique but I wouldn't call it rushed at all, I'm more than used to fast-paced shows though so that might just be the difference. I know the show's going to receive above an 8 when it's finished anyways, people were just turned off early by the CGI. Those that stuck around have already seen just how fun and unique the series is.

This ^^

I'm one of those guys who "stuck around" and now I'm fascinated with this series.

The pacing is perfect, if it was slower I really guarantee you that the score would be lower, the first eps were really hard to digest with that CGI and all the weird stuff going on and I almost dropped it if I'm honest.

Hilarious ep, Shark Ebisu and Johnson made my day.
Feb 23, 2020 12:40 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Farabeuf said:

FuMomo-kun said:

I remember a quote from the mangaka (don't know how legit it is) that fits describing Dorohedoro perfectly "A song with really dark lyrics, but a melody that's so happy that you want to dance to it”

Soooo... Pumped up Kicks?
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 23, 2020 1:36 PM

May 2019
We already know Dorohedoro is weird but when I saw they were going to play baseball I thought "How weird can a baseball match be" and boy.....

From that giant bug to a Frankenstein that goes crazy if it doesn't get charged for 30 mins to corpses hanging around as prop

And to think that Ebisu was the one who cursed Caiman... Man what the actual fuk?

I LOVE this anime
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Feb 23, 2020 2:15 PM

Jul 2012
Yup, still a great adaptation with top notch sense of progression per episode.
I also noticed they cut that cute scene, but it wasn't a big deal and it could even easily get inserted later anyway.

4,5/5
Feb 23, 2020 2:25 PM

Jun 2013
Thirteen is a nice guy, but Nikaido Kaiman's woman forever. She belongs to Kaiman just like En belongs to Chota ;) Damn all scenes with Jonson in this episode were even better than in the manga, I laughed so hard
Feb 23, 2020 3:11 PM
Nov 2016
Modernoir said:
Nycro said:

I agree, comedies are better with a fast pacing.

Why do people care about MAL scores? There are many excellent shows that don't even have an 8, and most of the shows in the top 100 are trash.
Feb 23, 2020 4:18 PM

Dec 2016
Farabeuf said:
YES! The baseball chapter. It's so incredibly random but so much fun and I loved seeing some of this madness animated (Johnson stealing base had me in stitches!)

jerryjoonie said:

Yeah, I cannot believe they cut that. Such a sweet little snippet. Well, I suppose they have to take these decisions in order to get to their desired manga cutoff point for the 12 episodes

FuMomo-kun said:

So basically Hollywood Undead - Bullet xD
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 23, 2020 4:45 PM

Jan 2018
This episode was really good, I never thought i would see Jonson again.
Feb 23, 2020 5:30 PM

May 2015
that episode was absolute lunacy and it was brilliant. Show gets better every week
Feb 23, 2020 5:50 PM

Jun 2015
zeus-faber said:
I still don't understand what's going on in this show. Do I need to read the manga to fully comprehend or is it just a mess of a show?

Well the anime does rush the pace a bit but the manga is not much different
Feb 23, 2020 6:14 PM

Nov 2018
phantomfandom said:
It's nice to play with violence when death is easily reversible in this setting. And this is why I can watch this show despite I don't like seeing character die. I know that magic users can be revived so I'm wondering if human can be revived too?

finished the manga a year ago. from what i remembered, Kikurage (En's devil cat?) can revive a person with a devil tumor (those tiny devils inside in your head) and it only exist on magic users.

so my guess is humans can't be revived.
Feb 23, 2020 8:25 PM
Oct 2014
<3<3<3 Ebisu's Sharksu Dance <3<3<3. Chomp Chomp... Fun episode.

Feb 23, 2020 9:06 PM
Mar 2015
Things blew up in their faces when they tried to retrieve their friend Ebisu cute shark
Feb 23, 2020 9:25 PM

Aug 2013
In episode 2, En already mentioned, that Ebisu uses Lizard magic. But I forgot about that until now. So she was "the one" after all, huh.

A lot of pairings in this episode.
The Sharks and Worms
Caiman and Nikaidou as the battery on the field. Caiman knows her so well.
Shin and Noi, fighting and then sharing a moment.
Fujita and his former partner,
then Fujita and Ebisu had a moment.
And last but also least, En and that Bird guy, with the one-sided admiration.

Teamwork makes the dream work.
Feb 23, 2020 9:26 PM
Sep 2015
Starahobaka said:
phantomfandom said:

finished the manga a year ago. from what i remembered, Kikurage (En's devil cat?) can revive a person with a devil tumor (those tiny devils inside in your head) and it only exist on magic users.

so my guess is humans can't be revived.

Now I know why Shin is super sad and mad when his father was killed. I just want everyone to be happy in this story.
Feb 23, 2020 10:00 PM

Aug 2018
I'm no manga reader and this could end up being true but why is everyone saying Ebisu is the one lol????

Did you forget that in this very episode we learned that magic smoke can be sold and used by other people and it already happened to Noi. So even if it is really Ebisu's magic, I doubt she is the who used it. They didn't even let the man inside the head finish the sentence. They probably just left "you are" and cut the "not the one" part to mislead people

(For manga readers please don't confirm it)
Masha-maFeb 23, 2020 10:04 PM
Feb 23, 2020 10:39 PM
Apr 2018
Chota!!! God I love him so much. His craziness and gayness what makes him a lovable character.
Feb 23, 2020 11:00 PM

Jul 2016
Did this episode offer anything new to the main storyline? Barely, just the last two or three minutes.
Did it was my favorite episode so far? Absolutely. Gotta love how random a baseball match sounds at this point in the series.
Feb 23, 2020 11:53 PM

Aug 2018
SouthRzVa said:
Did this episode offer anything new to the main storyline? Barely, just the last two or three minutes.
Did it was my favorite episode so far? Absolutely. Gotta love how random a baseball match sounds at this point in the series.

Well it also introduce new characters that could potentially have a big role on the store later
Feb 24, 2020 12:13 AM

Jul 2019
Now that is the type of baseball match I would pay to see. Ebisu rockin the place in her sharksu outfit and even Jonson got to see some action. The animation was either really good or really bad this time around. last episodes there was more of a middle ground.
Feb 24, 2020 2:24 AM

Jul 2017
En is one step closer to figuring out more of Ebisu through the smoke that Nikaido sold before...and Fujita is taken in for the ride, once again into Hole...for a baseball match.

One weird proposition to this world is baseball, and I've gotta say, in such a dystopian world that can happen with just about anything, anything goes. Nice to see Jonson again.

Never have I been so excited watching a baseball match like this, it was full pure adrenaline.

But Noi getting caught in Ebisu's smoke doesn't do any favours as he transforms to a Caiman-like creature, and Shin luckily escapes from the clutches. On the other side, Matsumura's rampage, Ebisu's temporary memory recollection and such...who is the man in Caiman's mouth?
Feb 24, 2020 3:38 AM

Jun 2013
Ebisu, my girl was so freaking adorable in this episode with her shark costume and dance. Gonna be that annoying shipper that ships her hard with Fujita. They are too freaking cute together, ngl. I'm sure there are those who ship Nikaido with Kaiman and Shin with Noi but this is my OTP.

Jonson was also pretty funny in this episode. He's always so sweet and funny in the manga. Chota, it's more of a love hate relationship with him.

Also that ending with Ebisu transforming was fucking awesome!
臭い-
Feb 24, 2020 3:41 AM
Jul 2018
Jonson is a good player and Ebisu with that transformation is great.
Feb 24, 2020 4:45 AM

Oct 2018
The animation for the Shin vs Noi fight blew me away! MAPPA has so many talented people working on this!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2020 5:37 AM
Feb 2020
Hebi_op said:

Yeah, I it has new, slightly changed visuals for the ending. We see Ebisu in the Sharks Mascot suit running away from the cam viewpoint, and I think we saw her Magic Door ? And there was one interesting tree silhouette, which might play a role in the future? I'm new to Dorohedoro, haven't read the manga, so pls no spoilers :D :P
Feb 24, 2020 5:48 AM
Feb 2020
I like this ep! We get to see a bit of the Hole's residents pass time/hobbies/sport activities. AND we also got the (potential?) full reveal that Ebisu was the one who transformed Caiman/Risu. And yeah, it is a bit unfair for the magicians/sorcerers to whine about death or supposed deadly wounds since we have characters like Noi and Kakigure(?; En's pet/pet-devil). I am saying this, because in comparison, humans can only "come back to life"in the annual zombie hunt as zombies :/ I like the dichotomy the creator pose - Humans clearly hate sorcerers because of their experiments on humans, and now sorcerers also take offense when a human is able to take down a sorcerer. Overall one of my top 5 shows for the season! ^_^
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2020

99 by scorpioniclibra »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

204 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

65 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

69 by FarCritical »»
Mar 27, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

70 by FarCritical »»
Mar 26, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.