Forum Settings
Forums

Animes that you think deserve the brotherhood treatment

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 8, 2020 6:03 PM

Nov 2019
If this place still has any semblance of credibility, none of these shows deserve such treatment.

I'm very dissapointed at MAL for allowing this kind of elitism and I even cheered when the reviewersgate set the entire site on fire.
Feb 8, 2020 6:03 PM

Mar 2016
I thought Card Captor Sakura would be a good idea. And it still would be imo! But I saw the latest sequel of it last year and well, they didnt even have an ending for it. It just sorta ended floating without an end to the arc or anything. Super disappointing.

Otherwise...I cant think of one.
Feb 8, 2020 6:07 PM
Jul 2018
Assasins Pride or Plunderer, heard that the source material is actually pretty good, too bad they got bad studios adapting them
Feb 8, 2020 8:23 PM
Sep 2017
1) SAO
1) SAO
1) SAO
1) SAO
1) SAO

The source material was ruined when A1 picture got announced to direct the series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2020 8:31 PM

Mar 2016
Soul Eater, Twin Star Exorcist, Tokyo Ghoul and D.Gray-man when the manga finally ends
Feb 8, 2020 8:38 PM

May 2016
1. Berserk. The sleek, polished look of CGI does not match Berserk whatsoever, and neither does the latest adaptations' misguided predilection for high-octane action and totes-rad music. The 1997 adaptation was the perfect adaptation, because of its painterly visuals and haunting, atmospheric soundtrack. Its low budget meant it had to favor still images over fluid motion, but that's perfect for Berserk, and trying to watch any iteration of Berserk without Susumu Hirasawa's score is aggravating. I'd like to see Wit Studio take this project, because they can pull off the gritty look and they'd probably have the clout to get Hirasawa on board.

2. Claymore. I've never seen it, but it looks cool, and its fanbase rabidly wants its story to be told properly, and I'd like to see that in action. I feel like Madhouse or ufotable would be the best choices for the studio.

3. Slayers. I'd love to see a studio like Silver Link or David take a crack at making a faithful adaptation of the original novels, with a similar look and attitude to the original 1995 series. Snarky fantasy comedy is in right now, and a fresh retelling of Slayers could teach these whippersnappers what's what.

4. Trigun. Damn straight, son, let's get a full adaptation of Trigun Maximum up in here and let's get Studio Bones to work on it. It would be fucking awesome.

5. Battle Angel Alita. Fuck yes. Let's get Wit Studio back on the phone and convince them to adapt this behemoth in its entirety.
ZelkiiroFeb 9, 2020 9:51 PM

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Feb 8, 2020 10:09 PM

Dec 2011
yotamdin said:
As an example, you can take fruits basket which got a total remake that basically throws away any reason you had to watch the original one

Hard disagree. The remake has flawed characterization and is oblivious to slowing down pace when highlighting emotion. Now the upcoming sequel, yeah sure, for all new content.

OT: Umineko. Listen. I, me, you, we need this. If only an almost cinematic experience were possible.
Feb 8, 2020 10:14 PM

Aug 2014
Attackonfiller said:
Rosario+Vampire

All these series need it very, very badly. The current adaptations don't do them anywhere near enough justice, it's depressing.

Yes! If there was a faithful adaptation of Rosario + Vampire, it would easily be my #1 anime.
Feb 8, 2020 10:43 PM
Jul 2018
TOKYO GHOUL. The manga is absolutely amazing. Pierrot Studios just has to screw it up. Just like always.
Feb 8, 2020 10:48 PM

Sep 2016
Nothing, because the original FMA was better.
bruh
Feb 8, 2020 11:32 PM

Jul 2017
SadMadoka said:
Attackonfiller said:
Rosario+Vampire

All these series need it very, very badly. The current adaptations don't do them anywhere near enough justice, it's depressing.

Yes! If there was a faithful adaptation of Rosario + Vampire, it would easily be my #1 anime.

I would definitely have a spot for it on my favourites too. One of the best vampire stories with a ton of fun to be had. Needs a reboot ASAP!

Feb 8, 2020 11:38 PM
Dec 2018
Naruto Shippuden without the filler, its diffficult to get new fans to watch a series like Naruto who would go a full year with filler content, Naruto would be a 8 out of 10 without that much filler.
Feb 8, 2020 11:42 PM

Sep 2008
INDEX. esp S3. it's laughably bad, full of corner cutting and rewrites. I'll be forever mad about it.
Soul Eater. You can pinpoint where the show ran out of the source material and fell off a cliff.
Berserk. jfc, give berserk fans a break.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Feb 8, 2020 11:50 PM

Feb 2018
Hitman Reborn (Needs improved animation but keep the same cast)

D.Gray-man (The space between D.Gray-man & Hallow is too long as well as the sudden finale of Hallow so a revamped vers would be perfect in fixing these flaws)

Eureka Seven (Maybe an updated vers of the anime series, not the films, just to let normies give the series a chance since so many people know next to nothing about it)

Rose of Versailles (Since the movie was cancelled a while back, a newer vers would be fun. Esp for the newer fans to give it a try)

Captain Tylor (Same as with RoVs)
Webtoons, anime, & manga fuel my soul
Feb 9, 2020 2:09 PM

Mar 2016
Hillary_Clinton_ said:
Trigun would be great if it was handed to a decent studio, stayed true to the original art style and didn't shit the bed with CGI corner-cutting, but that's a lot of "ifs".

I've heard great things about the Trigun manga, so I agree, I'd definitely want to see it made more readily available.

And for me personally, Berserk is the obvious answer.
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Feb 9, 2020 2:19 PM

Apr 2018
- Berserk
- Konjiki no Gash
- Pandora Hearts
- Naruto
- Gantz
Feb 9, 2020 2:24 PM

Dec 2015
Akame ga Kill.
Claymore.
Rosario+Vampire.
Tokyo Ghoul.
Pandora Hearts.
Arifureta.
Berserk.
Twin Star Exorcist.
Deadman Wonderland.
Katekyo Hitman Reborn.
Bleach.
Tsukihime.

Feb 9, 2020 2:31 PM

Sep 2017
Soul Eater
Ouran High School Host Club

with all the dub casts returning (-1 notable exception)
Feb 9, 2020 2:32 PM

Nov 2017
The holy grail is Berserk, the greatest cultural export of Japan.

Claymore is a close 2nd.

FMAB the fullmetal alchemist done in grim-dark seinen fashion with lots of horrifying horror lovecraftian notes and stuff would be neat. Not even a note of shounen before 18+, just pure "this is what this story is without any of the cutesy stuff" wartime and all. Yeah, that would be neat.

Sort of like Sirious the Jaeger with good direction.

Ed shirtless but scarfilled.

Just pure biological horror. Like a quick super-dark OVA on the FMA world in complete crazy steampunk sci-fi lovecraftian horror.

And in this one Ed has sex with Winry and it starts off super violent but ends up super passionate. A sex scene with Hawkeye, Olivier is a lesbian and has a girlfriend.

This sounds f-ing great, just turn the universe super dark like Rurouni Kenshin Trust and Betrayal. How come we never get any Trust and Betrayals anymore?

No anime is ever 'adult' enough for me. Maybe Otaku are fragile and scared of it now. We don't even get tentacles anymore.

In the late 80s we had monsters. In the 90s we had existential symbolism. In the 2000s we had depressed existentialism. The 2010s was all f'ing immature isekai.

Shield Hero was kind of a grim dark isekai. It didn't end perfectly but it showed possibility.

An isekai where you die and come back to life...is bleach. Have we had a truly great seinen isekai with actual philosophy? We'd be missing out if we didn't get one.

There are no Serial Experiment Lains or Evangelions anymore, sigh. Or maybe I'm just not paying enough attention.
Feb 9, 2020 2:33 PM
May 2019
Claymore
Berserk
Soul Eater
Tokyo Ghoul
Feb 9, 2020 2:34 PM

May 2016
FullyCharged said:
Nothing, because the original FMA was better.

Nah, it was better in some aspects, but worse in others. Brotherhood is the better complete package.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Feb 9, 2020 2:35 PM
May 2019
I agree with some of what's been posted. I think the treatment should be for shows that just went off the rails, or just took a great story and handed out a sub par show (Every attempt at berserk post 90s). Soul eater was pretty damn good. But I dont need a complete do-over to be happy. Unlike berserk.

1.Berserk.
2.Claymore.
3.Deadman Wonderland.
4.Akame Ga Kill.
Feb 9, 2020 2:44 PM

Jul 2013
Claymore and Rosario + Vampire (It makes me happy seeing more people here wishing for a new adaptation of the manga) are my responses, as always. Both are good mangas that deserve their source material to be adapted faithfully and completely. It's not going to happen, of course, but a man is free to dream.

I would add D.Gray-man to the list too, but the first anime was great on its own and the series missed the chance of a reboot with Hallow, so...
Feb 9, 2020 2:54 PM

Feb 2015
I really would like to see an adaption of Bari Bari Densetsu, an old motorcycle manga by the creator of Initial D. It got a 2 episode OVA in the 80s (which was later recycled into a 90 minutes movie), but never a proper series. Allegedly it's way better than Initial D and more story-focused, so it's a shame it never got a TV anime.

A new version Gundam F91 would be cool too. F91 is a fantastic looking movie, but the story was weird and rushed because it was meant to be a full TV series.
Feb 9, 2020 3:38 PM

Jan 2018
We need a real adapatation of Kodoku no Gourmet, but also an adaptation of other Jiro Taniguchi mangas, preferably movies for better production values.
Feb 9, 2020 3:39 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Brotherhood was way worse than the 2003 version from what I saw though, I don't really feel inclined to watch a worse version of anything I've already seen.
Feb 9, 2020 5:52 PM

Mar 2018
Berserk but with a complete remake no CGI trash.
"Even the strongest of opponents always has a weakness."
Feb 9, 2020 7:26 PM

Jul 2017
Please give Tokyo Ghoul a proper and thorough adaptation. The manga is still one of my favorites and the first 2 seasons were't bad, but come on, the last 2 seasons "adapting" re were a joke. Give it to another studio and let them do it justice.
Feb 9, 2020 7:44 PM
Nov 2019
Tsubasa:reservoir chronicle!!! I have been waiting for a remake since I first watched the anime. The anime dumbed it down so much and was honestly very disappointing for me. Tsubasa is one of my favorite manga!!
Feb 9, 2020 7:57 PM

Feb 2015
gundam 0079 the animation looks very poor and could be done so much better today, give it gundam origin style animation and that would be great
Feb 9, 2020 8:37 PM
BL Connoisseur

Oct 2008
Mirage of Blaze. Not just a remake, but also a continuation - the first anime didn't even so much as cover a significant amount of the plot.

xxxHOLiC. Whoever adapted that anime and removed all references to its sister series, Tsubasa Chronicle, lost the point of the franchise completely. Plus there were many things done that were horribly ooc not just to the charas, but also to CLAMP itself.

Tantei Gakuen Q. Such an underrated, awesome detective/mystery anime.

Mister Ajikko. With the trend of cooking/food-themed anime rising, this one's long overdue for a remake. I remember loving it so much as a kid because the food looked so delicious. It would be awesome if it was remade in today's animation so the great food could be showcased even more.

For that matter, Yakitate!Japan. The bread would look much more delicious if it was given today's animation.

I'm probably forgetting some things but this is just off the top of my head.

I am forever your most devoted believer.

Feb 9, 2020 8:57 PM

Oct 2018
Love Hina
Bleach
Ah My Goddess
Ouran
Shaman King
Ranma 1/2
Feb 9, 2020 9:04 PM

Nov 2018
Slam Dunk

The series was never fully adapted for some reason, and I think Production IG have the best chance of successfully re-adapting the entire series, seeing how they've done quite a few sports shows and that they're re-adapting LotGH.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Feb 9, 2020 10:15 PM

Sep 2010
PeaceMaker Kurogane the first season animated the prequel manga completely the two part movies series that came out last year skipped like 5 volumes of content and abridged volumes from what I remember reading. So I hope they keep the same studio just animate from the start of PMK up to the current chapter 90 something. Its a monthly manga so it would easily be two 25 episode seasons.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 9, 2020 10:17 PM

Jul 2019
I think Clannad, After Story, and Kanon deserve a remake because before I watched those, the art and characters turned me off but the story was good. I don't mind the characters now because I've gotten used to them but if it gets a remake, I would definitely rewatch.
Feb 9, 2020 10:19 PM

Jul 2019
Myherodeku said:
Please give Tokyo Ghoul a proper and thorough adaptation. The manga is still one of my favorites and the first 2 seasons were't bad, but come on, the last 2 seasons "adapting" re were a joke. Give it to another studio and let them do it justice.

They hella did Tokyo Ghoul dirty with the "re."
Feb 10, 2020 12:37 AM

Jun 2012
Gantz. Zero chance of it happening though.
Shoot first, think never.
Feb 10, 2020 12:48 AM
Sep 2018
NamikazeHime said:
Kingdom - that CGI mess we got is a slap in the face for everyone who actually read the manga.

I absolutely agree with you. Let's see what will happen in next season coming right around the corner.
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Feb 10, 2020 12:57 AM

Jul 2007
Umineko no Naku Koro ni deserves a faithful adaption.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Feb 10, 2020 12:57 AM

Apr 2013
Rosario to Vampire - Seems like they really fucked that adaption up, especially when it comes to the personality of the protagonist. Also need more of best girl Kurumu.
Feb 10, 2020 2:38 AM

Jul 2014
Soul Eater. While 2008 adaptation was generally an absolute blast, its ending was pitiful.
Take care of yourself

Feb 10, 2020 3:17 AM

Oct 2019
like most people say: Tokyo Ghoul
but I also think Akame ga Kill needs a remake to fit the manga ending. I haven't read it yet, but from what I have heard, it is much better than the anime ending.

--

👏 hyped for 2022 lockdown 👏
👏 all good things come in threes 👏

- - ✽ - -
Feb 10, 2020 3:26 AM

Nov 2019

Oh god, yes!

A remake with less senseless violence and a proper ending.
Feb 10, 2020 3:30 AM
Jan 2020
Berserk
Tokyo Ghoul
Bleach

Surprising no one talked about Bleach.
Feb 10, 2020 4:26 AM
Apr 2017
berserk
ouran
maid sama
claymore
school rumble
prison school
baccano
detective conan
Feb 10, 2020 4:39 AM

Mar 2019
Fullmetal alchemists brotherhood is THE BEST anime of all time and over animes not deserve trearment
Feb 10, 2020 10:11 AM

Aug 2018
guych said:
I think Clannad, After Story, and Kanon deserve a remake because before I watched those, the art and characters turned me off but the story was good. I don't mind the characters now because I've gotten used to them but if it gets a remake, I would definitely rewatch.
I've been waiting for someone to mention clannad, the series is really good and all but the art, eapecially the character design was such a turn off for me, that I avoided it for the longest time, I don't think it's enough to grant it a remake cause it still does everything else well but I'd still watch a better looking clannad

I mean, theres a reason why I still see people calling this the clannad eyes, especially now with Dr stone's designs
Feb 10, 2020 10:18 AM

Apr 2016
I'd say:
- Berserk
- Ashita no Joe
- Slam Dunk
Feb 10, 2020 11:18 AM

Oct 2017
Katekyo hitman reborn, I want the last 2 arcs animated.

Feb 10, 2020 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
berserk and kingdom getting the brotherhood treatment would literally cure my depression
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 4 hours ago

18 by deg »»
2 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

62 by Pinoffin »»
9 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 13 minutes ago

0 by Rinrinka »»
13 minutes ago

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 2 hours ago

4 by LightWorker »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - Yesterday

43 by TRC_Randy »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.