Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Somari and the Guardian of the Forest
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 23, 2020 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just love the world building in this anime. It's almost like being in a fantasy game.

Looks like we got more exploring the town and Golem going shopping for some important objects. The characters Somali meets gets stranger than ever. One of them even sings a strange tune. The visual quality still looks very impressive imo with the key shots of the creative towns and the dense colorful forests.

Jan 23, 2020 9:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Somali made a friend, it was cute, I'm looking forward for the next episode, I love that part in the manga and I like how they're adapting it so far, the colors are great !
Jan 23, 2020 9:56 AM

Apr 2016
Golem dad as a waiter, and somali getting lost .. again. And we already have a leaked preview of the next week episode.

Jan 23, 2020 10:21 AM

Sep 2018
Dang that's one cliffhanger, can't wait for next episode!!

I agree that the worldbuilding is absolutely phenomenal, paired with gorgeous visuals it's a combination that can't go wrong. I also enjoyed seeing Somali interact with another child.
Jan 23, 2020 10:27 AM
May 2017
More awesome worldbuilding in of this gorgeous fantasy world and Somali is adorable. I hope Golem arrives before that wolf manages to do anything.
Jan 23, 2020 10:29 AM

Jan 2015
Wow, such a good episode.

It was really sad when Somali realized that when the journey would be over his dad would abandon him.

And omg, the underground vegetation was mesmerizing.
I’m enjoying this one so much
Jan 23, 2020 10:31 AM

Aug 2012
Oh no, did the wolf also smelled a human and thinks it's Somali?
Jan 23, 2020 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
Somali's too good, too pure for this world.
This one will be a tear jerker for sure.
Jan 23, 2020 10:52 AM

Dec 2014
this anime is really out there...I am just baffled as I see it more and more...hmm
Jan 23, 2020 10:56 AM

Jun 2019
I'm loving this show. It's my half hour of peaceful enjoyment & relaxation where I watch the Golem acting as a surrogate dad, & the adorable human child he found & disguised as a minotaur because reasons (war, human aggression & slaughter, sounds like the other races were justified in their actions tbh).

Shows like this are good for the soul imo. Pure innocent sweet interaction, no sexual undertones or clumsy fan service.

One of the aspects I'm most taken with, is the intricate fantasy world we're being shown around.
Jan 23, 2020 11:00 AM

Jan 2014
Legit cried when Somali was sad/crying.
Jan 23, 2020 11:09 AM
Apr 2019
I am loving this anime, but someone could answer me because it is very different from manga, since I am also reading it and there are many differences in terms of history.
FerParaguay90Jan 23, 2020 11:38 AM
Jan 23, 2020 11:19 AM

Aug 2013
Somali is so pure and precious. Golem needs to protect her.

When Somali realised that their journey would come to an end, that was just sad.

Jan 23, 2020 11:46 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Using the aroma of the sweets to suppress one's appetite huh a novel idea. If anything the harshness of the terrain will only serve to make the races more determined to establish roots among its surface. The town though has quite the interesting terrain layout. Somali's interception Kikila though was amusing. Though its nice that she gets to interact with someone her age. While his desire to gather funds is a necessary step it sure created distance between Somali and Golem. The world beneath the town though sure was pretty and somewhat dangerous as well. Looks like the hunter that Somali met earlier will have a much larger role than expected and bringing forth the first instance of a threat to Somali.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2020 12:41 PM

Oct 2018
Such a great episode, I'm pretty sure I will end up rating this anime 10, I like it so much so far

Can't wait wait the next episode. I'm curious of that wolf guy has peaceful intentions. But I highly doubt it
Jan 23, 2020 1:26 PM

Nov 2018
This show has such a simple and straightforward yet unique way of reaching deep to one's heart. All the characters are compelling and the story is touching as hell. Love the show so far.
Jan 23, 2020 1:36 PM

Feb 2019
Please Lord, I can't take a sad ending. Please no. Somali crying at the thought of her dad leaving :(... and it's even sadder that she doesn't know about the urgency of the situation with her dad... I'm glad she's made a friend her age, but man I know where this is going :/
Jan 23, 2020 1:38 PM

Sep 2015
Moho moho moho moho mho!
Again, I am in love with the Golem and the way he speaks. His wording choices are so funny.
Jan 23, 2020 1:38 PM

Sep 2017
I took like 30 screenshots during this episode, the backgrounds are so beautiful
Jan 23, 2020 1:56 PM

Aug 2018
The dishes served in that restaurant really looked delicious !

Funny tiny fact : the opening door sound is exactly the same as the one you hear in Dota 2, when going to the Secret shop.
Jan 23, 2020 2:08 PM
Feb 2018
The ending made me want to read the manga. That's when you know it's a good series. At least for yourself.
Jan 23, 2020 2:08 PM
Dec 2019
Omg!
This is the first season i watch airing anime, and I have to say that I really like this one.

At first I was afraid it was going to be a bit slow, but so far only enjoyment has come from this series. I have high hopes for the rest of the season and I'm hyped.

Sidenote: I know i am probably going to end up crying at some point in this series.
Flowrr_Jan 23, 2020 2:24 PM
Jan 23, 2020 2:10 PM

Sep 2017
If someone is interested, I made an imgur gallery with some screenshots from the first 3 episodes
https://imgur.com/a/d8FjvVZ

(sorry about the website mark though)
Jan 23, 2020 2:11 PM
Jun 2016
Uh oh the big bad wolf might be onto Somali. Even the tension in this anime is relaxing though.
Jan 23, 2020 2:45 PM

Apr 2015
This world building man, it's great! I am really intrigued with every place Golem and Somali travel to. A city that is like an Ant labyrinth, really interesting and the cave under the city was outright gorgeous. The species they meet are really interesting, I especially love the wide variation of the designs.

Golem as a waiter looked pretty nice, loved how he even mentioned all the details of the meals he was serving. That eye of his is very observant. Slightly curious what exactly he can see with his eye!

Somali and Kikila have gotten themselves in trouble! Can't wait for next week!

Themousen said:
If someone is interested, I made an imgur gallery with some screenshots from the first 3 episodes

Even after all the episodes so far, these shots just leave me in awe with every time that I look at them.. They are amazing! If you update this weekly, it would be an amazing set to scroll through with every episode coming out!
CeddyyBearrJan 23, 2020 2:50 PM
Jan 23, 2020 3:44 PM

Oct 2019
Somali is so freaking precious, I actually started crying when she did. And the way she described her dad uwu

I wonder if the wolf guy knows she's a human or something
Jan 23, 2020 5:18 PM

Sep 2017
CeddyyBearr said:
This world building man, it's great! I am really intrigued with every place Golem and Somali travel to. A city that is like an Ant labyrinth, really interesting and the cave under the city was outright gorgeous. The species they meet are really interesting, I especially love the wide variation of the designs.

Golem as a waiter looked pretty nice, loved how he even mentioned all the details of the meals he was serving. That eye of his is very observant. Slightly curious what exactly he can see with his eye!

Somali and Kikila have gotten themselves in trouble! Can't wait for next week!

Themousen said:

Even after all the episodes so far, these shots just leave me in awe with every time that I look at them.. They are amazing! If you update this weekly, it would be an amazing set to scroll through with every episode coming out!

I certainly will, at at least I'll do my best to update the list weekly after each new episode !
Jan 23, 2020 5:33 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
The Golem was looking pretty handsome in that waiter outfit and it seems that we have to wait until next week for the Golem to come to Somali's rescue again. Damn that cliffhanger.
Jan 23, 2020 8:25 PM

Jul 2016
Can I consider the Golem wearing a waiter outfit to be fanservice? Because he looks pretty nice, not gonna lie.

Overall, another good episode. As many others, I'm really enjoying the world-building and general atmosphere of the series but I only wish Somali wasn't so adventurous. It's not good for my heart when you know she can be eaten at any moment.
Jan 23, 2020 10:49 PM

Jun 2012
Ahhhhh...... Seriously, bittersweet moments are always the one to make me tear up. Along with that melancholic tune, everything just fits perfect.

I love the fact that Somali's first friend is caring enough, but it's really a big deal that he doesn't know at all Somali's constitution so it's kinda really a bad idea that the golem left her to him. Hopefully, nothing goes wrong.
Jan 24, 2020 12:00 AM

May 2019
Probably my favourite episode so far. I love Somali's hesitance as she misreads the situation, and her love for her dad. She's a solid character.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 24, 2020 3:17 AM
May 2013
Somali is annoying and has little regard for her own life. I don't really understand how she is fluent in the language when she was found abandoned and called the first person she saw her dad. Are we ever going to learn more about that?
Jan 24, 2020 4:30 AM
Jan 2017
I feel so sad when watching this anime.
PepeHands
Jan 24, 2020 6:33 AM

Feb 2014
The background art for this show is already beautiful, but the scenery underground was just stunning. That, along with the peaceful OST, made it so soothing and relaxing. =)

Somali has finally made her first friend, Kikila. They do have fun while Golem works at the restaurant in order to have enough funds to purchase the equipment needed to cross the desert safely. I must say, Golem's waiter outfit suits him perfectly.

However, Somali starts to think about what would happen when her journey ends with Golem and this makes her really upset. The way that she broke down in front of Kikila and she told him about her worries made me misty eyed. =(

The kids might be having fun underground, but thanks to the Wolf guy, Somali was lucky not to get hurt by the massive plant. I'm almost expecting Golem to go and find her now that the sun is already setting. I just hope Somali and Kikila won't be in any more danger next week.........wishful thinking, I know.
Jan 24, 2020 6:57 AM
May 2016
Poor Somali, wonder how much sadder she'll be when she discovers the real reason the Golem is doing what he's doing. I hope, like some have predicted, this doesn't turn into 'Somali wanders away and needs rescuing' every week. Last week's episode gave me hope it wasn't but now we're right back to it.
Jan 24, 2020 7:30 AM
Aug 2017
This show is so beautiful however it low key gives me anxiety when Somali goes off on her own.
Jan 24, 2020 9:41 AM

Feb 2019
This show knows exactly how to trigger my anxiety. The wolf prolly knows that Somali is a human, because it can smell her. Oh my God, he's planning to do something to her.
Jan 24, 2020 11:50 AM

Aug 2014
Damn man this is too early for the waterworks, I need more of that kawaii shit first.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 24, 2020 1:06 PM

Mar 2015
This show is so wholesome but also so depressing to watch.. Somali's already thinking about when the journey ends and her prediction seems to also be quite precise
Jan 25, 2020 2:03 AM

Dec 2018
Somali got a new friend!! Thats cute and the Golem did some more work to pay the bills!! But I really dont trust that wolf!!!

Jan 25, 2020 2:08 AM

Jul 2016
MenchiK1 said:
Poor Somali, wonder how much sadder she'll be when she discovers the real reason the Golem is doing what he's doing. I hope, like some have predicted, this doesn't turn into 'Somali wanders away and needs rescuing' every week. Last week's episode gave me hope it wasn't but now we're right back to it.

That´s true.It seems like runs away at every chance she gets even after she promised not to by holding the golem´s hand.I guess little kids can´t keep promises for long lol.
Jan 25, 2020 2:25 AM
Jan 2020
hopefully there will be some kind of turn around, that the golem will be alive again and have the same kind of mindset as our golem
Jan 25, 2020 6:57 AM
Mar 2019
DANG THIS'LL GONNA BE A SAD ENDING. IM PREPARED, BUT IM NOT SAYING I WILL NOT CRY. THE NEXT DECADE'S ANOHANA IS ON THE WAY.
I love K-On, and so should you.

Jan 25, 2020 7:04 AM

Dec 2013
I hope I never get to see Somali crying again, that bit broke my heart a little.
Jan 25, 2020 10:45 AM

Jan 2020
This anime is so damn comfy.
Doug Walker was born in Naples, Italy; and because his father was in the Navy, lived in many different places across the United States when he was growing up. He went on to study film at Northern Illinois University, majoring in communications.

After college, he worked as an illustrator and started making YouTube videos for fun. He first grabbed viewers' attention with clever 5 second movie versions of popular films, and gained more notoriety with his snarky "Nostalgia Critic" reviews.
Jan 25, 2020 5:45 PM

Oct 2008
oh no! Somali is in a pinch!
that underground paradise was neat but at the same time beautifully dangerous!
that aizen voice fox dude? friend or foe?
5/5.

Jan 26, 2020 2:37 AM

Aug 2015
I love this anime, it's too beautiful to look at, so colorful (the colors are very pleasing to the eyes), the soundtrack is very good, Somali's voice is too adorable (well, it's Minase Inori, so yeah), but...
GODDAMN DOES IT GIVE ME ANXIETY ALL THE TIME. Can't even relax for a bit during every episode, I'm always, always afraid that Somali's hoodie's gonna fall off and the others will see that she's human, I'm always expecting that she's gonna do something dumb (because that's what kids do) and be in danger, AAAAAARGH

Doubt the wolf guy is bad and I think he actually protected Somali, but who knows, maybe the author is subverting the subversion of expectations, so we think that he's good because the author wants us to think he's bad, just for him to end up being bad, idk. But I doubt it.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Jan 26, 2020 2:54 AM
Jul 2018
It was a very cute episode as usual ^-^

Somali is so sweet! and she made a new friend, good for her >.< Aww can't wait to see the next episode!
Jan 26, 2020 5:59 AM

Jul 2014
A lot of great humour with Somali's cuteness, but also a strong serious side as well. Of course she'd notice Golem's urgency and begin to figure out what that means, even if she doesn't fully understand just yet. It's going to be painful when she does learn the truth, thoug,h that much is already clear.
Jan 26, 2020 12:46 PM
Mar 2015
Somai is very attached to her dad Hence the wish She is being hunted
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

67 by Anarcxh »»
Mar 2, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

145 by ShitList »»
Jan 26, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

68 by phantom346 »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2020

115 by Muow »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:38 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

kuuderes_shadow - Oct 25, 2019

205 by Muow »»
Dec 26, 2023 6:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.