Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 13, 2019 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh shit, they even got places designed for carnivores in their society and the adult culture.

Legosi being trapped with those chains is kinda symbolic like an animal itself being trapped. A good deal amount of psychology came from this episode imo. I just love the character personalities in this anime ranging from main characters from Legosi and those he interacts with.
Nov 13, 2019 10:42 AM
Feb 2015
Some people: This show is just a generic high school anime, I'm kinda starting to get bored
This episode: Hold my fingers
Nov 13, 2019 2:30 PM

Mar 2017
Wow, what an episode. So we get to see the world of Beastars outside of school. First evening out, Legoshi is confronted with "Uraichi" - a marketplace where they actually sell meat.
Really thrilling how they depict Legoshi's inner struggle and how all his comrades are ganging up against his decision to "take a bite" off ojisan's fingers ...

Doctor panda is quite a buff person, getting stronger to survive in Uraichi. Must also be traumatizing for Legoshi to see all the images of carnivores after losing control. Glad Aoba eventually stuck together with Legoshi - must be a relief after such a hard day.

___

Some notes on manga:
Unlike last week, they have adapted five chapters this week, and skipped the Legom part of world building xD We have missed quite a bit of detail,

But hey - the anime still managed to properly capture everything and utilizes its strengths of animation and audio.
xStrayWolfxNov 13, 2019 2:34 PM
They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But in spite of that, why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me. It says 'Search for Paradise!' "
*Wolf's Rain, Episode 30; Kiba*
Nov 13, 2019 5:07 PM
Jul 2016
xStrayWolfx said:
Wow, what an episode. So we get to see the world of Beastars outside of school. First evening out, Legoshi is confronted with "Uraichi" - a marketplace where they actually sell meat.
Really thrilling how they depict Legoshi's inner struggle and how all his comrades are ganging up against his decision to "take a bite" off ojisan's fingers ...

Doctor panda is quite a buff person, getting stronger to survive in Uraichi. Must also be traumatizing for Legoshi to see all the images of carnivores after losing control. Glad Aoba eventually stuck together with Legoshi - must be a relief after such a hard day.

___

Some notes on manga:
Unlike last week, they have adapted five chapters this week, and skipped the Legom part of world building xD We have missed quite a bit of detail,

But hey - the anime still managed to properly capture everything and utilizes its strengths of animation and audio.

Yeah, I guess they can't just cramped all of them in 1 episode. They did a good job in getting to the point of the story tho, that's what relieved me.
Nov 13, 2019 5:46 PM

Nov 2014
I was really looking to one of my favorite panel of Gouhin the Panda getting adapted... But they didn't add this in

they also cut out Legosi not knowing how to use a ticket gate

And Juno's conversation with the drama art group guys about legosi

Another thing they didn't mention in this episode is that the shortest route to the school is directly through the Black Market, which is why Legosi ran into the Black Market. thought some of you might be confused so i ought to explain this

and... they didn't add in Gouhin's little thought to himself, which is perfectly fine. it's not important, but it is funny lol

wild panda XDD
ttcchenNov 13, 2019 5:50 PM
Nov 13, 2019 8:08 PM

Oct 2015
The black market was something else!

I kinda felt sorry for the jiji that was selling its fingers rather than crept out. I'm glad Legosi was able to confront Bill and Aoba about, even he himself is struggling with them urges. At least he was able to reach Aoba, who was sincere about the whole ordeal.

Speaking of Legosi, the guy is caught between desire and love. I wonder how will he cope with it, and will he fap to that disc? :-D
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 13, 2019 8:32 PM

Feb 2014
Damn that thin line between herbivores and carnivores in the city was nerve-wracking. As a vegetarian myself, thinking how that poor old man was selling his fingers for taste was really sad and disgusting. I'm not saying that we should avoid meat, but respect for where it comes from. Truly emotional episode.

Btw that Panda with Akio Ootsuka as VA was really wild with him lending that book to Legosi. Talk about fetishes XD.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 13, 2019 8:46 PM

Nov 2010
It's a cruel world for carnivores.
---
Legoshi would become happy if he can fall in love with Juno, the bullied wolf girl, instead of the bunny. But, to make the story interesting, three of them would make a love triangle.
Nov 13, 2019 10:36 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Many new things appeared in this episode, and the best part of them is how good they are introduced. The studio only focused to Legosi's thought about them all, and it's really enjoyable. An unusual thought always interesting at all.
Nov 14, 2019 2:44 AM

May 2019
I was really impressed with the character development and the psychology of this episode. It was beautifully well crafted from both a view pertaining to narratology and the fact that this is one hell of a story. Excited asf for the next one

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Nov 14, 2019 3:54 AM
Jul 2016
ttcchen said:
I was really looking to one of my favorite panel of Gouhin the Panda getting adapted... But they didn't add this in

Another thing they didn't mention in this episode is that the shortest route to the school is directly through the Black Market, which is why Legosi ran into the Black Market. thought some of you might be confused so i ought to explain this

and... they didn't add in Gouhin's little thought to himself, which is perfectly fine. it's not important, but it is funny lol

wild panda XDD

Idk why but i feel the conversation between Kibi, Juno, and Dom is quite necessary to be put in
Nov 14, 2019 5:03 AM

Nov 2014
kuroneko99 said:
It's a cruel world for carnivores.
---
Legoshi would become happy if he can fall in love with Juno, the bullied wolf girl, instead of the bunny. But, to make the story interesting, three of them would make a love triangle.
not three, four XD
Nov 14, 2019 5:17 AM
Jun 2017
"confusing DESIRE with feeling of love"

love that mentioned quote from todays episode and its so real... desire is not equal to love, as for me desire is what your mind wants to have with while love is a FEELING

And legosi is trying to prevent his own self from eating some other animals amidst teh fact that he is a carnivore. well lets see what will happen in the next episode.
Nov 14, 2019 6:24 AM

Nov 2013
Beastars sure keeps on being surprising.

Jet44 said:

Idk why but i feel the conversation between Kibi, Juno, and Dom is quite necessary to be put in
I feel like it might be included in the next episode.
You all need to watch Nami.

Nov 14, 2019 8:50 AM

Jun 2015
i expected a longer introduction to the back alley market... like a few camera zooms at the meat and the sound of carnivores buying meat getting progressively louder for a few seconds, idk seeing the production of the anime so far that was how i imagined it was gonna be like. i felt it too sudden and quick and therefore not as impactful.

but they did justice to the scene of the old man selling his fingers, it was just as dark and tragic.

but most importantly: they cut off legom's mini-story 0/10 episode /s

I AM THE ONE CALLED POWER!
ANIME LIST  🩸 MANGA LIST  🩸 CARDS  🩸 CHALLENGES 
How foolish and conceited these humans be... 

Nov 14, 2019 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
Where can I watch the 6th episode ?
Nov 14, 2019 12:45 PM

Apr 2019
That world is immersive AF, using animal instincts everybody and his dog (pun intended) is familiar with is a genius narrative technique. The series keeps growing on me, it may leave 8/10 territory towards the north if it keeps going at the current pace. Definitely the anime of the season, and contender for AotY.

Nov 14, 2019 2:30 PM
May 2014
The show keeps getting better! I have read some of the other comments and can I just say that I appreciate the ones who put in the little extra effort to some important scenes cut out from the manga, especially that the Black Market was linked to the school. I'm wondering how Louis knew about the whole thing - has to be connections or some shit. The one scene that creeped me out the most was certainly the one where the old man was selling his fingers like wtf.
Nov 14, 2019 5:45 PM
Jul 2016
lihle808 said:
The black market was something else!

I kinda felt sorry for the jiji that was selling its fingers rather than crept out. I'm glad Legosi was able to confront Bill and Aoba about, even he himself is struggling with them urges. At least he was able to reach Aoba, who was sincere about the whole ordeal.

Speaking of Legosi, the guy is caught between desire and love. I wonder how will he cope with it, and will he fap to that disc? :-D

I love how Tao is just a follower xD
Nov 14, 2019 8:06 PM
Mar 2015
Great episode It is really hard to be a carnivore in this world
Nov 14, 2019 9:26 PM

Oct 2019
I really enjoyed this episode. I can't explain it, but I found this episode to be a lot more emotional than it was in the manga. I'm not joking when I say this, but I almost cried near the end of the episode. Poor Legosi.

I find Juno so adorable! Poor little thing getting bullied!
GabuGooNov 14, 2019 9:30 PM
Nov 14, 2019 9:44 PM

Apr 2015
catgirlrambles said:

Guess what's coming next episode ?

:3
Nov 14, 2019 11:31 PM
Dec 2012
I believe the biggest question on everyone's mind (who hasn't read the manga): DID HE GET A WANK TO THE MAGAZINE?!?!
Nov 15, 2019 1:02 AM

Mar 2017
mar1217 said:
catgirlrambles said:

Guess what's coming next episode ?

:3

I see where you got that :)
They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But in spite of that, why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me. It says 'Search for Paradise!' "
*Wolf's Rain, Episode 30; Kiba*
Nov 15, 2019 6:04 AM
Apr 2015
RamenSSB said:
I really enjoyed this episode. I can't explain it, but I found this episode to be a lot more emotional than it was in the manga. I'm not joking when I say this, but I almost cried near the end of the episode. Poor Legosi.

I find Juno so adorable! Poor little thing getting bullied!

Orange doing great job
You should trust them
Nov 15, 2019 6:23 AM

May 2011
ttcchen said:

wild panda XDD

Thanks for sharing this! Great for someone like me who rarely reads manga.
Nov 15, 2019 6:23 AM

Nov 2017
FINALLY a panda in Beastars. Quite the tense episode this was
Nov 15, 2019 9:26 AM

Jan 2017
Oh yes, now we are getting to the part when the shit hit the fan. I really hope that they will go all-out in the next 2-3 episodes!
Nov 15, 2019 9:48 AM

Mar 2016
Gouhin had probably one of the best pieces of advice ever. I do hope we dive more into the whole underlying tension with the whole co-existence and interesting morality perspectives in this setting, cause it was rather limited at first with everything going on initially within the campus.
Nov 15, 2019 1:50 PM
Mar 2019
Damn,What a chad.......
Nov 15, 2019 8:46 PM

Nov 2011
God Damn! The back market scene was so good. Just the visuals made this so much better. Wow Gouhin's VA is SPOT ON! Perfect!

Great episode as always.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 15, 2019 9:03 PM
May 2016
The world-building and psychology of this series is getting better and better with each episode, fucking hell. Definitely shaping up to be the best show this season, and we're only halfway there. The ending scene between Aoba and Legosi was honestly really damn sweet.

Still wondering who the lads who keep ranking these eps 1 and 2 are, funny how we never see any harsh criticism or posts to justify these sorts of scores.
Nov 15, 2019 9:50 PM

Sep 2017
What a great episode. So much world building. We really delved into the world of carnivores. I love how much thought the author put into creating this world. It really feels lived in.

Legoshi's romantic feelings get seriously tested. At this point it probably is just instinct to eat being disguised as love. How convenient that a much more suitable grey wolf partner just happens to enter the story.
Nov 15, 2019 11:04 PM
Aug 2019
catgirlrambles said:
i expected a longer introduction to the back alley market... like a few camera zooms at the meat and the sound of carnivores buying meat getting progressively louder for a few seconds, idk seeing the production of the anime so far that was how i imagined it was gonna be like. i felt it too sudden and quick and therefore not as impactful.

but they did justice to the scene of the old man selling his fingers, it was just as dark and tragic.

do not fear just check the preview shots for episode 7 on the beastars website and you will see best chicken in it.
Nov 16, 2019 1:43 AM

Jun 2013
Papapanda pa panda! One of my favorites: Gouhin is here! I love his voice actor, suits him well.

They didn't show Legosi wanting to throw away the magazine but failing to do so before meeting Aoba again.

I am excited for next week's episode, I've been rereading the manga again together with Vinland Saga as I watch these adaptations.
臭い-
Nov 16, 2019 1:15 PM

Dec 2014
It is so good following legosi like that... hmmm
Nov 16, 2019 1:40 PM

Dec 2016
This episode was very intense >_< I wonder how Legoshi will deal from now on after the enconter with the panda...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 16, 2019 10:59 PM
Nov 16, 2019 11:26 PM

Jun 2013
ttcchen said:
Bibimbapski said:
Papapanda pa panda! One of my favorites: Gouhin is here! I love his voice actor, suits him well.

He actually shares the same voice actor as Dimples from Mob Psycho 100 lol

Really? That's awesome, I didn't notice lol I'm not very good at recognizing voice actors, especially if they're super versatile with their voice ranges, aside from a couple like Tomokazu Sugita, Ishida Akira and few others. I like him even more now!
臭い-
Nov 17, 2019 6:03 AM

May 2018
Speaking of murder. Will they ever get back to that case of murdering a sheep boy from 1st episode? Or has it just been forgotten for good?
I mean, there's still a murderer somewhere at school and logically there can be more murders to just leave it be
Nemo_NiemandNov 17, 2019 6:08 AM

Nov 17, 2019 6:54 AM
Apr 2019
That animated saliva though XD
Nov 17, 2019 7:34 AM

Oct 2008
This furry show keeps on being consistently good, hope they keep-up on that pace!
5/5.
so the Panda strong doctor is saying that it is just Legosi's primal instincts and not romance...now Legosi is in denial!

Nov 17, 2019 8:34 AM

May 2018
Yes, that was a great episode. Legosi trying to fight his bad side was good to see, not only that seeing him cry was emotional. Starting to understand the characters here more and more. Loved the panda lol.

Nov 17, 2019 11:02 AM

Jul 2014
I'm really glad I picked this show up, as this was another excellent and compelling episode. Seeing them go out into the city made me wonder how omnivores work in this world, and I appreciate that Gouhin's presence helped to answer that question while also giving Legosi a helping hand in dealing with his own troubles.
Nov 17, 2019 12:01 PM
Oct 2019
Nemo_Niemand said:
Speaking of murder. Will they ever get back to that case of murdering a sheep boy from 1st episode? Or has it just been forgotten for good?
I mean, there's still a murderer somewhere at school and logically there can be more murders to just leave it be

Depending on the number of eps the killer might not be covered. But there is a clue about their identity thrown in this ep (pay attention to the outline in ep 1).
Nov 17, 2019 1:34 PM

May 2018
goldy-pond said:
Nemo_Niemand said:

Depending on the number of eps the killer might not be covered. But there is a clue about their identity thrown in this ep (pay attention to the outline in ep 1).

Well, good news. Just checked some spoilers and seems that the next arc is going to be about this murder investigation. Also it's a relief that culprit is not from the actual staff but new to be introduced

Nov 17, 2019 4:12 PM

Sep 2011
This episode was heavy, I wasn't expecting that random guy to just offer his remaining fingers for sale like that. But a place like that black market existing makes sense, and I do appreciate getting to understand better the world they live in. And I'm really glad Legoshi wasn't alone in not wanting to take part of that, that Aoba also couldn't do it despite what he said. I also liked Juno, and the psychotherapist panda. They are really interesting additions, especially Juno since Haru was pretty much the only important female character so far. And talking about her, here's hoping what Legoshi feels towards her isn't a desire to, well, eat her.
Nov 17, 2019 7:05 PM

Mar 2019
LeSponge said:
"confusing DESIRE with feeling of love"

love that mentioned quote from todays episode and its so real... desire is not equal to love, as for me desire is what your mind wants to have with while love is a FEELING

And legosi is trying to prevent his own self from eating some other animals amidst teh fact that he is a carnivore. well lets see what will happen in the next episode.

I like your analysis of the bold part, it made me understand what was that Panda is trying to tell Leogshi.

It's already foreshadowed in the OP, the Desire-Love juxtaposed theme.

Desire, where the OP's video setting in the night, Legoshi is trying to reach to Haru.
Love, where the OP's video setting is in the morning, Legoshi is having fun and dancing with Haru.
Which one will wind, Desire or Love ?
Unfortunately, the OP already gave us the answer.

The climax of the OP, shifted again to the night, Legoshi ate Haru, while being frustrated. Which means, he wasn't full aware, as his mind took the control, hence, Desire has won ! In Legoshi's current mental state, Desire > Love. But will he be able to turn over this? I'm so excited to know what will happen next.

But yeah, this episode is so emotional and highlighted a lot of notes about this show, I'm really sure right now, that this show wants to convey a lot of important messages in an indirect way.
Nov 17, 2019 7:28 PM

Jul 2016
The relief Legoshi should have felt when he saw that Aoba was waiting for him. I personally found that sequence to be rather sweet and a perfect way to conclude this heavy episode.

I may be repeating myself but man, the world-building in this series is so fascinating I want to know more and more with every passing episode. The concept of the Black Market was quite interesting and the introduction of both Gouhin and Juno was of my liking as well. She seems to be a lovely girl and Gouhin, as a character, is quite intriguing so I hope I can see more of him from now on.
Nov 17, 2019 8:37 PM

Jul 2014
Finally an episode where we get to see the world outside of school, and it does not disappoint. The setting is easily the most fascinating aspect of this story, and the show wastes no time to introduce us to the dark underbelly of society in the 2nd half of the episode.

I really like how the story doesnt let Legosi off easily and challenges his attraction towards Haru. His feelings towards her arent special, and he isnt the first carnivore to conflate those feelings he has towards a herbivore as love.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2019

112 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 10, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Beastars Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

178 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 10, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Beastars Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

199 by chittripper1 »»
Feb 18, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Beastars Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2019

114 by Kvistis »»
Jan 11, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Beastars Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2019

115 by Kvistis »»
Jan 10, 11:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.