Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 8, 2019 8:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man, Shinra is hotheaded as ever.

Arthur is also still fighting the good fight. The episode was actually quite thrilling in the second half imo. Lisa Isaribi ain't messing around. Damn.
Nov 8, 2019 10:29 AM

Nov 2016
Lol, Arthur really felt his outfit.

And wow, this episode was extremely painful to watch. Just feel so sorry for Vulcan ;_;

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 8, 2019 10:29 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Given what happened to his father its a a given that Vulcan would want to create something that's both everlasting and strong. And bonds between family can be said to be the most effective expression of it. To think that the doctor was actually working with the white clads. I guess being a fire knight Arthur needs items that give that impression huh. Now which knight goes riding a donkey lol. Still while the image lasted Arthur was quite impressive. The doctor's little tantrum sure was pretty amusing despite the circumstances. Overall an excellent ep that combined some solid if brief action with some interesting revelations and expansion on Giovanni, Vulcan and Lisa's part. Curious to see what happens next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2019 10:32 AM
Oct 2019
- Knight King Arthur strong af when he dressed up for the role
- Giovanni raged too hard at the end there lol
Nov 8, 2019 10:34 AM
Sep 2015
The interesting thing is that we now know Arthur power can enhanced with knight theme, so we can predict that, in the future, probably far future that anime won't likely to cover, there will be an arc that is somehow has Knights of the Round Table theme, and Arthur will shine just like King Arthur.
Nov 8, 2019 10:52 AM

Nov 2011
What the hell was Shinra thinking in that tree though? lol.
Like it was obvious Giovanni was a traitor...but it seemed too obvious that I didn't want to believe it. But here we are.

Wow Lisa being a Heel was surprising, what a bitch.

I hope they can save Yu T_T

Arthur was actually pretty funny this episode.

Vulcans will to protect Amatarasu must be super strong...however I feel like when he was saying at the end "It's breaking...It's broken..." I think he's going to spill the beans and tell Giovanni where the key is at. Especially with all the talk about things needing to be strong and not wanting to break. There was a lot of that going on in this episode. God I hope I am wrong.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 8, 2019 10:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good episode, Arthur with his donkey outfit was so funny
Nov 8, 2019 10:59 AM

Aug 2013
Arthur was pretty hilarious in this episode. Especially with that donkey lol.

Dr. Giovanni ended up being a traitor.

Nov 8, 2019 11:01 AM
Oct 2018
All the Lisa thing is quite heartbreaking even though since she wasn't really present much in the opening I had guessed something will happen whit/to her but I wasn't expecting that at all... I wonder how it will turn out. Lisa doesn't seems really happy whit what Giovanni did to Yu but in the mean time she didn't hesitate that much before hiring him and Vulcan even after all the years they spent together.
Btw all that give a other perspective to the little conversation they had while eating just before the opening

Edit: Actually I just noticed we does see her with the evangelists in the opening so it shouldn't have been that much of a surprise. Quite happy I didn't' noticed that at first to get the surprise tho.

phantomfandom said:
The interesting thing is that we now know Arthur power can enhanced with knight theme, so we can predict that, in the future, probably far future that anime won't likely to cover, there will be an arc that is somehow has Knights of the Round Table theme, and Arthur will shine just like King Arthur.
The fact the Evangelists looks kinda like some crusaders may help already...
DieuMivasNov 8, 2019 11:23 AM
Nov 8, 2019 12:15 PM

Jul 2014
Oh, so Lisa was indeed the redhead who was with the bad guys in the OP. Dammit Lisa! :'(

Arthur and his knightly outfit was hilarious... and interesting to know how his powers work.
SkyLETVNov 8, 2019 10:57 PM
Nov 8, 2019 12:26 PM
Jan 2016
Seems Giovani is with evangelists, and managed to defeat Shinra there, and seems he can't help for now!

Arthur was truly hilarious this episode, his outfit was really funny, seems he is more stronger when he feel like it with knight thing!

So Lisa is a evangelist that tricked Vulcan, what a bitch, i liked her! She can die, and even if she turn in Vulcan side, i would be glad if Vulcan reject that whore!

Giovanni was so boring repeating the same so much times, disgusting man!

I feel really bad for Vulcan, got deceived like that!

Looking forward next episode!
Nov 8, 2019 12:43 PM
Mar 2013
This is gettin dragged to long.
Nov 8, 2019 12:45 PM

Apr 2015
So Giovanni is working for the Evangelist. I feel sorry for Vulcan, he doesn't deserve this. I hope Yu will be alright and that hopefully Lisa will change her mind.

Funny thing, I honestly thought the episode was stuttering at the times Giovanni said the same thing over and over again. Since he seems to be made out of all kinds of parts, he should check out his system, definitely a fault there!
Nov 8, 2019 12:50 PM

Nov 2010
Waiting for Shinra to show up now
Nov 8, 2019 12:51 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was a great episode. They got comprehensively outmatched at every point too, it was hard to watch specially at the end. Giovanni hurting the kid and Vulcan...and of course Lisa turned out to be a plant. There's always something off when a girl that's too hot end up in your space...
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 8, 2019 12:57 PM
May 2019
So THAT'S why Lisa isn't on the part of the opening where it shows the "good guys", she's a snitch.
And finally, Shinra got superbly outmatched. Will he be captured? I was expecting him to appear, but every second I believe more and more that he has been captured and will see Sho. Also nice to know that Vulcan's family built Amaterasu. Giovanni look, on top of everything, jealous. They donbý seem guillible if they really kept this a secret from him, even tho he was family.
Edit: yep, based on the name of the next episode, it looks that we will see Kusakabe brothers' reunion.
Nov 8, 2019 1:30 PM
Mar 2017
I knew that Dr. Giovanni was hiding something, the bastard works with the evangelist's cult and will use the soldiers to assassinate Vulcan.

Arthur is very ridiculous most of the time on the screen and today was no exception, I laughed a lot to know that he needs something that looks like a sword to use his pyrokinesis and the funniest thing was how stupid he looked with that outfit that Vulcan made him, that donkey made me laugh for a while, but I admit that the sword that Vulcan made was excellent.

Wow ... so the Vulcan family is a descendant of the creators of Amaterasu and they have hidden the key to this place for generations, they rightly want Vulcan and Lisa's betrayal was unexpected and it broke my heart to hear that she belongs To the evangelist's cult, I hope she receives a hard beating, this traitorous bitch.
Giovanni is a bastard without a soul, he badly hurt Yuu and seeing him act like a stupid boy doing a tantrum gave me so much anger and seeing him destroy Vulcan's precious treasure made it worse.

Undoubtedly a very sad episode in my opinion, Vulcan's family crumbled, Yuu is seriously injured and Lisa is a traitorous bitch that licks the feet of the evangelists. Shinra and Arthur gave pity in this episode, his performance was mediocre especially Shinra who easily defeated him, Arthur held on a little longer until he saw that he looked ridiculous and his morals crumbled.
Nov 8, 2019 1:32 PM

May 2018
Poor Dr Giovanni looked a bit too much before he leapt xD
Nov 8, 2019 2:13 PM

Jan 2009
Arthur needs to be more delusional to be more stronger lol

damn the sexy hot Lisa is a villain
Nov 8, 2019 2:52 PM
Mar 2014
LMAO! this is the most hiralious episode yet.

Nice upgrade for the Block head Arthur knight.
Nov 8, 2019 3:19 PM

Feb 2011
Seems like the reception of the episode is mostly positive in here, however ot me it just seemed incredibly fucking stupid. From the not even close to believable revelation that Lisa has been working undercover HER ENTIRE LIFE for the bad guys to the way the villain of the episode started acting, just can't take these guys seriously at all. It's all just so dumb it feels like it's written for 10 years olds.
Nov 8, 2019 3:26 PM
Feb 2016
Hatsuyuki said:
Seems like the reception of the episode is mostly positive in here, however ot me it just seemed incredibly fucking stupid. From the not even close to believable revelation that Lisa has been working undercover HER ENTIRE LIFE for the bad guys to the way the villain of the episode started acting, just can't take these guys seriously at all. It's all just so dumb it feels like it's written for 10 years olds.

Tbf, even I'm finding this anime to be a bit dull. I have no idea how the polls still have it as positive tbh
Nov 8, 2019 3:32 PM

Jan 2016
Hatsuyuki said:

Hum in the flashback when Vulcan meets Lisa he seems to looks already in his mid teen.
So She's been undercover for like 2-3 years.
Nov 8, 2019 3:58 PM

Nov 2017
lmao i love Arthur so much. Lisa's Betrayal felt pretty bad, i liked her a lot. Although there's still a possibility she might change for her "family".
Quite the cliffhanger, but i'm sure this captain won't be living for very long.

He has looked and looked and looked and looked and looked and looked and looked and looked and looked and looked for that key.
He should have leapt and leapt and leapt and leapt and leapt and leapt and leapt and leapt and leapt and leapt to make him talk.

Lmao wtf was that out of nowhere
Nov 8, 2019 3:59 PM

May 2019
Giovanni.exe has stopped working.

Also, I wouldn't mind getting killed by a guy with a giant laser sword, but I would extremely prefer without a donkey head tied to his crotch.
Nov 8, 2019 4:56 PM

Oct 2015
After Arthur was doing so well on that fight against those guys, I'm really not chuffed by his skills right now.

A major disappointment was Lisa's treacherous reveal, that was quite a shocker I definitely didn't expect. Things are not looking for Vulcan and the gang, especially since Shinra got fried there.

Intense episode.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 8, 2019 6:37 PM

Feb 2015
Supersky said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Tbf, even I'm finding this anime to be a bit dull. I have no idea how the polls still have it as positive tbh
Because the vast majority of the people bothering to interact with it, either via polls or comments, like it. I know I don't bother rating this crap every week. The top rated reviews clearly reflect that this anime is not universally loved. That said, anyone who actually trusts the ratings or polls on this website is an idiot, even reviews are hit or miss. Weebs are notoriously fucking stupid.

I personally think this is mediocre at best, and falls into the category of "it's the kinda shit series that could have been good and that potential pops up now and then but it's usually bad and overly relies on cliches", a mouthful I know, instead of something that's outright bad or mediocre the entire way round.
Nov 8, 2019 6:53 PM

Dec 2013
Poor Shinra got beaten pretty quickly. Following the wire seemed like a decent idea at the time.

The bit with Arthur was funny. His stupidity is both his greatest strength and his greatest weakness.

Lisa’s betrayal really caught me off guard. I feel really bad for Vulcan at the end. He looked so broken.

Giovanni tore into the bridge with bleeding his hands but he still can’t get that key! I’m guessing it was in the item he just broke.
Nov 8, 2019 7:20 PM

Dec 2014
Arthur is just too awesome, I love the guy. xD

Damn, I felt so bad for Vulcan at the end, he didn't deserve any of it. :(
Nov 8, 2019 7:37 PM
Jun 2017
me be like while hearing Giovanni talking:

LOOKING... LOOKING... LOOKING... LOOKING.... LOOKING... LOOKING... LOOKING... LOOKING... LOOKING... LOOKING... LOOKING... LOOKING..

LEAPT... LEAPT...LEAPT...LEAPT...LEAPT...LEAPT...LEAPT...LEAPT...LEAPT...
LEAPT...LEAPT...LEAPT...LEAPT...LEAPT...LEAPT...LEAPT...LEAPT...LEAPT..

How many are those members of Evangelist... hahahaha....
Nov 8, 2019 9:31 PM

Dec 2015
Man, that dialogue at the end was perfectly done. Completely sinister and maddening behavior from that guy. Everything he said and did was perfectly calculated AND erratic. Brilliant.
Nov 8, 2019 10:05 PM

Mar 2019
Very good episode, except that last part with the repeating.... really Annoying AF!!!...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 8, 2019 10:11 PM

Jul 2016
Arthur... dude, seriously? Honestly, I'm having so many questions about this guy's mental health now.

Overall... it was a quite terrible episode. The odd transition from dumb comedy with Arthur to serious tone with Giovanni and co. felt really notorious and off putting. Besides, Giovanni being a "traitor" could be seen from miles away so there wasn't any impact at all but Lisa, on the other hand, being also with this evangelist dude felt very underwhelming and out of the blue. Not the best of executions if you ask me.

Well, now I guess Shinra will show up next episode and save everyone... again. That is, if he doesn't have an encounter with his brother first, of course.
Nov 9, 2019 12:27 AM

Jun 2019
The funniest thing is the character's ability to speak. Ofc VA's are amazing
lettuce<3
Nov 9, 2019 12:31 AM

Apr 2019
That part with Arthur was absolutely hilarious. Didn't he even notice how weird he looked like with the donkey under his belt?

The last part, on the other hand, was really heartbreaking. Things that are supposed to be unbreakable has been broken. Let's just hope this isn't enough to break Vulcan.
Nov 9, 2019 12:43 AM
Aug 2019
SouthRzVa said:
Arthur... dude, seriously? Honestly, I'm having so many questions about this guy's mental health now.

Overall... it was a quite terrible episode. The odd transition from dumb comedy with Arthur to serious tone with Giovanni and co. felt really notorious and off putting. Besides, Giovanni being a "traitor" could be seen from miles away so there wasn't any impact at all but Lisa, on the other hand, being also with this evangelist dude felt very underwhelming and out of the blue. Not the best of executions if you ask me.

Well, now I guess Shinra will show up next episode and save everyone... again. That is, if he doesn't have an encounter with his brother first, of course.
SouthRzVa said:

Wait a bit because you really make me worry about what you say.
Are you actually expecting in stories build-up or hints of who a traitor in the story will be?

Lmao, are you serious? ofc there won't be hints dude because apparently, the writer wants to shock the reader/watcher by surprising him so if actual hints in the story were given that would actually make you suspect lisa then he would lose the surprise factor and it will be something predictable because you already suspect giovanni and simple because of his shady look, you know whenever there is a guy who looks and talks shady he is 99% villain or hides something.

If something becomes predictable it is boring because you know who is what also if any writer goes to do that then it will be monotonous.

Do you know how many people claim their ideas are good writing choices but when they go to write they stop in 1rst half paragraph and quit it?

That's call reality harsh reality if everyone who could do criticism could write, this world would have been with full writers but they are not.

I respect you have your opinion but in reality that wouldn't have made anything better, it would have just made you look boring-predictable and bad.

Unless you build up someone is a traitor and then do a plot twist by making him actually be innocent by making another guy to actually be that traitor if you gave build up to who the real traitor was before revealing who he who was then you would also lose the surprise factor.
Unfortunately, not everything needs to have a build-up especially if it's purpose is to surprise you if it's purpose is not to wake you up from your deep sleep and actually know where something is heading then you use build-up elements.
GourmetforceNov 9, 2019 12:59 AM
Nov 9, 2019 1:02 AM
Aug 2019
ayn- said:
That part with Arthur was absolutely hilarious. Didn't he even notice how weird he looked like with the donkey under his belt?

The last part, on the other hand, was really heartbreaking. Things that are supposed to be unbreakable has been broken. Let's just hope this isn't enough to break Vulcan.

Arthur is probably like don Quixote the more powerful his delusions are the stronger he becomes
but once again no one came to this conclusion prior to me saying it jeesh...
Nov 9, 2019 2:16 AM

May 2019
Dark humour works really well with the psychoanalytical and macabre tone of the series, I liked the concept and execution a lot more than I thought I would.

Shinra's durability is crazy - 2 million volts?!

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Nov 9, 2019 7:00 AM

Aug 2015
Well...that was a nice plot twist. Sad to see the things Vulcan loved being broken into pieces. I can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 9, 2019 7:33 AM

Mar 2018
This is depressing ngl
I feel like Lisa is.. a bit unwilling? And Shinra is just gone.. Giovanni probably left him somewhere and he's going to come to the rescue in the end

Arthur was pretty epic xD he can be so strong lol

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Nov 9, 2019 8:24 AM

Nov 2012
Definitely feels like it's picking up a bit, did enjoy this episode and like the new character Vulcan.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Nov 9, 2019 9:56 AM

Jul 2019
Arthur is hilarious but I don't like it when he's sad. And omg Lisa... what the hell? :'(
Life is a despicable endurance race
Nov 9, 2019 10:05 AM

Apr 2009
Seeing Lisa's reaction and stone look when Giovanni told her to stand down plus the conversation before indicates to me that theirs something else going on with her rather than her just being part of the evangelists group this whole time. I think she genuinely cares for Vulcan and Yu despite her actions.
DreddNov 9, 2019 10:10 AM
Nov 9, 2019 10:18 AM

Jul 2016
Gourmetforce said:
SouthRzVa said:

SouthRzVa said:

Are you actually expecting in stories build-up or hints of who a traitor in the story will be?

Lmao, are you serious? ofc there won't be hints dude because apparently, the writer wants to shock the reader/watcher by surprising him so if actual hints in the story were given that would actually make you suspect lisa then he would lose the surprise factor and it will be something predictable because you already suspect giovanni and simple because of his shady look, you know whenever there is a guy who looks and talks shady he is 99% villain or hides something.

If something becomes predictable it is boring because you know who is what also if any writer goes to do that then it will be monotonous.

Do you know how many people claim their ideas are good writing choices but when they go to write they stop in 1rst half paragraph and quit it?

That's call reality harsh reality if everyone who could do criticism could write, this world would have been with full writers but they are not.

I respect you have your opinion but in reality that wouldn't have made anything better, it would have just made you look boring-predictable and bad.

Unless you build up someone is a traitor and then do a plot twist by making him actually be innocent by making another guy to actually be that traitor if you gave build up to who the real traitor was before revealing who he who was then you would also lose the surprise factor.
Unfortunately, not everything needs to have a build-up especially if it's purpose is to surprise you if it's purpose is not to wake you up from your deep sleep and actually know where something is heading then you use build-up elements.

I honestly don't know what "shock/surprise" are you talking about. We know Lisa for only an episode yet the author wants the viewers to actually feel something for a character I personally couldn't care less at this moment. Her being a traitor out of nowhere just to keep Vulcan until Giovanni appear was just lazy writing.

And on a side note, I didn't think Giovanni was a traitor because of "his looks". The characters already established there was something fishy about him when they gave their opinions about the 3rd division back then at the meeting at that "church" before Benimaru's arc.
Nov 9, 2019 2:49 PM

Jan 2016
SouthRzVa said:
Gourmetforce said:

I honestly don't know what "shock/surprise" are you talking about. We know Lisa for only an episode yet the author wants the viewers to actually feel something for a character I personally couldn't care less at this moment. Her being a traitor out of nowhere just to keep Vulcan until Giovanni appear was just lazy writing.

And on a side note, I didn't think Giovanni was a traitor because of "his looks". The characters already established there was something fishy about him when they gave their opinions about the 3rd division back then at the meeting at that "church" before Benimaru's arc.

A traitor to who? It's not exactly like Haijima were presented as not fishy lol.
Nov 9, 2019 6:03 PM
Jul 2017
Damn. These past few episodes have been phenomenal! I think the Vulcan arc might be my favorite so far.
Nov 9, 2019 10:16 PM
Mar 2015
Well that was a pointless beat down Gionvanni is one whacky bird
Nov 10, 2019 12:36 AM

Jun 2017
Goddamn that Arthur really is something, especially when he's feeling Knightly, I can't believe he takes himself seriously wearing that "cape" and donkey lol. The episode was quite fun until Giovanni raged in the end.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 10, 2019 1:16 AM
May 2019
So, did anyone else think that the way Shinra got captured by Dr. Giovanni was extremely underwhelming and a little convenient for the plot? I figured this episode was designed to focus more on Arthur's strengths (which was cool and hilarious. He's so delusional when it comes to being a cool Knight xDD), but I do feel like Shinra waiting around, wondering why it's "too quiet" was a little dimwitted. And convenient.
Nov 10, 2019 2:48 AM

Apr 2018
Arthur is strong but his stupidity is holding him down lmao. I'm expecting Liza to have a change of heart again
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

119 by Twilight_In_Hell »»
Apr 21, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

243 by Twilight_In_Hell »»
Apr 21, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

176 by ArthurKFC »»
Apr 16, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

199 by beamtoes »»
Apr 10, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

386 by Crispydang »»
Mar 30, 1:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.