Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2019 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not going to lie, that bath scene made me cringe lol

There's also the dog, rooster, and monkey...what the fuck. Just when I thought this anime couldn't get any stranger, it does.
Nov 1, 2019 11:51 AM

Mar 2019
Wow that wasn't even a case, a real hobo would have solved it in seconds
I saw Sherlock asking for money at the convenience store around my house the other day, there must be another 200 IQ case in my district
Nov 1, 2019 12:26 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This anime is getting worse and worse, i'm just scared for the next episodes
Nov 1, 2019 1:12 PM

Jul 2015
Not interesting enough to continue watching.

I love to watch originals. Too bad.

Nov 1, 2019 1:40 PM

Aug 2013
Yeah, this was a weird episode.

So the thing Sherlock always does is called rakugo.

Nov 1, 2019 1:52 PM
May 2017
Wait. so who was the dead body the other guy found then?
Nov 1, 2019 2:25 PM

May 2018
Is it just me or is this anime starting to be , for the lack of a better word "GAY!"

Watson pink apron James Moriarty in pink shirt .....

Nov 1, 2019 2:55 PM

Mar 2016
I wish this Sherlock would also do his complex deductions or say the classic Sherlock Holmes dialogues.

The way Moriarty is shown in some of the shots is kind of creepy, which I think is a nice way of telling us not to trust him, even though I really want to. (By the way, when does he appear in the books? I've almost finished the first short story collection book, which is the third book in the series, but Moriarty still hasn't appeared.)

Does any of this count as fan-service? I feel like it was just drawn to be funny. Especially Sherlock's body and his dangling censoring-circle-thingy.
Nov 1, 2019 3:08 PM

May 2019
I'm having fun while watching but nothing so far made me " :O " which is something I would expect from a mystery genre anime. It has good comedy, though.

It's still too early to say anything about the whole show, though. It has potential. The characters are likable and the portrayal of Kabukicho is great. Let's see where it goes.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Nov 1, 2019 3:10 PM
Jul 2018
ah the usual bath scenes also here but this show went on it the whole episode weh. the mystery stuff too continues to be solid meh.

I am surpised four episode in and feels like nothing really happening aside after the character introductions.. this show already loses the common three-episode-rule by long margin! :o
Nov 1, 2019 4:49 PM

Dec 2015
Another good episode. And the in Japan usual milk after a bath. (How could Watson not have known about that ha ha? :D)

I still like the Rakugo explanatin + the joke question at the end. Nice how they used the neighour stuff with the other detective ... who actually found that killed guy there.
Nov 1, 2019 9:12 PM

Apr 2019
Things sure went weirdly lighthearted considering that someone just died. But other than that, I still think it's a great episode.
Nov 1, 2019 9:16 PM

Oct 2015
Momotarou was a jerk, but for the pheasant to kill him, damn!

I liked how the dog protected the pheasant from the matter, true friendship at best.

Naked Rakugo:O
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 1, 2019 10:10 PM

Sep 2017
This was a nice change from the formula of the first few eps. Pretty fun episode to watch. Interesting that Sherlock wanted to be a rakugo performer originally. Wonder how he got to being a detective. I'm interested to see more of his past.
Nov 2, 2019 4:20 AM

Nov 2009
This series is starting to feel alittle too weird for me... I like the setting and all, but the rakugo schtick feels especially annoying.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Nov 2, 2019 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
I like how this show inspires me to watch real Rakugo performances.
Nov 2, 2019 7:36 AM

Dec 2014
that was something else...the episode and all..hmm
Nov 2, 2019 9:03 AM

Jan 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not going to lie, that bath scene made me cringe lol

There's also the dog, rooster, and monkey...what the fuck. Just when I thought this anime couldn't get any stranger, it does.

Someone on Reddit pointed out that it was a reference to Japanese folklore around the old story of the peach boy who defeats the demons of Oni Island. Along the way he makes allies of a dog, monkey, and pheasant. Momo means peach and the boy was found inside a giant peach thus his name is Momotaro.
Nov 2, 2019 2:02 PM

Sep 2011
A bathhouse episode! Sherlock was a bit on the skinny side, but Watson was hot like a sauna. lol Well, a simple episode with a simple case I guess, but at least we got to know that rakugo was the first thing that connected Sherlock to James.
Nov 2, 2019 4:27 PM

Jun 2013
It was an okay episode. I'm enjoying the series since it doesn't require you to think much even though this is a detective show lol

I was wondering why Watsons was completely ignorant about the public bathhouse. Is he supposed to be new to Japan? I'm guessing this is Japan since it's Kabukichou Sherlock. They all have foreign names and appearances but live in Japan, right? I'm guessing Sherlock and Moriarty have lived there longer.
臭い-
Nov 2, 2019 4:43 PM
Dec 2017
Of all the anime that I'm watching this season, this is definitely one of them...

Anyways, people are already starting to bandwagon hate it like they do with a couple of shows every season, but I for some strange reason am really enjoying how weird the show is. It reminds me a bit of the older days when anime used to be more goofy and didn't take itself too seriously.

I think it's nice to see some lighthearted fun for a change, especially in this genre. The setting is also very cool, although I'd also watch a 'serious' show where a bunch of detectives are battling each other, solving more gruesome and tougher cases.
Nov 3, 2019 2:57 AM
Nov 2016
OMG I can't with this episode. James is soooooo GODDAMN CUTE. This anime is so nonsense and weird but I love it. I can't wait to see what the big picture is because there's been a lot of foreshadowing and subtlety in this.
Nov 3, 2019 4:54 AM

Oct 2017
Another boring and dull case. Also this got even more weird with those mask band guys. Anyway still waiting to see whats Moriarty doing behind the scenes.
Nov 3, 2019 2:59 PM

Apr 2012
It's great that within all the things this show already does (retelling of Sherlock, recharacterisation, rakugo, etc), they still manage to squeeze in some nice backgrounds of Kabukichou. Subtle, but it shows the attention to details.

Leo said:
So the thing Sherlock always does is called rakugo.
Anyone curious about rakugo should watch Rakugo shinjuu, it's the perfect introduction.
EratiKNov 3, 2019 3:05 PM
Nov 4, 2019 8:33 AM
Apr 2016
nanimeanswhat said:
I'm having fun while watching but nothing so far made me " :O " which is something I would expect from a mystery genre anime. It has good comedy, though.

It's still too early to say anything about the whole show, though. It has potential. The characters are likable and the portrayal of Kabukicho is great. Let's see where it goes.
nanimeanswhat said:

Yep i agree we cannot judge a Anime that Easily
They may have a Ace in the Hole
Nov 4, 2019 4:47 PM

Jul 2017
Ooh a bathhouse...Watson definitely needs to get used to the ways of it, while Moriarty is getting along with Sherlock. That dog, pig, chicken and peach...OHHHHH but that after-scene of Sherlock flailing his lower body was...FUNNILY ABSURD LOLS, this is the kind of weirdness definitely.

Seems that the "animals" band are losing one member, and that scene from the beginning of the episode was a set-up for things to happen.

If anything, I'd like to see the story of how Sherlock wanted to be a Rakugo performer, because passion begets passion, and the fall from grace definitely is a mystery for another day.

nanimeanswhat said:

Benefit of doubt. Always go further when no one's expecting.
Nov 6, 2019 10:49 AM

Feb 2017
I don't know why so many people hate it. It's such a unique show with lots of comedy and sarcasm.

I see some are hating due to the image the real Holmes created for us, well I'm a fan of Doyle too, but that's not enough reason to hate a show. After all it's like a parody. I think we should take it as comedy for the best.
Nov 7, 2019 8:32 AM

Oct 2013
I don't hate the show, but there's really no reason to watch it. Dropped I guess.
Nov 7, 2019 9:33 AM

Mar 2017
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Is it just me or is this anime starting to be , for the lack of a better word "GAY!"

Watson pink apron James Moriarty in pink shirt .....

It won't be that gay until another character show up. remember the blond woman from the opening that goes near Sherlock? that can be Irene Adler aka "Sherlock Holmes Love Partner".
SkyDrop said:
ah the usual bath scenes also here but this show went on it the whole episode weh. the mystery stuff too continues to be solid meh.

I am surpised four episode in and feels like nothing really happening aside after the character introductions.. this show already loses the common three-episode-rule by long margin! :o
Well, I always remember of what happen to Violet Evergarden where nobody expect it will goes so deep (I'm one of the loyal fan who goes through all episode with such a hype).

I never drop Anime just by watching 3 episodes knowing it's enough to show "the basic" of the story for the anime itself.
Nov 7, 2019 12:10 PM
Jan 2019
So desapointed I thought this was going to be Anime of the season (maybe), I think not anymore
Nov 16, 2019 3:06 AM
Jan 2019
Moriarty is sure a mysterious character and hiding a big secret but if he is the serial killer that describes in the first episode I won't be surprised
Nov 16, 2019 8:31 PM

Mar 2010
Dubbed version of this episode: You Dummy, Dum, Dummy - James
Nov 22, 2019 6:53 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
EratiK said:
Anyone curious about rakugo should watch Rakugo shinjuu, it's the perfect introduction.

And then for the other end of the rakugo spectrum, watch Joshiraku 😄
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Jan 20, 2020 4:07 PM

Jun 2013
This is such a strange show lol
Jan 15, 2021 8:46 AM

Jul 2015
Well not much of a mystery case considering the band themselves wre the perpetrators except poor monkey guy. Moriarty is quite the strange fellow who so far seems nice but some scenes gives me the vibe he has something up his sleeves. I wonder why Sherlock's master denied him from being a rakugo performer as he seems quite good at it.

Mar 13, 2021 8:11 AM

May 2020
Onsen time. Still with the case and what is with this band. Mask of the animal band. Moriarty always make me interesting seems he hide something big.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

54 by SenChen »»
Apr 14, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

59 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 15, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

27 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 14, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

39 by OneFaintingRobin »»
Mar 14, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

34 by EratiK »»
Sep 4, 2022 3:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.