Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2019 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh shit, pet abductions and a cat case.

Seems this episode aimed for lighthearted comedy after the heavy drama in the past few episodes. Lot of humor lol. That cat is all over the place.
Dec 27, 2019 10:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A better mood in this episode indeed, cats everywhere !
Dec 27, 2019 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
And we're back to the regular goofy tone of the show. On the surface these characters seem fun and quirky. I wish they had more depth to them.
Dec 27, 2019 12:23 PM

May 2014
Talk about a shift in tone. All the subtlety of a sledgehammer to the face.

I kind of liked how Sherlock's rakugo "explaining the case" performance was interrupted. They were pretty formulaic so it is good to do it differently for once.
Dec 27, 2019 12:42 PM

Aug 2013
Poor Sherlock. His rakugo got interrupted in this episode.

Quite the lighthearted episode. That cat was everywhere.

Dec 27, 2019 1:08 PM
Sep 2019
Aww, another filler episode. Nice of Mrs Hudson to think of something to cheer up the detectives...

Dec 27, 2019 3:11 PM

May 2013
I wonder what will happen to Moriarty. The last scene doesn't look good. Does his dad engaged prisonner to kill him? Will he evade from prison?
I don't think it's over with Moriarty and I can't wait to see him be the 'final boss'.
Dec 27, 2019 3:53 PM

Sep 2017
A great lighthearted episode to bring both the viewers and most of the casts spirits up after the Jack incident. Was good fun. Love how Sherlock kept getting his rakugo interrupted. Looking forward to the second cour.
Dec 27, 2019 4:43 PM

Aug 2019
Ok episode, don't really like the fillers
Dec 27, 2019 4:59 PM

Oct 2009
I think the episode perfectly captured that atmosphere after a significant personal tragedy where nobody really knows how to move on, but ofc everyone must, and then there's that one person who tries to bring people together and make an attempt to somehow distract everyone. A little silly, a little forced, everyone's reluctant, no one is really at the height of having fun, but - they're together and making an attempt. The fact that it's an "ok filler" basically sums it up, I mean, we never even got an explanation to why Pipe wandered off like that, if he'd never done so before in his life. And the pet thief couldn't've been more insignificant. Was good to see someone taking care of The Irregulars too.

Kinda confused about Moriarty though. All the secrecy, and Sherlock's comments, and who was that guy in that last shot?? Someone save him please.
Dec 27, 2019 5:16 PM

Feb 2019
Interesting. This episode showed the bonds between everyone and how everyone cares about each other. An adorable episode in general.

Speaking of which, that ending is showing that something new will start, and James seems to be the center of it. Jack the Ripper couldn't have been only one person, so the entire organization might be wanting revenge against James for killing one of their important members. I don't think that James'll make it out of this show alive.

My mind still wants to make connections between James and Jack. I know that James has been cleared, but I still didn't like the way that he destroyed the USB. I'll stop focusing on small details and forcefully frame James of being Jack.
Dec 27, 2019 5:20 PM

Feb 2019
Frostyinside said:

It was an important episode though. It showed how much everyone cared. It showed how they were doing their best to move on. The fact that Irene is leaving for New York is important too. And how Sherlock officially named John his assistant. The ending also foreshadowed the next arc. This episode is sort of like the calm before the storm. More character driven more than anything, but the plot was still strung in.
Dec 27, 2019 6:11 PM
May 2019
A necessary funny episode after all the drama. Pipe the cat is a mean thing, but it likes Watson? Didn't see that coming.

Sherlock and Watson will be a "cute couple"? I think not! LOL I love the play on the "made it official" bit.

I feel SO BAD for Moriarty! And that creepy eyeball guy at the end there needs to go back to sleep! We don't need more drama yet haha
Dec 27, 2019 6:39 PM

Jul 2015
Sherlock almost become truck-kun's latest victim lol
Dec 27, 2019 9:52 PM

Jun 2013
Poor Moriarity, stuck in prison with a potential killer or rapist.
臭い-
Dec 28, 2019 6:35 AM

Nov 2009
That shiptease with Sherlock and Irene... She was serious in that she actually wanted him to stop her from leaving, wasn't she.

And judging from Sherlock's words and suspicions, we didn't really get to the bottom of this case with Jack, even if said Jack is dead. There are still questions left, starting with why exactly Moran wanted to kill his own son so bad that he even ordered a hit on him... Moriarty is still hiding something, and that something will come back later to bite all involed in the ass.
CGDec 28, 2019 6:51 AM
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 28, 2019 8:58 AM

Dec 2016
Jayfax said:
Frostyinside said:

It was an important episode though. It showed how much everyone cared. It showed how they were doing their best to move on. The fact that Irene is leaving for New York is important too. And how Sherlock officially named John his assistant. The ending also foreshadowed the next arc. This episode is sort of like the calm before the storm. More character driven more than anything, but the plot was still strung in.

But indeed it was a filler episode, a wild goose chase. Just because a minor part of the episode showed how Sherlock, Watson & Irene dealt with Moriarty being held by the police, doesn't stop it from being a filler episode.

And talking about Watson, his choice to stay in Kabukicho feels completely forced. A sane doctor wouldn't throw away a successful career just because he needs to babysit some deranged detective. The writers could have come up with a better excuse to keep Watson in town.
Dec 28, 2019 9:07 AM
Jul 2019

Ohhhh, too bad for neat freak detective, either he still can't believe that Maki was Jack The Ripper or he felt disgusted that he made love to a guy, EEEEEEW Just the idea makes me wanna puke. .

Ohhh man they're looking for Miss Hudson's cat Pipe not knowing that he's just around.
Horn_dawg_2019Dec 28, 2019 9:36 AM
Dec 28, 2019 12:03 PM

Jun 2010
I was kinda disgusted by the last scene....scared for moriarty :( speaking of moriarty, sherlock did have a point about how he killed jack. I cant help but feel like there is more to this stuation....he is keeping shit from sherlock,,,, and im excited for 2nd cour.
Dec 28, 2019 9:39 PM

Aug 2012
I kinda wish this was only one cour but its not.. Oh well
Dec 29, 2019 4:50 AM

Dec 2015
Funny episode to conclude the first arc. I guess something will happen with Moriarty for the 2nd half. Liked the show so far and a stable 8/10 for me atm. One of the better shows this season.

The cat was fun. I like the chars and the unusual/weird personalities. The episodic stories were fun and the overall plot was okay as well. I think I have liked the episodic stories even a lil bit more and to fully enjoy the anime you'd have to like them + the unique style (Holmes as a "weird" char) cause the background plot with Jack wasn't really deep or special.
Dec 29, 2019 10:54 AM

May 2018
Welp, Moriarty got locked up for taking the law into his own hands... Now it's a hunt for the pet thief and Mrs. Hudson's cat pipe and in the end everyone get's a slice of the reward.

Poor, Kyogoku, he made love to a guy with a small dick.
Dec 29, 2019 3:33 PM

Sep 2011
At least Moriarty is in jail for what he did, but I doubt he is going to stay there long. I'm worried about his safety after that last scene though. And poor Sherlock, he didn't get to watch his rakugo or even to perform his own since people kept interrupting him with the answers. That was a lot of strawberries too. xD And it seems that Watson is there to stay as expected, and that Irene is gone. That's kind of a bummer, but the real disappointing part is that Moriarty didn't use that USB stick to make his father pay for his crime.
Dec 29, 2019 3:49 PM

Sep 2017
It's not the same without Moriarty sadly.
Dec 30, 2019 1:48 AM

Jul 2017
Due to the whole case with Jack the Ripper, Moriarty lands himself in jail for taking things into his own hands, but it was a case he'd not relent until the suspect is known and brought to justice.

Meanwhile...back in Pipecat Bar, Mrs. Hudson's cat Pipe is gone, as a filler story amidst the backdrop of everyone knowing that Moriarty is gone, even the Kabukichou kids.

Catching this big, fat feline of a cat seems to be the "easiest but zany" mission ever...even with Sherlock's Rakugo, the constant distractions had him with the short end of the stick, with friendship and collaborations ending the 1st half on a positive note.

The relationship between Sherlock and Irene, albeit short, was somewhat a open-and-shut case, it's clear that there is affection between both of them, but wasn't clear enough.

Waiting 2 weeks after New Year's for the 2md half.
Jan 3, 2020 5:40 AM

Aug 2019
why is no one talking about those scenes where sherlock just looks at john?? i wonder what it meant
Jan 3, 2020 6:20 AM
Apr 2018
I liked Moriarty from the start because i liked his character in moriarty the patriot, Liked him even more now because of his character here.

So seeing him in prison with a potential murderer/ rapist or smtn isn't good. Someone save him pls

Jan 3, 2020 1:17 PM

Oct 2017
Well except for that last part this episode was pretty meh. I wonder how the second cour will go, they could have ended it with this episode.
Jan 5, 2020 1:47 AM

Dec 2015
t_tomodachi22 said:
A necessary funny episode after all the drama. Pipe the cat is a mean thing, but it likes Watson? Didn't see that coming.

Pipe Tsundere ;) that should be her official name. ;)
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jan 5, 2020 1:55 AM

Dec 2015
Horn_dawg_2019 said:

Ohhhh, too bad for neat freak detective, either he still can't believe that Maki was Jack The Ripper or he felt disgusted that he made love to a guy, EEEEEEW Just the idea makes me wanna puke. .

wow, damn. you really missed the point with Mr. Kyougoku. he's bi-sexual, he didn't care that Maki was a guy dressing like a girl. when Mr. K is sitting in the couches discussing with Watson his crazy notebooks filled with plans to ask Maki out, PAY MORE ATTENTION to the part where Watson asks Kyo "Well, what types DO you like?" they point the camera at Mary and Watson asks 'like those?' and Kyo says 'yeah', and they point the camera at Lucy and Watson asks 'like those too?' and Kyo says 'yeah those too.' that shows without OBVIOUSLY STATING IT, Mr. Kyougoku likes guys AND girls. if you didn't know it, almost nobody knows Lucy is a girl, most of them think she's Mary's BIG BROTHER. :)
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jan 5, 2020 2:01 AM

Dec 2015
episode 13 has been delayed even further than a week? ep12 showed up on the site I use DEC. 27, 2019. that means it was supposed to show up JAN 3, 2020. I understand New Years/Christmas but... that doesn't count since ep12 came up DURING the Fall to Winter TV Broadcast Season Break.
Jan 5, 2020 5:35 AM
Jan 2017
While this was a straight "filler" episode it was nice to have a fun episode after everything that happened in the previous 3 episodes.
Jan 16, 2020 6:53 AM

Aug 2019
@jayfax if you've read the books, you pretty much know who's who, like, who the villains are and who are the good guys. If you haven't then I strongly advise you not to read many comments, bc you will get spoilers
Jan 16, 2020 5:17 PM

Feb 2019
Frostyinside said:
@jayfax if you've read the books, you pretty much know who's who, like, who the villains are and who are the good guys. If you haven't then I strongly advise you not to read many comments, bc you will get spoilers

It's the fact that I know who the villains and good guys in the books are that's tricking me ;-;
Sep 3, 2020 1:10 AM

Nov 2019
At this point in the series, halfway through, there should have been at least one interesting trait or plot thread... yet there isn't.

The only thing that came close were the re-occurring hints that Moriarty was hiding something, a subplot that climaxed last episode in one of the most cringe-inducing ways possible.
Oct 6, 2020 8:40 AM

Oct 2012
Pipe is such a jerk cat, he made Sherlock miss the last performance of whoever that old man was..And btw cats don't eat strawberries!! tf
Oct 21, 2020 10:41 PM

Aug 2015
Why did James destroy the evidence they could have used to take down his corrupt father? Hmm.

This show has really jarring tonal shifts. Episode 11 was so gross and violent, and now we're straight back to a happy gang of buddies, despite the underlying threat of James's disappearance and the mayor's corruption.

Mrs. Hudson and Pipe are so sweet.
Jan 16, 2021 2:48 PM

Jul 2015
Pipe the Cat truly is a monster for gathering food from all restaurants...

That guy at the end was truly creepy, makes me fear what is going to happen to Moriarty...

Sep 18, 2022 1:59 PM

Apr 2012
Having mixed feelings. Not sure why but I anticipated the show to be about Jack until the end, and now how Mori will obviously act against Moran, seems like we'll get a Sherlock vs Mori face off eventually. Feeling the heartache from there.
Mar 14, 2023 12:16 PM
Mar 2016
One of the most transphobic twenty minutes of media I've ever seen.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

54 by SenChen »»
Apr 14, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

59 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 15, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

27 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 14, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

34 by EratiK »»
Sep 4, 2022 3:58 PM

» john watson case

Koichi23xKaneki2 - Jun 15, 2022

0 by Koichi23xKaneki2 »»
Jun 15, 2022 3:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.