Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2019 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Ais serving food to Hestia. I didn't think they'd show that this season.

The final episode didn't feel exciting although it had its usual mood and storytelling style. We got more of Hestia and Bell together, something that has been a recurring trend in the entire franchise. The festival itself brings together a cherry mood after all the drama.

Idk, it kinda feels somewhat like a finale in a way.

Season 3 announced lol. (Summer 2020)
https://twitter.com/danmachi_anime/status/1177612970223792128
Stark700Sep 27, 2019 9:04 AM
Sep 27, 2019 9:44 AM

Apr 2010
A peaceful episode especially compared to last week but it's ending in the middle of something which doesn't feel right.
Anyway it was nice seeing Ais in different clothing for ones.

And it was an emotional ending as well with the owner dying.
Sep 27, 2019 9:51 AM

Dec 2017
so this season abandoned the idea of exploring the dungeon and focused on the familia discord. yet both arcs were shit with rushed endings. and don't even get me started on those last 2 episodes...

such an underwhelming season. s1 was pretty generic itself, but at least entertaining to watch. at least they're going back to dungeons in s3, it seems
Sep 27, 2019 9:58 AM
Mar 2019
Remember when this show was about exploring the dungeon? Huh neither do I
Sep 27, 2019 10:08 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty average episode if you ask me. Didn't seem like a finale.
The scene at the end with the mayor was sad and emotional.

They announced the third season for summer 2020, thought we had to wait for like another 4 years.

6/10.

Sep 27, 2019 10:20 AM
Nov 2018
So... Yeah...2 ser is over. Personaly, I enjoyed it. Not as much as 1 Ser but hey... I'm looking forward to Danmachi 3 :D
Sep 27, 2019 10:22 AM

Feb 2016
A quite normal episode. Didn't feel like this was the end. The usual balance between comedy and drama. It was the same as the first season if not better.

Season 3 announced. I wonder if JC would be able to handle so many adaptations
Sep 27, 2019 10:31 AM

Jan 2015
Yeah S3 announced
Dare? born in DG

Sep 27, 2019 10:35 AM

Nov 2011
I actually was okay with these last two episodes. We now know that Ais has some kind of Vandetta against the Black Dragon, but the Black Dragon's scales are protecting this village as well. So there's going to be some conflict there once Bell eventually meets the Black Dragon.

We got to see Hestia and Bells relationship Develop more which was nice.

Ais in those village clothes which was AMAZING.

And a new character introduced coming out of the stone walls in the dungeon...I was angry when I saw this until I saw the announcement for season 3 and an OVA so im HYPED now!

Overall not better then season one but still good 8/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 27, 2019 10:39 AM

Feb 2014
They ended season 2 rather normally than how season 1 was hyped. Well all it matters now is the next season for all the exciting adventures to come.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 27, 2019 10:43 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice that Ais and Bell's little ad hoc party managed to catch up and snatch back Hestia. Its fortunate that the village that they stumbled upon was a friendly one. Ais though really looks nice in the new clothes that the villagers lent her. The perception of the Black dragon among the villagers though was pretty intriguing. To think that while adventurers saw them as monsters the villagers would revere them as protectors. The harvest dance sure was pretty fun as while life was hard outside the walls the festival gave them the opportunity to enjoy the present with the ones they cherish the most. The Mayors last words though sure was quite the emotional scene especially Hestia's attempt to imitate Brigid so as to give closure to him. The talk between Hestia and Bell in the aftermath sure was insightful and sweet. Even though death is an eventuality in the present living your life to the full with your friends and goddesses is the best way to ensure that there are no regrets. Overall a pretty calm finale that nonetheless managed to end the season on a high note and in a good place for the next season to resume.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2019 11:00 AM

Mar 2018
Mediocre season. Now the wait starts again for the next season.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 27, 2019 11:01 AM

Nov 2010
A decent season 7/10. Not really comparable to the first season.
Rinji-Sep 27, 2019 11:19 AM
Sep 27, 2019 11:09 AM

Sep 2014
Probably my favourite episode of this season. Felt bad for the old man since he was such a wonderful person. Hopefully, he met his Goddess in Heaven. Please, S3 focus on the dungeon's lore instead of having back to back familia drama arcs. 5/10 for this season.
Sep 27, 2019 11:15 AM

Nov 2014
I kinda liked the god and mortal problem. It's fitting and not overly dramatic, but I'd prefer if it was a bit more subtle and develop as a sub plot, not get fixed in 2 episodes.
Sep 27, 2019 11:16 AM

Oct 2017
A touching episode to end the season. This was a really important episode for Bell and Hestia, they became even closer than before. Also a mysterious girl shows up at the end scene. I wonder if she is the human form of the black dragon they were talking about, well gotta wait till next season to find out. Glad that season 3 and ova was announced.
Sep 27, 2019 11:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Touching episode, the discussion between Hestia and Bell at the end was cute.
Overall I enjoyed this season way much than the first and the spin-off, my favorite part was the Haruhime arc.
Danmachi was pretty meh for me with the S1 but with that season I'm starting to like it, so I'm looking forward for the 3rd season, that's nice !
Sep 27, 2019 11:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Certainly didn't expect such a peaceful episode to serve as the finale, in all honesty especially more so thanks to the cliffhanger from last week's episode.

Hestia's deliberate attempts at 'stealing' Bell away are glorious as ever and it was nice to see the old and emotional tale from the mayor to give the whole scene a bit more depth. At the same time, a little disappointed that the whole 'god and mortal love' bit was resolved within two episodes but I'm expecting it to return from time to time in the future episodes so no biggies I suppose.

Nice to see Hestia switching to the caring caretaker there towards the end. Bell really is in good hands. Interesting little tidbit on the Black Dragon's scales being a blessing to this village, I'm sure this will weigh on Be;;'s mind and I'm looking forward to seeing how that goes. I hope the old man finds his beloved goddess in heaven against the odds though, on another note.

Looks like Ares-sama's in custody after all, what a joke xD. Anyway, some touching reunions to end the series with. Glad that we've got announcements for the upcoming Season 3 and the upcoming OVA to look forward to from the franchise.

Overall, this has been a pretty underwhelming season in terms of enjoyment (5/10). Story-wise (5/10), it was going somewhere initially but then the incredibly rushed episode 4 really ruined it all and the second arc was pretty bland through and through I'm afraid. Character Development (4/10) was pretty lame-ish this time around, unlike last season, and most of the new characters were fairly dull simply put. Production Value-wise, they were decent however with good animation (7/10) and a fairly good sound department (6.5/10).

As such, 5.00/10 to this season. I'm hoping to see more Dungeon Action from next season onwards!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 27, 2019 12:04 PM

Apr 2009
Brigid? Hmm, I've looked it up, seems to be an Irish goddess.

The entire episode felt awkward for me since I just want everything to be clear already then get over this ambigous love and romance. He implied but still not explicitly and clearly stated it, heck I want to be with my parents and the rest of my family too, including our dog...forever! XP

episode 5/10 hohum
season 6/10 meh
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 27, 2019 12:04 PM

May 2016
Bad season 5/10

Emotional episode, slightly better than average.
Sep 27, 2019 12:07 PM

Apr 2014
Ugh, worse than the spinoff..
Sep 27, 2019 12:14 PM
Nov 2018
A very nice, calm conclusion. Overall I liked it more than S1, still 7/10 but closer to 8/10
Sep 27, 2019 12:19 PM
Dec 2015

Having read the novels, I can say that season three will be huge if it's done right. The next arc is what sent Is it Wrong to my must-read pile (before that is was just a "fun" read). Everything up to this point was just table-setting and getting Bell and Hestia Family to the right place to influence what is to come.
Sep 27, 2019 12:34 PM
Jul 2019
Ok, so in the end it kida looks like that Bell chooses Hestia over Ains, but who was that girl that just came out from the rock????
Sep 27, 2019 12:40 PM

Feb 2015
A nice episode to end on with some good character development between Bell and Hestia. Looking forward to season 3, I think it was as good but not better than season 1. A solid 8/10
Sep 27, 2019 12:58 PM

Jun 2014
This season was pretty average for me just like season 1. There were a couple fights that were animated pretty well but other than that nothing really wowed me or stood out to me this season. At least we won't have to wait another 4 years for the next season.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 27, 2019 1:10 PM

Jul 2014
Damn, this was a great ending full of feels. I cried :'(

Nice to know more about Ais. It seems that she has a connection with the black dragon, the first thing that comes to mind is that it is responsible for the death of her parents.

Ais looked good in those clothes.

Same with Hestia. That was a really nice moment.

Lili and Hestia's faces when Haruhime hugged Bell were hilarious.

New waifu in sight? I hope so.

So, about this season, I think I liked it less than the first one. And my two biggest complaints would be:

The first arc should have been a little longer. First with Lili's rescue that was too fast/easy? It would have been nice to know a little more about Soma and his familia.

Then you have the War Game that although it wasn't bad, I feel it didn't pay off the hype it built up. Each one's moment to shine was too short, including the final fight which wasn't as exciting as I was expecting.

2. Haruhime. I really feel like that arc lacked a flashback of how she went from being the pure girl that Mikoto remembered to a prostitute. Of what she suffered in that span, something that makes me understand her better and feel bad for her because while I came to believe in her words that she was a prostitute, I didn't really feel them.

*About her finally being a virgin, I'm ok with that. Although I believed in her words, I honestly always expected that at some point they would reveal that. Though, I hope that at some point they'll tell her or somehow find out.

All in all, this series is always fun and it was one of the ones I expected the most every week so I'm very excited about that third season and OVA....... beach episode!

Hestia best girl!
SkyLETVSep 27, 2019 9:25 PM
Sep 27, 2019 1:13 PM

Jul 2017
well it was better than the 1st season at least, although that wasn't too hard to beat

did I mention I'm a prostitute?/10
Sep 27, 2019 1:15 PM

Oct 2010
massive letdown compared to S1
Sep 27, 2019 1:27 PM

Oct 2015
This anime used to be about exploring dungeons, it became another shitty harem.... i might watch season 3 only for Ais & Hestia... just being honest tho.....

i hope S3 gets better.
Sep 27, 2019 1:28 PM

Nov 2015
LAST SCENE! Whats the girls name?
You cannot spell Light without L
Sep 27, 2019 1:31 PM

Apr 2015
S1 was superior overall, but this season wasn't bad. I quite enjoyed it. Ishtar arc was definitely the best, rest was alright. The ending scene looked promising and with the S3 announcement, it's good we don't have to wait too long for it to continue.

7/10
Sep 27, 2019 1:36 PM

Jul 2017
Oh shit... i wasn't expecting the feels in this final episode! It still was a great episode imo, cool finale. That moment between Bell and Hestia was golden.

Overall, really slow paced season, but for what i've heard, the next arc is going to be one of the best in the entire series, and because of that, i am happy that JC Staff didn't rush this season. 3rd season hype!!

It's an 8/10 (first season was a 9/10), still pretty good, loved it!
Sep 27, 2019 1:36 PM

Dec 2014
It was actually a nice episode to close out the season.

Ais was looking really cute in those clothes. Would definitely love to see her in different outfits. xD

Hestia and Bell's conversation at the end was sweet.

Overall, I felt this was a very lackluster season especially compared to the first. The action sequences weren't all that great and the plot was nowhere near as interesting as the first one which had some really nice development especially for Bell. Presentation felt dead compared to the last season which had a lot of exciting moments. Hestia and Ais are pretty much the only reason I continued watching, I hope next season gets better.

6/10, even the movie and Sword Oratoria were better than this season. :(
I genuinely hope S3 will be better.
Sep 27, 2019 1:39 PM
Jul 2015
So it ended.

Where did the anime end in relation with the novel?

I want to continue reading the story but I'm not sure where it ended.

PS: Pls don't tell me to read it from the beginning
Sep 27, 2019 2:07 PM
Mar 2014
3rd Season!
when is it coming?
I want to see how the story develops with that Dragon Girl "goddess" or whatever it's supposed to be.

Most likely another one that will end up in Bell Kun harem circle.
Sep 27, 2019 2:11 PM
Mar 2019
I DON'T CARE ABOUT ANY OPINIONS,
I loved this season of Danmachi :D
Season 3 , YES ! :D
Sep 27, 2019 2:17 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Oooh volume 9 content teased at the end there and a third season coming. That's pretty cool

Alex_TheBest said:
So it ended.

Where did the anime end in relation with the novel?

I want to continue reading the story but I'm not sure where it ended.

PS: Pls don't tell me to read it from the beginning
This covered up to the end of volume 8 (though they kinda only did an abriged version of v8 in the last two eps)
Sep 27, 2019 2:20 PM

Apr 2012
Decent ep: had Aiz show emotions towards the dragon scales, a sweet old villager dying, and Bell's fear of loss kept in check.

Overall decent season. Don't remember S1 well but S2's pacing felt more balanced. And this was leagues better than the spin-off that had the most boring and generic story ever, so waiting for more.
Sep 27, 2019 2:25 PM
Sep 2011
It was a quick and quiet wrap-up. This season didn't have enough of Ais...
Sep 27, 2019 2:33 PM

Nov 2016
Liked how emotional this finale was.

Overall I slighlty enjoyed it more than the first season. Not due to improved quality or something along those lines, it's me who changed.

S3 we will get back to business, kinda looking forward to it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 27, 2019 2:44 PM

Apr 2019
That final dialog about love between mortals and gods had strong Spice & Wolf vibes. I don't think it is accidential that Hestia's dress, the head cover in particular, looks a lot like Holo's outfit.

Sep 27, 2019 2:54 PM

Jun 2017
I think it was an okay season. I was pretty surprised they ended with an episode like this but at least I hope Bell will be able to see Hestia as a woman now otherwise all this "development" was just trolling lol.
Sep 27, 2019 3:01 PM

Jan 2017
Generally an alright episode, but best girl has to be Haruhime, she's just better than Ais in every way... and they look exactly the same -but Haruhime comes with a cute character and ears (I feel strange for saying such a thing)
Sep 27, 2019 3:18 PM
Nov 2016
Worse than season 1, i would've liked more rpg and dungeon crawling instead of familiar wars. But it was still one of the few shows i was always looking forward to this season.
6/10
Sep 27, 2019 3:25 PM

Mar 2010
Don't know if I am going to watch season 3 . 10 seconds of Bridgid and i would rather watch her then Hestia, Bell also has too many girls after him lol
Sep 27, 2019 3:26 PM

Jan 2008
It was an alright episode. This mini arc could have used one more episode, honestly. I prefer the "show, don't tell" method of storytelling. Would have liked to have SEEN Ais rescue the others instead of being told she did. SEEN them interact with the mayor and daughter, or villagers, or whomever, and gotten set up in the house. This season could have used 13 instead of 12 episodes, but whatever.

Season's over, and another is announced. Hopefully we'll see more dungeon crawls.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Sep 27, 2019 3:31 PM
Jun 2016
TBH, this felt more like a middle episode then a finale. Kind of disappointed. It was very touching at the end and I teared up when Hestia did her Goddess duties. I hope season 3 gives us less drama and more dungeoneering.
Sep 27, 2019 3:42 PM

Feb 2015
I feel like I'm crazy, this season was getting so much hate on each and every episode, now everyone is acting like it was A okay and is happy it's getting a second season. Guess only the fans managed to make it through. This was a dumpster fire. Shit animation, awful story telling, dreadful dialogue, and cheap characters / emotional bait both in the villains and the allies. The high points of this were mediocre and the lowpoints, IE the majority of the season, were awful.
Sep 27, 2019 4:07 PM

Apr 2013
Season 1 was definitely better but this season was okay to watch, nice to see Season 3 already confirmed.
That cliffhanger about the Hybrid Monster? Girl in the dungeon at the end though, looking forward to season 3 to find out what's the deal with her
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

116 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 27, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

121 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

167 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

125 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2019

139 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 8:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.