Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 3, 2016 6:25 PM

Dec 2013
Hilariously wtf episode. So many run away animals!

Bug problem couldn't have been much more predictable...
Nov 18, 2016 11:40 AM

Mar 2015
Not the kind of thing I expected getting into this series...
May 29, 2017 12:09 AM

Nov 2011
The murder conspiracy during the first part of the episode was quite amusing, but the episode became progressively less amusing after Nanami got rescued.

Utena's comedy is a bit of a mixed bag. It hasn't been annoying as of yet, but it's not consistently funny either.

It seems Miki may remain Utena's friend going forward. I like that.
TripleSRankSep 7, 2017 2:29 PM
Jun 13, 2017 3:39 PM

Dec 2014
This felt more like a Princess Tutu episode than most Princess Tutu episodes LOL.
I'm liking Nanami a lot. She's not just another boring tsudere. Instead she's just a straight up asshole and I love her for it.
Aug 8, 2017 11:26 AM

Apr 2015
Nanami has a real thing against healthy relationships. If she can't have her older brother, she'll take an elementary schooler.

The kid really was sweet...even if he did make Nanami paranoid someone was going to kill her, it was so that he could be her boyfriend/'big brother'.

I still have no idea where the hell that kangaroo came from, but I think it was meant to be nonsensical.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 6, 2017 3:21 PM

Jun 2013
I guess the lesson is that Touga is a good fighter, in addition to being a self important creep. Basically, Utena will have to take him seriously.

It's a risky thing, trying to base any interpretations on this episode... But I think Tsuwabuki's story might foreshadow something about Utena, as their "origin story" is kind of similar. Perhaps that basing your core motivations on one childhood encounter might make you a bit crazy? I dunno.

The fact that cars, suburbs and baseball all exist in the world of SKU, suggests that it's a world that closely resembles ours, which makes the academy even more strange. Or maybe all the "normal" things found in this episode are inconclusive and this world is fundamentally different, and it just happens to include those things I mentioned, for no particular reason.
Oct 24, 2017 3:10 PM

Jun 2017
It was a funny episode, but who was the guy in the shadows at the beginning?
Jan 1, 2018 12:52 PM

Jan 2017
This episode was beyond ridiculous xD

When Saionji said twice "forbidden love" cause nobody gave a damn xD.

And the wild loose animals, and how manipulative Nanami truly is xD.

SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Mar 2, 2018 11:26 AM

Jul 2016
What the hell was this??

I mean, it was so stupid but I want MORE (?), seriously, there's a girl who made an 11 y/o kid her boyfriend because she thought her older brother was trying to kill her, then this kid wants to be her older brother so he tries to fight a kangaroo, but is rescued by his gf and her older brother fights against this kangaroo in a boxing match and wins.

Yeah, that made no sense.

5/5
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Mar 27, 2018 3:15 PM

Nov 2016
Lol,this episode was hilarious for sure.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 15, 2018 11:23 PM

Aug 2015
*Nanami rescues Tswabuki*
Is-is Nanami...best girl now?
Dec 1, 2018 2:16 PM

May 2010
Boxing kangaroo was definitely not something I expected from this anime xD

Besides, I do like Nanami, she's a bit annoying but also silly in a fun way ojou-sama, that's something I just can't dislike.
Feb 7, 2019 3:52 PM

Feb 2018
The episode gets +1 for the boxing kangaroo
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Mar 9, 2019 7:10 AM

Sep 2016
ExquisiteDefect said:
There was so much I didn't get. I am convinced that there is a lot of symbolism in this series as a whole but I wasn't getting all of it in this episode. Maybe it was just a regular filler.
yeahhhh, you're not the only one.
May 7, 2019 2:53 AM

Aug 2017
This episode is ridiculously exaggerated in every detail and I love it, really fits Nanami's overdramatic character.
Feb 10, 2020 4:54 AM
Sep 2015
How the fuck can someone let chickens loose in a school? A bull? A kangaroo?

Is there a zoo near the school and the animals manage to escape? This show is really absurd, I have no idea if this is supposed to be more symbolism.

Also... Nanami is really a pedophile. Disgusting. I wish the kangaroo punched her instead of Tawabuki.
Feb 19, 2020 12:12 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode!

I knew Tsuwabuki seiyuu is Yajima, Akiko!

I keep hearing her child voice!!! Really iconic!!

The episode keeps getting funny XD

Why do they have animals always tend to go rouge just as Nanami is close.

No one find it funny how Saionji just appeared out of nowhere and started inserting himself in the conversation with Utena and Mickey? XD

That long pause! Shinobu Ai!

WTF, Kiryuu appeared out of nowhere with Boxing Gloves and hitting that uppercut to that Kangaroo!
Apr 7, 2020 1:07 PM

Sep 2014
lmao this turned from Brocon, over shotacon to a house slave owner real quick.
Lmao everyone just ignores Vice President kun.

What even is this show. This is certainly not what I expected, but Im in.

"I have to put her in danger to save her again" This little dude went from simp to yandere (though not really I guess) real quick as well.

Though Utena wasnt the one to take care of Mr. Roo in the end, 0/10
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 5, 2020 4:43 AM

Apr 2015
Ikuni's a consistently brilliant comedy writer.

He just doesn't do all that much of it.
Aug 5, 2020 9:03 AM

May 2018
this episode was... how should i put it? a bit out there in terms of realism. it felt like i was watching a strange dream
Dec 19, 2020 9:22 AM

Aug 2018
This is definitely one of the weirder episodes.
_______I like rocks__
Jan 20, 2021 1:52 AM

Nov 2018
Such theatrics combined with comedy and real character depth.
I love it.
I hate everyone equally
Feb 2, 2021 4:16 PM

Dec 2013
Didn't expect that ^^ funny episode. Weird way to present relationship between siblings i suppose.
Apr 12, 2021 11:50 PM

Jul 2016
Touga walking around beating massive animals when he's not banging Miki's sister.

I'm aware this episode had its message about fated encounters and obsessive love but god, its execution was plain awful.
Only thing I liked was the slight resemblance between Utena and Tsuwabuki regarding how obsessed one can become due to a significant childhood encounter. Hopefully, Utena won't become as "crazy" when her so-called prince appears.
Apr 26, 2021 2:50 PM
Nov 2020
The first product placement of the show: a FILA jacket!
ilalocheziaApr 26, 2021 10:16 PM
Mar 7, 2022 5:44 AM

Jan 2022
Saionji and Nanami are perfect for eachother, both have some sort of sick and twisted view of relationships! Seriously though, what is up with Nanami? Couldn't get with her brother so she got with a child instead?

Also I guess Nanami is supposed to be like the comedic relief filler episode kinda character, but out of the 2 fillers so far I've not really liked either of them
Mar 31, 2022 8:48 PM

Feb 2021
Why do anime have such waste fillers which don't provide anything to the plot?
Apr 24, 2022 8:18 PM
Jun 2014
There are cars and baseball in this world?? If people can do magic why are there cars?

Anyway, this was a hilarious but strange episode. It seems to be telling us not to take things seriously, but on the other hand the topics and themes are pretty heavy. At least Anthy didn't get slapped.
Sep 1, 2022 5:58 PM

May 2022
this episode was weird, Nanami is a bitch for using Tsuwanbuki, a little kid to fight 3 older students, which is messed up. not only was she a bully previously, but she wanted to go out with Tsuwanbuki. Nanami needs to be a taught a lesson and not jump to conclusions, such as when Touga was only deciding whether to kill garden bugs, how could she misunderstand that? I liked the kangaroo fight though. 3/5
Oct 5, 2022 5:37 AM

Jul 2014
I hope Nanami becomes relevant soon, because so far I don't understand why she's here and she's just annoying and unfunny, as well as unrealistically stupid: how would anyone hear Touga and Anthy's conversation in the greenhouse and think they're talking about killing a person? And yes, Utena is also dumb there, but at least she actually contributes to the plot and isn't perpetually annoying.
Nov 20, 2022 10:22 AM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
AwesomeAli2832 said:
this episode was weird, Nanami is a bitch for using Tsuwanbuki, a little kid to fight 3 older students, which is messed up. not only was she a bully previously, but she wanted to go out with Tsuwanbuki. Nanami needs to be a taught a lesson and not jump to conclusions, such as when Touga was only deciding whether to kill garden bugs, how could she misunderstand that? I liked the kangaroo fight though. 3/5

I agree with pretty much everything that you said. Though all that stuff about the kangaroo, as well as with the bull and the horse, it reminded me of SpyxFamily episode four, which I thought was ridiculous too, for having the same sort of thing. I really do like this series as a whole, and I know that there is a lot of stuff that’s not supposed to make sense. But those things were really kind of over the top.

And you’re absolutely right about Nanami being a bully previously, and I just rolled my eyes when she was playing the victim with all the stuff that was happening to her. Not that she should be killed for it of course, but seriously, talk about ridiculous hypocritical BS!
Feb 25, 2023 9:28 AM
Feb 2023
please no more nanami centered episodes :)
Apr 4, 2023 9:59 PM

Jun 2017
that shit was funny more please  
Jul 2, 2023 5:19 PM
Feb 2021
I'm... Hmm. This was a really bizarre episode. I guess it makes sense to establish more of Touga's grip on everyone, but goddamn how strange.

I hope some things will be explained more soon, because I'm really curious about the world more than anything. It's said to need a "revolution" by the student counsel, but I can't make out whether this takes place in Italy, Japan, or something else.

Probably the weakest episode so far. Also, Idk why Utena wants to be friends with the siscon guy, he's kinda a bitch.
Oct 7, 2023 8:00 PM
Oct 2022
Didn't like the incestuous and pedophilic themes of this episode...
Oct 18, 2023 7:43 PM
Oct 2020
Funny episode. Probably my favorite episode so far. Green hair getting ignored was the best. Then the kangaroo getting knocked out was great.
Oct 18, 2023 9:14 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to cambreezy
Didn't like the incestuous and pedophilic themes of this episode...
@cambreezy, excellent. It was never presented to be likable or without care.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Mar 12, 9:59 AM

Mar 2013
Why the hell is no one in the comment section disgusted by the pedophilia?? Why is this condoned and everyone talking about the fucking kangaroo. You guys are all gross as hell for condoning this.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 19, 3:18 PM
Aug 2017
I don't even know how to process this weird ass episode. From Nanami's emotionally incestuous relationship with her brother to her dating an elementary schooler and then subsequently treating him like a slave to the MULTIPLE animal attacks as plot devices. Said elementary schooler confusing the concept of boyfriend and brother and eventually getting adopted. Truly what were the writers smoking when they did this one.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Apr 25, 2009

53 by LLG »»
Apr 17, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Apr 25, 2009

59 by Barrou2a »»
Mar 30, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - May 2, 2009

63 by zaverix »»
Mar 21, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Apr 8, 2009

77 by Superkitty21 »»
Mar 19, 9:15 PM

» Looking for a good explanation video

LoveYourEyes - Mar 19

3 by 1coolgirl2b »»
Mar 19, 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.