Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 14, 2019 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, action picked up again big time this episode. The monsters they faced together were all bloodthirsty too.

I guess this episode was a chance to show how much Rin has improved and also what Remia really capable of. I don't personally find it that surprising though. Taichi also seems to developed more trust in Anna.
Aug 14, 2019 7:32 AM

Aug 2013
A lot of goblins in this episode. Someone should call the Goblin Slayer.

We saw how powerful Rin is in this episode, using the knowledge of her own world.

Aug 14, 2019 7:50 AM
Feb 2009
goblin slayer isn't even enough to save this show at this point
Aug 14, 2019 8:14 AM

Jul 2012
It still blows my mind and I assume that it will countinue to until it stops airing. The bounds of averageness have been crossed and nothing will stop this show. I honestly think that this is the most generic anime that ever aired.

Classic cheesy save, felt so forced too.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2019 8:35 AM

Jul 2015
I'm not even sure why I'm still trying to watch this. Maybe because I keep expecting something might happen.

I think it is time to drop.

Aug 14, 2019 8:57 AM

Sep 2018
AdrianRubinsky said:
Maybe because I keep expecting something might happen.

Wow, praise for you, if you were expecting anything, from it, from the start.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Aug 14, 2019 9:19 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
I liked this episode for a few minutes , until stupid twin attacked by their own summon . I think they will be good antagonist but ....... yea, they are the worst one

Finally, drop the whole show after watch 6 boring ( the last is so stupid ) episodes
Aug 14, 2019 9:24 AM

Nov 2016
Yeah, I definitely needed some Goblins in this series.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 14, 2019 9:57 AM

Feb 2016
Yeah, this is a lost cause -dropped.
Aug 14, 2019 10:13 AM

Feb 2010
...that Goblin Slayer reference
Aug 14, 2019 12:00 PM

Mar 2018
Oof..
Taichi picking up 2 new girls and
setting up flags with Rin and Ana this ep

The fights were kinda lame imo. Like idk the whole steam explosion was just a lil tease-away from scene-suddenly all finished
Was interesting to see that grin on the bad ones face, so hes not always "calm" and fake smiling

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 14, 2019 12:07 PM

Aug 2018
Lmao, giving goblins a rapist side, as if it was supposed to scare anyone (with other shows, yes it would have).

This battle was not really impressive honestly, despite the number of high level spells. I was just amused by the 2 "evil wannabe loli twins" who got tamed in a blink of an eye by Taichi.
Aug 14, 2019 12:44 PM

Oct 2018
Definitely an improvement compared to the previous episodes

This one was just simply bad, not terrible
Aug 14, 2019 2:06 PM

Dec 2016
mediocrity of this episode and entire anime is really scary with wasted potential especially in this episode, there were a lot characters that could show their power/abilities but we didn't see it like ex-assassin Anna which always say she is "ex-assassin" but we don't see nothing from her.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Aug 14, 2019 3:20 PM

Feb 2015
The author of this show is and absolute joke. Every concept has been done before in this show and better. It's not even subtle, now we get Goblins? Throw in Loli magicians and a dull as dishwater antagonist and hey presto, another shit sandwich of an episode.
Aug 14, 2019 4:19 PM

Dec 2016
Wow! Those 2 little twins talking about like it was about to become goblin slayer.

Either way probably a good idea to rescue them and have them possibly join the party?

As Taichi said they are strong so they would be very useful to have around.

Always nice having having today's knowledge in worlds like that, that was quite the explosion and took out most of the enemies.

Teacher was very impressive to watch, I enjoyed that.

Great save at the end there, looking forward to seeing what he summons next time.
Aug 14, 2019 5:41 PM
Aug 2019
One of the best anime ever made
Aug 14, 2019 5:41 PM
Aug 2019
Aug 14, 2019 7:04 PM

Aug 2014
CheatMagician said:
I agree. I rate this Isekai anime 10/10.
Aug 14, 2019 9:20 PM
Apr 2013
Rin is such a dumbass. Just because your attack failed doesn't mean you just drop to your knees and wait to be killed. And if she actually didn't have time to dodge then the writers, animators and storyboarders all did a piss poor job of having that come across.

Though I guess my behavior is just as illogical since this has become the 2nd show this season that I'm essentially just hate-watching at this point.

And I've said that isekai series are like a guilty pleasure junk food for me. However this show and its protagonist are like if someone took an off-brand bag of plain chips and then somehow made them even more generic than they already were to the point of any and all flavor being non-existent.
SolioquyAug 15, 2019 1:26 PM
Aug 14, 2019 9:39 PM

Feb 2009
pacmen123456 said:
CheatMagician said:
I agree. I rate this Isekai anime 10/10.

So I'm not the only one that is having fun with this anime.
Aug 14, 2019 10:11 PM
Jun 2019
CheatMagician said:

Is this you, Elementex? :P
Aug 14, 2019 11:01 PM
Dec 2017
I love this anime too.

Especially the part where the Lili twins go from mass murdering, child rapists to being cute loli girl pets to the main character. Such great writing. A+ 10/10 Best anime ever!
Aug 15, 2019 1:41 AM

Mar 2014
Predictable he'd jump in at that exact moment, though mildly surprised he heard her low-key confession. I'm betting he'll have convenient MC amnesia and forget it after the fight (probably after he passes out from using his new Summoner powers in the next episode). If he actually remembers the confession and does anything about it I'll be surprised.

Glad Ana is ok. Though the series has been relatively toothless so far it keeps giving me the feeling it wants to make a dark turn
Aug 15, 2019 2:56 AM

Jul 2017
Really wondering what is the enemy thinking at this point: a point to prove that the magicheats could outwit the impending goblin attack.

And the Goblin Slayer reference...I'd bet even said title does the whole thing better by a million times. The 2 incompetent lolis can't do their job right, and eventually became Taichi's right-hand lolis...and the thing about Ana that I cannot fathom just yet is her role in this travesty.

Rin, Myura and Lemiya are given the task of their lives under danger to stop the movement, but against the OPed Crimson Pact monsters, it's too far a stretch for a low-key confession from Rin to Taichi, that is the one thing I absolutely hate AND abhor, is the "damsel in distress" moment. Like WHAT THE HELL?

@Solioquy si you finally caught onto the absolute excessive mediocrity of this series? That's sad...this was pretty much a copy-paste idea of the author whose ambition is just to steal ideas and make it his own by combining all of the tropes together. It does not get more "LESS" average than this. It's just...astoundingly mediocre to the fullest.
Aug 15, 2019 4:13 AM

Jan 2016
Rin's "bomb" was mind-bogglingly stupid, she just wasted a bunch of mana while she could've just made on big explosion! Or maybe just electrocute them all when they were in the water.

The worst thing about this show isn't how generic it is, it's how little the animaters care for this. Every battle is just colored panels with sound and as soon as they make an effort to animate something, it gets cut off to save time and resources.

But I've seen worse Isekais, how is this at a score of below 6? By MAL standards it should at least be 6.5

Aug 15, 2019 4:23 AM

Jan 2015
This anime is pretty bad yet I cannot stop watching it. I have to admit though that I think that the anime has improved since the beginning. It's actually getting less ''bad''.

Aug 15, 2019 4:33 AM
Aug 2018
tiwibo said:
CheatMagician said:

@elementex working overtime promoting anime for his studio bosses with alt accounts.😂
Aug 15, 2019 6:43 AM

Feb 2017
Ugh watching Rin spout science only to then apply it poorly is so annoying, she even names a focused electric discharge "railgun", though I would love to see an isekai MC with how she is setup while using actual science.

Would be interesting to see a MC that's OP not due to whatever power he got when he got transported but due knowledge he had from his previous world(I guess that's why Dr. stone is so popular and why arifureta is tolerated) and no coding is not a choice and even less when your character is some "l33t h4x0rz" that is able to write whole programs in fractions of a second i.e. unrealistic.
Aug 15, 2019 6:52 AM

Nov 2013
CheatMagician said:

Had to be an alt to say this.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Aug 15, 2019 7:06 AM
Jun 2019
DjangoUnchained2 said:
tiwibo said:

@elementex working overtime promoting anime for his studio bosses with alt accounts.😂

Won't be surprising if it's his alt. He did say that he had to rate some anime 10/10 to counteract the 1-voters even though the graphs look normal. And he said it twice already as (if) he has learned nothing.
Aug 15, 2019 9:06 AM

Apr 2013
It occasionally bothers me in anime when a character can be super evil, but then MC forgives them, or saves them or show them sympathy and then all of the sudden the villain is good. Those little earth mage bitches were good to go with the murdering and eating of children and the raping of women, but suddenly that's all washed away and they're good now cause MC saved them? That's lame. I hope they are seriously held to account for their actions.
Aug 15, 2019 10:43 AM
Jun 2017
As an isekai fan, this is way to generic... hahaha...
Aug 15, 2019 11:17 AM

Jan 2013
Can she be anymore pathetic?

Aug 15, 2019 12:32 PM
Apr 2019
tiwibo said:
CheatMagician said:

I mean, why would I write that? While I do enjoy the show, I don't think it's the best anime ever made. It doesn't come close to kenja, and even this season it's behind fireforce and kanata no astra for me.
Aug 15, 2019 12:33 PM

Nov 2010
Takahashi Rie must feel disappointed seeing Rin's explosion being so feeble. Not really a match for Megumin's
Aug 15, 2019 1:37 PM
Apr 2013
@KANLen09 I realized the blandness from the beginning though it wasn't until this episode that the characters began to actively annoy me. 🤔
Aug 15, 2019 3:42 PM

Oct 2013
I skipped almost every scene the big tittied assassin waifu and the twin lickum-lolis weren't in.
Aug 15, 2019 3:45 PM

Oct 2013
Otorez said:
Lmao, giving goblins a rapist side, as if it was supposed to scare anyone (with other shows, yes it would have).

This battle was not really impressive honestly, despite the number of high level spells. I was just amused by the 2 "evil wannabe loli twins" who got tamed in a blink of an eye by Taichi.
I'm just waiting for this to take a huge 180 and turn into the best hentai ever! GOBLIN RAPE NTR LOLI ELF tags activate!
Aug 15, 2019 5:18 PM
Jun 2019
elementex said:
tiwibo said:

I mean, why would I write that? While I do enjoy the show, I don't think it's the best anime ever made. It doesn't come close to kenja, and even this season it's behind fireforce and kanata no astra for me.

"It's behind fireforce and kanata no astra so it's 10/10 for me."
Check again. It says "one of the best", not "the best." Since you keep saying that this is the Number 2 isekai just behind Mago, there's a ground for presumption that you would write the message yourself.
Also, I did mention in my second post here that you felt the need to 10 everything that has 1-voters. So, would it be surprising if it's really you? Yes, you could've written the message using the main account but it will take alts to tamper with the score so might as well write something with the alt.
Aside from that, despite how simple the message posted by the alt is, it really screams your pattern, especially back in the early days on that Mago board. Just rate it 10/10 and write "_____ the best anime ever made" on every episode before I came in.
Aug 15, 2019 8:27 PM

Feb 2015
Fuck, I love isekai anime, but this one is fucking awful. The writing's abysmal, the voice acting is subpar, the characters are bland (like most isekai, so I can't really fault it there), the setting is generic, and the story is so bad, I'd prefer if there wasn't one at all. I'll finish the anime, but I doubt I'll enjoy it.
Aug 16, 2019 10:05 PM

Aug 2018
The ep was good until that forced drama in the end when taichi saved Rin lmao

Rin was really smart i like her a lot as character with Myura and Lemiya the only good characters in this series
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Aug 17, 2019 11:30 AM

Oct 2017
Well this episode was pretty interesting. All three of those girls were great this episode and now its up to Taichi to finish things up.
Aug 17, 2019 9:57 PM
Mar 2017
Well, Taichi not only saved Anastasia from the golem, but later he saved two lolis who lost control of the crimson goblins.
While on the surface, Rin and Myura help prepare the troops to be able to face the army of monsters, but for their luck the hot Lemiya will join the battle.

Rin is too OP thanks to the knowledge of her homeworld, that giant attack gave them a great advantage, but this lasted very little since crimson monsters appear and they are out of control.
Lemiya did not stay behind either and showed why she is a recognized sorceress.
I insist that I liked the chemistry between Anastasia and Taichi, they make a good duo in combat and as a couple they would not be bad, of course if Rin decides and beats Anastasia (hahaha, as if that happened, the childhood friend always takes a long time to confess)

With only three crimson ogres remaining, the three girls take care of them, but Rin is very exhausted and the ogre prepares to kill her and before she says her last words, Taichi arrives and saves her in time, as the classic childhood friend would do.
By the name of the following episode I can assume that we will see Aerial again, I hope that this time I cooperate with Taichi accordingly so that he does not end up almost dying like the last time.
Aug 17, 2019 10:01 PM

Feb 2019
say what you will about this being generic isekai trash, I like it and it's popular in Japan so.
Aug 18, 2019 11:37 AM

Aug 2019
Superns18 said:
say what you will about this being generic isekai trash, I like it and it's popular in Japan so.

They can all rant but at the end of the day, it is popular so the trend will continue. Producers doesn't give a fuck about MAL.
Aug 19, 2019 5:42 AM

Jul 2014
What happen to isekai anime, once it was one of my favorite genre, but now they keep producing terrible production like this lately..
Aug 19, 2019 11:21 AM

Oct 2015
Crocospect22 said:
What happen to isekai anime, once it was one of my favorite genre, but now they keep producing terrible production like this lately..
except it is not a genre, but a setting
Aug 19, 2019 12:31 PM
Jan 2019
Rin wore his magical combo of phreatic explosion, Lemiya too. It was a good episode, but that silly girls, Melo and Milo, almost also die because of their stupidity. It is a relief that Ana is well, I like her character, she is so beautiful. Well done, Taichi, destroyed all those damn goblins, there was no need to call Goblin Slayer, hahaha.

Can you imagine that in the end Taichi has a relationship with Ana? I would like to, but poor Rin 😅.
Aug 19, 2019 7:05 PM
Apr 2019
Crocospect22 said:

Not sure what you mean? This is an above average isekai, the milf isekai is also very good and then there is kenja which is the GOAT. Shield hero easy top 5 for most people. Arifureta is pretty good as well if you can get past the cgi Slime isekai is up there as well. I would say this is easily the best year of isekai ever.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

68 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 2, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

221 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 2, 3:36 AM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

100 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2019

40 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

32 by Seabury »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.