Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2019 3:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it's team Pegasus, Erza, and Jellal taking on Acnologia. Good God, I still can't get over how ridiculous Ichiya is even in this timeline.

Natsu is still powering up to fight against Zeref. Too bad Mavis had to jump in the way although I can't say I'm that surprised. The cliffhanger though.
Aug 10, 2019 5:08 PM

Feb 2013
Cool power up, all white.
Aug 10, 2019 7:30 PM

Jul 2017
Acnologia's character is too obscure now, his motives have been messed around with too much for convenience's sake at this point.

Aug 10, 2019 7:58 PM

Dec 2016
Natsu vs Zeref so far is bad not much going on except punches , the moment the fight going up Mavis stopped them😷

Anyway I like some Jerza cute moments this episode❤💙
Aug 10, 2019 8:12 PM

Oct 2015
Natsu's DragonForce is awesome but I wish it had little wings or some thing, or maybe his hair changes or something to make him more appealing.
Zeref's white form is a little bit better but tacky a bit.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 10, 2019 9:09 PM

Feb 2016
I can get that things are finishing off and the random power ups, shitty animation and massive plot holes are inevitable but did they need to make it so damn boring?

This is the final stretch of a battle shounen: We should be getting fast paced, despirate and epic fights -instead we get drawn out bouts of staring/exposition and characters suddenly becoming retarded (like Mavis and Acnologia).
Aug 10, 2019 10:02 PM
Jul 2018
KR_P said:
I can get that things are finishing off and the random power ups, shitty animation and massive plot holes are inevitable but did they need to make it so damn boring?

This is the final stretch of a battle shounen: We should be getting fast paced, despirate and epic fights -instead we get drawn out bouts of staring/exposition and characters suddenly becoming retarded (like Mavis and Acnologia).

A1 Studios is the ones to blame for that they had plenty of time to
Add Anime only fighting scenes
Aug 10, 2019 10:04 PM
Jul 2018
KR_P said:

Acnologia's fights are going to be better just wait for them around ep 49
They are adapting 2 chapters ever since ep 39 of final season
removed-userAug 10, 2019 11:11 PM
Aug 10, 2019 10:51 PM

Jun 2019
So Natsu v/s Zeref and Erza & Jellal v/s Acnologia. HUH?
This is getting intense now and I'm lovin' it.
Aug 10, 2019 11:17 PM

Jan 2009
what a coincidence that Zeref closes the rift of time the moment Acnologia was gonna touch it and that made Anna's plan fail big time

now that Zeref got unlimited magic power lets see how he will defeat Acnologia
Aug 10, 2019 11:28 PM

Dec 2014
like zeref new form seems ridiculous or is it just me
Aug 11, 2019 12:19 AM

Feb 2014
Zeref Requim Unleashed!!! The end is near.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 11, 2019 1:17 AM

May 2012
Zeref went all final-final boss mode. Let's see how the fight turns out.
Aug 11, 2019 1:34 AM
Jan 2019
great story
lame animation
i feel empty
Aug 11, 2019 1:56 AM

Aug 2013
Zeref took fairy heart from Mavis. Wonder what will happen to her.

Aug 11, 2019 2:20 AM

May 2015
Zeref pedotouch made him white.!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 11, 2019 2:59 AM

Oct 2015
I liked it how Mavis had an idea that could change everything, and Zeref went "nope", and stole Mavis' magic power before even listening. An awfully convinient way to steal her powers.

We have just a few episodes left, yet we just learnt about something as extremely crucial for both sides, as the "Time rift". And how convinient it is that one of the villains made it useless for the mc's to use it against the other villain.

And there are other way too convinient things coming up.
Also Acnologia seems like some random wild dragon at this point. He doesn't have any personality, no motives, he's just a beast.
This is where it becomes really visible how rushed the manga was at the end.

I don't know what Zeref's form reminds me of. It looks like some final boss of a game, but can't come up with any similar bosses from games.
Aug 11, 2019 3:57 AM
Aug 2013
Slim_Lamie said:

I don't know what Zeref's form reminds me of. It looks like some final boss of a game, but can't come up with any similar bosses from games.

From my experience Artorius final form, from Tales of berseria would come closest to his new form i guess.

Also yeah great plan from the first master "let me talk to him".
Aug 11, 2019 4:07 AM

Apr 2013
Good job Mavis, that was a really great plan. As expected from a great strategist... not. Also there's barely any animation in this show anymore :/
Aug 11, 2019 7:04 AM

Apr 2014
things have just been getting worse and worse as its getting closer to the end hopefully things get better in the upcoming eps
"one step at a time"
Aug 11, 2019 9:45 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Zeref is now the almighty White mage. Poor Mavis for having her magic taken taken away after trying to talk Zeref out of it.
Aug 11, 2019 10:33 AM

Jul 2019
At this point I am just watching because I've watched all the episodes up until this point. Its been the same 5 characters the last few episodes--oh well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2019 10:39 AM

May 2010
when this show ends all people will remember it by is "the animation was always trash"

cause its true. so much wasted potential.
Aug 11, 2019 2:47 PM

Mar 2017
I hate to say this because i'm a huge Fairy Tail fan but this season has been so disappointing. This was supposed to be the big show down and so far it's been so fucking tame... Tartaros was a more devastating opponent than Acnologia and Zeref put together. Also there just isn't enough episodes left for this to end well.
Aug 12, 2019 4:06 AM
Jul 2018
papsoshea said:
So Fairy Heart is everlasting power (Mavis actual power), and Zeref turned into God lol but God stands no chance against the power of friendship.

Power of Friendship wasn't used in Zeref's final battle it was something else You will see it This week ( Monday here )

Besides Natsu's strength should have been obvious ever since he took One Year of Trainng The moment he melted GMG arena should be obvious enough he got much stronger
You guys keep thinking This is Pre Timeskip Natsu But it's Timeskip Natsu there's big difference between the two
Timeskip Natsu oneshotting a War God should be obvious He got much stronger compared to Tartaros arc

Avatar arc was to show Team Natsu's Strength after 1 Year Timeskip

kater_tot said:
I hate to say this because i'm a huge Fairy Tail fan but this season has been so disappointing. This was supposed to be the big show down and so far it's been so fucking tame... Tartaros was a more devastating opponent than Acnologia and Zeref put together. Also there just isn't enough episodes left for this to end well.

True (But) it only fell apart at Spriggans 12 reunion at FT guild
The only thing that (Hopefully) will help it is Acnologia's final battle ( IF Hiro keep his word of , *One of the characters that I think of is Acnologia. In my mind I had a deeper setting for this character,”

“But the story is from the main character's point of view, so I couldn't really do that. I may have some time to explore the story of Acnologia at some point.”*)

Source
https://comicbook.com/anime/2017/11/23/fairy-tail-acnologia-anime-manga-hiro-mashima/

Slim_Lamie said:
I liked it how Mavis had an idea that could change everything, and Zeref went "nope", and stole Mavis' magic power before even listening. An awfully convinient way to steal her powers.

We have just a few episodes left, yet we just learnt about something as extremely crucial for both sides, as the "Time rift". And how convinient it is that one of the villains made it useless for the mc's to use it against the other villain.

And there are other way too convinient things coming up.
Also Acnologia seems like some random wild dragon at this point. He doesn't have any personality, no motives, he's just a beast.
This is where it becomes really visible how rushed the manga was at the end.

At ( This is where it becomes really visible how rushed the manga was at the end.)
It begun getting rushed in Spriggans 12's reunion
Just because of (New Manga Edens Zero ) which is a bad move

Mod edit: fixed triple post
BarnaldAug 17, 2019 12:49 AM
Aug 12, 2019 10:37 AM

Oct 2017
So much for their great plan lmao.
Aug 12, 2019 2:51 PM

Aug 2017
Can't wait for the final fight against Zeref, yeahhh
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 12, 2019 7:36 PM
Feb 2018
Okay so correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Zeref need Irene remove the fairy heart? And she escaped so Irene couldn’t finish the extraction, if he could so easily do that what was Irene even doing in those episodes that they had Mavis ? It would have made more sense that with Irene dying Zeref wouldn’t be able to get the fairy heart anymore. You
Aug 12, 2019 9:01 PM
Mar 2015
Zeref gets to try his plan by stealing Fairy Heart from Mavis so that he can create NeoElipse to open the rift back to a time before Acnologia became powerful
Aug 17, 2019 12:50 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Thread cleaned

Removed insults and baiting
Aug 23, 2019 5:31 AM

Feb 2015
Really, Mavis? You're one of my favourites, but interrupting my DRAGON FORCE? Unforgivable!
Sep 2, 2019 6:44 PM

Sep 2017
I'm still finding myself root for Zeref. His plan is pretty selfless in some ways. It's pretty much a meme how Zeref happened to close the rift right as bad Ancologia was about to fly through. Classic FT move. Speaking of, I'm pretty sure Ancologia could literally annihilate the Blue Pegasus ship in a second if he actually used his roar, but FT tends to lack logic.
Sep 5, 2019 11:35 PM

Dec 2013
Zeref’s plan isn’t actually that bad.

It’s interesting how easily Zeref took Fairy Heart considering how long it was taking Irene to do the same thing lol
Sep 17, 2019 2:03 AM

Oct 2013
The romantic subplot between Zeref and Mavis is my favorite part of the show right now...

"This is the beautiful place where I found you and you found me."

:'(

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 23, 2019 1:54 PM

May 2014
Zeref is really a psycho with strange fetishes. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Acnologia is rampaging to kill Wendy. The plot armor that he used that much time to reach the ship and not only that but he is still chasing them. Daym the plot armor is strong here.

Zeref's new form make him look so much more sexy than before.

So he has obtained the Fairy Heart. Makes me wonder what kind of plan Mavis had in her mind. To strip and strike him right after that? Anyone who figured it out without spoiling any content further in the season? Well, he have become OP and it need a hard plot armor to stop him now. I guess Natsu miraculously will get that too. ^^

PS! It have occurred me recently that Kabuto from Naruto and Zeref has the same VA. The way he say "boku=I" is a special trait unique to this VA.
mangalicker94Sep 23, 2019 2:01 PM
Sep 23, 2019 2:08 PM

May 2014
ProofByColor said:
Speaking of, I'm pretty sure Ancologia could literally annihilate the Blue Pegasus ship in a second if he actually used his roar, but FT tends to lack logic.

That's what we call plot armor. We find that in every anime out there. ^^
Oct 8, 2019 10:55 PM

Dec 2012
Barrel roll! Men!
Acnologia touched it.
He went through it.
Its visible.
Its closing?
Zeref closed it.
LMAO! Acnologia started vomitting.
They opened the book.
Mavis.
Dragon Force.
Mavis gets in the way.
Oh! They almost showed Mavis pussy... cat.
Dat transformation.
Dat ending.

Zeref said he took all of her magic power. So why her illusion clothes didn't disappear? lol

2 chapters. When Lucy opened the book, it said Natsu Dragneel on the page, but they didn't show that. They didn't show that there are other people in the ship during the explosion.
RobOct 8, 2019 11:03 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 20, 2019 12:41 AM

Sep 2012
mavis is fking idiot stopping the fight and tries to talk with him
Sugram22Nov 20, 2019 12:44 AM
Nov 20, 2019 12:43 AM

Sep 2012
mangalicker94 said:
ProofByColor said:
Speaking of, I'm pretty sure Ancologia could literally annihilate the Blue Pegasus ship in a second if he actually used his roar, but FT tends to lack logic.

That's what we call plot armor. We find that in every anime out there. ^^

no hes just toying with them its nothing to do with plot armor

Jul 17, 2020 9:41 AM

Jul 2015
Truly a great plan there Mavis, I wish she could have told it a bit sooner. So if Zeref could extract Fairy heart himself in few seconds why did he bother to let Irene do it in a slow and less painful way....

Sep 5, 2020 4:12 AM

May 2018
white Zeref is pretty cool ngl
Mar 13, 2022 1:36 PM
Sep 2020
5/5 apparently black and white equals bleach lol, consistent hype being maintained
Mar 26, 2022 7:36 PM

May 2020
LOL of course the exact second Acnologia flew through the time rift (which itself was just introduced at random like an episode ago anyway), was the point Zeref was closing it...

The weird plot contrivances this show comes up with at a moment's notice, only to get invalidated instantly is hilarious...

Edit: Also love how earlier Zeref needed Irene to extract Mavis's magic power/Fairy Heart, which was supposed to be a delicate, methodical & time consuming procedure, yet he just does it himself in like a few seconds once he grabs her... Ok, guess that earlier stuff was pointless?

Not surprising though, they never even explained how Fairy Heart came to be, how it was just "discovered" when Precht was doing research on Mavis while she was frozen, or how it gives unlimited magical power either.

Unless I missed it, they also never explained why Mavis's physical body is suddenly fine, even though the whole reason she was placed in the lacrima was because she was basically dead, unable to move & only alive by in a technical sense. If she could move around & function 100% fine, what was the point in keeping her in the lacrima all this time? Precht had long finished his experiments, so...

Lastly, Mavis told Cana (or whoever, can't remember) she NEEDED to get back to her real body for her plan to work. So Cana did what she was told, broke her lacrima, and.... what changed except making her get repeatedly captured easier? With her unlimited magical power, why did Makarov use Fairy Law & not Mavis?

There's just so much nonsense going on it's like they want us to remember nothing between episodes...

THE_BigDingusMar 26, 2022 7:53 PM
“No, you can’t have a show where everybody’s Krillin!” – Shinpachi
Oct 2, 2022 1:00 AM

May 2020
Things not making sense but okay things are about to over either way. Anyways so Mavis's grand plan was just to convince Zeref that she indeed could reverse his immortality.. and here I thought she was smart enough.

Also they made a baby in the middle of a river? LMAO.
Oct 22, 2022 6:39 PM

Aug 2019
More Jellal and Erza content please!!!

I swear if they're not married by the end this season

Mavis plan was terrible
Apr 16, 2023 11:05 AM

Nov 2010
Jenny should've stripped! I'm sure even Acnologia couldn't resist her sexy body!
Zeref's new form looks cool!
I'm still curious about what kind of plan Mavis had in mind to beat Zeref.
Aug 28, 2023 4:54 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Kerozinn said:
when this show ends all people will remember it by is "the animation was always trash"

cause its true. so much wasted potential.
Got a point tbh. I just keep thinking how much better the manga must be haha

More topics from this board

» What is the reason for so much hatred for fairy tail series ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Jan 29

46 by Arminken »»
Yesterday, 12:30 AM

» Any theories ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 3

16 by MiraStraussFan99 »»
Mar 10, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

202 by amlg »»
Jan 25, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

60 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2019

38 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.