Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 16, 2019 2:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, more focus on William. Imo, he's one of those mysterious but also interesting characters in the show. Everything about him makes me wonder his real intentions.

Qiuite an eerie episode if you ask me.
Jul 16, 2019 3:57 AM

Mar 2008
So golden boy was Licht all along. The fight so far is awesome. Also, I'm calling it, Julius is gonna die for plot sake to make the others work harder to become wizard king.
AnimeJunkyJul 16, 2019 4:06 AM
Jul 16, 2019 4:16 AM

Nov 2016
There was no other way, but I was still very tense during the reveal. William and Licht sharing a body is something I didn't expect, tho.

The fight is very hype so far and Julius is definitely OP. They still showed a weakness of his, I wonder what happens if he runs out of stored time. Guess Licht will exploit that in a nasty way.

And hahahaha, best Petit Clover episode ever. Also liked the visual changes in the opening.

Looking forward to the rest of the fight, but boy, the Julius death flag is too real. The episode title for 93 is the final nail in the coffin:S

@Mei-o_Scarlett pls shut up :-*

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 16, 2019 4:22 AM

Jan 2018
This episode delivered! First they updated the Opening V2 with subtle meanings, clues and the Wizard King and the Midnight Eye Leader fight, it was amazing! Next the fight was well done I got chills! I'm seriously holding my breath when I watching it! Next week (preview) episode couldn't come any longer and knowing it would be the best episode the wait is killing me!
Jul 16, 2019 4:23 AM

Oct 2015
also impressed they changed the opening tho
since we're getting a new one at around august,
good effort pierrot
:blobpat:
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jul 16, 2019 4:33 AM
Jan 2018
I’ll say it, this anime lacks good soundtrack. This fight felt incredibly lack luster, like there was no heavyweight to it. Just pretty animation isn’t going to cut it and as someone who reads the manga, this fight is already almost over.
Jul 16, 2019 4:52 AM
Jun 2015
OGAnime said:
I’ll say it, this anime lacks good soundtrack. This fight felt incredibly lack luster, like there was no heavyweight to it. Just pretty animation isn’t going to cut it and as someone who reads the manga, this fight is already almost over.
In other words its should've finished? True but theres still some dialogue ahead before we get to that. Overall it was cool to see.
Jul 16, 2019 4:56 AM

Aug 2012
Why doesn't he throw a bunch of chrono spheres around light? no matter how he moves he will move into one and be blocked. Also I am amazed neither Light or Yami thinks of eliminating/overloading light around the enemy and blind them. they do not have imagination. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtnBtEE_7Pc
Also elves are despicable and every incarnation
Jul 16, 2019 5:16 AM

Aug 2013
So William was Licht all this time. I really don't want Julius to die.

Petit Clover was hilarious.

Jul 16, 2019 5:45 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, so Vangeance was Licht in a way, two souls in one body!
Jul 16, 2019 5:46 AM

Aug 2015
Finally, we get to see Julius in action. I hope he doesn't die. Also, William is Litch?!? I mean, I had a feeling from the beginning but can't believe it actually turned out to be true
Jul 16, 2019 6:27 AM

Apr 2016
I knew it was him , damm cant wait for next episode
BRAWLERS
Jul 16, 2019 7:18 AM

Dec 2015
I would be shocked by this reveal if they didn’t make it so obvious every time they show William on screen lmao.
Jul 16, 2019 7:24 AM

Feb 2018
SimplyKairi said:
I would be shocked by this reveal if they didn’t make it so obvious every time they show William on screen lmao.

When the first time i read this manga, i already expected Licht is Golden Dawn Captain but i didn't expect its two different souls. It also explain why they have different magic despite be in one body. (William had tree magic while Licht had light magic)
Jul 16, 2019 8:03 AM

Jul 2013
William being Licht (or, more excatly, William sharing his body with Licht) wasn't that surprising, considering the series was always hinting they were related (even when he removed his mask to show Yami he wasn't Licht, William still looked suspicious), but, well, it is done and I liked the reveal, so it's all fine.

The battle of Julius and Licht so far has looked pretty good, hopefully next episode they will keep the level. And speaking about next episode,

The new version of the opening is great. I was at first kinda disappointed that Pierrot didn't make a new one after the Spring cour ended, but after seeing this new version, I'm glad they didn't.
Jul 16, 2019 8:07 AM

Dec 2018
The change to the OP ruined the mystery.

Henry's ability is too OP if he can just absorb other people's magic just by getting close to them.

Stealing time eh? Does that mean Licht's lifespan getting shorter after Julius steal his time? lol.

The next episode's title though...... and if it isn't flashback, welp.....
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 16, 2019 8:11 AM

Nov 2010
Julius vs Licht animation was superb wtf!
Jul 16, 2019 8:12 AM
Mar 2019
Finally.... The king is showing his mighty magic.

Jul 16, 2019 8:28 AM

Oct 2017
I’m so glad they’re doing justice to the Julius vs Licht fight!
Jul 16, 2019 9:23 AM

Jul 2017
3rd new visual of the same opening, ONLY THIS TIME, it highlights Licht a.k.a. William Vangeance vs. The Wizard King Julius.

Ever since the anime-original episode about Yami and William's history, that was in the way the 1st foreshadowing of Licht in William. The concept of 2 souls in a body. And even as a manga reader, that foreshadowing still brings eerie thoughts in my mind. Even past occurrences where Fuegoleon was shocked at William's appearance must've been harsh.

But I respect William's loyalty after getting this far in this case, and that moment of reveal, I still wasn't prepared for what lies ahead. And Julius sends his best regards.

And that fight. PURE SAKUGA. A lot of goosebumps. Julius's power is just too OP.

Petit Clover is hilarious, playing with Julius's power.
Jul 16, 2019 9:43 AM

Jul 2017
Damn next episode lowkey spoiling Julius' death? Fight was overall a bit better than some of the lackluster ones we've been getting lately, but still not to that awesome level that some of the other previous fights were (like Licht part 1 or against the first member of the Midnight)
Jul 16, 2019 10:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yup, far too many hints.
Blatantly obvious since the the first version of this Op started that William is somehow related to the Midnight Sun and the fact that the Vice-Captain is influenced too is just more proof for that. With this said though, I certainly didn’t expect Will & Licht to be one person with two sounds somehow. Pretty good buildup to it although it was probably overdone at the start. Solid Sakuga Animation to boot with the fight versus the Wizard King, so that’s another plus! Lol @ poor Yami but he’s definitely picked on something (apparently just like the Wizard King has). More of Henry’s OPness this episode too, lol.

I’m seriously expecting to seeing the end of the Wizard King next episode. Eerie foreshadowing with that next episode preview, in my opinion, much thanks to the live events. If so, I’m really curious as to how much of Licht’s life he’ll manage to take along with him. Licht attacking alone just doesn’t make sense either so I’m guessing there’ll be a surprise attack for him soon enough, looking forward to that.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 16, 2019 1:08 PM

Oct 2017
Watching this part again in the anime made me thnk that Julius really is a bad ass.Also the animation was gd this epi too.
Jul 16, 2019 1:18 PM

Dec 2009
Well it was expected that William was Licht all along, I hope we see backstory on how that happen.

Next episode is going to be very....

Jul 16, 2019 2:14 PM
Mar 2019
OGAnime said:

Ex-fucking-actly that's the only thing bothering me so much. Also it's not the first time it happened, soundtrack was basically absent during the Mereoleona fight as well. Weird, as I don't recall noticing issues like that during Asta's fight versus Ladros or Vetto. They just felt so much more impactful, which is questionable, considering this is the literal WK and THE big bad guy facing off against each other.

I don't know, maybe I'm messed up for being bothered by it so much but it just feels so off
BloxxorJul 16, 2019 2:19 PM
Jul 16, 2019 2:17 PM
Sep 2016
I think this is one of the best episode lf black clover!
Jul 16, 2019 2:19 PM
Jan 2018
Bloxxor said:
OGAnime said:

Ex-fucking-actly that's the only thing bothering me so much. Also it's not the first time it happened, soundtrack was basically absent during the Mereoleona fight as well. Weird, as I don't recall noticing issues like that during Asta's fight versus Ladros or Vetto. They just felt so much more impactful, which is weird, considering this is the literal WK and THE big bad guy facing off against each other.

I don't know, maybe I'm messed up for being bothered by it so much but it just feels so off

The generic soundtrack of BC literally makes every hype moment seem generic or dull as well. They maybe only nailed a few scenes correctly but overall, the soundtrack is what’s tremendously holding back this anime.
Jul 16, 2019 2:45 PM

Jun 2014
Now, this fight was well animated, not like that crap a while back when Asta first transformed.
Jul 16, 2019 4:01 PM
Jan 2013
cool fight, a really freaking long setup with a lot of flashbacks though
Jul 16, 2019 4:41 PM

Oct 2015
We finally got to see Julius in action, so far I ain't impressed by his magic though! What was more surprising about this episode was the fact that William hosts two souls, which means Yami's hunch was spot on.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 16, 2019 4:43 PM
Jun 2015
Illyricus said:
William being Licht (or, more excatly, William sharing his body with Licht) wasn't that surprising, considering the series was always hinting they were related (even when he removed his mask to show Yami he wasn't Licht, William still looked suspicious), but, well, it is done and I liked the reveal, so it's all fine.

The battle of Julius and Licht so far has looked pretty good, hopefully next episode they will keep the level. And speaking about next episode,

The new version of the opening is great. I was at first kinda disappointed that Pierrot didn't make a new one after the Spring cour ended, but after seeing this new version, I'm glad they didn't.
Theyll have the new one in August
Jul 16, 2019 4:46 PM
Jun 2015
Hahahaha. This is such bs to show the soft side of the king. He could kill Litch just like that.
Jul 16, 2019 5:03 PM

Jan 2008
Well, got some new visuals in the opening, which is mostly just showcases the fight that happen this episode. Overall, too much padding the first half but glad they showed some of the fight in the first place.
Jul 16, 2019 5:51 PM

Sep 2017
Ah man 2 banging episodes in a row. Good job black clover. The animation has really been improving as well. That Julius/Litch fight was pretty damn good looking. The reveal was supremely obvious, but at least they added a twist so it's not just like William puts on a wig.
Jul 16, 2019 6:47 PM
Sep 2017
Not a manga reader, so this is purely a guess, but I will cry if Julius dies! He, Yami and Zora are my favorite characters on this show!
Jul 16, 2019 7:56 PM
Jan 2016
So after all William is really Litch! Maybe Langris isn't the traitor, maybe a experiment from Litch!

We got to see some backstories, and that start of fight was really impressive, i really like figth animation, its finally time to see Julius fighting serious, against Litch, i surely will be and wonderful fight, i just hope Julius dont die!

Hyped for next week for sure!
Jul 16, 2019 8:16 PM

Apr 2018
Oh boy amazing episode again, plus new glorious opening visuals, can't wait for the next episode

Jul 16, 2019 9:39 PM
Mar 2015
julius v Licht Love Licht's Petit Clover talents
Jul 16, 2019 9:52 PM

Aug 2017
I'm so glad that I've stayed and watched Black Clover blossom. Amazing episode lets hope that they will be able to execute the next episodes splendidly. Great opening, I'm amazed the difference of its animation to the main story...but heck, I'm still here, anticipating for the next.

Jul 16, 2019 10:41 PM

Jul 2015
Holy shit! Licht is Diavolo!

Jul 17, 2019 3:32 AM

May 2019
I'm glad that Licht wasn't able to overpower Julius, since it would incredibly mess up the power scaling of the series. This was a satisfactory plot development in terms of William's character progression, and I think that overall the episode's summary of previous events and leap in plot was meant to signify the next part of this arc starting.

A very good episode.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jul 17, 2019 4:01 AM

Jan 2017
A glaring issue I found with this episode is how they went on to say time can't be light, yet the speed of light is measured with time and space/time are considered separate entities; if anything, julius should've been the one with the OP magic as he should be able to slow the speed of light.
Anyway, the animation was good this episode, yet -even though I shouldn't- I'm always comparing black clover to previous shounen... oh yeah, and how was the black bulls unaware of that they're in possession of a magic stone
Jul 17, 2019 5:01 AM

Apr 2015
Man I was not expecting there to be two people inside William, Truly surprised me!
Animation seemed better too, Cant wait for next week!!
Jul 17, 2019 6:45 AM

Sep 2016
As my tears come closer and closer...

dont open the spoiler if you haven't read the manga fyi

Jul 17, 2019 8:27 AM
Jun 2016
All of our suspicions were confirmed but I like the way they dealt with it. It gives William a way to still be redeemed. Its hardly his fault that Licht is there too. I dont think Julius is in any real danger. I suspect Yami is going to show up and save the day.
Jul 17, 2019 2:14 PM

Apr 2015
Yes William was very much suspicious as Yami thought, but I didn't expect it to be 2 souls in one body.. Quite the interesting reveal.
Jul 17, 2019 8:55 PM
Jun 2019
Awh poor William, his only precious friends are fighting and somebody will def die
also, if Licht dies is Will outta there too? seems a little selfish

Jul 17, 2019 9:00 PM

Jul 2013
I think everybody knew something was up with William. But I definitely didn't expect that him and Licht share one body. The fight was pretty cool, we got finally the Wizard King in action. His time magic is absolute crazy.

The scene with Yami and these guy who wanted to give him more tea was hilarious :D

I'm not sure about the preview but I would be pissed if something happens to the Wizard King.

Jul 17, 2019 10:22 PM
Mar 2018
Updated opening!!!! The fight scene was really amazing. Was afraid whether Studio Pierrot would mess it up. But it was wonderfully executed
Jul 18, 2019 2:14 AM
Dec 2018
it was really obvious that William was Licht (technically speaking they share the same body) and i think the wizard king is going to die for plot's sake
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

75 by DrCarlosRamos »»
Yesterday, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 144 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2020

35 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2020

49 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 3:49 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 142 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

71 by Vindicater »»
Apr 24, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 141 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2020

75 by Vindicater »»
Apr 23, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.