Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 8, 2020 2:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Asta and those sit-ups lol...

Looks like the episode got a bit chaotic when those masked guys showed. I can't imagine the fear of those kids. Asta and Nero also fell into a trap..I wish they didn't get caught off guard like that. Either way, this episode escalated quickly.

Noel's pretty cool this episode to show up and fight those punks.
Sep 8, 2020 4:05 AM

Jan 2014
While I understand why they'd resort to this. Cause people will feel a deep sadness, and more than likely would want to seek answers from all of this. Mainly from an event as big as what happened with the Elves and the devil. So their hearts may be filled with vengeance, and with Asta being used as a scapegoat to 'blame someone for what happened' they'll of course target him and anyone related to him and who was took over by an elf.

They need serious help pronto before they majorly hurt someone.
Sep 8, 2020 4:38 AM
Sep 2015
This episode change everything, and it's not even from manga.
Never before I see anime original episode that carry a highstake event like this.
Sep 8, 2020 4:52 AM
Apr 2020
I like that they're showing not only the lives of the Magic Knights but also the lives of the citizens of Clover Kingdom. But, as a result of the attacks of the Eye of the Midnight Sun/Elves, another out of misunderstanding alliance was formed, and they are causing chaos. They took Marie and Nero!! This is a reminder that Spade Kingdom is not their only problem, they also need to resolve their internal problems. Noelle looks cool tho.

Rill is cute [12:28].
It seems like they don't like Bah ha that much. He's not in the OP part of Green Praying Mantises, and he's also not in the training. [12:29] lol

Ao_SkySep 8, 2020 5:06 AM
Sep 8, 2020 5:10 AM

Jul 2017
Source: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-09-06/black-clover-anime-starts-new-original-story-casts-himika-akaneya-sayaka-kinoshita/.163711

New intro with the anime-original story about people hating Devils and the like, definitely something that's out of the norm for the series (but still draws parallel to events already happened before).

Even Julius' recommendation of Damnatio holding up with Asta's execution until after the fight of the Spade Kingdom, new characters Kabwe and Dazu seek the revenge of the Devil and his servants more than anything.

Meanwhile, the Black Bulls continue their training...and Asta is gonna keep up his sit-ups like it's nothing we've never seen before.

The masked Devil-haters with their Asta-like mana powers, they won't stop until they get what they could to exact their resolution, even trapping Asta and Nero (as scapegoats) along with it. Thankfully Noelle came to save the day, but Nero and Marie are taken hostage.

Things sure escalate quickly...
Sep 8, 2020 5:18 AM

Oct 2015
lmao this new arc
so its gonna be probably 6? eps maxed
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Sep 8, 2020 8:11 AM

Aug 2013
Things are starting to get dangerous with Marie and Nero now captured. Those devil haters should have picked a better name for themselves.

Sep 8, 2020 8:16 AM

Jul 2013
Well, time for Black Clover to receive its first true filler arc (though this technically fills the void between the time skip of the manga, so it is canon in a sense). And the idea of the filler is interesting, to say the least. Common citizens of the kingdom, blinded by revenge and sadness, taking justice by their own hands and trying to punish those who they believe are responsible for killing their loved ones.

Though some of the moments of the episode were kinda whack, like how these guys who are probably normal citizens gone vigilante made Noelle look like a fool or just how easily they kidnapped Nero and neutralized Asta. I guess they will become stronger laster, cause otherwise this would wbe a one-sided massacre.

Interesting to see whichd evelopment this arc will take, and if Vangeance (who is the biggest responsible in the kingdom for these events) will take part on it. I also find interesting how Damnatio, despite being an ass, is not that radical compared to other members of the Parliament and knows the true priorities the kingdom have to face.

Ao_Blue said:
It seems like they don't like Bah ha that much. He's not in the OP part of Green Praying Mantises, and he's also not in the training. [12:29] lol
Sekke-sama too OP to bother training with mere mortals.
Sep 8, 2020 8:35 AM
Oct 2019
I think it's a great set-up for a decent mini-arc so far. This was definitely more of the direction many would have liked the filler to go I think so it's good now at least that we aren't in the constant barrage of one-off episodes, though I liked many of them.

I'm really interested in the magic of some of these new threats and it definitely seems like Asta's gonna pick himself up and kick ass when he finds them, but for actual satisfaction these current 'nobodies' will definitely need a buff since it wouldn't make much sense for standard vigilantes like them to actually hold them back for long. I hope they keep on building as they are and that looks like the main objective for next episode which is nice to see to try and keep this less linear.

Definitely would have liked to see the main looking trio of vigilantes getting their hands dirty too but that's likely to come in sooner eps, the masked guys of course nobody really cares as much for unless they give them more of a personality soon.

Finally I can definitely feel Asta and Noelle's relationship furthering subtly throughout and it's nice to see, would definitely be cool to see them team up too to get back Nero, been dying to see Asta's devil form and Valkyrie Armour Noelle actually fighting together.

Pretty much couldn't have asked too much more out of this episode given it's intended purpose, definitely solid.

Ed still banging af too
Sep 8, 2020 8:48 AM

Sep 2017
Kind of a weird ep. Had a bit of a different vibe. But I guess this is a new filler arc? Tho I could see this being wrapped up next episode tbh. These guys are not very strong so should prob get their asses beat once the black knights actually get into a real fight. Also not sure I understand the logic with Marie being a demon lover or w/e but sure.
Sep 8, 2020 8:52 AM

Mar 2016
The first filler arc from Black Clover and I kinda like the theme they took, I hope the screenwriters manage to make a good job on next episodes.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Sep 8, 2020 9:12 AM

Oct 2017
A somewhat cliche serious turn of events, I dun really like this type of farce. Nero got kidnapped and Asta was useless lol. Noelle alone couldn't save both of them sadly. Thou XD Marie kidnapper, RIP the kidnappers Gauche gonna kill them.
Sep 8, 2020 9:53 AM
Apr 2017
I like the change of pace and how the theme of the episode is about the people affected by the events from the Eye of the Midnight Sun.
Sep 8, 2020 9:58 AM
Jul 2020
Asta be going ham with them situps LOL

But yeah fun episode exicted to see how they take care of this crazy group of demon hunters
Sep 8, 2020 12:02 PM
May 2020
I was not exactly enjoying the 1 or 2 ep filler arcs, but I am looking forward to this arc. The idea is interesting. Hope the execution is good.
Sep 8, 2020 12:21 PM
Nov 2017
No, not Nero!

Well looks like the Black Bulls are going to go on a rampage soon. Really liking how this arc is starting, and i hope it stays as entertaining throughout.
Sep 8, 2020 1:15 PM
Jul 2019
Let me guess girl being treated by a doctor is a victim of domestic abuse......

Whoa, looks like Kabwe and some member of the magic parliament who don't agree with Lord Damnatio giving Asta some leeway....

You know for someone whose magic specialty is water, it was kinda stupid that Noelle has to go to the kitchen to have some in a glass when she can just produce it outta thin air and just drink it without having to leave the training ground unless her training with Asta is tiring her.

I don't get it, those Devil Banishers only wanted Asta and Nero, so how did Marie got drag into this mess ???? Devil Banisher should've just brought a knife with them and just slit Asta's throat, that way he would've died instantly , besides I hate his character anywayz.

Sep 8, 2020 1:53 PM

Feb 2013
Marie and Nero were kidnapped, not good.
Sep 8, 2020 2:26 PM

Aug 2018
I'm amazed by the fact they beat the Devil, his lieutenants (Vetto, Fana), the Elves are very threatening enemies but still managed to get defeated by 5 random wannabe-avengers.

I found the episode kinda cringe UNTIL I saw Noelle in her Valkyrie form (going from easy-peazy mode to "Asta's being kidnapped, gonna rescue him" mode). As well as Gauche starting to become angry.
Sep 8, 2020 3:22 PM

Jul 2017

o i thought that was gonna be a standalone season not part of the main one

but anywho

not really that convinced on the main duo's motives so to speak. Like she acts all saddened and out for vengeance over her husband and mother (or mother in law?) dying, but literally moments prior was cuddling up to the other lady (mother? motherly figure? lover?) talking about how she didn't want to go back lol

though I guess it's nice to see the perspective of actual baddies this time, though they'll probably end up getting healed through nakama power or smth
Sep 8, 2020 6:34 PM

Jan 2019
It feels cheap when they weakened Asta so much that some nobodies incapacitate Asta and kidnap Nero. Noelle underperformed too. I guess defeating Diamond Kingdom, the Elves, the Witch, and the Devil was just a long string of flukes that yielded no growth for Asta and Noelle.
Sep 8, 2020 7:01 PM
Jun 2017
DEVIL BANISHERS... hmmm.. lets see how they will deal with these people
Sep 8, 2020 8:52 PM

Jan 2017
It was a very interesting chapter, the idea that there are people who hate devils seems very basic but interesting to me, also I think that this arc fills some gaps in the manga, although I hope it is not very long, and by the way, was I the only one What did you see that the two girls from the beginning had something romantic?
"El propio deseo de mantener la paz creo las guerras"Madara Uchiha.

Sep 8, 2020 10:53 PM

Dec 2017
Great episode, hyped for this arc. Gauche looked really angry, and it's gonna be fun seeing him in the upcoming episodes now.

Also pretty funny how Asta had to start over after he lost count lol.
Sep 9, 2020 12:41 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Most of this episode had a different vibe to it, like something totally different and it worked seamlessly. I love how that shift of one manages to capture more of the BC world like it's lived with so many people with regular lives outside of the whole “I want to be the magic king”.
Sep 9, 2020 3:01 AM

Jun 2014
Lol why did they make Asta look handsome in his picture in the newspaper. It would probably be better to make him look scary and threatening xD
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 9, 2020 3:31 AM
Jul 2018
As for a filler episode, it's pretty neat. It actually has a plot, much better than previous ones, but still they were too dumb for blaming Marie and others, I mean they even said themselves that their bodies were taken over by the devils.
removed-userSep 9, 2020 3:35 AM
Sep 9, 2020 6:55 AM
Jan 2013
Asta: fights with devils, is one of the strongest guys out there
Also Asta: oh wow I guess I'll pass out here because of this little gas cloud
bruh moment
Sep 9, 2020 3:36 PM

Apr 2014
Weak ass Asta getting knocked out via fodder level of knockout magic. He should train anymore. What a noob he is.
Sep 9, 2020 4:23 PM

Oct 2008
I thought this was a filler episode but i was wrong!
those Devil Banishers will extremely pay for messing with the Black Bulls!
Gauche will be super mad! cuz of Marie and Asta as well cuz of Nero!!
5/5.

Sep 9, 2020 6:50 PM
Oct 2019
What spell did Nero do to Asta there? He just fainted anyway so it clearly wasn't very helpful.
Sep 10, 2020 9:54 AM
Oct 2019
Wow this episode is really different from the previous anime canon so far...

I'm digging it
Sep 10, 2020 11:22 AM

Apr 2016
A new arc starts, I hope it will be a good watch.
Sep 10, 2020 8:23 PM

Aug 2015
Interesting episode. Asta's sit-ups are as funny as ever.

How could they do that to little kids. Makes me mad. Also, imo those people aren't that strong, they just had strength in numbers.

Why did they leave it on a cliffhanger? :(
Sep 13, 2020 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
This was a really good episode. I'm curious to see how much things will heat up in this arc.
Sep 13, 2020 6:59 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty good episode. Things ecalated quickly after they showed what happened to that village at the beginning. I can understand that a lot people are angry and sad about their losses, but how can you make random assumptions about Asta, Nero and Marie without even having a proof that they were really responsible for everything what happened?

It's such a weak mindset. And how can you treat children like that? Gauche will be freak out next episode. At least Noelle was able to save Asta. This caused definitely more trouble as I first expected.

Sep 14, 2020 9:45 PM

Nov 2018
Finally caught up to the latest episode after a month of binging.

You can really see the disparity of the Clover Kingdom.

Also I'm interested in what the Devil Banishers have in store for this arc.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Sep 16, 2020 12:48 PM

Jun 2020
KANLen09 said:
Source: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-09-06/black-clover-anime-starts-new-original-story-casts-himika-akaneya-sayaka-kinoshita/.163711

New intro with the anime-original story about people hating Devils and the like, definitely something that's out of the norm for the series (but still draws parallel to events already happened before).

Even Julius' recommendation of Damnatio holding up with Asta's execution until after the fight of the Spade Kingdom, new characters Kabwe and Dazu seek the revenge of the Devil and his servants more than anything.

Meanwhile, the Black Bulls continue their training...and Asta is gonna keep up his sit-ups like it's nothing we've never seen before.

The masked Devil-haters with their Asta-like mana powers, they won't stop until they get what they could to exact their resolution, even trapping Asta and Nero (as scapegoats) along with it. Thankfully Noelle came to save the day, but Nero and Marie are taken hostage.

Things sure escalate quickly...
The Devil Banishers have some mana, but can barely use any magic so it was unable to be sensed. It's stated in the episode. A resolution can't be exacted.
"
Sep 16, 2020 12:52 PM

Jun 2020
Natsu88 said:
Pretty good episode. Things ecalated quickly after they showed what happened to that village at the beginning. I can understand that a lot people are angry and sad about their losses, but how can you make random assumptions about Asta, Nero and Marie without even having a proof that they were really responsible for everything what happened?

It's such a weak mindset. And how can you treat children like that? Gauche will be freak out next episode. At least Noelle was able to save Asta. This caused definitely more trouble as I first expected.
The newspaper reads the attack by the Eye of the Midnight Sun and elves was by magic knights who communicated with the Devil to use forbidden magic. A picture of Asta was in it. The citizens of Clover Kingdom have no reason to distrust the press.
"
Sep 16, 2020 12:54 PM

Jun 2020
Ekhan175 said:

How could they do that to little kids. Makes me mad. Also, imo those people aren't that strong, they just had strength in numbers.

To make you want to watch the next episode.
"
Sep 16, 2020 12:57 PM

Jun 2020
fistyoursoul said:
Weak ass Asta getting knocked out via fodder level of knockout magic. He should train anymore. What a noob he is.
Asta wasn't "knocked out via fodder level of knockout magic". "knockout magic" has not appeared yet. Asta and Nero were poisoned. Do you even pay attention or are literate enough to read subtitles?
"
Sep 16, 2020 1:05 PM

Jun 2020
Otorez said:
I'm amazed by the fact they beat the Devil, his lieutenants (Vetto, Fana), the Elves are very threatening enemies but still managed to get defeated by 5 random wannabe-avengers.

I found the episode kinda cringe UNTIL I saw Noelle in her Valkyrie form (going from easy-peazy mode to "Asta's being kidnapped, gonna rescue him" mode). As well as Gauche starting to become angry.
Vetto and Fana were not the Devil's lieutenants. They were the third eye of the Eye of the Midnight Sun. Patry thought Licht resurrected the elves, but it was the Devil. The Eye of the Midnight Sun were vengeful because of royalty killing them.
"
Sep 16, 2020 1:08 PM

Jun 2020
Horn_dawg_2019 said:

Whoa, looks like Kabwe and some member of the magic parliament who don't agree with Lord Damnatio giving Asta some leeway....

You know for someone whose magic specialty is water, it was kinda stupid that Noelle has to go to the kitchen to have some in a glass when she can just produce it outta thin air and just drink it without having to leave the training ground unless her training with Asta is tiring her.

I don't get it, those Devil Banishers only wanted Asta and Nero, so how did Marie got drag into this mess ???? Devil Banisher should've just brought a knife with them and just slit Asta's throat, that way he would've died instantly , besides I hate his character anywayz.

They say Marie was possessed by an elf. If you hate Asta why are you watching Black Clover?
"
Sep 16, 2020 1:16 PM

Jun 2020
FuseBomber said:
I think it's a great set-up for a decent mini-arc so far. This was definitely more of the direction many would have liked the filler to go I think so it's good now at least that we aren't in the constant barrage of one-off episodes, though I liked many of them.

I'm really interested in the magic of some of these new threats and it definitely seems like Asta's gonna pick himself up and kick ass when he finds them, but for actual satisfaction these current 'nobodies' will definitely need a buff since it wouldn't make much sense for standard vigilantes like them to actually hold them back for long. I hope they keep on building as they are and that looks like the main objective for next episode which is nice to see to try and keep this less linear.

Definitely would have liked to see the main looking trio of vigilantes getting their hands dirty too but that's likely to come in sooner eps, the masked guys of course nobody really cares as much for unless they give them more of a personality soon.

Finally I can definitely feel Asta and Noelle's relationship furthering subtly throughout and it's nice to see, would definitely be cool to see them team up too to get back Nero, been dying to see Asta's devil form and Valkyrie Armour Noelle actually fighting together.

Pretty much couldn't have asked too much more out of this episode given it's intended purpose, definitely solid.

Ed still banging af too
I'm pretty sure Kabwe was one of the "masekd guys" because the masked guy said the same line as him about the scale tipping towards darkness.
"
Sep 16, 2020 1:20 PM
Jul 2019
Weeb_Isekai said:
Horn_dawg_2019 said:

They say Marie was possessed by an elf. If you hate Asta why are you watching Black Clover?
If Marie was possessed by an elf during the elf uprising arc, then why only her and not include everyone else like Vengeance?????As to why do i still watch Black Clover is none of your business , besides I hate Asta but that don't mean I hate everyone else in that anime, ya dig?
Sep 16, 2020 1:50 PM

Jun 2020
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
Weeb_Isekai said:
If Marie was possessed by an elf during the elf uprising arc, then why only her and not include everyone else like Vengeance?????As to why do i still watch Black Clover is none of your business , besides I hate Asta but that don't mean I hate everyone else in that anime, ya dig?
Vangeance sharing a body with Licht was probably not publicized. As to how they knew Marie was, she was tried in court.
"
Sep 16, 2020 1:59 PM
Jul 2019
Weeb_Isekai said:
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
Vangeance sharing a body with Licht was probably not publicized. As to how they knew Marie was, she was tried in court.
Whatever, bottom line we're the ones making this anime, so shuzzzz.
Sep 16, 2020 2:25 PM

Aug 2015
Weeb_Isekai said:
Ekhan175 said:

To make you want to watch the next episode.

Every single time I watch something interesting 🤣
Sep 20, 2020 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
Finalmente uma movimentação na história. Inimigos para enfrentar e ver se cresceram mesmo.
Sep 23, 2020 6:32 AM

Aug 2019
Now things are getting interesting cannot wait
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

75 by DrCarlosRamos »»
Yesterday, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 144 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2020

35 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2020

49 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 3:49 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 141 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2020

75 by Vindicater »»
Apr 23, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 140 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2020

50 by Vindicater »»
Apr 23, 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.