Forum Settings
Forums

Why do you prefer anime over live action television or other available media?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 8, 2019 11:15 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Not sure why. Not that I hate live-action, I just don’t find it that appealing. Also, TV shows tend to be too long.
May 8, 2019 11:25 AM

Mar 2016
I feel more engaged with anime than I do with live action fiction. I think this is because anime characters seem to fit more naturally into their fictional world than an actor does behind the camera. Also, anime has a certain sensibility about it that I'm naturally attracted to that other entertainment doesn't seem to have (but this could be because I'm just too immersed in the subculture at this point).
syncrogazerMay 8, 2019 11:30 AM
May 8, 2019 11:28 AM

Apr 2013
If we're talking about visual media, it's because it's the one most likely to satisfy my kokoro with cute characters and to give me good fap material thanks to said characters.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
May 8, 2019 11:30 AM

Oct 2018
liver everyone said here, its 2d!
and even the worst of worst person in anime is still handsome and cute.
May 8, 2019 11:31 AM

Dec 2012
I don't. I watch live action movies and television series if they interest me too.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

May 8, 2019 11:35 AM

Sep 2017
Better soundtrack,better comedy,better morals,better voice acting and of course the emphasis on cuteness over everything else.
May 8, 2019 11:37 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
1. most attractive character designs and art in general

2. focus on attractive girls

3. Japan does things the west wouldnt

4. no PC/SJW/Soy/NCP/bullshit

EcchiGodMamsterMay 8, 2019 11:45 AM
May 8, 2019 11:42 AM
Jun 2016
1. Cute designs
2. Creative freedom
3. No propaganda SJW bullshit.

May 8, 2019 12:16 PM

Nov 2017
Just look at GOT, what a disaster.

'You like Lotr without the creatures?'

No thanks, hard pass (Drake meme).

'How about a wonky Netflix show where nothing happens-no competent direction-just a bunch of flighty action music?' Hard pass.

Television pre-2000? Yes.

Television post-2000? (Drake pass, layup from Kawhi)

Movies? Yes.

What about another gay comic book where the characters are depressed and there's no sex? (Vomits)
May 8, 2019 12:24 PM

Oct 2018
I feel like anime can be more expressive.
Both when it comes to action and sakuga scenes, but also just ideology and thought wise, I feel like some anime is far superior to traditional media.
Don't get me wrong, some live-action stuff can express it just as deeply, I just feel like anime is a more relatable spectrum for me.
【🇳​🇪​🇼​ 🇵​🇷​🇴​🇫​🇮​🇱​🇪​ 🇩​🇪​🇸​🇮​🇬​🇳​】

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

May 8, 2019 12:24 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I honestly think anime has a ton more to offer then live action ever will; really animation in general but anime alone has stemmed some of the most unique and flavorful variety of genres. I'm not sure on the scope of Japanese television or really anything outside of Western centric so it may be presumptuous but most television is standard, it has to look and feel standard. I get anime drags that way too with certain aspects but I get tired of family sitcom drama or super badass action with a side of procedural cop shows. Most these series don't have a time to sit back and relax, explore their characters, or have fun other then shenanigan misunderstandings; I tried to watch Bones with my sister for a time while we were living together and god, it was repetitive as fuck, which is another ISSUE.

The only live actions shows I enjoyed all the way through because they did everything against what I said above was Psychic and Pushing Daisies. Colorful, fun, knows when to take things seriously but isn't against indulging in itself.
May 8, 2019 12:28 PM

Aug 2012
Cabron said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Some anime actually try to tell a good story. Most other media either recycles ad nauseam old stuff creates mindless entertainment or try to indoctrinate the viewer. People in Hollywood seem not to be interested in telling stories anymore. Just to indoctrinate the viewer and if possible to make money.
Yeah, you haven't really explored that much if you honestly believe that.
I do honestly believe that. Care to prove me wrong?
May 8, 2019 12:33 PM

Jan 2014
Originally I watched anime over TV so I had something to talk about with friends, then I realized that it was more diverse than TV, (sometimes) prettier to look at, and took less time to boot. So I watch pretty much exclusively anime now.

May 8, 2019 1:20 PM

Mar 2019
I haven't stopped watching live action TV/movies but I definitely am not currently watching a whole lot at the moment. I agree with a lot of other people here who mention how emotions feel better expressed in anime, I seem to have a much stronger emotional response to emotions expressed through anime than I do in live action. Its like a lot of the emotions in live action are too subtle for me to really pick up on at a subconscious level.

Politics are another major thing. I think some people here really underestimate how much SJW crap has infested Hollywood. I don't like going into a theater thinking I'm going to watch the latest Star Wars film and instead feeling like I'm watching an affirmative action program, that takes me out of the Star Wars world because I can't take it seriously as an entirely different world when our Earthly politics are showing up so clearly in the movie. Some of the raunchy Western animations like South Park and Family Guy are probably the best stuff out there that's anti PC but there's so much PC stuff in live action right now that I sincerely believe it is threatening the artistic freedom of script writers in the US.

Somewhat leading from the last two points, I also really like all the cute moe girls in anime. That's something that I think is really unique to Japan specifically. The way cute moe girls are drawn mixed in with my personal preference for how anime characters express emotions makes them seem especially adorable to me.

As far as length goes, I agree with Pullman that I feel like anime is often a little bit too short. For some reason anime writers really don't seem to like making an anime that's longer than two seasons and when that leads to incomplete storylines it is really frustrating to me. At the same time though, you're right that some Western TV shows just keep going on and on because they continue to make money even if the show has run out of ideas.

The last point would probably be that anime writers can create a TV show with very epic stories on a relatively low budget. The Kingdom anime for example has large battles comparable to some of Hollywood's most epic war movies portrayed on screen every other episode with thousands of soldiers and they can do it with a relatively low budget due to being able to animate all the soldiers instead of hiring extras. Live action films that try to do similarly epic storylines, like Lord of the Rings, require a huge budget to produce which is why its difficult to put that kind of thing into an ongoing TV show format. Even TV shows like Game of Thrones can't really afford to have battles portrayed on screen that are even remotely as epic as the ones portrayed in Kingdom.

The one thing I will say though, is that from what I've seen so far, anime really doesn't do horror very well. The colorful style just doesn't seem to go well with the genre and you can't scare people just by putting fountains of blood every time somebody gets stabbed. Hellsing did a great job of making a dark, hellish atmosphere, but it never "scared" me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2019 1:30 PM

Aug 2017
for me the scale of how much I'm into a media is like this:

movies>mangas>anime>comics>cartoons>tv series>books
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2019 1:36 PM

Aug 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
Some anime actually try to tell a good story. Most other media either recycles ad nauseam old stuff creates mindless entertainment or try to indoctrinate the viewer. People in Hollywood seem not to be interested in telling stories anymore. Just to indoctrinate the viewer and if possible to make money.

I agree with you soooo much,but you must also metion that people doesn't want anymore something deep and thoughful.If most of the people actually start care about interesting things ,then Hollywood would change their way to make movies,so they still could get money
May 8, 2019 1:42 PM

Jan 2016
I prefer anime because there aren’t as many tabloids involving voice actors as there is with television actors, & typically real-life “personalities” are involved in political propaganda & I hate that kind of thing. I feel more comfortable with 2-D characters than 3-D people because you can’t really put faith in real people without them betraying your expectations (i.e. an actor coming out as a rapist, drug addict, etc.).

Anime characters are who they’re written to be & nothing beyond that; there’s no duality.
▾ Check Out My Original Series ▾

▾ Check Out My Blog ▾
May 8, 2019 1:47 PM

Jan 2016
Sad said:
i don't, i prefer live action and media from across the globe. i enjoy the exposure to a wider variety of culture and enjoy the nuances that come with their storytelling. simply watching anime as your only source of media is so limiting.

It’s not limited; there is an incredible amount of anime out there & other than anime, I like to read books & I think that’s a limitless resourceーfilled with different cultural experiences.

▾ Check Out My Blog ▾
May 8, 2019 2:20 PM

Nov 2018
I just watch whatever I want, I just feel like in anime there is way more variety which doesnt mean that I dont watch shows like Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead
May 8, 2019 2:38 PM

Nov 2013
LunaPrecure said:
Sad said:
i don't, i prefer live action and media from across the globe. i enjoy the exposure to a wider variety of culture and enjoy the nuances that come with their storytelling. simply watching anime as your only source of media is so limiting.

It’s not limited; there is an incredible amount of anime out there & other than anime, I like to read books & I think that’s a limitless resourceーfilled with different cultural experiences.

did you really infer from my comment in its context that limited = amount? do colouring books count?

i don't think anyone would bother disputing whether there's enough to watch or not. there's plenty.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 8, 2019 2:54 PM

Jan 2016
Sad said:
LunaPrecure said:

did you really infer from my comment in its context that limited = amount? do colouring books count?

i don't think anyone would bother disputing whether there's enough to watch or not. there's plenty.

And anime can’t have cultural diversity? I meant “not limited” with the context of Japanese animation being culturally diverse as well; if you diveーyou can find plenty of anime series that take place in different regions of the world or with characters of different ethnicities. Fushigi no Umi no Nadia & Lupin III come to mind. If you think that there’s no diversity in Japanese culture, then you have a pretty limited scope.

▾ Check Out My Blog ▾
May 8, 2019 3:11 PM

Nov 2013
LunaPrecure said:
Sad said:

And anime can’t have cultural diversity? I meant “not limited” with the context of Japanese animation being culturally diverse as well; if you diveーyou can find plenty of anime series that take place in different regions of the world or with characters of different ethnicities. Fushigi no Umi no Nadia & Lupin III come to mind. If you think that there’s no diversity in Japanese culture, then you have a pretty limited scope.

uhm, no you didn't follow the same meaning as me, let's not pretend now, you stated;

you're inventing an argument that didn't exist and it's just making your replies even more dense. if you're going to reply to me again, take a deep breath, address the post as it was and then maybe you'll get somewhere.

if you can manage to dispute against the point that;

simply watching anime as your only source of media is so limiting.

then fair play to you. because japan as a country will never be as diverse as what the rest of the world have to offer collectively. if you ONLY watch anime, you'll only get what japan has to offer. if that statement requires olympic level mental gymnastics for you then i don't have anything else to offer that might appeal to your understanding of diversity.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 8, 2019 3:26 PM

Jan 2016
Sad said:
LunaPrecure said:

uhm, no you didn't follow the same meaning as me, let's not pretend now, you stated;

you're inventing an argument that didn't exist and it's just making your replies even more dense. if you're going to reply to me again, take a deep breath, address the post as it was and then maybe you'll get somewhere.

if you can manage to dispute against the point that;

simply watching anime as your only source of media is so limiting.

then fair play to you. because japan as a country will never be as diverse as what the rest of the world have to offer collectively. if you ONLY watch anime, you'll only get what japan has to offer. if that statement requires olympic level mental gymnastics for you then i don't have anything else to offer that might appeal to your understanding of diversity.

Yes, well, then you dissed me for no reason because I stated literature as being another form of entertainment, for me personally, as a reply to your initial post & you may have taken my commentary on anime another way, but I actually DID mean an incredible amountーas in many different types.

(additional note; Japanese animators have been known to collaborate with creators from different countriesーsuch as Stan Lee & the Heroman anime/manga or Felipe Smith’s Peepo Chooーa United States resident who moved to Japan to have his manga officially serialized by Kodansha, after attaining residency by working in the Japanese market)
EggheadLunaMay 8, 2019 3:35 PM

▾ Check Out My Blog ▾
May 8, 2019 3:49 PM
Jul 2018
LunaPrecure said:

(additional note; Japanese animators have been known to collaborate with creators from different countriesーsuch as Stan Lee & the Heroman anime/manga or Felipe Smith’s Peepo Chooーa United States resident who moved to Japan to have his manga officially serialized by Kodansha, after attaining residency by working in the Japanese market)

There is also the Nouvelle Manga movement

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_nouvelle_manga

Examples of artists who are associated in varying degrees with the outputs and debates surrounding Nouvelle Manga are: Moyoko Anno, Aurélia Aurita, David B., Matthieu Blanchin, Frédéric Boilet, Nicolas de Crécy, Étienne Davodeau, Yoji Fukuyama, Emmanuel Guibert, Kazuichi Hanawa, Daisuke Igarashi, Little Fish, Taiyō Matsumoto, Fabrice Neaud, Loïc Néhou, Benoît Peeters, Frédéric Poincelet, David Prudhomme, François Schuiten, Joann Sfar, Kiriko Nananan, Hideji Oda, Kan Takahama, Jiro Taniguchi, Yoshiharu Tsuge, Vanyda and Naito Yamada
May 8, 2019 4:00 PM
Aug 2018
One reason why I prefer anime over western media is pretty obvious, more variety. It’s the same song and dance with live action tv: drama, comedy, reality shows, repetitive everything. Not being a weeb it’s a true fact, same with anime having the same old shit but there’s a catch, more unique premises are being pumped out of anime and manga compared to live action tv. Are there newer tv shows about a doctor trying to undo his mistakes 9 years later after saving a boy from death, no. Do you see any tv shows that have two people getting their bodies back after horribly trying to resurrect their mother, no. Are there tv shows that have a swordman who was born from a dead corpse, was raped as a child, forced to fight survival and have him betrayed by his friend by raping his girlfriend and dismembering his arm and one eye gouged out, no. I could add more but that’s just a waste of time because there aren’t tv shows or comic books like that currently and probably for the next 10 years.
May 8, 2019 4:40 PM

Nov 2017
I don't prefer 2D over 3D but if I consider something to be good in my opinion, it's good. No matter if it's an anime, a live tv show or movie.
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶?
𝘐'𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶.

¡ǝɯ ɥʇᴉʍ ǝɹǝɥ uᴉ ʞɔnʇs ǝɹ,no⅄
May 8, 2019 5:17 PM

May 2009
Anime tends to have more fantastic settings (which are usually what I prefer to watch), and I also know my way around anime more than I know my way around live-action stuff.

The pretty colors also help.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
May 8, 2019 5:33 PM

Nov 2017
I really enjoy watching animation in general. Expression can be exaggerated in an entertaining way, feelings that can't be conveyed with words can be shown clearer and the visuals are usually much more appealing. Currently anime has the most diversity with animated stories.
May 8, 2019 5:35 PM
Jul 2018
Live action tv shows tend to be like 10 seasons, with over an hour episodes. Movies are too long.
I find it easier to invest in anime, because I can imagine, in that moment, anime characters to be real. Whenever I try to invest in the same way with live action, I keep remembering that the characters are just actors going through the motions.
Also, anime just has more creative potential for its subject matter, art style, and so on.
May 8, 2019 6:05 PM

Sep 2018
I used to watch western TV shows a few years back but once I started anime those shows aren't as good anymore. Idk what it is but anime connects to me on a level other form of media do not.
And obviously as a lot of ppl already said that many things that can be done in an animated medium are just not possible in 3D media -- the crazy action sequences for eg or the wide colour pallete.
Another reason is that anime - as of yet - doesn't try to be "politically correct" like the western media does.
Last but not the least ECCHI exixts!
May 8, 2019 6:25 PM

Nov 2013
Cabron said:
Yeah, I feel like a lot folks haven't touched a book or comic but circlejerk anime.

KingShoter007 said:
Simple: It’s a purely creative medium that isn’t forced to confirm to any political ideas.
Look at American media: Literally everything has some sort of politics in it (mostly liberal). Meanwhile, my moe slice of life shows only have cute 2D girls. It’s clear which is supperior.
Lmao no, you have no idea about what you're talking about.
Do your homework next time.

thevagus said:
I would prefer anime over any other media, any time of my life. Most of the medias are infested by SJWs and normies, while anime is a creative medium with openness to most of the topics, even the ones which are forbidden.

Also, aesthetics in anime is better.
>most
Maybe stop stop watching the news or get off the internet for a bit, maybe then you'll realize that it isn't most it's barely there.
What's that saying again? "Vocal minority is the loudest".

i gotta say...this thread doesn't deserve you.
May 8, 2019 6:42 PM

Mar 2015
I like the variety in story, or just the type of stories they tell.

I can't really get into the whole thing america does. I mean ofcourse there are good ones, but I really can't. I keep trying though, I'll probably end up trying some new ones here soon.

Length plays a big part too. Every live action show has like 20 seasons, each episode about 40-60 minutes long. It can lead to very good world-building and character development, but I'm super imaptient. I want the show to be good right away and not have to wait one season for it to explain it's world. Anime on the other hand has done amazing things with such short time. Granted, there are probably more bad than good. Most get to the point within 3-7 episodes, and continue building from there.
In the end, I am very impatient and I wish I could sit through a season of GoT.

Can we talk about Korean dramas though? They get you hooked at least within the second episode. They manage to tell a satisfying, good story within 16-20 episodes. It's defintely my preferred medium when it comes to romance.

Anywayssss, I prefer anime because of the length and storytelling. Anime is more visually appealing to me and the silly tropes have grown on me over the years. I also enjoy the community that surrounds it
woah there
May 8, 2019 7:08 PM

Jul 2015
Movie>anime>tv show (30 charrrrrrrsss)

May 8, 2019 7:23 PM

Apr 2019
I don't strictly prefer anime over other forms of media, but there are some great qualities to it. For example, with the animation, characters are very expressive, so their personalities are shown through more than just words; this is difficult for live action to achieve. In general, I always have an easier time relating to anime characters than live action characters.

Soundtracks in anime are also usually far more compelling and memorable than live action soundtracks.

Something else is that, at least with contemporary American media, live action movies and TV shows are often pushing some political agenda; even if I agree with the message of an agenda, this annoys me because it takes away from the art of the work and it all becomes political drivel. This seems to happen far less often in anime.
Much Love,
Phi
May 8, 2019 7:35 PM

Nov 2014
Inverterz said:
Why would you assume I prefer anime?
Yes, OP is speaking directly at you.
May 8, 2019 7:50 PM

Jan 2013
it's not that i prefer it exactly, since i'm a fan of various live-action franchises as well. i just like anime too, that's it.

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
May 8, 2019 8:07 PM

Jan 2016
petran79 said:
LunaPrecure said:

There is also the Nouvelle Manga movement

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_nouvelle_manga

Examples of artists who are associated in varying degrees with the outputs and debates surrounding Nouvelle Manga are: Moyoko Anno, Aurélia Aurita, David B., Matthieu Blanchin, Frédéric Boilet, Nicolas de Crécy, Étienne Davodeau, Yoji Fukuyama, Emmanuel Guibert, Kazuichi Hanawa, Daisuke Igarashi, Little Fish, Taiyō Matsumoto, Fabrice Neaud, Loïc Néhou, Benoît Peeters, Frédéric Poincelet, David Prudhomme, François Schuiten, Joann Sfar, Kiriko Nananan, Hideji Oda, Kan Takahama, Jiro Taniguchi, Yoshiharu Tsuge, Vanyda and Naito Yamada

That’s incredible! Admittedly, the only artist that I know out of the ones listed is Moyoko Anno but I loved her work in the last chapter of Helter Skelter & I’m a fan of classic European cinema! ( ⸝⸝⸝⁼̴́⌄⁼̴̀⸝⸝⸝)

▾ Check Out My Blog ▾
May 8, 2019 8:13 PM

Aug 2018
I don't. Film superior to animation in almost every way, live action television on the other hand is trash almost without exception.
May 8, 2019 10:29 PM

Aug 2009
I don't. I prefer various content creators on YouTube and video games since I'm not that much of a weeb.

May 8, 2019 10:55 PM

Jan 2016
I can't really pinpoint a reason but if I have to then I can point to the combination of my growing dissatisfaction with live action entertainment and how refreshing and full of potential animation is with Japanese sensibilities and culture as a backbone.
May 8, 2019 11:37 PM

Aug 2012
Mucosa said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

I agree with you soooo much,but you must also metion that people doesn't want anymore something deep and thoughful.If most of the people actually start care about interesting things ,then Hollywood would change their way to make movies,so they still could get money
I do not think this is true. Rather most are sheep that have been conditioned to accept what is given to them as masterpieces out of fear to be ridiculed or insulted by so called experts. It has to do with the self esteem movement that produces weak willed humans under the disguise of protecting them. Programs like those against bullying are cancer and the main reason so many teenagers commit suicide these days. If you cannot handle a few insults how will you handle things once you become an adult?!
May 8, 2019 11:59 PM

Jan 2015
CallMeHoot said:
Hades_Gil said:
Cause 2D>3D at portraying emotions through media.

So looking at real people displaying actual emotions is worse than having a 2D character animate an emotion? Come off it, mate.

As a blanket statement, that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.

EDIT :-

I'm not trying to say that animation, 2D or otherwise, isn't capable of portraying emotion effectively or even as effectively as live actors. You can find examples of good and bad in both forms of media.

What I am saying, is that one isn't inherently better than the other.

The various forms of emotions are portrayed better through animation than actors. The trailer of My Little Monster solidified my vision as I lost all hope in Japanese actors from there on.
Your life to come is bound to make you smile
May 9, 2019 12:13 AM

Mar 2019
nightcrawlercyp said:
Mucosa said:

I do not think this is true. Rather most are sheep that have been conditioned to accept what is given to them as masterpieces out of fear to be ridiculed or insulted by so called experts. It has to do with the self esteem movement that produces weak willed humans under the disguise of protecting them. Programs like those against bullying are cancer and the main reason so many teenagers commit suicide these days. If you cannot handle a few insults how will you handle things once you become an adult?!

I have no sympathy for bullies. They cause people to kill themselves and create mass shooters.
May 9, 2019 12:42 AM

Aug 2012
Ryuk9428 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

I have no sympathy for bullies. They cause people to kill themselves and create mass shooters.
Adult bullies do because as children those people they bully did not have to deal with bullies. Is like building immunity by having a less strong version of the disease. About mass shooters they are genrally the result of no strong father figure in their life while growing up. You can verify this yourself. Most of those kids were raised by single moms.
May 9, 2019 12:48 AM

Jan 2019
Hades_Gil said:
CallMeHoot said:

So looking at real people displaying actual emotions is worse than having a 2D character animate an emotion? Come off it, mate.

As a blanket statement, that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.

EDIT :-

I'm not trying to say that animation, 2D or otherwise, isn't capable of portraying emotion effectively or even as effectively as live actors. You can find examples of good and bad in both forms of media.

What I am saying, is that one isn't inherently better than the other.

The various forms of emotions are portrayed better through animation than actors. The trailer of My Little Monster solidified my vision as I lost all hope in Japanese actors from there on.

As I've said previously, your blanket statement is incorrect. Emotions are generally more effectively displayed by, well, real people...because they actually exist. Bad/inexperienced actors exist. But so do amazing actors. Same goes for animation.

If you're just going to repeat yourself then this will be all I have to say on it.
May 9, 2019 12:57 AM
Jul 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Ryuk9428 said:

Adult bullies do because as children those people they bully did not have to deal with bullies. Is like building immunity by having a less strong version of the disease. About mass shooters they are genrally the result of no strong father figure in their life while growing up. You can verify this yourself. Most of those kids were raised by single moms.

Back then (40 years ago), family ties were stronger because jobs for women were scarce and they had to rely on their husbands for support. Now that women dont stay at home and joined the workforce, all sort of destabilising issues ensued both for the families and the children.
May 9, 2019 1:02 AM

Jan 2015
CallMeHoot said:
Hades_Gil said:

As I've said previously, your blanket statement is incorrect. Emotions are generally more effectively displayed by, well, real people...because they actually exist. Bad/inexperienced actors exist. But so do amazing actors. Same goes for animation.

If you're just going to repeat yourself then this will be all I have to say on it.

Let's leave it at that
you have your opinion I have mine. Have a good day
Your life to come is bound to make you smile
May 9, 2019 1:43 AM

Aug 2012
petran79 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Back then (40 years ago), family ties were stronger because jobs for women were scarce and they had to rely on their husbands for support. Now that women dont stay at home and joined the workforce, all sort of destabilising issues ensued both for the families and the children.
It was not that jobs for women were scarce. The same amount of jobs exist today. The problem is now many companies choose to hire women even if less competent than their male counterparts out of fear of being sued for sexual discrimination. As a result of this they also need to hire more people as women take much more vacations and medical leaves and have much lower randament in general.
May 9, 2019 1:52 AM
Jul 2018
i'm wondering about it myself but i guess
It's fast, It's fun
May 9, 2019 2:07 AM

Feb 2014
I would have said that a couple of years ago when I was in my "honeymoon phase" of anime fandom, but these days I've been getting back into live action movies and TV (mostly pre-2010 stuff), and I much prefer live action when it comes to genres like drama, thriller, suspense, and horror. But being a fan of animation, I do still like anime. I especially like the fact that unlike western animation, anime is the only medium that bothers to cover a variety of premises, settings, themes, and tones, and doesn't treat animation as "kids stuff".
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

135 by -YaoiBoy- »»
33 seconds ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

18 by Vaturna »»
6 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 24 minutes ago

2 by LightWorker »»
6 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 6 hours ago

23 by Horshu »»
6 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

47 by traed »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.