Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 7, 2019 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh, I got mixed feelings on this.

It starts out with a frantic scene as a major event. But then, I'm wonder how this will tie to the main plot overall. Meanwhile, the animation quality looks rather mediocre. I mean, it's a mobile game adaptation anyway so I'm keeping expectations low.

I will say this though, the MC is kind of a badass.
Apr 7, 2019 7:55 AM
Aug 2018
At last Shoumetsu Video Game had Anime now cool
yuuma_kugaApr 7, 2019 8:05 AM
Apr 7, 2019 10:16 AM

Dec 2017
Lost city? is this Heaven's Gate from Darker than Black?
SUPA HACKA that's into moe and idolshit? hmmmm
glorious cgi chase scene? check
and why out of all vehicles in the world he's riding a Vespa? cmon bruh

looks like a drop material right here, might give it 2 more episodes. but the plot is just shit. fucking game adaptations suck big ass. and this is Madhouse animation level? kinda saddening

but hey, at least Sugita and Hanazawa are the main VAs, amirite?
uninstallthegameApr 7, 2019 10:23 AM
Apr 7, 2019 10:18 AM
Jan 2019
Ahh so this is an adaptation from a Mobile game 😱
Apr 7, 2019 10:41 AM

Sep 2007
Absolutely terrible in every regard, the visuals are inconsistent and only mediocre at best, the story is either incomprehensible action scenes or boring exposition that doesn't explain the premise at all, and the cast is almost entirely devoid of personality or any character traits worth caring about them for.

You can do a good mobile game anime, we've seen it with rage of bahamut genesis, but this is not that. Don't watch it, I won't be.
Apr 7, 2019 10:54 AM

Sep 2017
Terribly boring. 2/3 of the episode is exposition dump and the rest of it is some lame ass car chase. Not to mention the animation is already breaking down from the very first second of the show (those idols' hand waving!)

WTF madhouse? OK it's a game adaptation so I guess it doesn't matter because it's only for fans who can stomach anything.
Apr 7, 2019 11:02 AM

Sep 2017
Are we sure they didn't air episode 3 by mistake or something?? That barely felt like a first episode. We were just dropped into the middle of some craziness. This isn't how you build mystery guys.

And like did everyone we meet betray the MC? It's like he calls up his m8 (the red head) to get some info and you're like "okay meeting an old acquaintance or something. Will probably be a useful ally throughout the series" but jk she betrays him as soon as she's off the phone. Lmao okay then. Even the two ppl in the van seemed to have set him up. Maybe I'm misunderstanding that because they are the reason MC went and got Yuki anyway.

Let's not forget that was some bad CG. If half the time we spend burning around on his bike will be CG'd you'd think they'd make some nicer models.
Apr 7, 2019 11:08 AM
Aug 2018
I play this game become anime i gonna watch whole ep each week episode I can't wait for second game story call shoumetsu toshi unreal engine 4 maybe for ps4 or switch nintendo or maybe mobile again
Apr 7, 2019 11:20 AM

Nov 2016
First few minutes already cemented it as the weakest start of the season, but nothing less from a game adaptation.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 7, 2019 11:35 AM

Aug 2017
What a weird start.

The episode is over the place and the animation is bad. So far, this is the worst first episode from this season.
NurguburuApr 10, 2019 11:45 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 7, 2019 11:44 AM

Nov 2017
I don't know what to say honestly, was it good ? Was it bad ? Idk. It's okay ? I mean, yeah... Yeah ? V-very good plot though...?
Apr 7, 2019 11:49 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Well that was weird lol. I'm curious to see the whole point of this series though, so I'll stick around for a while
Apr 7, 2019 11:59 AM

May 2018
Oh another anime that was adapted from a game. SHIT!

Well, it looks like nobody is a good guy around here , them agency guys wanna keep Yuki as their lab rat, while those two in a Horned owl delivery want's to experiment using both Yuki and Takuya as human drone to that so called "Lost". btw seriously Takuya uses a vespa, when they could have given him a Harley or a Ducati ?????
Apr 7, 2019 12:18 PM

May 2010
ill watch it for the bullshit, cause this show is full of it.
Apr 7, 2019 12:22 PM
Apr 2018
Raise your hands if this reminded you of Boogiepop and Others. 🤣
Apr 7, 2019 12:25 PM
Oct 2016
Most aggressively mediocre anime I’ve seen in a while. And that’s saying something
Apr 7, 2019 12:39 PM

May 2016
This is the anime that guy at Madhouse got hospitalized over from overwork isn't it. I'm betting they understaffed this anime hard, hence the weird butchered clash of actually decent to really terrible animation and artwork.

Man I was actually pretty excited for this... I liked the promo stuff, the concept and the teaser. But what the fuck was that. So many wtfs. From the magical gravity-defying, debris-resistant moped to the execution of that CGI helicopter, to that weird barefoot guy who just wanted to stand on the man's hands while he was riding to them actually wrecking the protag, to the pace of this plot...
I'll keep watching to see where this goes, as I mean it's bizarre enough to at least catch my interest that way, I wanna see this bizarre thing through, and the music tracks seem to be good at least... But yeah. Damn. :( Maybe it'll improve.. maybe... Possibly....
ZaugrApr 7, 2019 12:51 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2019 12:50 PM

Oct 2017
Zaugr said:
This is the anime that guy at Madhouse got hospitalized over from overwork isn't it. I'm betting they understaffed this anime hard, hence the weird butchered clash of actually decent to really terrible animation and artwork.

Is there a credible source saying that was what he was working on? I sincerely do not think that's the case but actually the 3rd season of Chihayafuru 3 that Madhouse had to even delay.

Anyways, madhouse pushed Boogiepop which was became more disappointing as it went further, Diamond no Ace is another big work that they have had to handle.
Apr 7, 2019 12:53 PM
Nov 2013
I'm disappointed. I didn't learn much about the story yet so I can't argue if that's good or bad but there was so much cringe-worthy and cliche dialogue and why there always has to be one edgy guy. It can get better and most likely will, I think the next episode is for proper character introduction.

Art... I got mixed feelings because it was so good at times but then again half of the episode was full of CGI, zoom-ins, strange movement where surrounding moved faster than characters. It looked like there studio didn't have enough time and they had to skip and replace lots of stuff and that's why it felt like I was watching two different anime during the first episode.
Apr 7, 2019 12:56 PM

May 2016
Rongmario said:
Zaugr said:

Is there a credible source saying that was what he was working on? I sincerely do not think that's the case but actually the 3rd season of Chihayafuru 3 that Madhouse had to even delay.

Anyways, madhouse pushed Boogiepop which was became more disappointing as it went further, Diamond no Ace is another big work that they have had to handle.

No just pure conjecture on my part, with how just utterly messy this episode was. It could very well be Chihayafuru, or even varied works since they sometimes move staff around quite a bit (especially production assistants, which this guy was). Though he got hospitalized long after it got delayed right? I'd imagine the real intense crunch time was the lead up to that decision, not after, where the battle to get it ready by the initial date had already been lost.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2019 12:59 PM

Apr 2015
Lmao what is this?

This has to be the worst thing I watched this season, no this year.

I will still give it a few more episodes if I can survive.

The OP is pretty good and Kana Hanazawa made this ride a little bearable.
Apr 7, 2019 1:03 PM

Apr 2011
So unoriginal and yet it tries sooo hard to be original. Just sad...:(
I feel like dropping it, but maybe will give a chance and watch 2 more episodes...
Apr 7, 2019 1:22 PM
Aug 2016
This is so bad, yet, so enjoyable to watch, the action scenes are cool and nonsensical and shit and badass and hilarious at the same time. the Photography/color pallets and the background art are the most crappy shit I've scene in a while, the art style and the animation are mediocre and inconsistent, the CGI is fucking horrid and hilarious Lmao, the plot is all over the place, the only good thing about this mess is the OSTs and the cute/badass MC duo, this is going to be an entertaining trainwreck to watch lol.

I heard that they've already finished animating all th 12 eps before the show even started airing, well, with the half-assed job they did, I'm not surprised. Madhouse went to shit since 2015 when NTV assigned a new guy as the head of the studio, and things won't probably change unless they fire him and get someone who actually care about animation and not just money to lead the studio again. The hospitalized production assistant case is further proof that they are in a really shitty mess right now, their current president blows dick out of ass at management, and it pretty much showed in the all-time low they've reached with Overlord II/III.
Apr 7, 2019 1:39 PM

Apr 2017
Interesting.. Not a whole lot was explained so I'm pretty lost.. haha.. get it.. lost...
So apparently there was some big event that caused a city to just disappear with all the people too. But there was a single survivor, Yuki.
Nothing was really explained besides the fact that there's a city that disappeared and now is called Lost. What was up with that mystical fighting shit that she seemed to summon or something?
It was an interesting start to a show, but it was also rather weak in building any real interest(imo). Hopefully it works out and builds more on this interesting concept.

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Apr 7, 2019 1:54 PM

Dec 2014
well meh did not look that much appealing
Apr 7, 2019 1:55 PM

Jul 2016
I kinda liked it, which makes me feel weird since the general consensus seems to be "it's not very good". Even weirder that's it's apparently a mobile game adaptation, which I usually hate. And by all rights, the show is "bad", all it's flaws, I'll agree with you on.
But yeah, I wasn't really expecting much, but I was surprised to find myself actually having fun. Of all the things this season to stick with, I'm sticking with this. Give me more flying ghosts of idol agents with with access to Gilgamesh's gun collection.
Feels a bit like a Nicolas Cage movie
Apr 7, 2019 2:18 PM

Jun 2014
The absolute state.

Apr 7, 2019 2:27 PM

Aug 2013
Can't decide if this is worse than Fairy Gone or not, hmmmm...
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Apr 7, 2019 2:31 PM
Oct 2018
what the fuck?! I didn't understand anything
Apr 7, 2019 2:42 PM

Apr 2015
Honestly not sure what to think of this yet, I will try to continue watching it, but it didn't quite live up to my expectations I suppose.
Apr 7, 2019 2:46 PM
May 2017
uninstallthegame said:
Lost city? is this Heaven's Gate from Darker than Black?
SUPA HACKA that's into moe and idolshit? hmmmm
glorious cgi chase scene? check
and why out of all vehicles in the world he's riding a Vespa? cmon bruh

When you steal from one author, it's plagiarism; if you steal from many, it's research. - Wilson Mizner

C'mon, originality doesn't exists in anime anymore, everything has been done before, there are only a very few animes that can present something truly new.

Anyway I liked it. Sure the art/animation isn't great (but for me as long as it looks OK, the story is more important), story seems quite unique, haven't really seen anything too similar.
Also it is JoJo part 10 with all those stands, and lol, they got GAME OVER in ep 1 already :D
Apr 7, 2019 2:50 PM

Jul 2015
That was actually kind of interesting, i know the animation and CG wasn't great but the music and story was on point. Lets see what happens next.
Apr 7, 2019 2:57 PM

Apr 2013
Wow this anime look exactly like the game, they even have the scooter racing battle! with blood and shit which make it more intense! however, it does make it weird for the anime plot (like seriously she just summon Akira literally like in the game)
Apr 7, 2019 3:03 PM

Oct 2017
Zaugr said:

No just pure conjecture on my part, with how just utterly messy this episode was. It could very well be Chihayafuru, or even varied works since they sometimes move staff around quite a bit (especially production assistants, which this guy was). Though he got hospitalized long after it got delayed right? I'd imagine the real intense crunch time was the lead up to that decision, not after, where the battle to get it ready by the initial date had already been lost.

Yeah, Madhouse looks a mess right now. They called in the Worker's Union but I have low hopes.
Apr 7, 2019 3:08 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Jesus christ that was bad ... but at the same think im curious to see what happens after that cliffhanger..
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 7, 2019 3:25 PM

Jan 2018
No idea what's happening but will give it a try
Apr 7, 2019 3:32 PM

Dec 2015
Bad. Mobile game adaption: This means there'll be only boring plot. (I remember Granblue already being that boring.) Since most of those so called mobile games are item shop based where the game is pretty much focused only to get the players to buy stuff - while the anime are just to promote the game.

This feld boring. No interesting setup. Chars/plot does not seem interesting. Like your usual stuff and similar to AICO, Rerided, Revisions ... or stuff like that.

Not going to watch this.
Apr 7, 2019 3:35 PM
Oct 2015
I think i can see the concept its nice but they butchered it, i hate crying about cg but it was so overused combined w the shitty drawing it hurts especially when the best thinb drawn the whole epi is a fucking background owl. They r trying to give us this mysterious feeling which i like but that was way too much mystery in one episode and so little story that when the MC got "shot" by his friend i didnt bat an eye. Like it's way better if u tell us later on that she betrayed him not know, no one will get emotional everyone is lost. I like the IDEA of the fighting but jesus maaaan he had rocks thrown at him with magical force and he shielded it w his motor on one wheel??????? And how is he not surprised by seeing such extraordinary things happen?? Shit start
Apr 7, 2019 3:40 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Wasn't too bad. Very middle of the road for me. I often try to not to jump on a show when it doesn't immediately explain itself or what's happening. I like to give it the benefit of the doubt and wait at least an episode or two to give it a chance to explain. I think the art style was pretty good, however Yuki's design is really generic. I like the idea that she can summon a kind of Stand-like image of that Akira guy.

I'm also a sucker for Vespa's because of Fooly Cooly, so I'll be giving this one a chance.
Apr 7, 2019 3:54 PM

May 2013
I got those Caligula Effect vibes from watching for some reason, looking into the info, of course it's a game adaption. The premise is pretty trashy and the only reason to give the 3 episode rule on my side is KanaHana girl
Apr 7, 2019 4:07 PM

Mar 2016
Looks like Madhouse really tried to make his best to give us this rushed-up mess. I'll re-watch it again later, if by then I'm still confused then I'll just drop it.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 7, 2019 4:15 PM

Jan 2008
So visually bad that I started laughing at how bad the visuals were to stay entertained. Not that I expected much from an obscure mobile game adaption.
Apr 7, 2019 4:23 PM
Apr 2016
Its fun hearing Sugita tomokazu and hanazawa kana together on this.
Apr 7, 2019 5:34 PM

Jul 2015
What nonsense is this lol
Apr 7, 2019 5:44 PM

Jan 2019
The whole "lost city" concept is interesting but the bad cgi kind of kill the action for me. Also the relation between the male and female MCs seems a bit forced.
Problem with this show is that seems rushed. Still may watch a few more episodes to see if gets any better.
Apr 7, 2019 6:07 PM

Jan 2011
I would happily have traded much of the cgi chase sequences for some character development, particularly the two main characters. The female mc also appears washed out and underdrawn which is a shame. I don't know what effect they were going for with their animation of her, but they ended up with unattractive and boring. Three episode Madoka rule invoked in the hope that it improves rapidly.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 7, 2019 6:33 PM

Mar 2019
Well that was interesting?... Kind of cool, kind of laughably bad at the same time. No idea what's going on, she's valuable yet an Apache is trying to mow them down, and some telekinetic dudes throwing chunks of metal and rock at her too. I guess she must be difficult to kill then if that's the case. The helicopter getting hit was really dumb though, the invincible flying/tank moped was also pretty silly. Curious about the mystery side of it though and some parts were cool.. But still very very mixed feelings after that lol
Apr 7, 2019 7:15 PM

Sep 2018
Liked it simply because Takuya's VA is the same guy who voices Sakata Gintoki & I could immediately tell.

Kidding. This was a strange one, I hope it fills in all the plot holes it's created. They have quite a cool world, hopefully we get character development (maybe they should take notes from Gintama, since they have the same VA).
Trailer was amazing too, had high hopes for this. Won't throw them away over the first episode, though.
Apr 7, 2019 7:25 PM
Nov 2015
Who'da thunk Madhouse would sink so low?
Apr 7, 2019 8:02 PM

Dec 2016
This episode was soo confusing! :/ Next episode will be better??

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

21 by Saku33 »»
Apr 6, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2019

21 by Saku33 »»
Apr 6, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 12, 2019

15 by Saku33 »»
Apr 6, 5:10 AM

Poll: » Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2019

47 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Aug 1, 2022 5:28 PM

Poll: » Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

38 by Yemi_Hikari »»
Mar 14, 2022 11:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.