Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2019 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The racing competition continues! Even in the seris' finale, the competition spirit doesn't die.

As the runners reach near the finishing line, I felt the excitement of this journey coming to an end. It's been such an emotional journey that lived up to its promise imo. It's cool to see the race finally conclude and Haiji reaching the finishing line.

Great usage of music too and so much emotion expressed in this finale. What a show, 8/10.
Mar 26, 2019 10:01 AM

Aug 2017
It was fine. The last arc was repetitive with everyone's backstory when they're running...Also, there is a few episodes with a weird characterization but nevermind...

6/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 26, 2019 10:06 AM

Nov 2007
Hino-san's character has already finished running.

Otaku guy worries about Toyonaga-san's character.

Main guy finished and it's Toyonaga-san's character's turn. Otaku guy's is happy. Main guy then immediately catch up to the end and ignored the reporters.

Toyonaga-san's character's feeling. Wanting to run.

Other teams learned that he got pain killer. He starts to act up as his vision becomes unclear and sweat is unusually a lot.

The pain returns when end is soon. They safely finished in top 10.

The main guy's line: the reason he wants to run is himself? (yup, the comments below confirms what I was not sure of)

3 years later? The dorm building getting construction. Before that they gathered together. Otaku guy's in "tuxido".

The girl really get into their university, and with longer hair.
tsubasaloverMar 26, 2019 9:57 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 26, 2019 10:11 AM

Jul 2017
Fantastic series, once again Production I.G reigns supreme in sports anime

On a side note does it ever get revealed in the novel who Hana likes?

Edit: Glad to see 8.47 score for this show. Finally getting some recognition it deserves lel
Short_CircutMar 28, 2019 10:17 AM
Mar 26, 2019 10:18 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Satisfying conclusion, this was a good show.
Mar 26, 2019 11:28 AM

Nov 2016
God, this episode was brilliant and I expected nothing less from the finale. Team Kansei did absolutely great, big respect.

It was such an emotional ride and to say that I'm gonna miss the boys would be an understatement.

5/5 episode again and simply a masterpiece of a show.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 26, 2019 12:06 PM

Aug 2015
fuck i lived for this anime! the most underrated anime ive watched in years!

thanks I.G, i fucking cried.

please a second season, we all want to see Kakeru's fourth year beating everyone!!

it was a blessing watching this anime, you gave me life.

Mar 26, 2019 12:11 PM
Feb 2019
Never thought an anime would motivate me to consider sporting again. So glad I stumbled upon this.
Mar 26, 2019 12:14 PM
Sep 2015
Wow, we now have two sports anime begin in 2018 that end with possible gay ending (hint: the other one is not made by KyoAni, and it was supposed to have tragic ending).

And, does Haiji end up being what coach? Sport coach or inspirational coach aka life coach? Because I personally don't like life coach occupation. There might be a good life coach like Haiji about 5% but other 95% are useless, and even harmful.
Mar 26, 2019 12:33 PM

Apr 2016
Quite the journey!

I wasn't so sure at the beginning that I would stick to this anime, Kakeru's personality was not my cup of tea but he and the whole team grew on me to the extent that I can say I loved the second part of the show.

As for this episode : I had to close my eyes when Haiji was shown in pain and of course I am glad Kakeru broke the record. I wish we wouldn't have been trolled about Hana chan's love (who is it in the end? ) and I would have loved to see Musa visiting Shindo's family, but well, that's nitpicking. These last weeks were extraordinary.

Great sport anime and even more so since I love running too.
Mar 26, 2019 12:34 PM

Feb 2017
As a former athlete that competed on high level I have to say that this is probably the most relatable anime I've ever seen. This show perfectly captured almost every feeling an athlete might have on his journey.

The cast of characters was phenomenal, with every character being mature, feeling real and extremely relatable, and also having great development.

Watching this show reminded me of those days I used to spend with my crew and friends, training and working towards something big together.

Everyone's different motivation to train, everyone finding their own idea of what the sport is. Even the way everyone hated it at first but gradually starting loving it somewhere along the way felt real.

Thank you Production I.G for giving us another masterpiece! 10/10
Mar 26, 2019 12:35 PM

Jun 2016
phantomfandom said:
Wow, we now have two sports anime begin in 2018 that end with possible gay ending

I don't really see where you find the "gay" in the ending?
Apr 2014
Kipper41 said:
fuck i lived for this anime! the most underrated anime ive watched in years!

thanks I.G, i fucking cried.

please a second season, we all want to see Kakeru's fourth year beating everyone!!

it was a blessing watching this anime, you gave me life.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the novel and manga finished long ago, so the anime probably finished off everything, it would be nice but sometimes it's for the best.

also if someone finds the manga, please link it, I only found one with 1 chapter and it's not helping. thanks in advance.

May 2016
It's that time again, that time when we say goodbye to another dear show for us, this sure was a long 6 month with so many great Tuesday nights Kansei Boys you are gonna be missed.

I hope this show gonna be picked up by other people in the future cause I think this anime deserves more than this.

When I saw Musa's beard I was sure that at least 20 years had passed lmao, in the end we still didn't knew who was Hana chan's crush lol.

Haiji san resolve was the most brightfull thing that made Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru so wonderful. 8/10
Mar 26, 2019 12:47 PM

Apr 2009
Felt like Production I.G. was shipping Kakeru and Haiji heavily in the last episodes, with the whole "I'm in love too (with running)" in the previous episodes and then "To me running is you" in this one.

What an ending.

I wonder how the original author feels about such a fantastic adaptation of her work.
Jin_uzukiMar 26, 2019 5:24 PM

Aug 2014
that was a very good anime, enjoyable from the start to the end, and the scene where his legs got fucked up was very well-executed.
Now when it comes to hana, I think that was probably the most useless plot I have ever seen, making a girl like one of the twins and not revelaing who it is nor continuing with the romance plot is probably the worst idea. I personally think she probably likes joji more considering how she noticed him not being there right after meeting them or like a comment I read a while back when she started crying whille going out with them, she likes both and can't choose.
7/10.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Sep 2015
Nexosan said:
phantomfandom said:
Wow, we now have two sports anime begin in 2018 that end with possible gay ending

Besides from the sparkling effect from those two, the previous episode Kakeru think now he know what falling in love feel like, with Jota/Joji (still can't remember their name) wondering who he mentioned. Now this episode Kakeru mentioned that Haiji is the answer, but to what question? Previous episode question or the new one, I don't know. That's why I said possible...
Mar 26, 2019 1:02 PM

Mar 2015
So....who hana loves? I don't understand.
Mar 26, 2019 1:04 PM

Jan 2018
Great ending to a phenomenal anime. Possibly AOTY for 2018, but if not it's definitely my AOTS for fall 2018.
Mar 26, 2019 1:11 PM

Aug 2014
this is hands down the best sports anime there is and one of the best animes ever.

Such a magnificent masterpiece i can't express it in words and no score makes justice.

Tuesdays just gotten a little sadder
Mar 26, 2019 1:17 PM

Apr 2009
lezerman said:
So....who hana loves? I don't understand.

Clearly the twins as she said in the previous episode, but the joke is that we don't know which one (Or if she likes both).

Mar 26, 2019 1:17 PM

Oct 2010
Very very strong anime. Sports anime are usually meh for me but I really liked this. I felt a bit drawn out overall and the last arc was felt like it tried to hard to make me "feel" but meh. Hana shit felt pointless too.
Mar 26, 2019 1:22 PM

Dec 2013
what a beautiful series. This last episode had everything i could've asked for especially seeing sakaki lose lmao. im a huge sports anime fan and this is no exception, this anime had everything that makes sports anime really enjoyable to watch. 10/10 for me and will probably rewatch time and time again.

This anime truly was a blessing to the boring tuesdays.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Mar 26, 2019 1:33 PM

May 2010
Hana totally likes both of them.

Also, I fucking loved this show. Wow.
Mar 26, 2019 1:38 PM

Jun 2016
phantomfandom said:
Nexosan said:

Besides from the sparkling effect from those two, the previous episode Kakeru think now he know what falling in love feel like, with Jota/Joji (still can't remember their name) wondering who he mentioned. Now this episode Kakeru mentioned that Haiji is the answer, but to what question? Previous episode question or the new one, I don't know. That's why I said possible...

I think that Haiji is the inspiration (!) for Kakeru to run, It's most likely not meant to be taken in a romantic way.
Mar 26, 2019 1:41 PM

Aug 2016
This series was amazing and I'm sad it's over.
The boys get their seeded 10th place by 2 seconds & Kakeru gets the course record by 1 second.
I love the flash forward with Musa rocking a beard, Prince has becoming a working man, Haiji as a coach and the Twins & Kakeru in their 4th year with a big running team. I'm suprised I actually think it was best leaving the Hana question unanswered, it worked.
This show was great and made it to my top five.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Mar 26, 2019 1:47 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fulfilling.

I didn't cry in this episode, i came close to it but it was so damn fulfilling, what a brilliant final.

I am so glad Haiji actually made it (even though it really looked like that one moment of pain ruined his running career).

Wonderful, i don't really have much else to say.

It's a 10.
Mar 26, 2019 1:48 PM

Feb 2008
As a runner, I got to say that I really, really liked this series.
My only gripe was the unrealistic paces they were running. Most of them were people that have never, or have barely, run in their lives yet after only a few months they were running close to elite level (and yeah, I know it's anime, but still...).
Mar 26, 2019 1:56 PM

Mar 2017
This anime was so much better than i thought it was gonna be. It was so inspiring and each character was so unique and bright in their own way. I loved that it was never about winning but about becoming a better person, for yourself and for your loved ones. I especially found Haiji amazing because he completely lost his future whilst still a teen and managed to pull himself from the darkness and disappointment of that experience and go on to inspire others to reach beyond their potential. Such a beautiful anime and i'm so sad it's finished!
Mar 26, 2019 2:10 PM

Mar 2016
What a ride...i mean run. 9/10

Mar 26, 2019 2:14 PM

Apr 2018
What an amazing final episode, they were absolutely great!

Kakeru and the twins have a very large team now, wouldn't also be bad seeing Haiji coaching; and makes quite the impression having Prince wearing a suit ahah
Mar 26, 2019 2:34 PM

Jan 2017
Well that was one joyful ride with those 10 guys.
Amazing episode and very good ending without any unnecessary drama.
My new favorite sports anime, and a well deserved 9/10!
Mar 26, 2019 2:44 PM

Jun 2008
I loved this show so much and I'm so sad it's over. This is exactly the type of sports anime that I'm into and I wish there were more like it. I barely have any complaints about it.

This will get my first 9/10 in a long time.
Mar 26, 2019 2:48 PM

Aug 2014
what's there to look forward to in tuesdays anymore

9/10, how i wish this would've been on of those sports animes that go on forever

Mar 26, 2019 3:11 PM

Dec 2009
One of the best sports shows I've watched.

Run with the Wind has crept up to the top sports anime shows.

What a ride it's been.

Production IG keeps on delivering!

9/10
Mar 26, 2019 3:18 PM

Feb 2019
Holy crap this ending was so great. I was loving this series from the beginning, but the part when Jou Twins were questioning running made me start hating the story progression. It got saved because of the resolution of the Kansei University Long Distance Track & Field. Plus, they didn't reveal Hana's decision. Bless- it could have been like Haiji or someone else which is cool with me. The time skip reunion, too, is huge to me. It felt right.
ファラオ
Mar 26, 2019 3:30 PM

Sep 2011
Well... It's over. I'm not sad though, the finale was really satisfying after all. Kakeru's section didn't take much time, and I got the epilogue I wanted. Seeing Haiji run against all the odds, living his dream even if it would cost him his leg, that was certainly something... Big, reckless and inspiring! My heart stopped for a moment when his leg/knee "broke" before he crossed the finishing line and Kakeru's expression got serious though, but he managed it. It wasn't shown much, but I guess his leg was permanently damaged after that. But he managed it, he lived that moment with everything he had, and I dare say it was worth it. He felt blessed after all, and he was.

And this may sound petty, but I can't put into words how glad I am that Kansei was precisely the university that ruined Sakaki's university chance of getting a seed. He must have felt mortified when Kakeru broke and overwrote an amazing record just a few minutes after it was made too. He did well in his section, but the insufferable guy got what he deserved.

Now, three years went by and Shindo and Hirata got incredibly hot. lol They are pretty much the same, but those haircuts helped a lot. I mean, Haiji got a job as a coach, and I'm sure that he is going to be a great coach who is truly going to help his students and raise amazing athletes, different from the ones we saw throughout the story. The twins and Kakeru continue to run too! The Kansei track team HAD a future after all, a future they got with their OWN effort, take that Sakaki!!! In your face!!!

My only hang up is that we didn't get to hear who Hana-chan liked after it was brought up so many times. I think that, unfortunately, it wasn't one of the twins since she was caught off-guard with the "which" question. Maybe it's Haiji, they knew each other for a while and who wouldn't like Haiji? Or maybe it's Kakeru because he is the protagonist and they breathed the same air once, but that would be so lame.

Anyways, it's really over... It was beautiful.
Mar 26, 2019 3:31 PM
Apr 2018
What to do with life now that this anime ended?
Mar 26, 2019 3:31 PM

Dec 2017
This ending was fantastic like the anime. It truly is an underrated anime. 5/5
Mar 26, 2019 3:35 PM

Jan 2018
What a fantastic show. Loved the little addition of the shooting star in the last shot.
Mar 26, 2019 3:39 PM

Jun 2015
Great Anime, I never thought it would be this good. There is only one question, who is the one Hana likes. I think it's Kakeru since the begining...
Mar 26, 2019 3:46 PM

Aug 2013
Great ending, i didn't though that this Anime will turn in a good stuff, best sports since a while logic and no superpowers needed, thanks for the staff who worked on this.
Mar 26, 2019 3:48 PM

Jan 2019
oh my god i cried so fcking much D:

Haiji is the man D:

cant wait to see Production I.G keep putting out sports shows they are doing a good job with that xD

next one probably the next season of haikyuu

yvanedisco said:
What to do with life now that this anime ended?

WE RUN

Mar 26, 2019 3:52 PM

Feb 2011
One of the best anime I've seen in a long time. 10/10, a masterpiece for me.
Mar 26, 2019 4:01 PM

Sep 2015
I'm usually not a fan of sports anime but I really liked that one. The story was engaging and the cast was well-developed throughout the show which made every character likeable. I'm happy with the finale even if that 3 year time-skip kinda came out of nowhere, that confused me a bit.

The only thing I wasn't fond of was the subplot with the twins and Hana, it was a bit out of place imo. So I'm glad they decided to not reveal which one Hana was in love with, that was a good way to avoid unnecessary drama.

I'll miss this show for sure, it was fantastic.
Mar 26, 2019 4:06 PM

Feb 2011
Ivanovskaya said:
I'm happy with the finale even if that 3 year time-skip kinda came out of nowhere, that confused me a bit.

The time skip was actually 2 years and 3 months long.
Mar 26, 2019 4:22 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic finale, very wholesome ending.

Kakeru handing off the sash to Haiji and earning his new record by beating Fujioka by literally a second. xD
Loved the parts where Haiji mentioned how running to him was representative of Kakeru and how the latter says that running is representative of Haiji.

Super glad that Kansei managed to get a seed position, the shots of all the members in tears really got to me. T.T

Overall, easily one of the best shows of the past two seasons. Outstanding show that showed more than just the sport, back in the initial episode I thought Haiji might be forcing everyone to run just so they can move forward from their stagnant lives. That might not have been entirely true but it's not entirely false either, watching all these guys go from nothing to something helped them move forward. Devoting themselves to something helped them find a direction in their life. As the show itself says, everything you want lies beyond the wind, everything you need to reach that place lies in your heart. As long as keep running forward with the hope that you'll make it, you will. :)
Production quality was absolutely fantastic, Yuki Hayashi delivered yet another incredibly sountrack and the sound direction for the show was top notch as well. Production I.G. once again cementing themselves as the studio to goto for sports anime. Absolutely brilliant show, deserves every ounce of praise it gets

9/10
Mar 26, 2019 4:26 PM

Nov 2016
I'm so gonna miss this show. Very satisfying finale and probably one of my favorite sports Anime ever. What I really loved were the strong character developements and the consequently several emotional scenes, which made me tear up.
I rarely do this, but this is a 10/10 for me
Mar 26, 2019 4:31 PM

Mar 2010
My notes while watching the episode:

"Whether i run or not, it hurts the same. Even if I fail, I want to do what my heart desires." - Haiji

I found this quote so nice. Makes me want to listen to my inner feelings as well.

I felt so happy for Kakeru as well. So Kakeru was the ideal form that Haiji never had. But i think Haiji was very lucky to meet Kakeru that day. And Kakeru saw a guide in Haiji. Perfection bromance :D

LOL at Kakeru still running after finishing his course and ignoring the interviewers.

As for the future, I think Haiji will become a coach as well. He'd be perfect for it.
Not sure about the others. Even if they are seeded, can they even run next year, lol. Unless some fans emerge and join Kansei university.
--> In the end i was right, he became a coach. Woof. I didn't quite like the 4 year time skip in the end though. A shorter time skip would have been better. Like something few days-weeks after the race would have been cool to see as well, and perhaps then move 4 years forward. I didn't get to understand fully what Haiji was supposed to be doing. I hoped he would coach the Kansei future team but i guess not. But woah Kansei got some pretty big team, and nice to see our main characters as the root cause of this miracle!

This was my personal favourite series during this airing season. So happy i could see it. And i'll definitely rewatch it in the future. (I have already rewatched most episodes, lol)
Mar 26, 2019 4:41 PM

May 2015
What a great wholesome story!

I like how this is not all about winning but something else you find in the process of doing what you love or never suspected you could love, everyone had his reasons for running and in the end, everyone got to see satisfying results.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2019

84 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2019

66 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

93 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2019

68 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2018

95 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 1:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.