Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Ratings: How often do you disagree with them?

New
Mar 25, 2019 11:35 PM

Nov 2016
So we all know about the MAL rating system (probably) - that being said, there's a lot of times i've rated a highly rated show under it's rating just because it didn't suit my taste. Personally, that rarely happens (one example of such was Dororo, I've only watched a few episodes and i'm going to give it more of a shot before completely dropping it, but it's rated quite low for me) but I think it's happened for everyone at least once.

Another example is long-running shows or shows with a lot of episodes, they kind of dominate the top 100 since the barrier to entry is seeing the previous animes, and if someone doesn't like the first season, they're going to be inflated as a result.

That being said, no ranking system is perfect and in my honest opinion, MAL's does a pretty dang good job overall, how often do you folks think a show is over or underrated?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 25, 2019 11:40 PM
Oct 2018
i'll watch shows regardless of ratings, the more popular shows will usually be rated higher
Mar 25, 2019 11:42 PM
Jun 2017
For me it's the manga ratings though. There's a lot of hidden gold manga that only got scored between 6 to 7 that not a lot of people talk about because of the low ratings.
Mar 25, 2019 11:55 PM

Nov 2007
Pitunov said:
For me it's the manga ratings though. There's a lot of hidden gold manga that only got scored between 6 to 7 that not a lot of people talk about because of the low ratings.

For instance Back to the Kaasan, perhaps?

windaeris said:
how often do you folks think a show is over or underrated?

Usually when the show is 1.5 points below my rating, I think it's underrated; when a show is 1.5 points above my rating, I think it's overrated.

Examples: Kemono no Souja Erin, Cross Game, Hibike! Euphonium etc are underrated.
On the other hand, SAO, Boke Dake, GATE etc. are overrated.

From this season, Kaguya-sama is underrated.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 26, 2019 12:01 AM

Aug 2017
"How often do you disagree with them?"

Never as I don't care about any form of ratings.
Mar 26, 2019 12:11 AM

Jan 2018
Nothing wrong with rating things lower than their score here on MAL. Most people rate way too high, imo. I kind of run with a middle-of-the-road system. I don't like abusing the high numbers because I like to have a clear line that differentiates the impact of the anime I've enjoyed. Typically with series, it goes like this:

10: Completely perfect. I've only ever given one "10."
9: Brilliant, and impacted me on a personal or emotional level.
8: Loved it, would totally rewatch it.
7: Liked it, but probably wouldn't rewatch.
6: Decent, but bored me a little.
5 or lower: Mediocre/bad movies, shorts, OVAs, specials, or stuff I dropped.

With this system (even though it's still rather generous imo), I still end up rating most shows I watch lower than their score here on the site. It's all preference and personal taste, as well as what value you choose to assign to the numbers you give. At the end of the day, though, I usually stay away from shows that have a score lower than 7 on MAL.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Mar 26, 2019 12:29 AM
Jul 2018
I actually have my rating system from 1-10 listed on my profile to make things clear. Me giving 6's more than anything else to anime is actually a positive thing since 6 is pretty good or decent in my book.

As I go higher in my rating system, the more picky I get with 9s and 10s being the most picky. I have one 10 right now and I doubt I will rate another show a 10 in a long time. A 10 is only allowed one flaw and it has to be very minor. It also must excel beyond all my expectations in story, characters, and atmosphere, as well as be very emotionally impactful. Not a requirement but it helps if it's substantial in length to get me to really care about the characters.

I honestly think the World Masterpiece Theater shows have the only chance of getting a 10 for me. Maybe Romeo's Blue Skies has a chance although it would have to maintain and elevate it in quality as it goes on for its runtime which would be difficult.

But really, that anime so far is so engaging with so many different subplots that don't feel overwhelming but instead make me very curious to see what lies ahead. Thing move in a fast pace as needed for an adventure show but never does it feel like it's skimping out on anything. And I feel it's genuine with its emotions.

OT: I often disagree with the MAL score. My tastes, criteria, and what qualifies as good or bad differs from others by a decent amount. I do try to understand others' opinions and I respect them.
removed-userMar 26, 2019 12:32 AM
Mar 26, 2019 12:35 AM

Apr 2017
I look at the reviews and synposis, if it seems interesting it goes on my PTW list.
I don't take note of MAL ratings but the ratings MAL gives for shows I dislike are vey disagreeable, elfen lied does not deserve 7.72
Mar 26, 2019 12:42 AM
Jul 2018
Pitunov said:

Finally someone is saying the truth
Many cool manga rated between 6 to 7. And also many cool anime rated between 7 to 8. I agree with it between 35% to 50% for anime, and 20% to 40% for manga I guess, based on my limit experience for sure. More often I disagree with it.
removed-userMar 26, 2019 2:53 AM
Mar 26, 2019 1:16 AM

Jan 2013
Pretty often probably, but I never think about it much.
Mar 26, 2019 1:40 AM

Dec 2016
Quite a lot frankly, there're a lot of titles I think are scored way too high and others way too low. I have to admit it was something that bothered me, but only at the beginning when I joined here, now it's like.....whatever, since it's pointless to feel troubled for something so frivolous really.
Mar 26, 2019 2:02 AM
Jul 2018
Pitunov said:

Definitely. Ano Ko No Ie was a great slice of life that somehow went under 7. Sakana no Yume is very niche so I get why that went under 7 but I thought that was truly great.
Mar 26, 2019 2:10 AM

Aug 2017
MAL scores are a joke. They mean nothing.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 26, 2019 2:15 AM

Dec 2017
More often than not I feel like the scores are too skewed towards the high end of the scale. A lot of the scores are concentrated around the 7-8+ range and not enough around the 5-6 range for "average/fine" on the scale. Which brings up a question of what differentiates an "average/fine" show from a "good/very good" show based off the score scale?

But then again, I don't really worry about scores since my scores are the only ones that matter.
Reina_OrikasaMar 26, 2019 10:59 AM
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Mar 26, 2019 2:19 AM
Super Saiyan

May 2017
I never disagree with the ratings. A rating of how good someone thinks a show is or how much they enjoyed said show, is completely objective and everyone one will see it differently and therefore rate it differently. The rating is simply the accumulation of these individuals opinions and then displayed as an average. The average rating doesn't effect my individual rating, and my individual opinions and enjoyment level of the show. So I can like or dislike something more than the average, but its hard to say the average is wrong or disagree with it because it's essentially taking into account everybody's opinion/rating.
Mar 26, 2019 2:23 AM
May 2016
Ratings do not affect me watching anything, and I like people having opinions so I don't bother much or question them because at the end of the day its up to them if they liked it or not.
Mar 26, 2019 2:25 AM
Jun 2017
shanimebib said:
Pitunov said:

For instance Back to the Kaasan, perhaps?

windaeris said:
how often do you folks think a show is over or underrated?

Usually when the show is 1.5 points below my rating, I think it's underrated; when a show is 1.5 points above my rating, I think it's overrated.

Examples: Kemono no Souja Erin, Cross Game, Hibike! Euphonium etc are underrated.
On the other hand, SAO, Boke Dake, GATE etc. are overrated.

From this season, Kaguya-sama is underrated.

Hey that's a nice recommendation right there! Btw i think kaguya-sama has got enough love already. I've seen a lot people posted funny moments of it on youtube and the manga fanbase is quite big so kaguya-sama is neither overrated nor underrated imo. I love kaguya-sama though ishigama yu is best boy lmao.
PitunovMar 26, 2019 2:30 AM
Mar 26, 2019 2:36 AM

Feb 2016
I use MAL ratings as a factor for determining whether I'll watch a show or not. If I then watch a show and, like you said, it didn't suit my tastes or I just thought it wasn't as good I'll give it a lower rating.

So for me there will always be overrated and underrated shows. It's just a general figure to give you an indication of a shows popularity imo.
TaloraelMar 26, 2019 2:46 AM
Mar 26, 2019 2:40 AM
Jul 2018
HungryForQuality said:

I honestly think the World Masterpiece Theater shows have the only chance of getting a 10 for me. Maybe Romeo's Blue Skies has a chance although it would have to maintain and elevate it in quality as it goes on for its runtime which would be difficult.

I'll dissapoint you but the producers and broadcasters did everything in their powers to ruin the show, ending it sooner than expected and thus changing the ending. In the original novel in the finale, a long chase takes place involving the kids from Milan to Lugano. This is entitely skipped in the series. Had it 50 episodes it would deserve a 10 indeed.
Thanks to the series I got to learn about the authors (L. Tetzner, K. Held) and read 3 other of their works (Red Zora, Giuseppe and Maria and the best and longest of all, the Children from Number 67, over 5 volumes). They both had to live in exile due to their political beliefs.
In a sense I am grateful to this series for providing me some of the best reading moments of my life.
Mar 26, 2019 3:38 AM

Oct 2018
The only thing on MAL I don't use to determine whether or not to watch a series is the score, especially for newer shows. With how all of them are scored a 7 would actually be an average show. The only times when a score properly reflects the show is when the show is fairly unknown or older.
Instead what I use is the reviews, I always look at a longer written review with a score ranging between 5 and 7 as those are usually the most representative of the series as a whole discussing flaws and good points both.
All according to keikaku

Read my terrible fanfictions here

Mar 26, 2019 3:40 AM

Nov 2016
I think Geass, OPM S1, Erased, AoT S1, and Tokyo Ghoul S1 are overrated (especially Geass)
Mar 26, 2019 4:09 AM

Sep 2015
I just started watching Hanasaku Iroha because I was looking to watch a SOL with a kinda rural setting~ish, something like Barakamon, and Flying Witch. The show has an MAL rating of 8.
Ep 1 and 2 my rating would have been an 8, but going past that it dropped to a 6 and is now somewhere between 6-7. (I'm currently on ep 6).
So this might be one case where my rating disagrees with MAL rating.

To give an idea of how i rate shows, If it's a
7 - I watched most of the show with interest and found it good.
8 - I really liked the show.
9 - I really liked the show and found it extremely engaging or entertaining.
10 - It's fukin great!
6 - Spent most my time contemplating why I am watching this, or just dropped.
Mar 26, 2019 4:12 AM

Jul 2014
https://graph.anime.plus/Sai-B/list,anime

Pretty often, but then again, I use 6/10 as average instead of 5/10.

I avoid underrating good shows that I don't like in two ways:
1. If I don't enjoy something I tend to drop it, and I don't rate dropped animes unless I've watched at least 50% of the episodes, so if there's a good anime I don't like, I'm likely to drop it before I get to rate it.
2. I rate animes with three factors: Enjoyment, Story, Characters - if there's an anime I don't enjoy, I can still acknowledge that it has a good story and characters but just isn't compatible with my tastes.
Mar 26, 2019 4:13 AM

Jul 2014
blueArgonaut said:
I just started watching Hanasaku Iroha because I was looking to watch a SOL with a kinda rural setting~ish, something like Barakamon, and Flying Witch. The show has an MAL rating of 8.
Ep 1 and 2 my rating would have been an 8, but going past that it dropped to a 6 and is now somewhere between 6-7. (I'm currently on ep 6).

10 - It's fukin great!

This is why MAL should switch over to the 1-5 scale.
Mar 26, 2019 4:39 AM

Dec 2012
I don't pay attention to them at all so I can't say.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Mar 26, 2019 4:39 AM

Sep 2015
Sai-B said:

I agree, it would make rating shows a whole lot easier and also reduce the effects of hate rating.
Mar 26, 2019 4:44 AM

May 2013
Disagree with them every time, to the point I don't even judge an anime by that score anymore. It doesn't even provide a clear cut interpretation of the result, to the point that people mix the quality of an anime with popularity.

I sometimes think that the bland discussions people start over silly ratings would be a lot less with a 3 point Like/Dislike/Neutral rating system (in other words : Like > 5, Dislike < 5, Neutral ==5 ).

As an example : "Why don't more people like this show ?"

as opposed to

"WHY DID THE SCORES DROP BY 0.01 "

The simpler choice of the two is obvious. The simpler choice also has a better chance of having a fruitful discussion (arguably an oxymoron on MAL, lol)
KreatorXMar 26, 2019 4:48 AM
Truly a Divine Comedy
Mar 26, 2019 4:53 AM
Sep 2017
Unpopular opinion, but I'm more inclined to agree rather than disagree. If a rating is within the ±1 range, then I don't have a problem with it.
“There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground ... and miss."
Mar 26, 2019 6:51 AM

Dec 2013
All the time, but I think that's because I'm not afraid to score shows lower than 6.
Mar 26, 2019 7:06 AM

May 2016
More often than I would like to. First, everyone rates differently. Some have their own rating scale which is completely different from MAL's. Ex: I give pretty much anything I enjoy 7+ whereas some might rate it a 4-5 but still really enjoy it. It all depends. Popularity also affects it a lot. Rising of the shield hero has a really high rating, due to it's popularity and push by advertisers. Whereas you look at anime shorts (roughly 15 or less minutes per episode) and they are rated below ~7 more often than they should. It may be rated 6.7 but it could be really good, and it can be rated 8.4, but be really uninteresting. You should pay more attention to if the anime sounds interesting, rather than what the rating of it is.
Mar 26, 2019 7:17 AM

Aug 2018
Well, talking strictly in numbers I mostly have a rating kinda close to the average. But if you take the context comparing them to certain shows or how the community thinks about certain shows I would say I mostly disagree.

For example I'm gonna say Myself;yourself: Me liking the show - 7, Average - 7.3, A dude that made just a review hating the show - 6. No fucking sense in that context !!!
Mar 26, 2019 7:22 AM

Aug 2018
Sai-B said:
blueArgonaut said:

10 - It's fukin great!

Noooooooooooo ! It needs a 0 - 100 scale !!! Not less, more ! 1 - 5 is a really bad scale and it shouldn't exist anywhere.
Mar 26, 2019 7:47 AM

Jul 2014
DaCraziGuy said:
Sai-B said:

Noooooooooooo ! It needs a 0 - 100 scale !!! Not less, more ! 1 - 5 is a really bad scale and it shouldn't exist anywhere.

The more you extend it the more abstract it becomes.
Mar 26, 2019 7:54 AM

Aug 2018
Sai-B said:
DaCraziGuy said:

The more you extend it the more abstract it becomes.
No, it lose meaning. There is always a one thing that you have to think, 1 it's the worse and 10 is the best and that applies to every scale. If you use a 1 - 5 scale you are going to have 1 and 2 unused, 3 or more would be what this kind of people would use. If you use 0 - 100 you are going to have the same issue. Also, if you have a rating system is not that hard to follow, I've used 1 - 5 scales with no problem, thinking that you "can" use another scale twisting the average score is dumb. If you have a system, use it.

Basically, the problem is the people, not scales. But the more precise the scalle the better you can explain yourself because you have more "tools" or room for expression.
Mar 26, 2019 7:55 AM

Jun 2014
All the time.

There are lots of Anime/Manga that I love, that have somewhat low scores. Not really low, but lower than I would rate them.

Then, there's also Anime/Manga that I thought was "pretty good," but other people rate extremely low, and "RErideD" is a good example of that.

Finally, there's Anime/Manga that I hate, and most of the stuff that I hate usually happens to be loved by many, and is ranked really high. It's a perfect example of how taste in media can differ significantly.

Mar 26, 2019 8:15 AM

Aug 2018
Hajime_Hinata said:
DaCraziGuy said:
Well, talking strictly in numbers I mostly have a rating kinda close to the average. But if you take the context comparing them to certain shows or how the community thinks about certain shows I would say I mostly disagree.

For example I'm gonna say Myself;yourself: Me liking the show - 7, Average - 7.3, A dude that made just a review hating the show - 6. No fucking sense in that context !!!
Nice forum pic....................
Hahahahaa ty, when I saw that scene I had to take the screenshot !! But you know what is better?? The animu from where I got it, lol. (jk, I don't recommend that show actually. It's W's, aka hand shakers S2).
Mar 26, 2019 10:43 AM

May 2009
windaeris said:
That being said, no ranking system is perfect and in my honest opinion, MAL's does a pretty dang good job overall, how often do you folks think a show is over or underrated?
I don't think it's that great -- it's basically just a popularity ranking, but it doesn't really match my tastes well.

As for how often do I think a show is overrated or underrated...

https://graph.anime.plus/GlennMagusHarvey/list,anime

If you click the "Diff" column header twice, you can see a ranking of how much my scores differ from the MAL scores.

Naturally, most scores will differ somewhat, because MAL only lets me rate on whole numbers but reports average ratings to two decimal places. So "how often" I feel a show's MAL rating doesn't match mine depends on what you consider a mismatch.

But you can look at the list and decide for yourself how many are mismatches.

If we set our standard as >1.0 absolute value difference for overrated and >1.5 absolute value difference for underrated (because my rating scale doesn't go up to 10), then these are the shows I think are overrated and underrated (not including shorts or extra episodes), in order from most underrated to most overrated:

* underrated: Beatless, Final Fantasy: the Spirits Within, Atelier Escha & Logy, Stratos 4, Umi Monogatari, Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm, Rocket Girls, The Tower of Druaga, Vivid Strike, Haruhi, Kiddy Grade, Tales of Zestiria the X (first season), Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Nanoha (first season and StrikerS), [Magic Knight Rayearth, Yosuga no Sora, The iDOLM@STER, Chain Chronicle, Dragon Crisis, Beyond the Boundary, and Rinne no Lagrange (first season)]

(the [] shows are between >1.0 and >1.5 difference, so essentially, we can exclude those if we're using @shanimebib's standard of >1.5)

* overrated: Pokémon the First Movie, Chivalry of a Failed Knight, Spirited Away, Naruto, Dragonaut, The Asterisk War (first season), Millennium Actress, Hundred, Sailor Moon, Gunbuster, Jinki: Extend, Yukikaze, Mai-HiME, AKB0048 Next Stage, The Sacred Blacksmith, Dragonar Academy, Guilty Crown, Minami-ke, Valkyrie Drive, Haganai, DearS, Lucky Star, Prisma Illya, No Game No Life, Date a Live, Madoka Magica, Humanity Has Declined, Assassination Classroom, End of Evangelion
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Mar 26, 2019 10:47 AM

Jul 2016
There're a fair amount of structural problems with MAL's rating system, so I've basically learned to ignore it when looking at a show.
Mar 26, 2019 10:48 AM

Mar 2019
Greyleaf said:
Nothing wrong with rating things lower than their score here on MAL. Most people rate way too high, imo. I kind of run with a middle-of-the-road system. I don't like abusing the high numbers because I like to have a clear line that differentiates the impact of the anime I've enjoyed. Typically with series, it goes like this:

10: Completely perfect. I've only ever given one "10."
9: Brilliant, and impacted me on a personal or emotional level.
8: Loved it, would totally rewatch it.
7: Liked it, but probably wouldn't rewatch.
6: Decent, but bored me a little.
5 or lower: Mediocre/bad movies, shorts, OVAs, specials, or stuff I dropped.

With this system (even though it's still rather generous imo), I still end up rating most shows I watch lower than their score here on the site. It's all preference and personal taste, as well as what value you choose to assign to the numbers you give. At the end of the day, though, I usually stay away from shows that have a score lower than 7 on MAL.

That's pretty much the system I use. I don't know if I'm just really generous with ratings or good at picking things I know I will like but my mean score is pretty high. Maybe a combination of both.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2019 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
petran79 said:
HungryForQuality said:

I'll dissapoint you but the producers and broadcasters did everything in their powers to ruin the show, ending it sooner than expected and thus changing the ending. In the original novel in the finale, a long chase takes place involving the kids from Milan to Lugano. This is entitely skipped in the series. Had it 50 episodes it would deserve a 10 indeed.
Thanks to the series I got to learn about the authors (L. Tetzner, K. Held) and read 3 other of their works (Red Zora, Giuseppe and Maria and the best and longest of all, the Children from Number 67, over 5 volumes). They both had to live in exile due to their political beliefs.
In a sense I am grateful to this series for providing me some of the best reading moments of my life.

I'll definitely read the books after completing the series. Even the top review for the show mentioned that from episode 24, it becomes very rushed. That's kinda disappointing but even then, I'll likely enjoy this more than 90% of anime. Thanks for the response.
removed-userMar 26, 2019 10:54 AM
Mar 26, 2019 10:56 AM

Jul 2016
I don't use MAL scores at all. Thanks to the crappy way MAL aggregates scores I statistically agree higher on shows I rate 7 or 8 than anything else since most people use the 5-10 scale when rating things and those are the medians (which is the only reason as to why Aldnoah Zero, a 7.55, has anything above a 1). This means my biggest disagreements would be shows I think suck but are popular and well-liked by most people as well as shows I love but most people find average or suck.
Mar 26, 2019 11:02 AM
Jul 2018
I think some of my favorite anime like One Piece are kinda underrated cause...well lets talk about One Piece. One Piece is the highest selling manga in the world and has sold the most copies. Yet it's manga ranks 4 in the Top manga category. I think it should be a bit more higher??
but again that's just my opinion
but yeah overall, I think the rating system of MAL is pretty good
Mar 26, 2019 11:17 AM

Apr 2014
I tend to disagree with them a lot of the times, as a lot of great shows have a rating that's lower than 7, which is low in MAL standards.
Mar 26, 2019 11:20 AM

Jul 2016
Your Name is a garbage movie, and Gintama is an overrated franchise. Mushishi is awful. I Want To Eat Your Pancreas is a joke.

Safe to say I disagree with the ratings.
Mar 26, 2019 12:01 PM

Jun 2017
Don't know because I don't really care nowadays
Mar 26, 2019 12:14 PM

Dec 2015
Not much honestly. Maybe because I'm tolerant at some point. But oh boy, when I disagree with them, I usually get mad (I know it's kind of stupid to be mad about this, but maybe it's because I trust most of the ratings of the site)
Mar 26, 2019 12:16 PM

May 2018
Roughly about 50 titles out of top100 should be <7

Mar 26, 2019 12:19 PM

Jul 2015

Explain this shit, please.

Overall, MAL scores hold no authority whatsoever. Overrated shit is getting high scores, while really good anime is getting low scores. It is becoming more apparent in the last few years.
PiromyslMar 26, 2019 12:24 PM

Mar 26, 2019 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
Seeing how the majority of ratings seem to be 7, I'll say a lot. From this season alone, I already disagree that Neverland and The Quintuplets. I think they are rated too highly. Neverland is good(a strong 6/10), sure, but I wouldn't say it's one of the best anime out there deserving of a high 8. As for the Quintuplets, it honestly comes off to be near the same quality as Magic-Kyun. I disagree with it's high seven, I'm actually thinking of giving it a 3. Additionally, Laughing Salesman NEW is really underrated I scored it 8/10 compared to its current light 6/10 score(which is below average for this site).

Anyway, my point is that most scores on MAL I disagree with. Some of them I can see like Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu and Erin where I see a great deal of quality, so, of course, being labeled a mid or high 8 seems deserving. However, in most cases, I have a strong disagreement with MAL's scores.
Mar 26, 2019 3:33 PM

Jul 2016
Peaceful_Critic said:
Seeing how the majority of ratings seem to be 7, I'll say a lot. From this season alone, I already disagree that Neverland and The Quintuplets. I think they are rated too highly. Neverland is good(a strong 6/10), sure, but I wouldn't say it's one of the best anime out there deserving of a high 8. As for the Quintuplets, it honestly comes off to be near the same quality as Magic-Kyun. I disagree with it's high seven, I'm actually thinking of giving it a 3. Additionally, Laughing Salesman NEW is really underrated I scored it 8/10 compared to its current light 6/10 score(which is below average for this site).

Anyway, my point is that most scores on MAL I disagree with. Some of them I can see like Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu and Erin where I see a great deal of quality, so, of course, being labeled a mid or high 8 seems deserving. However, in most cases, I have a strong disagreement with MAL's scores.

The new hyped up shonen/show will get a higher rating than a excellent show that aired ten or twenty years ago, ALWAYS
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - 12 hours ago

46 by Ricchan__ »»
11 seconds ago

Poll: » hate watching

deg - Apr 14

49 by Kenzolo-folk »»
17 seconds ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

60 by bucciest »»
59 seconds ago

» Would you be surprised if someone said your favorite anime was the greatest anime of all time? ( 1 2 )

MeanMrMusician - Mar 28

54 by notPara »»
2 minutes ago

» Which character in your favorites is the most down bad / warped personality?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 5

22 by Kenzolo-folk »»
3 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.