Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2019 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh my goodness, Haru is in for a treat this episode with some very delicious cat food. Good for her.

Seems Subaru is trying to understand Haru better. I got the impression this episode made food more relevant than usual. Still really enjoy the character chemistry between Haru and Subaru. They really bring in a lot of moments in this anime.
Mar 13, 2019 9:29 AM

Apr 2016
Supermarkets are scary places.
Mar 13, 2019 10:01 AM

Sep 2013
All in all Hiroto can be usefull from time to time.

Subaru is also slowlly growing.
Haru keeps worrying about Subaru not eating, I hope he will just fix his habit so she doesn't need worry anymore.
Haru-chan is also really cute, I hope she visits again.

Seems next chapter we will be going back to dieting.
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Mar 13, 2019 11:58 AM

May 2018
Haha, Hiroto saves the day in supermarket. I'm glad that Subaru tried cooking for himself and Haru too. Loved this episode <3
Mar 13, 2019 12:42 PM

Jun 2015
i really love the character relations here, especially subaru and haru's relationship that grows a ton~
Mar 13, 2019 12:51 PM

Dec 2014
well haru is so adorable and caring... l like this show so much...sad that only 2 episodes left
Mar 13, 2019 1:02 PM
Jul 2017
Disturbing that the show is advocating a vegetable-heavy diet for cats. There’s nothing wrong with dry cat food, cooked meat, or even raw meat. I’ve seen an animal rescue series where the cats were starving because their clueless owner wanted them to “go vegan”. For a series about cat ownership, they sure got it wrong.
Mar 13, 2019 1:29 PM
Jan 2015
Glassgrenado said:
Disturbing that the show is advocating a vegetable-heavy diet for cats. There’s nothing wrong with dry cat food, cooked meat, or even raw meat. I’ve seen an animal rescue series where the cats were starving because their clueless owner wanted them to “go vegan”. For a series about cat ownership, they sure got it wrong.
If you weren't paying attention, there was chicken in that meal too soooo...
My Queens

Mar 13, 2019 1:42 PM

Sep 2011
Hiroto's little sister and human Haru are good kids. They weren't a bother, and they even gave Subaru a little push so he would cook for Haru and himself. This is definitely a progress.

Hiroto is also as great as ever, he saved the day. Going grocery shopping may be simple for outgoing people, but it can be really stressing and overwhelming for someone who isn't used to it. As for Haru, she continues to be really cute! She hurt Subaru's feelings for a moment, but she just wanted to be sure he also had something to eat. It's almost enough to bring tears to my eyes.
Mar 13, 2019 1:57 PM

Nov 2016
This episode epitomized that (good) food is indeed life.

And Haru was soo cute again <3

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 13, 2019 3:21 PM

Feb 2007
Ah, poor Haru sure has a lot of trouble keeping this guy properly fed... :D
Mar 13, 2019 5:08 PM

Dec 2014
Haru is such an adorable cat, she loves food too much though. XD
Mar 13, 2019 5:52 PM

Oct 2008
Nice! Subaru is trying to learn how to cook! for Haru and as well for himself!
4/5.

Mar 13, 2019 6:35 PM

Feb 2019
it's cute how Haru is worried about Subaru's health, unfortunately she can't really relay her message to him well. but his grocery shopping trip was a somewhat success though :D
Mar 13, 2019 9:00 PM

Mar 2016
The shopping scene is soooooo relatable for everyone, good thing he got help at the supermarket. Again, Haru is a cute little thing.
Subaru is really full of regrets.
Also, you don't mess with Haru, or...

Two episodes left? Man... Is there any way we can keep this series on air like, forever?
el_morrisMar 13, 2019 9:11 PM
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 13, 2019 9:47 PM

Oct 2017
Subaru and Haru are so pure!!!!! <3
Mar 14, 2019 4:07 AM

Mar 2016
The text message scene was hilarious.

Subaru keeps on having the same experiences as me, like having children worry about you or supermarket anxiety.

Haru's perspective is somehow always related to food. She gives the episode a whole new meaning every time.
Mar 14, 2019 6:11 AM

Jul 2014
Decent episode once again, though as it continuing to become a trend there was more interesting stuff in Subaru's perspective than in Haru's (though it's cute how Haru constantly worries about whether Subaru is eating enough food or not).

A little thing I noticed in the art department this episode is how inconsistent it was about Haru's collar; sometimes she'd have it on and sometimes she wouldn't. It doesn't really matter that much, but it did stand out to me.
Mar 14, 2019 10:50 AM

Jul 2009
Can we just talk about how Subaru cares so much he cut the daikon in to extremely small equally sized cubes?! My god he’s adorable! (Can’t believe he tried to measure her mouth too xD)
Mar 14, 2019 11:11 AM
Jan 2019
Another episode of the anime purifier of the season. It fills me with so much joy and calm 😅.
Seeing Subaru prepare food for Haru was a funny thing, especially at the supermarket 😂, but in the end he did it. It is moving to see how she cares for her kitten and how she improves by relating to other people.
Mar 15, 2019 1:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, this show is just too sublime!

Subaru cutting those pieces so delicately and affectionately so that it wouldn’t harm Haru and Haru just being the food addict yet the ever-so carrying and over-worrisome sweet cat that she is, is just too good! Subaru finally understanding the ways of a cook was really nice too and that moment of realisation of the past was really heavy, I must say. Haru, then, showing her concern for him at that very moment, god these two were just meant for each other! Lol @ Haru’s train of thoughts there though, it’s hilarious how she passed out there. Guess she was just too worried about him, lol. No wonder why she’s been awfully noisy as of late, xD. Subaru getting more visitors and just the whole buildup at the start of the episode there was really nice, some people just never change it seems. Damn, Hiroto’s sister flurry of harsh Qs there though, lol poor Subaru. Little scene of Hiroto helping out Subaru in the supermarket was really cool, good thing Subaru is blessed with some wonderful people.

Looks like we’ll be back to Haru’s dieting next episode, eagerly looking forward to it! I hope we don’t get too many repetitions though.

On another note, just two more episodes. I wish this show’d just last forever, but here’s to hoping these two upcoming episodes will be just as great as these 11, if not better. Season 2 better be coming too!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 15, 2019 1:43 AM
Jun 2017
How sweet haru is, she did really is concern about her owner if he does eat his food etc...

Love this episode and this time she have eaten a food usually she hasnt eaten.
Mar 16, 2019 7:08 PM
Apr 2018
Swagernator said:
Supermarkets are scary places.

Indeed, they are. Maybe I need to start taking an extrovert with me when I go?

Anyway, I don't normally like "cute" anime, but I really like this one. It would be nice if it got a second season.
Mar 27, 2019 5:05 AM

Jun 2013
I thought both twins were boys, is one of them a boy and the other a girl? I didn't realize it.

Also, forgot to mention two episodes back how cool it is to find the girl, Haru, who fed Haru neko when she was still a stray. Their world is very small.

臭い-
Mar 27, 2019 6:53 AM

Aug 2017
Another cute episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 28, 2019 2:25 AM

Dec 2016
Pretty nice and adorable episode
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 6, 2019 2:51 PM

Sep 2015
Amaama to Inazuma, anyone? Moments with home-cooked meals are to be treasured.
Apr 8, 2019 11:48 AM

May 2012
Very wonderful episode if you ask me, really liked the general development and you can really see himself as a person also "growing up". Pretty nice development! Let's see what's next.
Apr 8, 2019 1:20 PM

Mar 2010
Haru-chan human form is a perfect future wife material. Just wait 10 years, Subaru :'D
Apr 18, 2019 6:12 PM

Oct 2017
Has no one noticed the pure fact that he was just there in the hall eating a piece of bread with the whole bag there as his dinner!
I think the greatest fact is that now that he cooks for his cat and wants him to eat well he is actually finally cooking for himself and eating real food and being somewhat actually healthy.

He even takes more naps now lol
Apr 21, 2019 12:34 PM

Jul 2016
Cute episode but not as entertaining as the previous ones. It was really nice to see Haru-chan again tho.

Two more episodes to go.
Aug 23, 2019 5:20 PM

Sep 2018
This is so sweet, MC do all the effort for the first time for Haru-chan.. it's too sweet, I can't helped but to ship them lol hahahaha
I'm hoping to have this a fantasy genre and make Haru a human hahahaha
Mar 10, 2020 3:19 AM

Oct 2012
Supermarket is a scary place, especially when you can't say "No" xD

Awwww, Haru.. what a tsundere cat xD
"Signature removed"
Mar 10, 2020 7:26 AM
Sep 2019
Hiroto is the bestest friend!
The little ones are nice too, it was nice seeing Subaru interacting with them. And the cute recipe!!
It is very telling (and probably realistic) that top priority for Haru is food!
Finally, I really like every time Subaru calls Haru, VA uses such a soft and soothing voice! ♥️
Mar 8, 7:19 AM

May 2020
Narumi and Haru came to meet Haru 😹. Hiroto mentioned that it’s best to bring food for Subaru 🤣. Subaru asks for a recipe and he gets a blindingly cute one 🤣. Gosh, he’s terrible at cooking.

Hiroto is indeed a reliable saviour for Subaru. Subaru was cute when he got saved.

Haru always forgets saving up for Subaru while eating 😹😹😹. She gets totally immersed in food.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2019

92 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 9, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2019

36 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2019

37 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2019

29 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2019

49 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 3:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.