Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 11, 2019 10:58 AM
Apr 2016
This episode revolved around Hyakkimaru's brother, it was pretty nice. Hyakkimaru at the end came and killed the monster, though Hyakkimaru's brother did most of the work, he's rather strong too, but he has nothing on Hyakkimaru. Good episode.
Mar 11, 2019 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
finally the mystery is revealed, hyakkimaru does have a pee pee
Mar 11, 2019 11:35 AM
Feb 2016
Really liked this episode. Was nice to see the both of them meet in some form of way
Mar 11, 2019 11:58 AM

Jan 2019
Hyakkimaru was like "Lemme show you how you kill a monster"
Mar 11, 2019 12:05 PM

Feb 2018
Great episode. We got to see some good character development here.

I didn't really like Tahomaru at first. I thought he would turn out to be kind of a bratty kid villain, but he redeemed himself here by showing his skills and loyalty to his people. I kind of like his bodyguards too.

I'm wondering if Hyakkimaru got anything back from defeating this monster, or not because he didn't strike the killing blow?

They brothers finally meet! I'm hoping what will happen is Tahomaru will get to know Hyakkimaru and come to like him before he learns who he really is, then have to make a decision to be on his father's side or Hyakkimaru's. He seems like a good guy but both him and Hyakkimaru have different goals, so I'm interested to see how that develops.

Or maybe he'll see Hyakkimaru's amulet, put two and two together, and have a fight to the death.. haha. Either way, it's going to be good!
Mar 11, 2019 12:24 PM

Mar 2016
Tahoumaru was a surprisingly good person. I wonder what would make him fight against Hyakki like in the opening.

I love how this story gets so unpredictable even though it is adapted from an extremely old story. The only thing I could predict was the fact that Hyakki would kill the monster at the end.

Never thought Tahou would have any amount of intelligence at all. Perhaps it is because I heard people calling him Ahomaru, which made me think he'd be dumb.

We don't know much about the daddy-maru. (Forgot his name). His next move would depend on how much he cares for his children. While he easily gave up Hyakki, it does look like he cared for Tahou.
Mar 11, 2019 12:32 PM

Jul 2014
An episode focusing on Tahomaru was a decent change of pace, as he's a character we've definitely needed to find out more about. His meeting with Hyakkimaru at the end could have some interesting ramifications, especially given that Daigo won't share the secret with him.
Mar 11, 2019 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
Quite interesting episode and added lot of depth to Tahomaru's character and made it more fitting which the original was highly lacking and made him as lame as people' initial impression. I also liked how Tahomaru meet Hyakkimaru for the first time.

Sadly I have to admit animation was lacking this time around but still okay. Hopefully it doesn't go like this on the important episodes.
Mar 11, 2019 12:46 PM

Apr 2018
Don't know why but I have a different feeling while seeing dororo than before.
Mar 11, 2019 12:48 PM

Aug 2012
1. No part of himself gained back this time?
2. again trying to make H father better than he is
3. H brother also got a new personality, less wicked

It is not a bad incarnation of the story but it still bothers me the fact it tries to justify H father actions
Mar 11, 2019 12:50 PM

Aug 2012
CCC47 said:
Daigo not telling Tahomaru his secret might be his downfall, because then Tahomaru wanted to beat the monsters just like Hyakkimaru, and together they both beat that crab. Tahomaru meeting with Hyakkimaru at the end was so cool! I wonder what will happen next!
Mar 11, 2019 12:51 PM

Aug 2012
Short_Circut said:
Funny how different the approach was to defeating this monster compared to how Hyakki just 420 rks them. Also seems like he's starting to get used to speaking

And damn this show is starting to be like Shadow of the Collussus with all the statues breaking after the demons are defeated

phxntomhiveghoul said:
i actually really like tahomaru. he's kind of a stuck up prick, but he's also loyal to his people and seems to have his head in the right place. i can't wait for him and hyakkimaru to come face-to-face for real.

Yea he definitely is very loyal. I feel like this sense of loyalty is gonna be his downfall come the end
I would say is the other way around considering the story of Dororo being much older.
Mar 11, 2019 12:53 PM

Aug 2012
FuMomo-kun said:
Tahoumaru was a surprisingly good person. I wonder what would make him fight against Hyakki like in the opening.

I love how this story gets so unpredictable even though it is adapted from an extremely old story. The only thing I could predict was the fact that Hyakki would kill the monster at the end.

Never thought Tahou would have any amount of intelligence at all. Perhaps it is because I heard people calling him Ahomaru, which made me think he'd be dumb.

We don't know much about the daddy-maru. (Forgot his name). His next move would depend on how much he cares for his children. While he easily gave up Hyakki, it does look like he cared for Tahou.
Jealousy... simply that
Mar 11, 2019 1:06 PM

Mar 2014
I was afraid Tahomaru was going to be an incompetent brat who is just angry and ignorant. I'm so glad I was wrong: he's loyal (helping people in need despite his rank), strong, even smart.

Knowing that the two brothers will eventually face each other, I'm a bit afraid to see the outcome. Not confident his aides will survive in the long run either.
Mar 11, 2019 1:21 PM

Jan 2018
Hyakki's baby brother is so awesome, despite his asshole father and unstable mother, he turned out honorable and kind <3

....Which instantly makes me think shit's gonna hit the fan at some point and they're not gonna get to enjoy any kind of brotherly love xD It's just too good to be true, two briliant bros fighting against their monstrous father ... oh, well, a gurl can dream!

I wonder if Hyakki's mom will ever see him again ..

Mar 11, 2019 1:22 PM
Dec 2016
This episode is vaguely based on the real history and geography of Ishikawa.
Ishikawa = ishi/stone and kawa/river, thus a rocky delta area. The tributaries appear and disappear at random and people were troubled with flood disasters and drought. It's well-drained sandy land so people needed even more water. That's why water system has been a critical problem to the rulers.
The problem was solved by a big canal project in Edo era and a dam project in Showa era.
It is also true that Ishikawa has some lagoons alongside the coast.
e_hobaMar 11, 2019 3:01 PM
Mar 11, 2019 1:48 PM

Sep 2011
I'm always being impressed by Dororo, this was another great episode.

I totally underestimated Tahomaru's skills and judgement. I thought that he was going to need to be saved by Hyakkimaru as soon as he got in one of those boats for the first confront against that youkai, but he fought bravely and with wisdom. To be fair he does have two really talented and skilled retainers, but still. I wish Hyogo would lift me up too. lol

I'm starting to see promise in the character now. I thought he was only going to be an insufferable, sheltered and spoiled young man, and he might still prove to be just it. But I see him and his retainers adding a lot to the narrative. Even though they drugged someone who almost committed suicide because of it.

Right now he is still convinced that his father made their land prosperous with his own effort, and idolizes him. But now, when he finds out the truth behind this land, he might react in two ways: be in denial and refuse to accept that this prosperity was built upon the (almost) sacrifice of an innocent life who survived against all odds. Or have the image of his father shattered and side with his brother instead of trying to kill him or unfairly resent him. I doubt it's going to be the latter, but one can dream.
Mar 11, 2019 1:50 PM

Sep 2011
Great episode that does start shining an interesting light on where the show will go, Tahomaru seems like a genuinly great person thats built to be a kind leader but hes going to be placed in a tricky situation not knowing the extent of whats going on, I wonder if the show will make him stay an antagonsit the whole way or if maybe he will defect from his father's side over time. Regardless I hope the show treats him like a tertiary protagonist going foreword just to give the series a more rounded perspective and scale away from hyakimaru's point of view, I remember reading the stage play of the series did that so hoping its done here.

Hatsuyuki said:
Am I going crazy or is the art & animation getting downgraded with every new episode that comes out ?

nah that was clearly a stylistic choice, the movement during that part was way too fluid to be some error. And outside of that this episode was far more impressive animation wise than the past few have been especially when you take into account just how much movement there was with the water animation.
JizzyHitlerMar 11, 2019 1:53 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 11, 2019 1:54 PM

Apr 2015
Tahomaru is a good guy, perhaps I had the wrong impression of him at first. Actually nice that Hyakkimaru and Tahomaru meet like that, eventhough neither knows they are brothers. I love how Hyakkimaru almost steals the glory for killing that crab.

Also, more and more words are coming from Hyakkimaru's mouth, love to hear more from him!
Mar 11, 2019 1:55 PM

Oct 2014
Love the relationship Tahomaru has with his 2 bodyguards! <3
Mar 11, 2019 2:03 PM

Feb 2015
Honestly I think this series is shaping up to be a modern classic. Another great episode.
Mar 11, 2019 2:33 PM
Mar 2018
The two warriors finally cross paths. Hyakkimaru and Tahomaru!
Mar 11, 2019 2:50 PM

Nov 2016
Great episode as always. I'm already eagerly waiting for the next one and what turn the story is going to take now.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 11, 2019 2:55 PM

Mar 2017
Wow, i really like Tahomaru's character. I hope he can see past his fathers lies and side with his brother.
Mar 11, 2019 3:27 PM
Oct 2017
Nice episode, I wonder if hyakkimaru will ever get to meet his mother.
Mar 11, 2019 4:48 PM
May 2015
Huh, I finally get the purpose of all the praying scenes that Hyakkimaru's mother gets. She is the reason Hyakkimaru has had so much luck, power and success over the years with her constant praying towards the God of Mercy. To combat the divine powers Daigo called out, the praying (which I bet she doesnt even do with the hope he is still alive), her devotion to her son out ways Daigo's to his country. That's some good shit. I realized this when they hit that final scene.
Mar 11, 2019 5:05 PM
May 2015
nightcrawlercyp said:

It is not a bad incarnation of the story but it still bothers me the fact it tries to justify H father actions

I think you are misinterpreting narrative techniques. Firstly, we are simply being given character development that shows a side of Tahomaru we didnt see previously in the anime before. Or are you talking about in comparison to the original? If so, I think it's rather unfair to mark the show's current quality with the only qualifier being how closely it resembles the work its adapting.

Secondly, with Daigo, the show itself is not trying to "justify" the actions of the father. This episode was told in Tahomaru's perspective, and with his Warped view due to his upbringing and bias towards the man in question. He is a unreliable episode protagonist, nothing more. Also, you claimed that this is somehow happening again. Care to elaborate on the other instances? Because, if you've been watching, every episode thus far has illustrated the consequences of Daigo's dealings with demons since ep 1. Whether it be war, poverty or the demons themselves.
Mar 11, 2019 5:11 PM

Sep 2007
I don't think that crab died quite yet when the scene ended and it cut away....I didn't see a statue crack...there was just growling....

I guess it would be quite odd for the end of the ep to suddenly have little bro see Hyakki grow back a limb out of no where.....if they don't skip this fact, I'm sure it will/should be shown at the beginning of the next episode.....maybe....

On another note......I only saw Hyakki missing one leg and two arms while he was "bathing" [*grin*] and of course he's missing sight...so everything else he's missing must be internal and we wouldn't necessarily see him getting it back...unless he winces or something.... (does he have like sense of taste for instance? I wonder....)

Otherwise in the words of Hyakki

"Manju?"

:)
IkanoMar 11, 2019 5:15 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 11, 2019 6:06 PM

Aug 2018
So bigfoot and giant crab were random demons?
Mar 11, 2019 7:19 PM

Oct 2015
bUt ThE mAnGa WaS bEtEeR
Grub4dos said:
Grub4dos said:

wot's that gif from
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 11, 2019 7:21 PM
Dec 2017
Another really solid episode! I was pretty annoyed with Tahomaru before this episode since he didn't really serve any purpose other than a spoiled rich kid with great eyebrows, but after seeing him solving a conflict within his father's land makes me actually want to see him become lord. Heck, he was so interesting in this episode that I was almost disappointed when Hyakkimaru (whom I love to bits) took over because dangit Hyakki, let your brother have his moment!
The bodyguards Hyogo and Mutsu were also really cool. They almost act like Tahomaru's surrogate parents where Daigo is lacking. It makes me think of Lan Fan and Fu from FMA.
Also please correct me if I missed something, but did Hyogo somehow manage to get out of the crabby monster's mouth when Hyakkimaru swooped in? I thought he died but then I saw him in the boat :/
Mar 11, 2019 7:41 PM
Sep 2017
Truly enjoying this show every week! Was very excited to see Hyakki & Taho so close to each other - it’s kind of a shame Taho didn’t see Hyakki’s medallion! I know this could go either way - they may end up enemies, but I’m reallllly hoping they get to know each other & team up against a-hole dad!
I didn’t like Taho before, but he’s shown himself to be a good guy who cares about his people, as well as being brave & strong. His dad definitely doesn’t give him enough credit. It’s also kinda understandable how his mom basically ignoring him most of his life would get to him, & cause him to try to get her attention, which made him seem like a brat before now.
Had to LOL at people’s comments here about a certain appendage that Hyakki is apparently NOT missing! Hahahahaha!
Mar 11, 2019 7:42 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

I kinda thought Tahomaru would be more bratty but it turns out he's a genuine guy who really wants to help his people. Took quite the liking to him as this episode progressed.

It was cool to see Tahomaru and co trap the beast and attempt to take it down. While Hyakkimaru might have stolen the spotlight at the very end I'm sure Tahomaru's good intentions will live on in the people.

The final scene with Tahomaru just riding by on the boat looking at Hyakkimaru was quite poignant.
Mar 11, 2019 8:02 PM

Aug 2018
Golden_Scarlett said:
wot's that gif from

It's just a gif of mega man hitting moles.
Mar 11, 2019 8:03 PM
Dec 2016
btw, Mutsu and Hyogo are probably sons of Tahoumaru's wet nurse. That kind of people are called menoto-go.
Samurai raise their children with their wet nurses' sons. They are vassals but sometimes young lords' best friends.
It's like Reinhard and Kircheis in LoGH.

[edit]People on twitter say Mutsu is female. Another reverse trap in this series, lol
e_hobaMar 11, 2019 8:31 PM
Mar 11, 2019 8:05 PM

Jul 2016
damn, it would be nice to have such loyal and long lasting friends like that. even more deserving for hyakkimaru, i think he needs some same age friends - dororo is fine but he's more like a younger bro. although for how he's a man of so few words, he probably wouldn't be able to get any easily. i knew it, they actually met. oh man, i had to replay that. what a frikkin' epic moment, i love this anime and i can't wait for the next episode again
Mar 11, 2019 8:23 PM

Oct 2015
Grub4dos said:
Golden_Scarlett said:
wot's that gif from

It's just a gif of mega man hitting moles.

what anime or game is it from man
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 11, 2019 8:35 PM

Aug 2018
Golden_Scarlett said:

It's mega man from the tv series.
Mar 11, 2019 8:46 PM

Jan 2013
didnt like Tahomaru and felt he's annoying/unlikable since his first appearance. did getting to know him in this episode help change my mind? ....eh not really yet. time will tell.

Golden_Scarlett said:

you dont know Megaman??
Mar 11, 2019 8:57 PM

Nov 2016
Is the two sword on Hyakki hands are spiritual thing? It can easily slay monster than any sword tho
Mar 11, 2019 9:03 PM
Jan 2019
revyHOLiC said:
Is the two sword on Hyakki hands are spiritual thing? It can easily slay monster than any sword tho

I think it's because the superhuman strength of Hyakkimaru so he can easily defeat monsters
Mar 11, 2019 9:50 PM

Oct 2015
dannymilk said:
didnt like Tahomaru and felt he's annoying/unlikable since his first appearance. did getting to know him in this episode help change my mind? ....eh not really yet. time will tell.

Golden_Scarlett said:

you dont know Megaman??

i know it, idk the excat megaman its from plz
Mar 11, 2019 11:38 PM
Feb 2017
I believe Hyakkimaru got his taste buds back. He clearly didn't have them (he tried to eat raw fish and crab even though he knew someone could cook it for him). Also, Hyakkimaru and Dororo were talking about food early in the episode, which is quite foreshadowing to me
Mar 11, 2019 11:40 PM
Jan 2016
Awesome episode!

Interesting episode focusing on Tahoumaru, my impression about him wasn't good, but after this episode i approve, i trully liked him, he is strong and also a good strategist, indeed! His bodyguards were also awesome!

At the end Hyakkimaru gave him a hand, and they finaly meet each other!

I suspect it will become more interesting from now on!
Mar 12, 2019 12:05 AM

Aug 2012
N0rth_Stardust said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

I think you are misinterpreting narrative techniques. Firstly, we are simply being given character development that shows a side of Tahomaru we didnt see previously in the anime before. Or are you talking about in comparison to the original? If so, I think it's rather unfair to mark the show's current quality with the only qualifier being how closely it resembles the work its adapting.

Secondly, with Daigo, the show itself is not trying to "justify" the actions of the father. This episode was told in Tahomaru's perspective, and with his Warped view due to his upbringing and bias towards the man in question. He is a unreliable episode protagonist, nothing more. Also, you claimed that this is somehow happening again. Care to elaborate on the other instances? Because, if you've been watching, every episode thus far has illustrated the consequences of Daigo's dealings with demons since ep 1. Whether it be war, poverty or the demons themselves.
1. It was part of the first episode that the deal with the demons was done because his lands were ravaged by natural disasters and famine. In the source material he just wanted to own more land.
2. Tahomaru is made to look as some sort of hero when in fact in the source material he jut wants to prove himself as a warrior and does not care about peasants. He even orders their execution because they dared crossed a border his father created so that they can be with their family.
3. The original source was meant as an attack on the noble samurai image and the daimyo system. It was meant to show how most daimyo were evil little men and how while serving them most samurai became just as evil. The cursed swords japanese myths stem from murders committed for pleasure by samurai as an attempt to white wash their image. This version tries to make us empathize with them and make us question if we would do the same in their place and is wrong
nightcrawlercypMar 12, 2019 12:17 AM
Mar 12, 2019 12:32 AM

May 2015
It's a family seal, but Hyakkimaru doesn't even know how it looks like. Dororo might lead him right to them...

It sucks that neither of Tahomaru's parents have eyes for him. He's a neglected child which is why he tends to behave a little arrogantly. At least he means well for his people.

Darn it. You should have cut the other pincer off first!

Lol, big X-cut by Hyakkimaru. Tahomaru looks at it and "That was definitely not me."

I was expecting Hyakkimaru to get his arms back after beating the crab, but I guess it was just a regular demon.

Tahomaru sees Hyakkimaru for the first time. The inevitable confrontation is nearing!
TarotistMar 12, 2019 12:36 AM
Mar 12, 2019 12:33 AM

May 2016
and Tahomaru saves the da.... I mean Hyakkimaru.
Mar 12, 2019 12:40 AM

Apr 2016
I expected something more when they both met.

Well, lets wait for next week
Mar 12, 2019 1:20 AM

Mar 2019
Good episode, nice to see the little brother get some air time this episode. And they finally meet at the end! I wonder how the family reunion will go down once they realise who each other is.
Mar 12, 2019 2:02 AM

Dec 2017
As many have said, Tahōmaru took the spotlight in this episode. Nice! This episode really changed how we view him very drastically.

e_hoba said:
This episode is vaguely based on the real history and geography of Ishikawa.
Ishikawa = ishi/stone and kawa/river, thus a rocky delta area. The tributaries appear and disappear at random and people were troubled with flood disasters and drought. It's well-drained sandy land so people needed even more water. That's why water system has been a critical problem to the rulers.
The problem was solved by a big canal project in Edo era and a dam project in Showa era.
It is also true that Ishikawa has some lagoons alongside the coast.
Oh, that's interesting! So the series actually has historical aspect to it, I see... I thought it was solely the use of the time setting.

Drunken_angel said:
Hyakki's baby brother is so awesome, despite his asshole father and unstable mother, he turned out honorable and kind <3

....Which instantly makes me think shit's gonna hit the fan at some point and they're not gonna get to enjoy any kind of brotherly love xD It's just too good to be true, two briliant bros fighting against their monstrous father ... oh, well, a gurl can dream!

I wonder if Hyakki's mom will ever see him again ..
Does hoping the same make me less manly. 😅
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dororo Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2019

266 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
10 hours ago

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.