Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 16, 2019 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, they actually adapted Kaguya's "knife" scene with her little prank. I always wanted to see what it looked like in anime form:

Cool to also see the chapter with the "psychological tests". Thanks Chika. Nice to also see Hayasaka appearing again this episode.

Feb 16, 2019 6:58 AM

Apr 2015
Ishigami is now part of the student council banter (screen time wise), and it is a nice addition.

I will say it again, but the directing is extremely good and stands out a lot this episode.

Hilarious as always. This series is my favorite this season.

5/5

MxxxstationFeb 16, 2019 8:57 AM
Feb 16, 2019 7:03 AM

Apr 2015
So many neat little additions over the manga such as the entire sequence with Kaguya & Hayasaka "acting" out the situation as part of her scheming.

Didn't expect Ishigami's voice to be that deep but it perfectly brings across his character. The singing in his "I want to die" scene was just brilliant much like the ending shot of him preparing the rope!
Feb 16, 2019 8:29 AM

Dec 2017
9 kids? holy shit, now that's some goal lol
i'm liking Ishigami so far, dude's pretty funny "I want to die, so I'm going home" lmao

and i'm glad to finally see truck-kun being utilized in a different, not killing way. this time dumping the flowers of Kaguya :з
also, what was that results screen interruption with Ishigami holding the camera? is that some kind of foreshadowing? nvm, that's a fucking hanging rope lmao
uninstallthegameFeb 16, 2019 8:39 AM
Feb 16, 2019 8:29 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Finally, "our guy" is here!! VA is on-point with him.That first segment was great! Assassination via sofa is truly a deadly tactic. And Ishigami imagining himself on a dark path. Probably a dark path to suicide lol. That music when Ishigami wanted to die, lmao I can't XD

And I'm glad they showed this for a bit:

uninstallthegame said:
also, what was that results screen interruption with Ishigami holding the camera? is that some kind of foreshadowing?
If only it was a camera...
Feb 16, 2019 8:31 AM
Feb 16, 2019 8:35 AM

Dec 2017
GoldenDevilGamer said:

uninstallthegame said:
also, what was that results screen interruption with Ishigami holding the camera? is that some kind of foreshadowing?

oh LMAO, guess i'm blind. that makes sense then x)
Feb 16, 2019 8:40 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always. :D

Bloodstained Kaguya and Chika are so much win. <3
I love the fact that Kaguya has red eyes and they choose to make them glow during all the yandere'ish scenes. XD

Ishigami seems like a great guy, he's like the direct opposite to Chika which makes it hilarious. I felt bad when Chika kinda admonished him when he just wanted to compliment her.

The final scene was so wholesome, really glad they choose to end all the episodes on a happy cheerful note. :)
Thanks to the people above for showing what that final image was all about.
Feb 16, 2019 8:42 AM

Feb 2014
This week episode is quite steady and rather calm

Also poor Ishigami...
Feb 16, 2019 8:43 AM

Apr 2016
Ishigami is a genre changer, whenever he's on scene we full horror/thriller lol
Feb 16, 2019 8:45 AM

Aug 2014
All these additions like the mannequins and Hayasaka, Ishigami walking down the hallway as a repeated gag and the visual direction with Kaguya getting the truck dumped on her are great haha, what a perfect adaptation.
Feb 16, 2019 8:48 AM

Jul 2012
Yet again amazing! All the horror parts in the manga were really great! Always wanted to see Aka's trying on a horror manga, would be some scary stuff.
The directing is just superb, and again VA's are amazing! Narrator with robot voice ...
Sneak peak for imouto Kei!
Well and Hayasaka is the best! Love her kawaii voice and in the ending Kaguya was shaking her, just simple thing but was imagining like that =/

No comments needed ^ Based Hayasaka

Feb 16, 2019 8:51 AM

Sep 2018
Another great episode, Ishigami stole the show this time.........:D
well that's just my opinion.....
Feb 16, 2019 8:54 AM
Jul 2018
My boy is finally here! Everyone's going to love him <3
Ever since the anime started, I re-read early chapters, and I think I realized, that Kaguya is kind of a stalker. The amount of times she just listens behind a door to a conversation is concerning.
Feb 16, 2019 8:55 AM
Aug 2018
Haven't read the manga, but I think Ishigami is an absolute riot! Loving his character, and don't think I'll be disappointed in the next upcoming episodes.
Feb 16, 2019 8:57 AM

Aug 2013
Great and funny episode.

Ishigami is a great character. Felt sorry for him when Chika called him creepy.

Feb 16, 2019 8:58 AM

Apr 2015
Insertanamehere said:
All these additions like the mannequins and Hayasaka, Ishigami walking down the hallway as a repeated gag and the visual direction with Kaguya getting the truck dumped on her are great haha, what a perfect adaptation.

I think whenever Ishigama was in the hallway you could hear a club scream "Fight on! Fight on! Fight on!" in unison. If that was intended then it's a very nice touch.
Feb 16, 2019 8:58 AM

Dec 2013
TL error in the first line. Like, literally. Good job, Aniplex.

Viz Media:

It has 6 members. See here:
http://kaguyasama-wa-kokurasetai.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Student_Council
Feb 16, 2019 9:02 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:

Viz Media:

Currently, there's only 4 members in the student council. Another character joins in, but much later in the series.
Feb 16, 2019 9:03 AM

Nov 2016
Ishigamis MAL picture is truly fitting his character xD Poor him, tho ;(

Great comedy as always and I liked how they ended the episode, that was cute no, not the Ishigami part

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 16, 2019 9:09 AM

Aug 2014
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

Viz Media:

Currently, there's only 4 members in the student council. Another character joins in, but much later in the series.
He's not wrong that there are 6 (the other two are third years, mentioned in one of Akas Q&As in the volume extras), but the other two never show up before the second year, and are wholly irrelevant to the series. It's not the worst mistake to make considering that.
Feb 16, 2019 9:09 AM

Dec 2013
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

Viz Media:

If you say so. Anyway, it's as shit as every Aniplex TL.
This series has so many TL issues. Jesus.

See here:
https://twitter.com/shit_simulcasts/status/1094825857930194944
Feb 16, 2019 9:17 AM

Aug 2008
No matter how good the episode is, the only thought I'm left with is how damn annoying the narrator is...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 16, 2019 9:23 AM
Nov 2018
The new guy has some issues just like many of us. A lot to expect from him I guess. xD The guy talking in the background is also really funny, there are even robotic sounds of him.
The way they make the puns kinda remind me of Manga one.
I like all of them. Every episode ended with heart warming feeling and it's excellent.
And here is Fujiwara pic for y'all
again xD

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Feb 16, 2019 9:28 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, this show is just too good! Another fabulous episode, 5/5! A lot of narration this episode too, and I do not mind that one bit, but for some reason it left an impression on me this time around, maybe it’s got to do with the vocal changes here and there.

Yuu Ishigami, the saviour behind the scenes basically, is just another fantastic character to have! He’s not the most dull and oblivious to things, but that’s probably what’s causing him grief now, xD thanks to Kaguya. I feel so sorry for the lad now, lmao. All the horror psychology was exemplarily handled, loved it and coupled with the gripping soundtracks just made it all the more intriguing! Awesome stuff! Really depressing, thus all the more hilarious, to see him getting pummelled down there by Chika’s comment xD. Good thing Shirogane still managed to muster up his courage and at least mention the ‘nails’, lol. Looking forward to seeing more of him in the coming episodes!

Chika coming up with the idea of the psychology games was brilliant and hilarious as all hell! Kaguya, as expected, was more than prepared to deal with it, lol @ the explanation though, and this just made it all the more intriguing to watch. Shirogane nearly blew it there but I don’t see how supposedly having a sis-con will ever work in his favour later onwards though, lol. Second round was even more entertaining to watch, poor Ishigami-kun, “it’s the wrong emotion, it’s terror!” or something of the sort, was absolutely hilarious! Even I, who’s least knowledgeable about Psychology in general, knew what those last two Qs were referring to but it wasn’t good to know for my tummy that they didn’t xD. Kaguya finding out the true answer within the Qs and the truck scene with the flowers was cho-very hilarious! Absolutely loved it, the buildup paid off big time!

We finally got to see a bit more of Hayasaka this episode and she was just amazing in every way! Damn, that switch from the teensy girly act to the usual cool demeanour of hers was honestly a little scary. Kaguya was blown away by the idea of having nail polish on, lol great buildup again, but Hayasaka’s “Yes, boys will ... Let’s go home and put the nail polish on.” with the narrator’s little cameo in between was god tier comedy. Brilliant stuff! Shirogane holding back himself was a big face palm as always and coupled with this, Ishigami’s little self-destruction comment there just made this segment the best for me(of course including Hayasaka’s cameo too). And then those final few moments, kawa-iii! Come on, Shirogane!

Anyway, I’m obviously eagerly looking forward to seeing the next episode! It’s really hard to reject reading the manga already, considering how each and every episode just gets better than the previous(also Yakusoku no Neverland)! But here’s to hoping I’ll be able to hold myself back.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 16, 2019 9:29 AM

Feb 2018
I'm soo glad the animation is great!
It was a fun watch:)
Feb 16, 2019 9:30 AM

Jul 2014
A-1 is doing fcking magic with this adaptation, the OG stuffs they put like the mannequins and Hayasaka pretending to be Fujiwara, as well as that last part when the narrator was about to close the damn show and he went *eh!?* with an Ishigami attempting suicide rope style was done to perfection.
A fucking 1!
That being said, best girl Hayasaka baby!!!!
Feb 16, 2019 9:31 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017

SHOOK

!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

So that’s what it was! God, my tummy can’t .. take it anymore.
Jeez, it’s 1:30 am here and I’m laughing my arse off. I really need to sleep and cool off now.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 16, 2019 9:36 AM

Apr 2018
A barrel of laughs. Such a great episode and the new boy is funny as hell.
Feb 16, 2019 9:38 AM

Apr 2018
Antanaru said:
No matter how good the episode is, the only thought I'm left with is how damn annoying the narrator is...
I don't know why but I love the way the narrator talks.
Feb 16, 2019 9:51 AM

Jul 2011
Man. I love this show so much.
Feb 16, 2019 9:52 AM

Nov 2007

She is just too much for my heart! ❤

Also, mai boi Yuu is here! Yuu and Kaguya's interactions are so fun. Also, did anyone notice Yuu's blushes for Prez?! That was cute.

Other than that I am already looking forward to see more of Kei. She is a genuinely a love rival! Haha! :P
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 16, 2019 9:54 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Ishigami being scared of Kaguya LOL

So far, what i can gather from ''OUR GUY'' (yes, we have heard you, manga readers) is that he says what's on his mind (unless he's threatened ofc xD)

But he is surrounded by all these ''weirdos'' compared to him that he has to take a backseat thanks to them acting they way they do. Not good for his self-esteem honestly.

He kinda worked as an enforcer for Shirogane to say (almost) that he noticed that Kaguya changed something about her. Interesting role he got here and he himself also has big room to grow throughout the series and not let anything get to him.

Also are you telling me that Ishigami sat behind the desk for most of the time without our eyes catching him? xD
Feb 16, 2019 9:55 AM

Jun 2015
Ishigami is here! The whole episode was really good.
:)
Feb 16, 2019 9:56 AM
Oct 2018
This season a lot of studios are bringing up their A-game.
Content aside. There are some great adaptation eg shield hero, dororo, mob, promised neverland and kaguya(salute to the team working on this one).

But they only have to fuck up go toubun.
Feb 16, 2019 10:07 AM

Nov 2014
shanimebib said:

She is just too much for my heart! ❤

Also, mai boi Yuu is here! Yuu and Kaguya's interactions are so fun. Also, did anyone notice Yuu's blushes for Prez?! That was cute.

Love how Kaguya can be cute and yandere and tsundere and kuudere and many many more. Best gf to have lol

Also prez is in a way ishigami's life savior so it's understandable how he'd develope feelings for prez xD
Feb 16, 2019 10:13 AM

May 2018

Oh , the Treasurer Yu Ishigami appears, and he way to scary shit of Shinomiya.

I wonder how did Hayasak mange to rolled up her Skirt when it looks like it was one piece garment worn outside of the shirt? Unless she attend from a different school, cu'z her uniform look way different from Shuchiin Academy's girls uniform.
Feb 16, 2019 10:17 AM

Nov 2007
Smudy said:
Also are you telling me that Ishigami sat behind the desk for most of the time without our eyes catching him? xD

He is usually not in the council room as he works from home but when he is in, he is under the desk or in the darkest corner of the room. Chika only drags him out when she feels like it like she did in this episode.

Now that Yuu, the one who speaks solid without any sugarcoating, is here, Chika's cute days will be numbered. :P
Coronavirus.
Feb 16, 2019 10:24 AM

Mar 2017
Ishigami is here, yay! Great episode and good adaptation.
Feb 16, 2019 10:24 AM
Sep 2018
Ishigami feelings hit me so hard,this world ain't for nerds, only peeps like kaichou are ideal guys
Feb 16, 2019 10:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Best boy and girl show up and hilarity ensues.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 16, 2019 10:52 AM

Apr 2015
So Ishigami is intoduced now! He's scared of Kaguya, there's nothing to be scared of that innocent, harmless girl XD Chika being able to put a prop knife between her boobs without it falling out is impressive beyond words.

That robot voice of the narrator put me off, I thought my audio went nuts!

Those psychological tests were really entertaining, can count on Chika to bring the good stuff! The scene with Ishigami being chased by Kaguya was so fitting after the first part.

The scene with the nails was pretty good too... but that end though, I didn't see that coming XD
Feb 16, 2019 10:54 AM

Sep 2011
A nearly perfect adaptation, but i cant help but notice and be a bit let down by the fact they cut out my fav joke of that chapter, not sure why they would cause it really only meant it needed like 10 seconds or so dedicated to it. Posted in case anyone wants to see it

Other than that, it feels so great to finally see ishigami adapted, these early chapters have felt so weird revisiting them not just cause its weird reversing like 130 chapter of some fairly major character development but the biggest one just not seeing him around and interacting. Even if the show is only going to use him a small amount compared to later he still brings such a great dynamic shift. Also his voice is perfect. Now i think i speak for everyone thats read the manga, this better get a 2nd season so ishigami can truly shine, if that sports festival arc gets adapted he'd probably skyrocket in favorites. On another note its also great to finally hear hayasaka's fake person with an actual voice actor.

Fappa said:
So many neat little additions over the manga such as the entire sequence with Kaguya & Hayasaka "acting" out the situation as part of her scheming.

Was the implication that ishigami had been there the entire time out of sight a new addition? I dont remmember that bit of fujiwara pulling him out from under the desk.
JizzyHitlerFeb 16, 2019 10:59 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 16, 2019 10:56 AM

Jul 2015
Best boy ever and ourguy Ishigami is here, and it was glorious. Protect this man from Kaguya and his own mistakes out of good will.

Another episode of laughs and laughs from start to end, the directing in this anime is just out of this world and adds so hard to the quality, I have no words for the job they are doing with this adaptation.
Feb 16, 2019 10:59 AM
Jan 2019
Ishigami seems very funny to me. LOL.
Feb 16, 2019 11:00 AM
Apr 2016
New guy introduced, he's awesome & funny, I like him. Really funny & good episode.
Feb 16, 2019 11:05 AM
Feb 2016
Ishigami needs to get a *hang* of himself.
Feb 16, 2019 11:07 AM

Feb 2018
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Finally, "our guy" is here!! VA is on-point with him.That first segment was great! Assassination via sofa is truly a deadly tactic. And Ishigami imagining himself on a dark path. Probably a dark path to suicide lol. That music when Ishigami wanted to die, lmao I can't XD

uninstallthegame said:

I bursted with laugh so much. I shouldn't I guess but I couldn't control myself.
Feb 16, 2019 11:11 AM

Nov 2007

It does not have 6 members. It has 4. The link is deceptive and spoilerish at the same time. The remaining 4 characters in the link are:

Coronavirus.
Feb 16, 2019 11:21 AM

Mar 2016
Yuno Gasai, is thou here??

Oh wait, it's just you, Kaguya-chan xDDD
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

384 by sukinhos »»
Apr 20, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2019

296 by Intter »»
Apr 14, 11:26 AM

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

11 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 14, 11:13 AM

» I laugh as hard in this series as gintama 🤣

Jannie7 - Mar 31

38 by xDemi »»
Apr 1, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2019

260 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.