Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2019 7:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Solid episode with good amount of psychology.

Minato's journey up to this point has been a rather interesting one to follow. Masaki being their guide also made the episode kinda thrilling to watch. It felt like Minato was conquering his own personal demons.

The competitive atmosphere of the episode is also really thrilling imo.
Jan 13, 2019 9:14 AM

Nov 2007
The coach ordered Hachimaki before leaving?

Thought so, main guy is blaming himself for encouraging him to go.

All guys searching online about how the coach is doing.

Girls are the ones who "woke" them into doing archery.

They improved, but still in dangerous stage.

Main guy has different fear from his problem.

At least from megane guy's memory of the coach's instruction, he approves of his skill. He just not liking his personality.

Main guy understood the problem, which is a new problem: there's no one's behind him. He must look at people in front of him.

From behind, main guy noticed everyone's too conscious of what coach taught them. They should shot and naturally have them.

Before getting to the target, OnoKen's character knew main guy got it.

Cameraman brother came to check the result and seems like the coach is safe. So is the team (got to the final).

One more ep. (probably the story will continue in the event-screening ep.14)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 13, 2019 11:32 AM
Sep 2015
At first I thought this is the last episode LOL.
Anyway I encourage season 2 to happen, not sure if this season cover one or two light novel volumes but LN is not finish yet, isn't it? KyoAni should switch back and forth between Free and Tsurune. Free in summer and Tsurune in winter.
Jan 13, 2019 12:33 PM

Jul 2017
I've been feeling a bit exhausted with this series due to certain aspects, but damn, that was a good episode. Best episode of this series so far.

Jan 13, 2019 12:57 PM

Jul 2015
well those headbands seemed a bit cringy at first but then i got used to them
one more to go ;3

Well...
Jan 13, 2019 1:05 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Despite the grim news it's good that the news was conveyed. The girls admonishment of the boys was nice to see. It was good seeing the team rediscover their confidence and try to do their best to get to the finals to show Masaki the skills that they learned from him. Its always the most simple things that we end up overlooking huh. Though the moment was a tense one its nice that Minato was able to express his own feelings to the team and make them realize whats been holding them back. Nice to see the team manage to get through to the next round. Looking forward to see what happens next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2019 1:55 PM

May 2014
Ishikawa Kaito is such an amazing VA. I was actually bawling during the scene between Onogi and Narumiya.
Jan 13, 2019 1:55 PM

Apr 2018
What an awesome episode, and Minato's finally back too! He did just a great work expressing his feelings and they're now a real team!
Jan 13, 2019 2:53 PM

Mar 2016
Im so happy that sensei is alive :D . Loved this episode ^_^

Jan 13, 2019 3:16 PM

Apr 2018
I have mixed feelings about this episode.
The scenery was very good and strong feelings were conveyed. But, I don't know, everything seemed a bit rushed though. Like, just like that, Minato realized why he was in last position, and just by telling themselves to do their best and shoot like they want, they made a perfect. The authors chose some easy ways to end the plot I feel.

Still a good episode. Finally the girls have some utility ! I liked the scenes with them.
Wonder what the final episode will be about. Probably some discussions between Minato and Shu.
Jan 13, 2019 7:33 PM

Jul 2016
Yes Minato, you're part of a team...

Not sure about this episode, it felt completely rushed for the most part. Not to mention that the idea of Masa-san having a "serious" accident and the other guy telling it to the boys just before the competition was just... a poor excuse to help Minato to realize that they're a team... talking about cliche but yeah, I didn't like that at all.

Also, Onogi, for some reason, was incredibly more annoying in this episode rather than in all the previous ones. I mean, that severe is your obsession to act like that when someone say something against your beloved Masa-san... K a i t o ~

And another thing, I know this anime is more focused on the five guys from the Kyudou Club but man, they didn't even show Seo's performance. They just skipped it and say she did a decent job but couldn't pass to the finals... I'm really wondering why they even care to put some girls in the club if they would never be relevant.

But well, all that said, this was my least favorite episode so far and I guess the last one will be about the finals. Let's see how the things between Minato and Shuu will conclude.
Jan 14, 2019 5:39 AM
Jan 2017
I was expecting it to be a fake out with the car accident, but the coach was in the hospital.

NGL I did tear up on the last shot.
Jan 14, 2019 7:01 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oh, this was a solid episode!

Pacing issues, however, but there was a good amount of psychology invested into this episode. Minato’s moment of realisation was rather plain in essence but I suppose that’s what a ‘team’ is for, so I feel like the plot stayed true to its theme nevertheless. Omission of the whole performance of Seo was really disappointing though, it really felt like the girls were only introduced into this story as a stepping stone for the main five male leads. Minato-focused episode as a whole and some of the moments of this episode, particularly him calling all of his teammates by their first names and that final gorgeous shot, featuring him were a delight to watch! Seiya stopping Minato from blaming himself there at the start must’ve been really important for Minato, and that’s nice to see! Masa-san is totally fine, no wonder why they didn’t find info regarding his accident on the internet, and it was nice to see the whole scene of his brother running up to see the final charts and then the kids having a little crucial convo.

I honestly didn’t like the last two-three Episodes or so, but here’s to hoping this episode at least will ensure a good conclusion.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 14, 2019 8:33 AM

Mar 2012
#PerververedThroughKacchanTheLoudMouthUntilTheEnd

I still don't get why he get's to call shots and be leader like when he's the least fit for it.
Jan 14, 2019 10:55 AM

Dec 2016
That silence... Masa-san got emotional there <3 having his students pass through the finals is the best gift he could have right now :D Way to go boys!

I can't believe next week is already the last epiosde! I will miss seeing Masaki's smile ;-;

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 14, 2019 2:19 PM

Apr 2012
Emotional episode. Minato catches acid trips, Kaito is nervous, girls become Yamato Nadeshiko, and at the very end, our MC is in Shinji-mode, lol.On the one hand, I liked how epic and passionate it was to direct, but on the other hand, I didn’t quite like that the author had "forced" the girls to fail so that they would continue to be out of focus of the boys story.

Jan 14, 2019 2:41 PM

Jun 2013
I think episode 2 is the best yet.
Everything in this current episode seemed a bit rushed and convenient, but the final moments were beautiful.
This anime deserves a new season.
JunoYamaguchiJan 14, 2019 2:46 PM
Gimme more character development and/or romance. Probally a shotacon.

Jan 14, 2019 3:52 PM

Dec 2016
What a great episode
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 14, 2019 7:02 PM

Jul 2017
SO CUTE.
Bless the girls in this episode.
SO emotional.
I'm so proud.
I love this anime.
Minato and Seiya are literally everything.
Jan 14, 2019 7:04 PM

Oct 2015
I'm glad Masa wasn't injured badly.

Kinda was amazed by Minato's statement that they shouldn't focus on Masa's previous instructions and just shoot. And I must say I was impressed that it worked. That standing for himself and solidifying his friendship deeper against Kaito and the others was badass, and contributed to their win.

To me Minato contributed a lot to their win, but Seiya didn't need encouragement because he was brilliant as always. I hope they go on to win the finals, or else it will be just another Free!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 14, 2019 8:49 PM

Sep 2017
Really solid episode with some good drama and psychological stuff that I could get into but don't really feel like writing that much. I know it was suppose to be a tense moment, but when Minato called Kaito Kacchan I couldn't help but laugh a bit.
Jan 14, 2019 9:09 PM

Jan 2011
The first time this show actually worked.
Jan 15, 2019 9:50 AM

Jun 2014
Wow this ep was really awkward to watch.

Felt like a generic sports anime with all these speeches and drama. Earlier episodes were a bit more... subtle about it? Or had more variety in them.

Welp, good that the coach is still alive.
Jan 15, 2019 7:59 PM

Aug 2017
Very good episode. I like how the team has its moment to shine.

I'm glad that Masa is fine.

It seems that Seo failed but at least the rest of girls have more screen time.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 16, 2019 12:04 AM

May 2017
2/10 this show is trying to complicate simple things for the sake of complication lol well it's 1 episode left so might as well finish it

The guy at the beginning handing them the headbands was so suspicious, I thought it was just a prank by Masa and that guy is just a bad actor lol I agree about those headbands, they're just cringe tbh

Honestly would've been better if Masa actually prank them, and appear after the tournament and says to them it's just a prank bro lol also the girls would've made better main characters than these soyboys
Jan 16, 2019 11:18 AM

Nov 2017
liked this episode a lot, I'm glad that he's okay.

Really hyped for the final episode

Jan 16, 2019 12:53 PM

Oct 2008
damn! such a wonderful episode! very satisfying because Kazemai is in the tournament finals!
the OST once again hits the spot really good!
Now I wonder if the results would be the same if for example Masa-san was not caught in an accident? I think it's a good thing Masa-san had that mini car accident because it really helped a lot for the archer boys of Kazemai! lolz!
5/5.

Jan 16, 2019 1:27 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode! The store guy had a reason to tell them what happened to Masa-san right before the competition after all, and even though Masa-san wasn't there physically, he was still present. Be it in their headbands, in their thoughts, or even more importantly, internalized in their shots, just like Minato realized. I'm glad Masa-san is fine, only one left to go.
Jan 18, 2019 5:27 PM
Jul 2018
Minato calling Kaito by his name made my day. I'm so glad Masa is okay and I liked that the girls gave the boys a pep talk. Great episode. :3
Feb 9, 2019 1:59 PM

Jun 2014
Nice to see that Masa-san is doing fine. They've really started to get good, and Minato's words got them all to focus in the proper way.

Jul 18, 2019 12:07 AM
Jul 2015
Corresponding the three girls character's development, i realize that they're really elegant; seo the prestigious tomboy, yuuna the deredere type, & my beloved shiragiku the tsun-sadistic gorgeous ❤️
Thanks for the great work, animation, characters, & ost. Can't wait for the next season 🙏🏼
Aug 18, 2019 10:11 AM

Aug 2009
Pretty great episode. I love how Masa-san (a young adult) is as much of a main character as the teenage cast is. And frankly, he's also my favorite character.
The middle of the show has been a bit iffy, with some of the main cast being less than amusing. Thankfully, Masa-san and the main kid make up for the other less than compelling characters.
Apr 15, 2022 2:23 PM

Feb 2020
Very good and emotional episode.

Minato's speech was especially touching.

As expected, they made it to the finals. Good job, guys!

I'm also glad Masaki is fine.
Aug 27, 2022 12:16 PM
Apr 2022
Oct 2, 2022 9:49 PM

Aug 2019
THEY MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRECIOUS MASA
Jan 8, 2023 6:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At least the teacher seems fine, and they're doing pretty good actually!!
Jan 16, 2023 12:31 AM

Oct 2015
Ooh finally some spotlight for the girls! I wanted to spank those boys myself! Glad the girls put them back into shape for me! XD

Minato realizing that Masa-san making him the ochi means he needs to look forward, to look at his teammates, to know that he isn't alone - this is proving what Shuu told him was wrong. It isn't about yourself. There are teammates you can rely on. I mean, if he was alone, he wouldn't have come back in the first place. Same for Masa, same for Seiya.

It was nice that Minato was able to relay this to his teammates. They were okay. They all made their shots. Aaand even Kaito used their first names! That was so sweet! :3

Masa-san is okay as expected. Everyone was relieved including my boi Seiya. <3
   HuaLian <3
Jan 7, 5:28 AM

Feb 2019
Always looking forward to Minato's successful, beautiful shots.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2018

48 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 25, 3:35 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2018

50 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 7, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2018

40 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 6, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2018

45 by George8 »»
May 20, 2023 1:55 PM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2019

90 by Xionea »»
Apr 13, 2023 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.