Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 12, 2019 6:11 AM

Jul 2015
Man, I can't believe my second favorite comedy got an adaptation until the end, it's really been a while since I fell in love with it back during the start of the Summer 2016 season.

Overall this finale was nice although I definitely enjoyed the two TV seasons quite more comedy-wise (the yare yare memes on Saiki were still hilarious tho xD), it did a solid job wrapping up stuff and we even got to see Saiki talking directly to his friends (that rewind tho, so Saiki).

Amazing comedy series, thanks for all the laughs you gave me.
Jan 12, 2019 7:33 AM

May 2015
Yare, yare.

I'd be happier with a full season of this but still, it was a good ending. And you can't really trust his brother, he tells it permanently erases powers but come on, he told lots of bullshit it the past too.
Jan 12, 2019 12:12 PM

Jul 2015
im not dissapointed, wanted to have some more and got my wish granted.
those clones at the end fking hilarious

Well...
Jan 12, 2019 12:16 PM

Dec 2016
I'm gonna miss this series so much man :(
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 12, 2019 1:25 PM

Sep 2012
I need more ):

Netflix could save it
they could animate what was skipped
Jan 12, 2019 3:27 PM

May 2014
But... There's two episodes...
Jan 12, 2019 4:00 PM

Jul 2017
@Kapten-N
MAL classifies it as one because...

When it originally aired, they aired back-to-back, creating essentially 1 episode.
Even then, it was advertised as 1 anyway.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Jan 12, 2019 4:27 PM

Oct 2015
So Saiki redid the sealing after they found out, I'm kinda glad he didn't told them about his powers. I guess his powers were too powerful to be sealed also, judging by the break of those windows. That is the most overpowered psychic ever and likable too. We also saw him move his lips for the first time and a smile too, I was laughing mostly at the reaction of his friends.

This was the best series ever with the greatest male tsundere ever and the most powerful psychic ever. It was funny and kept me entertained, the only bad thing is that I never got to read the manga. I will miss it forever and will repeat in future.

True masterpiece and loved it 10/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 13, 2019 1:33 AM

Jan 2011
That was really good. I was kinda expecting it to be a bit half assed and rushed, but it ended up working great.
Jan 14, 2019 9:58 AM

Jan 2016
An okay end to the series, for sure. I would've personally preferred if Saiki did end up telling everyone about his powers instead of them returning, but in the end, Saiki is a comedy, first and foremost.
Jan 14, 2019 11:05 AM

Aug 2013
yare yare. one of my favorite anime, over just like that. i'm going to miss it a lot, i'm so sad now.

but a really good episode, as always. i lost it at the osomatsu-san mention. i'm going to miss laughing my ass off to this
Jan 21, 2019 8:15 PM

Jan 2013
HE TALKED! but he undid everything tho...kinda wanted Saiki to actually say OH for reals this time instead of a tiny slip at the end. gonna miss Saiki and the gang's shenanigans

Zehennagel said:
I love how the author fucked us after that happy little ending "...so after than you came back one day and destroyed the helicopter" that was saiki kusuo like.
reminds me how Gintama did their (kinda) last episode...both authors are sadistic evil lol
Jan 26, 2019 5:29 AM

Oct 2012
Nendou you can marry Hashimoto Kanna or whoever from Denpagumi inc, but no Kayano Ai
She is Matsuoka's xD

I like how the place is called Oshimai and Owari Mountain
"It's the end for you all"

He's undoing Yumehara's confession lol
Feel a bit forceful end, but you know at least we finally heard Saiki talk and he smiled

Actually it's the usual ending for comedy manga, so I guess it's alright
Kinda hoped for once it'll end like "Working" series
Confession of love and all
"Signature removed"
Jan 27, 2019 12:24 AM

Mar 2008
one of the best comedy anime i watched. bye Saiki, gonna miss this show..
Feb 2, 2019 3:14 PM

Dec 2014
So that's it eh? Gotta admit that I'm a saddened that there's not gonna be anymore Saiki.

Pretty nice way to conclude the series and I love the fact that Saiki talked towards the end and also the fact that he ended up releasing his repressed powers once he saw the insect. I feel you Saiki, sometimes you need that protection. XD

The Nendou speech though, priceless. XD

Overall, easily one of the best comedy series to come out in the last few years. Every episode used to make me laugh, it's a very well written comedy series with it's own share of heartwarming moments. Huge props to the author and I like the fact that he chose to end it before it got too stale or anything. It's sad to see Saiki go but I really did enjoy every moment of it. Thanks for all the laughs, Saiki.
9/10, yare yare.
Feb 3, 2019 1:23 AM
Aug 2018
Maybe this special after Saiki Kusuo No Psu-nan Season 3?
Feb 22, 2019 3:02 PM

Aug 2018
One of the best shows I've watched in a while, it was really good
Mar 1, 2019 7:53 AM

Aug 2009
It's on Netflix now.

The episode was pretty funny, but I didn't like the cliffhanger. Just end it properly dammit.

Still, the show was overall very entertaining.
Mar 17, 2019 7:25 AM

Feb 2013
So, they separated this in two parts/episodes, so, let's go.
First part/first episode:

1.So, future plans, that's depressing :D
2.Haha, Kusuomega was great, too bad he got destroyed.
3.Lol, what's his deal with seeing Saiki naked?
4.He can't get close to that antenna! And lol, that tank is super menacing!
5.No! He can't use that, Saiki without his powers would be boring!

Second part/second episode:

1.Lol, Saiki will have to go on the trip and save the world at the same time.
2.Not a good idea to let Nendou do the reservations, Saiko solved that problem though.
3.The world is saved now? But wtf, yare yare is enough to fool them, sad and funny.
4.Nendou's words were deep!
5.His powers weren't erased completely, cool.
Mar 27, 2019 7:01 AM
Aug 2018
Kuusuke caring for Saiki is so sweet!!!
I wish there's more episodes with both of them. SAIKI BROTHERS IS BOTH ADORABLE!!!
Apr 20, 2019 12:40 AM

Jan 2014
damn, why a show this good should have come to an end. they should do more like Gintama though.
May 1, 2019 4:52 AM
Jan 2018
This is getting another season ..yay
May 15, 2019 10:58 AM
Jan 2017
Now this is a great ending to the show

10/10

we get full closure and it sets up a new season of more psychic hilarity
Jul 13, 2019 12:04 PM

Apr 2011
Until today, I didn't know that the series already ended :o

Great episode, btw.

9/10

Aug 12, 2019 12:47 AM

Mar 2015
In the end, Saiki didn't lose his powers after all lmao!

Great series overall! One that won't be easy to forget for sure!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 17, 2019 9:05 AM

Feb 2017
there is 2 extra epilogue chapter for answer the cliffhanger.

also netflixjp produce new saiki anime which is always welcome for me

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Aug 26, 2019 6:05 AM
Jan 2019
that ending thou
so he still has powers or what?
gonna miss it
after all of that time loop he's making he still don't want to revile his powers but when he going to tell everybody he still has powers left end ends there I feel satisfied but unsatisfied
Sep 3, 2019 3:26 PM
Jul 2018
zamandzoe said:
Kapten-N
MAL classifies it as one because...

When it originally aired, they aired back-to-back, creating essentially 1 episode.
Even then, it was advertised as 1 anyway.

^ I was WONDERING why two episode weren't listed.

ANY who, in the end, this was a cool anime. A good time for all. The first season was a bit wordy and fast-paced. This season improved a bit, as did the comedy. All the characters are quite likable (except Mera, who generally lacks any good traits). For some reason I personally liked the bowl-cut haired kid. Mikoto's pretty adorable. Kaido's voice acting is impeccible.

As for this final episode, I think it was a good one. Gag animes (which the series even acknowledged a couple times) typically don't have official endings like this one.

Though the volcano sequence was a bit hard to follow, the tension could be felt. As could the emotions of otherwise layed back characters.

Nendou's little speech is underrated, that was quite a blissful moment.

And then I think everyone's personal favorite moment: when Saiki opened his mouth and spoke, was pretty amazing. With the glittery eyes. 🥺 That's genuine affection there.

Too bad he then went and erased the events, but I was also satisfied by his decision to lose the powers and then invite all of his comrades to a room to fill them in.

And then, the bug. PERFECT touch. It's not like the anime's continuing, but it leaves food for thought. It makes you believe things will still happen after the curtain has been drawn. Saiki's still got some powers lingering. Incredibly clever ending.

The series isn't perfect but by the end I was having a good time, and I'm genuinely content with how things were wrapped up.

P.S. Can we all agree that this division of the franchise had the best ending OP?

ENDLESS SOOOOOOOONG -- so catchy.
Dec 15, 2019 6:20 PM

Sep 2017
Yare Yare, this did not feel like an end, in the end it seems that he will always have his powers and personally I like it that way, although for the poor Saiki it is a curse, I really enjoyed this series, very funny.
Dec 31, 2019 2:57 PM

Jul 2015
Battle between brothers, pretty fitting for a last episode
Holy crap I can't believe it, Nendou said something decent
Well this is the end, was a pretty good comedy series, some nice references, the ending wasn't the best but wasn't the worst either
UnkrownedDec 31, 2019 4:06 PM

Jan 10, 2020 1:03 AM

Jul 2013
I didn't know this exists. I was watching the last episode of reawakened, which was ep.6 and then they keep bringing up how Saiki's psychic powers are gone and how it was removed, but I don't remember that happening so I went back to my list on Netflix and saw the first two seasons of this show then boom wtf is that 3rd season doing in there? It wasn't there before. It was the same 50min. special but split into two episode. Anyway, this is not the real ending to this series, Reawakened is.

Feb 7, 2020 5:58 PM

May 2012
Really enjoyed this special to be honest! Was hilarious from start to finish.
Mar 29, 2020 8:10 PM

Sep 2017
I would say that was a cute and fitting ending to a great show, but apparently this also has a sequel, so I will leave my conclusive thoughts to Saiki K after I finish that. This was a nice little two part episode though! 8/10.

Sep 20, 2020 6:57 AM

May 2013
If the series had ended on this then I'd have been pretty disappointed with it and would've scored it lower. I'm glad I waited until the real ending was adapted to finish this up. Since that exists, I can say that this serves its purpose well, even though some of the jokes are wearing thin by this point.
Oct 30, 2020 7:49 AM

Aug 2017
Ahh Kuusuke really got us in the first half!!!

Damn that original ending would have been awesome with everyone finding out..

And whats with that cliffhanger!!!?

Feb 20, 2021 1:45 PM

May 2015
That was really well built up. Especially his fight against that mountain. I knew towards the end of the series he would be dealing with that and I'm glad that's how they decided to end it so they could move on.

Of course, Saiki doesn't lose his powers in the end though lol. As it should be.

It was really nice seeing Saiki genuinely smile and actually speak for once with his mouth. Stuff like that is really good for finals. I never actually thought of that being a thing and now that it's happened it was really good. Using the fact that Saiki has never spoken without his telepathy and making it into a really nice moment.

I'm genuinely curious what these 6 episodes are after this then. Cause this was a really nice ending so I'm worried those next episodes will not exactly ruin but damper this great ending and build-up to this point.

Guess I'll find out now.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 2, 2021 12:37 PM

Mar 2019
Netflix has 2 episodes for this season so I guess both are in this one.
Too much drama/sad things in this, like boy, why you gotta make that device. I really hope that ending meant that Saiki still has his powers, it would be 10/10. Now, for the reawakened!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 26, 2021 4:28 PM

Feb 2020
That was nice. The battle against his brother was pretty epic.
Jul 8, 2021 11:38 AM

May 2018
Yeah the last few minutes were a bit poopy... reminded me of oreimo's ending but not as bad. Honestly I wished Saiki didn't correct the penultimate timeline because we would see Kaidou x Chiyo and maybe even Saiki x Kokomi haha.

So anyways that was an unsatisfying conclusion but everything before that was great. So 6/10 seems fine for this
Jan 9, 2022 5:10 AM

May 2020
Okay this was that final arc, but seems like things still needed to be concluded properly. For the episode itself, Saiki getting caught up towards the end was something unexpected but yeah glad they understood, also him talking their was priceless. That whole competing sequence with Kuusuke was the best part of the episode for me. Also rip Chiyo's confession.

Now finally being third year students, and Saiki losing those powers of him too, so much things but still concluding it halfway through. So seems like I'd have to watch the Reawakend arc for the left out part.
Jul 10, 2022 3:11 PM
Jan 2021
This was both comedic and it was very touching to see!

Kuusuke is getting better at this. He continually pushes Saiki, but Saiki is still always one step ahead of him. When his control device was destroyed, Saiki intentionally exhausted himself so that he could properly control his powers.

And at the end of the day, Toritsuka and Aiuda came in clutch when it came to stopping the eruptions. Teamwork makes the dreamwork!

I'm now going to see the final episode of Reawakened that will hopefully conclude this amazing series (as the Internet let me know that Episode 6 is after this episode).
Jul 10, 2022 3:13 PM
Jan 2021
Softhenic03 said:
Okay this was that final arc, but seems like things still needed to be concluded properly. For the episode itself, Saiki getting caught up towards the end was something unexpected but yeah glad they understood, also him talking their was priceless. That whole competing sequence with Kuusuke was the best part of the episode for me. Also rip Chiyo's confession.

Now finally being third year students, and Saiki losing those powers of him too, so much things but still concluding it halfway through. So seems like I'd have to watch the Reawakend arc for the left out part.

From my quick Google search, Episode 6 of Reawakened is after this Final Arc. So it goes Seasons 1 and 2, Reawakened 1-5, Final Arc, and then Reawakened Episode 6.
Jul 10, 2022 3:14 PM
Jan 2021
Alex_TheForest said:
Netflix has 2 episodes for this season so I guess both are in this one.
Too much drama/sad things in this, like boy, why you gotta make that device. I really hope that ending meant that Saiki still has his powers, it would be 10/10. Now, for the reawakened!

He doesn't. If he truly did have his powers, he would've petrified everyone who he looked at since he wasn't wearing his glasses. Also without the control devices his powers would've gone out of control.
Sep 2, 2022 3:28 PM
Jun 2021
it was better than the rest but season 2 deseves a 9 so this is actrually a 9.7
Oct 8, 2022 11:15 AM

Sep 2022
I think that was the first time in the anime when He really did talked with his mouth :))
Oct 9, 2022 4:13 AM

Feb 2022
ANIk_003 said:
I think that was the first time in the anime when He really did talked with his mouth :))
Thanks for ur useless opinion
Jan 26, 2023 9:01 AM
Jul 2022
It is basically just a recap
Mar 3, 2023 12:21 AM
Aug 2022
I didn’t like the part where saiki’s brother was there, but the volcano thing was damn good
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» There are 2 more chapters after this ending

KakarotSSJ - Jan 12, 2019

30 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Mar 3, 12:04 AM

» So did saiki lose his psychic powers? After that ending

WiIfred - Jan 27, 2019

6 by Noelv416 »»
Dec 15, 2021 5:12 PM

» What order do I watch this in

Craftys_List - Nov 21, 2021

4 by sukhi78 »»
Nov 23, 2021 6:59 AM

» Season 3 Netflix (2 episodes listed)

kumakaze - Mar 5, 2019

2 by Lylaaz »»
Nov 21, 2019 11:45 AM

» New Season Announced

NeoAnkara - Mar 24, 2019

7 by Nevaran »»
Mar 29, 2019 2:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.