Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 26, 2018 11:37 PM

Aug 2018
Well, today I've seen this war of review about Bunny Sempai bashing the other opinions. I can't believe the amounts of "ignore the negative/positive reviews". WTF is that? I can't believe this shit. I hope it doesn't become a trend.

I liked the show btw, but I don't get why someone would hate or love it to that extreme.

Are you surprised by this? This happened before? When? Do you think it is fine?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 26, 2018 11:52 PM
Jul 2018
Nothing new at all. Fanboys will be fanboys, and haters will be haters.
Dec 26, 2018 11:57 PM

May 2015
Reviewers arguing against one another? All is right in the world.

Dec 27, 2018 12:02 AM

Oct 2017
Just went to Bunny Senpai's discussion board, and I didn't see anything like what you described.

I don't see anything wrong with "ignore the reviews" replies. If you do, then tell me why so? It's evident to everyone who's been on MAL for more than a year (especially on the forums) that majority of the reviews here are baseless crap. Also, simply saying to avoid the reviews =/= loving or hating it to extreme. Though, again there's nothing wrong with extremes anyway.

>This happened before?
It happens all the time, ever since the "Not Helpful" button was removed. Nothing new.
KatsutoSakiDec 27, 2018 12:05 AM
Dec 27, 2018 12:02 AM

Aug 2015
If you thought this show would be bad Goblin Slayer is gonna be a roast feast that is going to filled with ratracers, trolls etc.
MAL reviewing system is broken and outdated
Dec 27, 2018 12:07 AM

Jun 2016
From my experience a lot of MAL users are often pretty abhorrent in how they conduct themselves here. The reviews reflect this.

VileKurata said:
If you thought this show would be bad Goblin Slayer is gonna be a roast feast that is going to filled with ratracers, trolls etc.

I'm personally expecting a shitstorm similar to Re:Zero 2 years ago
AndoCommandoDec 27, 2018 12:15 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2018 12:11 AM

Nov 2016
I'm just happy that 3 of the top reviews are negative
Dec 27, 2018 4:44 AM

Apr 2016
That kind of discussion is normal, sadly. It's pretty common for reviews by salty no-names to write "ignore those other guys because their opinion pisses me off and they're clearly dumb and bad; now let me tell you what you actually need to know about the show because I clearly know what I am talking about" and for other people to get so pissed off about the reviews that they attack the people who made them. From over two years of experience, I've seen this happen pretty regularly, especially when those people simply "can't understand why this show is so hated". So yea, it's been a trend for quite a while.
AndoCommando said:
From my experience a lot of MAL users are often pretty abhorrent in how they conduct themselves here. The reviews reflect this.

VileKurata said:

Agreed on both ends. Sadly these kinds of reviews give us a bad name (worse than we already have by outraged fanboys anyway) and boy howdy, Goblin Slayer's review section's gonna be a mess.
Pixel_Vapour said:
Oh lord, same. I dropped this show on its first episode because I hated all the disgusting dialogue barring the rare quip, the visuals were ass, and the show itself was so aggravatingly boring that I knew I wouldn't endure this and have much to write about to make it all worth it.
Dec 27, 2018 4:50 AM

Jul 2017
Well, if some people want to waste their energy and are happy doing it... by all means continue doing it.
Dec 27, 2018 4:54 AM

Apr 2016
It's waifus man, that's serious business for those fanboys, and if you branded those waifus 4/10 you basically dead.
Dec 27, 2018 4:58 AM

May 2013
I hope it becomes a trend. Then people will start to FINALLY realize how inane and farcical the entire act of stroking their weeb dicks online is. Or even the act of reviewing to appear 'intelligent'.

Goes for both sides who claim one show is shit because they couldn't get the appeal of it, while others who claim the show is the new book of god because they haven't seen such a message before.

Truly a Divine Comedy
Dec 27, 2018 5:29 AM

May 2018
Stopped reading the reviews on MAL 10 years ago.
The toxicity has risen in such way that they are no different from forum posts.
Dec 27, 2018 5:49 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
If something is close to your heart, you'll defend it with your life.
I haven't watched it so it doesn't matter to me.
Dec 27, 2018 6:59 AM

Dec 2015
You didn't see when Owa season 2 came out for around a year ago?

The anime toke spot 1 as the highest scored anime, but the FMB fanboys didn't like that. So they made hundreds of hundreds of hundreds fake account and rated FMB 10/10 and Owa s2 1/10.

It's just that alot of ppl in the anime community have stopped using the brain, sadly.

It's more important to be a jackass, troll and cry that HH is down then try to support the industry.

And this is MAL, alot of ppl aint serious here.

Dec 27, 2018 7:01 AM

Jul 2015
i wanna be there when they start slitting their throats
im lovin it

Well...
Dec 27, 2018 7:02 AM

Nov 2016
Popular anime often attract the most deranged individuals, so not really surprising.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 27, 2018 7:07 AM

Jun 2017
I haven't seen the Bunny-senpai Anime tho I plan on doing it but, I've noted many Monogatari Series Fans sorta hated the show, Am I Wrong here? I loved Monogatari Series so maybe I will hate it too, dunno. I hope too it doesn't become a trend but hey! this kind of events bring more heat and makes this place a bit more active and fun, so it's always good and exciting, at least in my opinion.

Dec 27, 2018 8:14 AM

Dec 2017
the most popular seasonal show ✔
got recognition and attention from anitubers ✔
has lots of waifus that need to be protected ✔
drama ✔

now take that and dump it in the trash can saying it's just average/bad

???

Dec 27, 2018 8:23 AM

Oct 2013
alshu said:
Stopped reading the reviews on MAL 10 years ago.
The toxicity has risen in such way that they are no different from forum posts.

Me too. I have been lurking around since pre-2010s and the cancerous energy here is wide spread somehow in recent years.
Dec 27, 2018 9:38 AM

Jan 2012
Jare4lopez said:
I haven't seen the Bunny-senpai Anime tho I plan on doing it but, I've noted many Monogatari Series Fans sorta hated the show, Am I Wrong here? I loved Monogatari Series so maybe I will hate it too, dunno. I hope too it doesn't become a trend but hey! this kind of events bring more heat and makes this place a bit more active and fun, so it's always good and exciting, at least in my opinion.

They do because Bunny Girl does feel like a cheap copy of Monogatari Series. I still enjoyed it nonetheless.

Dec 27, 2018 10:02 AM

Oct 2017
It was very good, but the ending made me think if it really deserved my 10. But giving a 1 or a 2? Completely ridiculous. Even Charlotte, which is the anime that I hate the most, got a 5 due to the decent animation.
VileKurata said:

Mora than happy tha Gridman got an even worse rating than the much hated DarliFra, so I'll enjoy the destroying od Goblin Slayer on the MAL reviews.

I still maintain my position that MAL really needs a huge reform on the review system.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Dec 27, 2018 10:17 AM

Jan 2018
Bunny Sempai deserves the hate. The unjustified, near rabid, fandom caused series like Release the Spyce and As Miss Belezebub Likes to be mostly ignored.
Dec 27, 2018 10:24 AM

Oct 2010
Tsunshine-Chris said:
Bunny Sempai deserves the hate. The unjustified, near rabid, fandom caused series like Release the Spyce and As Miss Belezebub Likes to be mostly ignored.

It doesn't really look like the fandoms of these shows are alike at all.
Dec 27, 2018 10:58 AM

Aug 2018
KatsutoSaki said:
Just went to Bunny Senpai's discussion board, and I didn't see anything like what you described.

I don't see anything wrong with "ignore the reviews" replies. If you do, then tell me why so? It's evident to everyone who's been on MAL for more than a year (especially on the forums) that majority of the reviews here are baseless crap. Also, simply saying to avoid the reviews =/= loving or hating it to extreme. Though, again there's nothing wrong with extremes anyway.

>This happened before?
It happens all the time, ever since the "Not Helpful" button was removed. Nothing new.

I think I remember talking about the extremes with you ahahaha.

For me it's OK to love or hate something but when they start with things like "Ignore the opinions that are different of mine" I think that's really agressive and dumb. But well, it's just my opinion.
Dec 27, 2018 11:00 AM

Aug 2018
VileKurata said:

Uff, the show hasn't even finished and already is a shit storm, I actually want to see how big that shit storm is going to be hahaha
Dec 27, 2018 11:02 AM

May 2014
They think having unpopular opinions makes them interesting, but in reality they're pompous dickheads that everyone avoids
Dec 27, 2018 11:04 AM

Aug 2018
CodeBlazeFate said:
That kind of discussion is normal, sadly. It's pretty common for reviews by salty no-names to write "ignore those other guys because their opinion pisses me off and they're clearly dumb and bad; now let me tell you what you actually need to know about the show because I clearly know what I am talking about" and for other people to get so pissed off about the reviews that they attack the people who made them. From over two years of experience, I've seen this happen pretty regularly, especially when those people simply "can't understand why this show is so hated". So yea, it's been a trend for quite a while.
AndoCommando said:

Agreed on both ends. Sadly these kinds of reviews give us a bad name (worse than we already have by outraged fanboys anyway) and boy howdy, Goblin Slayer's review section's gonna be a mess.
Pixel_Vapour said:
Oh lord, same. I dropped this show on its first episode because I hated all the disgusting dialogue barring the rare quip, the visuals were ass, and the show itself was so aggravatingly boring that I knew I wouldn't endure this and have much to write about to make it all worth it.

I'm pretty new to the comunity despite being an old viewer, I didn't know that it was common. I've seen some pretty crazy things in other places too.

The craziest thing to me tho is that Bunny sempai has a higher score than Monogatari hahaha.
Dec 27, 2018 11:08 AM

Aug 2018
KreatorX said:
I hope it becomes a trend. Then people will start to FINALLY realize how inane and farcical the entire act of stroking their weeb dicks online is. Or even the act of reviewing to appear 'intelligent'.

Goes for both sides who claim one show is shit because they couldn't get the appeal of it, while others who claim the show is the new book of god because they haven't seen such a message before.

Yeah, some reviews look like they are trying to act smart instead of talking about the show. I've seen some really long reviews that have a lot of pointless info and you can tell that the dude that post it is trying to act smart. I usually avoid that kind.

And I agree that Bunny sempai is a pretty warm show that shouldn't have such extreme opinions.
Dec 27, 2018 11:12 AM

Aug 2018
Nillwas said:
You didn't see when Owa season 2 came out for around a year ago?

The anime toke spot 1 as the highest scored anime, but the FMB fanboys didn't like that. So they made hundreds of hundreds of hundreds fake account and rated FMB 10/10 and Owa s2 1/10.

It's just that alot of ppl in the anime community have stopped using the brain, sadly.

It's more important to be a jackass, troll and cry that HH is down then try to support the industry.

And this is MAL, alot of ppl aint serious here.

I hope they aren't serious, becausee some of the things I've read are incredible. I prefer them being trolls hahaha
Dec 27, 2018 11:16 AM

Aug 2018
Hajime_Hinata said:
Why do people care about reviews lol...As long as you like the show, then someone’s review or rating of it won’t change that...Even if they hate it for foolish reasons, who cares?

In my case the things that surprised me are their logic and actions, their opinions doesn't matter that much to me.
Dec 27, 2018 11:18 AM
Oct 2018
LET THEM FIGHT.
ONLY THEN THEY WILL REALIZE.
THAT REVIEWS FOR POPULAR SHOWS WILL BE FILLED BY NEGATIVE SCORES.
AND THEN, THE KARHU PERIOD WILL CONTINUE EVEN SO.
THIS SO CALLED KARHU PERIOD WILL ONLY END WHEN POPULAR SHOWS ARE EITHER TRULY LOVED OR TRULY HATED.
-BY ME
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 27, 2018 11:19 AM

Apr 2016
DaCraziGuy said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

I'm pretty new to the comunity despite being an old viewer, I didn't know that it was common. I've seen some pretty crazy things in other places too.

The craziest thing to me tho is that Bunny sempai has a higher score than Monogatari hahaha.
Yea, it's been going on for years, and boy was that a wake-up call for me.

I think Monogatari Second Season still has a higher Score. If not, it probably will soon. I know Owarimonogatari 2nd Season does.
Dec 27, 2018 11:24 AM

Dec 2016
These "dark times" show up every 3 months in the site, with the change of seasons. You should start getting used to them.
Dec 28, 2018 2:07 AM

Oct 2017
DaCraziGuy said:
KatsutoSaki said:

>This happened before?

I think I remember talking about the extremes with you ahahaha.

For me it's OK to love or hate something but when they start with things like "Ignore the opinions that are different of mine" I think that's really agressive and dumb. But well, it's just my opinion.

Ignoring opinions that were obviously made to mislead you i.e. have no basis, there's nothing wrong with that.

And before you misunderstand me, I'm not saying ever negative review is like this.
Dec 28, 2018 2:39 AM
Apr 2017
If you like monogatari, just like it. I like Bunny Girl Senpai, let me go. Why can't we treat each other friendly?
Dec 28, 2018 2:51 AM

Jul 2014
This happens with every new hyped up seasonal show, well tbh even the non popular ones gets bashed, but lesser than popular ones.
Let.Them.Fight.
All that matters is if you're entertained by a show or not, its a win for people that enjoyed this, its a loss and stress for people who don't and still goes to make threads and attack people that bashes it, seriously, there are better things to do than bash and stay on a show that doesnt appeal to you, sure I too bash a show when I don't like it, but its only at the time when I decide that its not for me and is about to drop it, while some people here keeps coming back ep by ep just to bash it.
Dec 28, 2018 3:19 AM

Jul 2015
Hey, at least it's not FranXX full hate attack, being a fan of that work requires lots of willpower to handle the despise people has for it q_q

Dec 28, 2018 7:48 AM

Aug 2018
HunterGhoul said:
If you like monogatari, just like it. I like Bunny Girl Senpai, let me go. Why can't we treat each other friendly?

I never said anything bad about the show, my point was about the crazy reviews talking about other reviews and how offensive they were (hating it or loving it).

I like the show, I don't get the hype tho and I don't have any special place for it.
Dec 28, 2018 7:50 AM

Aug 2018
MetaThPr4h said:
Hey, at least it's not FranXX full hate attack, being a fan of that work requires lots of willpower to handle the despise people has for it q_q

Yes, the hate was too much. But, I don't like any fandom and I don't think anime should be taken as seriously as some people do.
Dec 28, 2018 7:57 AM

Aug 2017
I watched Bakemonogatari some weeks ago and I think that Bunny Senpai is a bit better.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 28, 2018 8:23 AM
Apr 2017
DaCraziGuy said:
HunterGhoul said:

I never said anything bad about the show, my point was about the crazy reviews talking about other reviews and how offensive they were (hating it or loving it).

I like the show, I don't get the hype tho and I don't have any special place for it.

I mean: They are fans of Monogatari, who don't leave us alone when they continue to harass us with a negative review, asking what did we do with them?

Continually imposing and comparing Monogatari and Bunny Girl Senpai to do? Enhance their superiority?

If they love Monogatari, just love it and love it to death.
Dec 28, 2018 8:59 AM

Jan 2016
Makes me sad if it's all Monogatari fans.

I'm a huge Monogatari fan, even tho I prefer Monogatari,
Aobuta is still my #2 anime of the year and also a 10 :/
My candies :
Dec 28, 2018 9:54 AM

Aug 2018
HunterGhoul said:
DaCraziGuy said:

I mean: They are fans of Monogatari, who don't leave us alone when they continue to harass us with a negative review, asking what did we do with them?

Continually imposing and comparing Monogatari and Bunny Girl Senpai to do? Enhance their superiority?

If they love Monogatari, just love it and love it to death.

I don't think everyone that hates bunny sempai is a monogatari fan.

Comparing the 2 shows is imposible to avoid because of the similar premise of a guy helping tons of cute girls with supernatural problems and in both cases they start dating with a girl. Monogatari is older so it will always win that argument. I'm not saying that it's a copy, but it doesn't have the same uniqueness as monogatari.

And like I always say, all extremes are bad. Hate it or love it you shouldn't be throwing shit to every person that doesn't think like you.
Dec 28, 2018 9:55 AM

Aug 2018
Sephirod said:
Makes me sad if it's all Monogatari fans.

I'm a huge Monogatari fan, even tho I prefer Monogatari,
Aobuta is still my #2 anime of the year and also a 10 :/

I don't think that is the case, but probably some of the might do it.
Dec 28, 2018 10:16 AM

Jan 2016
Yeah I understand the comparison.

But weirdly, it didn't really jump on my face.
Instead, the anime I instantly thought about when watching this show was Sakurada Reset
My candies :
Dec 28, 2018 11:16 AM

May 2017
i like this anime and all my friends too, idk why people hate this anime (yeah haters gonna hate)
Dec 28, 2018 11:25 AM

Apr 2010
People actually read reviews?
Dec 28, 2018 11:33 AM

May 2015
Pixel_Vapour said:

Really? That's pretty fucking sad.

Dec 28, 2018 12:03 PM

Apr 2018
HunterGhoul said:

Billion dollar question
Dec 28, 2018 12:05 PM

Aug 2018
Sephirod said:
Yeah I understand the comparison.

But weirdly, it didn't really jump on my face.

Yes, I also didn't made the comparison at first. It took me a couple of episodes to noticed that.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
Yesterday, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.