Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2018 9:06 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
For a series finale, they sure raised the stakes.

I mean, the competition just jumped the roof. Tonegawa also continues to make a presence as the poster guy and his role remains valuable even up to this point. Oh and can't forget the delicious food either in this series, even from this episode. We also got some indoor rock climbing and ouch, that fall looked painful.

Pretty fun show overall, a bit unusual at times but entertaining. Nice ot see a wedding too!

Dec 25, 2018 12:47 PM

May 2010
Hah the end was pretty dope with the moonwalk!

Reallly enjoyable show throughout the 24 episodes. I would watch another season but i dont there needs to be one.

8/10 overall from me.
Dec 25, 2018 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
That was really fitting finale. I am glad they didn't forgot to show that 'human derby' game even tho for some reason they really did skip those scenes! I guess without Kaiji's help they brutally messed up. We also got some nice deja vu scenes and Ootsuki appeared little here. The last scene was quite memorable.

Overall was very fun and interesting show indeed. The comedy execution was some of the most original I've seen this year and there was lot of unexpected moments. The first cour was very excellent and while 2nd half was very experimental with different sol episodes which were hit-or-miss to me especially few earlier Ootsuki's episodes didn't work for me well. Also btw they haven't adapt many chapters yet especially what I see from the raws.

Oh and I am slight disappointed they didn't showed Kaiji anymore after his little cameo :\
Dec 25, 2018 1:13 PM

Nov 2016
Ah, the Human Derby, that was an extremely intense game. Really nice final episode.

Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa was a show that ended up completely different than I had expected and it took me a bit to fully appreciate it's style, but it was a blast once I got into it. There were so many cool ideas and interesting approaches to portray topics which rarely get tackled in other anime.

Definitely one of the unique shows this year and more importantly, one of the funniest ones.

8/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 25, 2018 2:15 PM

Dec 2018
I'm going to really miss this show, so many cool ideas! And that last episode was a really great finale!
Now I'm probably going to watch Kaiji next year to know more about this universe!

Dec 25, 2018 2:45 PM

Aug 2014
Hella underrated, 8/10, I had fun.

And now... let's hope for more Kaiji. Live action movie is coming, so there's a chance.
Dec 25, 2018 3:10 PM

Mar 2017
Wow, what a finale!

The first half was just pure trolling, making fun of the people who didn't watch the original Kaiji series (though honestly, what the heck are you doing, if you didn't watch it already). And it's really funny seeing the group chat about the Brave Men Road. Pure absurdity at its finest.

Then we get this really upbeat, lighthearted wedding and it's just... amazing. There was some funny stuff there as well (I laughed at the "Zambia!?!?!" part), but most of all, I actually grew attached to these characters. And ending it with a flashmob was hilarious and I liked that Tonegawa joined in! And all the little references, like back to the first (or second?) episode with the big boss and the game preparations, or showing Ebitani again in his Twitter dungeon.

For a moment I thought they'd do an Evangelion ending, when the narrator said "Congratulations!" which I think would have made this episode perfect. It's definitely something this anime would have pulled off.

My only gripe is that they didn't tease a Kaiji S3 or something similar... Come on, guys! We want more! I will give this series a 7/10, which is quite a lot on my scale. For reference, the Kaiji anime itself got an 8/10 and is among my absolute favorites.
Dec 25, 2018 3:17 PM

Jan 2017
The teasing of the human derby in the first half was funny and then the wedding in the second half was a great way to end the show. Patiently awaiting for whatever the next iteration of the Kaiji series is.

8/10
Dec 25, 2018 5:19 PM

Oct 2015
They really didn't want to show us the human derby for real, but wanted to I guess :-D :-D. I'm really sad it ended, and I will miss Ootsuki's and Tonegawa's daily lives. I didn't think Tonegawa would join in the dance, he surely surprised me. But I'm really glad he did because we saw his fun side in this finale. Ebitani looks like he will tweet forever.

Overall it was a different experience as we got to know Tonegawa and Ootsuki a bit. Most of all we got to see their other sides, especially Tonegawa who was different from the Kaiji series and actually is a great manager of staff at work. But i still don't like him and Ootsuki, Tonegawa is a puppet and he put Kaiji to hell in that series. Ootsuki wasn't that different from the Kaiji series, he is still a douche and always be. But I enjoyed this series.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 25, 2018 7:02 PM

Jun 2016
WE! CANNOT! SHOW! YOU! But we really want to!

Bruh this show :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2018 8:14 PM

Dec 2014
Great ending.

The amount of times they rolled with the 'We cannot show you' bits, dear god. XD
Tonegawa with the moonwalk at the end made me laugh so much. XDDD

Overall, this show turned out to be completely different from what I expected. I was expecting something akin to what Kaiji is since the show is related but it turned out to be a unique one of a kind workplace slapstick comedy show which interestingly enough shows a very humane side to Tonegawa and the men in black, something you generally don't really feel when watching Kaiji. The comedy was generally on point and strangely enough by the end of the show you end up recognizing the black suits who you once thought all look the same, just like Tonegawa. XD
I wasn't a big fan of Ootsuki's parts and I generally tended to not pay attention to that cause I couldn't find nearly as interesting as Tonegawa's parts so if I had to pick on the show for anything, that would be it. Nonetheless a very enjoyable show.

7/10
Dec 25, 2018 9:43 PM

Feb 2016
Nice finale, Witnessing Tonegawa joining the dance like a badass with that moonwalk was perfect.

Overall this anime had some lows and highs but it was a good watch nonetheless

7.5/10
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 26, 2018 3:23 AM

Feb 2013
That dance was the best part by far, funny.
Dec 26, 2018 3:33 AM
Jul 2018
Great finale. Love how they covered everyone including Ebitani. I would take Tonegawa s2 over Kaiji 3 any day of week.
Dec 26, 2018 3:46 AM

May 2008
Did not expect much from this anime but I loved almost all episodes. :) Last 5 minutes of this episode definitely made my day, that dance and music was just perfect ending :D I hope they will release that Zawa-zawa dance track in OST.
Dec 26, 2018 4:36 AM

May 2016
Man a long ride ends right here I will really gonna miss this show :/ 7/10

Dec 26, 2018 7:41 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Will miss Tonegawa and that narrator, he was amazing.

Edit: Can't forget about Ootsuki.
Dec 26, 2018 5:42 PM
Jun 2017
love the finale, especially the ogino wedding and the flash mob part... even tonegawa join that one...

*the first part though, if you want to know what happened there, just watch the Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor... hahaha

love this series... hahaha
Dec 27, 2018 6:51 AM

Jan 2013
One of the best anime this year idc what people say.

Was hoping for a kaiji s3 announcement at the end but oh well. Loved this anime 8/10
Dec 27, 2018 6:20 PM

Mar 2009
Great show. And surprisingly very funny. I'll miss the Narrator, and Ebitani's stupidity. I still hate Ootsuki, though.

Would love another season of Kaiji one day. S2 was all the way back in 2011!
Dec 27, 2018 6:21 PM

May 2018
The narrator was great throughout and of course Ootsuki was my personal highlight from a rather entertaining and under-rated series. It was definitely a change of pace from the usual and I have watched both Kaji series BTW. This guy agrees with me about what makes Ootsuki so cool :)

SuperGreenTeaDec 27, 2018 6:28 PM
Dec 29, 2018 8:47 PM

Oct 2008
Damn! I don't want this show to end!
Is there a possible Second Season!?!?
5/5.
8/10.

Jan 2, 2019 10:47 AM

Apr 2018
Overall really enjoyed this series as a whole. 9/10 for the unusual times but fun comedy and good looking food xD
Jan 21, 2019 4:40 PM

Mar 2016
perfect ending .... 8/10 i really love it ^_^ . I hope for a second season ... I am really curious about the future of Mr.Tonegawa after the event with his loss from Kaiji

Apr 20, 2019 4:24 PM

Oct 2016
pretty darn enjoyed this show, had it at 5-6/10 at first 5 episodes but it went better really quickly into a solid 8
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Jun 28, 2019 4:25 PM

Aug 2016
that 7.17 score is unfair for MAL standards were that score is just a "meh", this anime was really fun and it was comfier than your average cgdct or parody anime. A really good addition to Fukumoto´ s world, even if the original idea isn´t coming from him.
:v
Jan 30, 2021 9:50 AM

Aug 2018
Honestly though after watching backstory of Espoir and Human Derby gamble, I cannot see the same way again from original Kaiji.
May 3, 2021 1:56 PM
Aug 2020
I'm gonna miss this show.
Jan 19, 2022 1:21 PM
Oct 2016
A funny and pretty unique series in many regards, overall once you get past the fact that this isn't actually a canonical insight into the Teiai group (and that Tonegawa himself is a very different character in this series, in fact they completely skip over his fate from the original series because it wouldn't make sense for this version of the character) you're more open to simply enjoy it for what it is.
Mar 2, 2022 10:06 AM

Aug 2013
zawa zawa ..zawa
Aside from the OP that makes you feel like dancing this show was dragged and stretched way too much into 24 episodes that are nothing like the original series. Nonetheless some moments were pretty funny and enjoyable
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Apr 15, 4:27 PM
Jun 2023
they ruined the story

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2018

21 by LelPop »»
Jan 14, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2018

25 by small44 »»
Nov 13, 2023 8:21 PM

Poll: » Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2018

33 by Selleri_UmU »»
Aug 31, 2023 5:56 PM

Poll: » Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

23 by Selleri_UmU »»
Aug 29, 2023 7:50 PM

Poll: » Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa Episode 1 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

13 by erowind »»
Jul 28, 2023 12:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.