Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 21, 2019 7:38 PM

Oct 2010
@Slimcoder That's fascinating. I looked for a source and found it Google Translated here:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/his-power-is-maximumer-%E2%80%98dragon-ball-super-broly%E2%80%99-sets-wednesday-aflame-with-7m-opening.93989/#post-16946372

Original interview: https://news.mynavi.jp/article/20181219-743464/
――戦闘シーンの中で、リングネームのコールのような演出も監督のアイデアだったのですか?

そうですね。バトルの音楽って似てきてしまうので、変化をつけたくて入れてみました。東映アニメーションは公認していないんですけれど、『ドラゴンボール超』のTVシリーズの最後の方って、メキシコとかでパブリックビューイングされていたんですよね。それが「ジレンVS悟空」みたいにプロレスを観戦する感じだったんです。これも東映アニメーションは認めてないですけれど(笑)、パブリックビューイングの入り口に、向こうで勝手に作った「ジレンVS悟空」のポスターがあるんですよ。そういうのを見ていると、リングコールでもするといいのかなと思っていました。昔から他の作品でやろうかなと、ネタとして持っていたものではあるんですけれどね。

It would be great if someone could translate that properly.
Jan 21, 2019 9:26 PM

Nov 2018
It was dope, enjoyed it but the Cooler movies were better, throw in the Janemba, Turles, Android 13 ones. Great fight scenes and Bardock backstory fit in well enough and was close to the original. Comedy was good too and cliffhanger ending for DBS S2 whenever it comes back.

Lastly yeahhhh Cheelai has to be the sexiest character to come out the series since 18, bro the camera was panning so heavily with the shameless fanservice of her. Lol likeable character though along with Lemo.
Jan 21, 2019 11:32 PM

Feb 2013
Just watched this in theaters in english.
Dayum.
Just what you would expect from Dragon Ball, awesome music and epic fights.

But its not perfect.
Broly's transformation was funny, Freiza being all like "Gasp your dads dead" I laughed so hard. But thats not what I wanted Broly's transformation to be, it was supposed to be epic.
The fusing of Gogeta was lackluster also compared to Fusion Reborn.

But its still awesome.
Gogeta using Stardust Breaker blew my mind, but I was disappointed he didnt use a Big Bang Kamehameha in the end instead of the normal Kamehameha.
The Gogeta vs Broly theme was so hype, the chanting of BROLY BROLY and GOGETA GOGETA filled my soul.
Im so happy the fusion wasnt cut off prematurely, Gogeta came, Gogeta wreaked, Gogeta gets shit done.

Gogeta is canon.

Jan 22, 2019 9:05 AM
Jul 2015
I was very lucky that the two local theaters were playing a IMAX version of the movie for the U.S. opening weekend- I felt like I was right in the middle of the fight scenes. Totally loved it. Brought my wife over with me which had slight but enough knowledge from past DBZ, she didn't feel lost at all. The fight rocked her world (IMAX helped lol) The movie does great patiently introducing and detailing us what we need to know prior to the fight with Brolly. Will repeat once its released on blu-ray.
Jan 22, 2019 6:08 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ALSO I GOT A CHANCE TO SAY IT...

ps:

Goku's mom is a straight milf
Jan 22, 2019 9:24 PM

Dec 2016
In my country (Chile) the movie attracted to theaters during its first 7 days more public than RoF in its entire run and most of the screenings sold out. Over 360.000 moviegoers in just one week, which are levels that only high profile big-budgeted Hollywood movies can achieve.

I'm astonished. Never crossed my mind that DB could get this far.
Jan 22, 2019 10:41 PM

Jul 2012
It was fun! I really enjoyed it.
Makes me want to rewatch DB and DBZ!

7/10
MayukaJan 22, 2019 10:44 PM
Jan 23, 2019 2:39 PM

Jun 2012
Probably 8/10 for me. I really liked the change in Broly's back story and the new characters introduced. Art and animation obviously very solid they had a movie sized budget and enough time to make it look exceptional - better than anything we've seen in Super. Humor was great. Pretty much anything with Frieza was great. I think my favorite part of the movie was "Have fun, Frieza!". I also liked the way they explained the parts before Vegeta was destroyed by Frieza. Not sure how I feel about it retconning the Episode of Bardock, but it was still pretty solid.

Some of my other favorite parts are pretty much any of the scenes with Cheelai and Broly in it. She has a charming personality and it's nice to see Broly in a different light than mindless monster, and seeing her help him out throughout the movie was great. Also Gogeta was hype as fuck!

The only things that drag it down for me some of the fighting, oddly enough. They all look amazing, but some of the segments dragged on quite a lot. Some parts almost got boring until it was pulled back to the sidelines and the fights changed in a way to make it interesting again, like finally going SSB, Goku and Vegeta teaming up or running away to fuse via instant transmission.

Also the power levels were a bit hard to suspend disbelief to -- how the hell was Broly able to fight on par with SSB+ with the only exposure to fighting being fighting weird monsters on a single planet for 41 years, and his father who had a measly 4200 power level. Whatever with that though, it was still cool.
Jan 23, 2019 8:46 PM

Oct 2010
Just saw it a second time. First movie in three years that I've gone back to the theater for. (Again, the only previous Dragon Ball I've seen was parts of the Cell Saga 18 years ago)

Here's that gorgeous music from the destruction of Planet Vegeta - OST track 8, "Bardock Falls."

Arkab said:
In my country (Chile) the movie attracted to theaters during its first 7 days more public than RoF in its entire run and most of the screenings sold out. Over 360.000 moviegoers in just one week, which are levels that only high profile big-budgeted Hollywood movies can achieve.

I'm astonished. Never crossed my mind that DB could get this far.

Same here in the USA. Last week, one guy had to split up from his friends and sit next to me in a seat with a view almost half-blocked by the exit path's safety wall. The crowd energy was the best I've been a part of since the premiere of Star Trek (2009).

Lifetime USA gross:
Battle of Gods - $2.5 million
Resurrection 'F' - $8 million
Broly - $23 million so far
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/search/?q=dragon%20ball
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=funimation.htm

p.s. Dragonball Evolution USA Total Gross: $9,362,785 (about $11m in 2019 dollars)
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dragonball.htm
Annihilated.
Jan 23, 2019 10:58 PM

Sep 2014
Absolutely loved the movie and might be the best new thing they've done out of all of Super and the first two movies. I cared about the characters involved, I loved the humor, the action was incredible, it was really a fantastic time. My only real minor issues, was that the CG in the fights should not have happened, as it was really weird to have essentially three art styles in one fight, but the CG in particular stood out the most. Also the music is kind of a mixed bag at points. I kinda like the music starting with the character call out, but continuing it with chanting their name is really bad. It's interesting, but gets a little awkward.

I mean they made Broly an actual character and probably the most likeable antagonist Super has ever had. Gets kudos for that.

Now seeing this, I just hope they don't completely ruin it by making bad Super episodes of it. Come back with a new arc and actually make Super good for once.
Jan 24, 2019 2:14 PM

Mar 2013
Lot of person in the theater for this.Despite all the spoils I really liked it.
Special mention for the soundtrack, it was glorious.
Jan 24, 2019 2:30 PM

Apr 2017
Got around to watch it, amazing fights, amazing OST, way better Broly than DBZ's, CRAZY GOOD animation and I really felt some fucking intense shit (the sound in the theatre was SO high that the ground was shaking when Broly was screaming lmao)
5/5, 10/10 AMAZING/10
Jan 24, 2019 5:24 PM

Apr 2010
The movie was very good and easily the best Dragon Ball movie so far

The animation and action were top notch, it actually had something resembling a story this time, it leaves potential for the future, Broly was more interesting than I thought he'd be, it was funny but not overdone like Battle of Gods etc.

The only thing that let it down was Frieza wish being a pointless gag and the obligatory annoying female character for the weaboos to fawn over.
Jan 24, 2019 10:52 PM
Jul 2015
Just seen the movie today and it was awesome. I have a question though, when Goku was gonna go blue for the first time while he was powering up did I see a flash of green energy? before he tried to go ultra instinct and then turned blue. As if he was gonna go beserk mode too. A part of says he almost went beserk mode cause it looked like he was kinda angry when broly was trashing him around and part of me thinks it was a mixture of energy since he was going to ssj to blue. Yellow plus blue equals green.
Jan 25, 2019 1:30 PM

Aug 2012
Awesome movie, it was better than the classic Broly Movie. And what's with all those weird camera angles on Cheelai lol?
Jan 25, 2019 9:45 PM
Jul 2018
If nothing else, the visuals are great, especially everyone's expressions!

But there's so much more than that. Personally, I like this version of Broly better than the original because he's much more empathetic. That and I find his personality interesting and funny at times! Can't wait to see more of him in the future.

I especially like the time the staff took to show life on Planet Vegeta before it was destroyed, and the scene where Bardock and Gine send Goku away was heart-wrenching. The music only made it more emotional.

Freiza's still a jerk. Should've seen that one coming. 눈_눈

And the choreography left me in awe. How in the world do the animators come up with all of this????

This is definitely the best Dragon Ball Movie I've seen. Heck, I might go and watch the rest of Super because of it. A solid 9/10 from me!
Jan 26, 2019 11:24 AM

Mar 2016
Watched it. The move was awesome in theatre and hype AF. My friend DB movie up there with Janemba movie and previous Broly movies. I also didn’t mind the liberties they took in terms of Broly and Bardock’s characters.
Jan 27, 2019 5:19 PM

Oct 2018
I enjoyed the movie I really liked that they went back in time and explained what happened with planet vageta. Broly in my since is one bad ass dude he seemed even more bad ass then the films from way back in my kid days. I love DBZ every-time I watch it I feel like a kid man i'm looking for more from Broly now he is canon and all
Jan 27, 2019 9:30 PM
Jan 2019
deg said:
camera-rip version is out there now for poor people like me and i just watched it

im glad Broly survives but Freeza is planning to manipulate him in the future to fight Goku and Vegeta

meanwhile Goku finally accepts that he is Kakarot too in the end there thats nice

the action in this movie is fucking great, cannot wait to watch it in better quality again

Free 720p quality if you haven't watch the movie yet
https://kissanime.ru/M/Anime/Dragon-Ball-Super-Movie-Dub
Jan 27, 2019 11:57 PM

Jul 2016
Sarila said:
So I watched the Broly movie a couple days ago in the cinema and the fight was really amazing!
But the story changed if you compare it to the DBZ anime and the movies of Bardock and Broly.
In the DBS movie there is told Bardock send Goku to save him. But in the anime Raditz told Goku he was send to Earth to destroy the planet. This was also clear from the movie of Bardock, but in the DBS Broly movie the Bardocks history has changed.
Also in the DBZ Broly movies Goku and Vegeta already met Broly and Broly saw Goku as his greatest enemy. At the DBS Broly movie Broly didn't even mention Goku. Ofcourse this all isn't very criticial because the movie can just be another version where they didn't met each other yet and Goku wasn't the enemy of Broly.
But also the history of Broly has changed. Broly wasn't send to another planet by King Vegeta, but Broly saved his father and himself when Freeza destroyed Planet Vegeta.

The Bardock special and Broly movies are not even canon so these is hardly a story changes or rectons, the only thing that can somehow can considers as a "recton" was the reason why Goku was sent to the Earth and his age when he arrived on Earth (Although the manga never actually shows how Goku meet Grandpa Gohan like the anime does).
Jan 28, 2019 7:32 AM

Jan 2009
Son_Goku8857 said:
deg said:
camera-rip version is out there now for poor people like me and i just watched it

im glad Broly survives but Freeza is planning to manipulate him in the future to fight Goku and Vegeta

meanwhile Goku finally accepts that he is Kakarot too in the end there thats nice

the action in this movie is fucking great, cannot wait to watch it in better quality again

Free 720p quality if you haven't watch the movie yet
https://kissanime.ru/M/Anime/Dragon-Ball-Super-Movie-Dub

ye i just downloaded the english dub leak screener on nyaatorrents
Jan 28, 2019 8:56 AM

Oct 2015
Just letting everyone else know that the movie finally came out online in okayish quality.

It's unbelievable how more than 70 countries had this movie air in the cinemas, while many even in Europe had to wait for the camera version, or this one, or even later versions. I thought I'd have to wait til summer for good quality.

Somehow the movie felt a bitshort. I know its script was 3 hours long when the movie just being planned. I wish we could have gotten that. Maybe we'll get an extended version sometime. That would be epic.
I heard the artstyle is not really liked, and it's not my favourite either. It's weird how the bodies sometimes look like stretched pasta, but it's nice otherwise.
I can't really say anything else about the visuals, because I haven't seen it in blu-ray/cinema version, so I'll definitely rewatch it, once the blu-ray version comes out.
Also sometimes the movie felt waaay too fast to understand what was going on.
Also can't really say anything about the sounds, because it was cam-sounds, so it wasn't top notch, but damn, I was waiting for the "Blizzard" song to start playing during the fight. A little bit of less screaming would have been better, too.

Now that I mentioned the tiny problems, I guess I'd better mention all the amazing stuff. At first many people thought that the history if saiyans was rewritten in a more contradicting way, like Goku would be the same age as Vegeta, but we got a 5 years of timeskip there. The 1st 3rd of the movie was interesting to see, definitely. Now we have some idea how planet Vegeta looked like.

Frieza seems to have gotten some character development. In the past he would have murdered his minions for dumb reasons, while here he was casually chatting with them about his height, etc. Seems a bit odd. He's a bit more forgiving, or something. I liked those funny bits about his height and Bulma's age as well.
Oh, and by the end of the movie Frieza pretty much seemed like Pilaf to me. Does dumb stuff, but ends up being just an annoyance to the main crew. I'm sure he can get insanely strong soon, though.

The transformations seemed a bit odd. Vegeta going green-ssj, then normal ssj. I heard there's a video discussing that, it just seems a bit strange to me. ssj green is basically a banana that's not ripe yet? And when Goku is transforming, the colors just seem to be all-over the place, but it seemed epic anyways.

Anyways, it was epic to watch. I envy people who had the chance to watch it in the cinema. I'll definitely rewatch it a few times, once the blu-ray version is out.

Jan 28, 2019 12:50 PM

Jan 2013
Just saw the movie in the Netherlands with the English dub.

Ok let me just start off by saying that was AWESOME! - They knew exactly what the viewers wanted and so much more!
I do have to say that I haven't seen anything related to Super yet but I did hear some things about a tournament and Freeza being resurrected again. (that we saw being referenced in the movie)
Also does this movie mean that the other 3 movies about Broly aren't canon anymore, or were they never canon at all? (Considering they had no idea who Broly was in this movie)

Now onto the movie itself.
I never knew about Goku's mother so seeing Gine pop up and be confirmed as his mother was a nice surprise ^^
Seeing the past of Bardock being blown up and Goku being sent to Earth left a tear in my eye, I felt sad seeing Bardock blow up again.
The animation was amazing! - Maybe at a few times a bit too simplistic but still fine.
The comedy was on point, they knew when to implement a good reference or just be silly, for example Freeza being overly dramatic about Paragus' death.
The action scenes ... oh my god ... absolutely gorgeous, the fights felt so fluid and felt like an upgrade from what we were used to seeing in Dragon Ball / Z.

I also loved the fact that at some of the scenes people in the cinema seemed to know certain references and laughed because of the funny scenes involved, glad I wasn't the only one :D

10/10, they knew what we wanted and we got it!

If you have the chance PLEASE see it in a cinema!
Jan 28, 2019 2:32 PM

Jul 2013
The story was ok, but once the fight began it felt a bit rushed. The transition from one plot point to another could be smoother.

The animation is without a doubt the strongest part of the movie. I'm loving every transformation sequence. The fight choreography is better than the entirety of DBS, though I'm not a fan of how the camera had to rotate 20 times every shot. Finally they're nailing the flashy, fast-paced fight without turning them into incomprehensible mess.

I like the parallel between Bulma and Frieza, and Beerus raising Bra lol

This is nitpicking, but how the hell did Frieza stall Broly for an hour? I wouldn't question this if the last arc didn't stretch 48 minutes into 30+ episodes.

Overall decent movie, solid 7/10
Jan 28, 2019 3:13 PM

Jan 2013
JustMonaka said:

This is nitpicking, but how the hell did Frieza stall Broly for an hour? I wouldn't question this if the last arc didn't stretch 48 minutes into 30+ episodes.

Lmao I was thinking the exact same thing when I was in the cinema :D
Jan 28, 2019 7:35 PM

Feb 2017
This EASILY has the best artstyle and animation out of all of the Dragon Ball movies so far. I'm really happy that Broly survived so that we can see him in the future.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Jan 29, 2019 12:01 AM

Jul 2016
PrOxAnto said:
Also does this movie mean that the other 3 movies about Broly aren't canon anymore, or were they never canon at all? (Considering they had no idea who Broly was in this movie)

The previous Broly movies was never canon at all as those movie has completely nothing to do with Toriyama himself, the only thing he ever do in the previous movies was designing LSSJ Broly and that's it (Same goes with the first 17 movies and specials as well).

Slim_Lamie said:
I heard the artstyle is not really liked

Who said that? Aside of those Tadayoshi Yamamuro's fanboys, the art style is pretty much liked for most fans and it's look far more closer to the DB manga's art style than Yamamuro did nowadays.
MahiaErebeaNegiJan 29, 2019 12:11 AM
Jan 29, 2019 1:15 AM
Mar 2011
I'm just waiting for them to make a Cooler movie now since Frieza sad that he needed someone else to fight Goku and Vegeta since Broly looks like he probably won't take that role. Have Turles be apart of Cooler's squadron, but make Cooler weaker originally than Frieza as being the reason he is never mentioned but is using Tree of Mights to increase his power level up to his brother's power level. I doubt they will make Cooler canon unless he is from another universe.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Jan 29, 2019 8:38 AM

Feb 2012
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BROLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Even Gogeta had to go SSJ Blue to finally handle him and put him under control.

Freeza did my boi Paragus really dirty tho smdh.

Overall really good DBS movie, definitely best so far since the restart of Dragon Ball.

Cant wait to see more of Broly in the Dragon Ball Super 2.
Jan 29, 2019 8:39 AM

Mar 2014
Best Dragon Ball movie so far!!

They took key elements of the first Broly movie + Gogeta from Jamemba movie + Dragon Ball minus arc and blend them very well into the Dragon Ball Super timeline. The moment when Vegeta and Broly started to fight, I was unable to leave the sit (even if I really wanted to refill my popcorns :x ). Very epic and fast pacing with a good animation.

I really liked how they used Freezer as the one who move the strings during all the movie, giving hopes of an inevitable rematch between Freezer vs the Z fighters in a near future. The "5__ thing" for a Dragon Ball wish was very funny. Not to mention about how Freezer stayed 1 hour against Broly while Goku and Vegeta were trying the fusion dance! That was funny too.

Also if you noticed guys, during all the movie they really gave that cool "broly/alien" green color at everything aside of the obvious Broly (Freezer army's armor, during Goku/Vegeta's SSJ transformations, etc.). Weird but also eye-catching. If I have something to complain would be Cheelai, I do not like her character as she really exagerates about Paragus's methods of controlling Broly and the unnecessary fanservice, THERE ARE KIDS WATCHING THE MOVIE!! At least is just a minor complain and doesn't affects my overall satisfaction with this movie.
Jan 29, 2019 3:14 PM

Nov 2012
Wow they didn't make Vegeta a joke in this movie. That's a progress I guess.

Well, I don't understand why they remake Broly's story. They could create another character for this movie. It's not like they make him more interesting, he still has zero personality.

Anyway, I catch myself smile while I watch it. I was really happy they use the old style designs. Things went pretty good in fights too, until they ran out of budget or they started use ugly 3d.

They also changed Bardock's story which happens to be my favorite dbz movie. That's annoyed me a lot and it's my only major complain.

Overall, I enjoyed it more than the 2 previous movies.
Jan 30, 2019 12:27 AM

Jul 2016
SofiaviBritannia said:
Well, I don't understand why they remake Broly's story. They could create another character for this movie.

This is pretty much what I think about it when they first announced Broly will be in this movie. I still don't understand why Toriyama didn't make a another character and put Broly: BR's (New Broly) characteristic into it instead of remake Broly.

SofiaviBritannia said:
They also changed Bardock's story which happens to be my favorite dbz movie..

It's hardly a story changes at all when the Bardock special isn't even canon in the first place lol.
Feb 1, 2019 10:38 AM
May 2016
Loved the action,freeza was cool and worked as a comedy character for me,liked the old graphics and implication of new cgi.Fighting announcer was unnecessary,was a little bit too,but i heard that originally script was 3hours instead of 1.40h.Also canon material got messed up again as it was in super,so nothing new.As a visual fighting porn it was great,that's the main point of the anime and it's the main reason why it's fun and enjoyable,but i don't think it deserves that much praise it gets.Also what happen with the art when they arrived to the piccolo,were they trying to remind us how ugly super was.. 7.5/10.
HaraaFeb 1, 2019 11:09 AM
Feb 1, 2019 11:59 AM

May 2012
This movie had quite possibly the most breathtaking fight scenes I have ever seen! One hell of a spectacle to behold! 10/10
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Feb 2, 2019 2:03 AM

Oct 2017
This was way better than the previous version of Broly. Loved it.

Though, now I really dislike Vegeta.
Feb 2, 2019 12:13 PM

May 2015
I like this movie, but fights are bit of chaotic for me. Still I'm impressed of Freeza. He holds Broly for an hour. GIve this man a cookie!
FrozenRaiderFeb 2, 2019 12:16 PM
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 2, 2019 4:18 PM

Oct 2013
Several days ago I saw it and I must say it's been a while since I was that much satisfied after watching a movie! "Broly" movie truly made me feel again like a kid watching Dragon Ball Z for the first time, excited to see what's gonna happen.

Beautiful art, even more beautiful animation, awesome characters (both new and old), great music, the plot... everything was purely excellent and 10/10 about this movie.

It had all the elements I loved in Dragon Ball: journey, drama, effects, humor. "Broly" summarized, to be honest, everything I loved in Dragon Ball serie as a kid, I love today as an adult and I will love in the future as an older adult (lol).

One thing about Broly: while I still like classic Broly, this one is better for me. More complex and interesting. To think I was skeptical about the idea of refreshing Broly's concept in order to put him in canon via the movie at first. Maybe I was afraid about old Broly being changed completely. Fortunatelly, it is still Broly we love, but better, stronger and generally more awesome. :-)
Feb 3, 2019 7:08 AM

May 2017
The fights were pretty meh, the cgi was used better than other anime in recent times, but still it wasn't good enough at times it felt like it was some kind of a video game, but the story about Brolly and the origins of Goku and Vegeta was pretty good. Overall a decent movie with a solid 6/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2019 10:47 AM

Feb 2015
I love the art style used in this. Dragon Ball has never looked this good before. Very satisfied with the action scenes, but could've toned down on the CGI at some points. Probably my favourite Dragon Ball movie of all I've watched.
Feb 3, 2019 7:01 PM

Jan 2010
The back story was the best part of this movie IMO. I also liked that they played chala heqd chala on the first part of the movie, brings back memories.. And the wishes they have for the dragon balls are... petty lol.
Feb 5, 2019 10:29 PM

Nov 2011

I like how they turn Freeza from a complete bastard into an entertaining bastard. He make a Krillin out of Paragus. Freaking lol when they ditch Broly on him.

Honestly, the final fight was rather dragged out. I love it more when Broly was fighting in his base form. It's like watching the Hulk beating the shit out of everyone. Super Saiyan God means jack shit. I do like that they make Blue look strong again because in the TV series, Goku and Vegeta uses it all the time which it make less cooler.

I didn't even realize when Broly entered his Legendary Super Saiyan form, it happens mid fight or something. If you don't pay great attention, you'll miss it which is rather dumb. The scene should've been bigger and the most epic one.

It's great that Broly didn't die, we'll probably see him in the TV series. Broly,Goku and Vegeta will be the Monster Trio.

Wonder how Ultra Instinct Goku would've fare against Broly.

Feb 6, 2019 9:35 PM
Sep 2010
this was awesome, nice to have an established origin and the fights were great. I'm glad they didnt make broly a muscle bound brute and gave him a sympathetic side. Hope to see him develop further in any future sequels or hopefully if super anime returns.

i do have one nitpick, which is the timeline. it starts 41 years ago which would fit ok with the super timeline but it added a 5 years later section for when Bardock sends Goku to earth, which unfortunately ruins the timeline. If goku is sent away at the same time as Broly then it would fit perfect as well, such a shame.

Year 0 - Goku as a baby is sent to earth
Year 12 - Goku meets Bulma, defeats Pilaf, Trains with Roshi
Year 13 - 21st Tenkaichi Budokai / red ribbon army / Baba
Year 16 - Tien / King Piccolo
Year 19 - Piccolo Junior
Year 24 - Raditz
Year 25 - Saiyan arc / Frieza arc
Year 27 - Trunks arc
Year 30 - Androids / Cell
Year 37 - Buu
Year 38 - Beerus ( i believe this may have been retconned here to this point in the series in the super anime, i cant remember for sure though)
Year 39 - Frieza Revived
Year 40 - Universe 6 / Goku Black
Year 41 - Tournament of Power

so yeah the 5 year later for Goku being sent to earth kinda ruined it lol, it was almost perfect. and even if i've got the super portion of the timeline wrong it still doesn't work cause 36 years later is 1 year before Buu lol.

but other than my need for a perfect timeline this movie was pretty much perfect.
Feb 8, 2019 8:32 PM

Dec 2015
After watching the utterly disastrous anime called dragon ball super i laughed so hard when i heard about this movie coming well guess what i was so wrong i felt for the first time that his movie brought the spirit of dragon ball Z the fight was stunning in a way that i couldn't even keep up with the speed gonna definitely rewatch this in bluray when available 8/10
Feb 9, 2019 8:52 PM

Mar 2013
I like how there's not really much plot in this movie, but just pure raw action.

I wonder if this would be the last movie for the series or if it would be the last thing we ever get out of the entire franchise....

I hope not since I want to see more of Broly in the future!
Feb 10, 2019 12:36 AM

Jul 2016
Trizept said:
I wonder if this would be the last movie for the series or if it would be the last thing we ever get out of the entire franchise....

......... Where were you when the DBS manga got a new arc (Which take placed after ToP and this movie) and the release of Heroes anime?
Feb 11, 2019 8:13 AM

May 2009
Finally a movie the fanbase fucking deserves! I can't tell you how fucking happy i am this movie wasn't a pile of shit. THANK YOU!
Feb 11, 2019 10:33 AM

May 2016
This was HYPE AS F**K!!!

Another solid movie i've finished today just as My Hero Academia the Movie.

Good to see Broly as a better character than the original series.
Feb 14, 2019 9:57 PM

Dec 2016
What a great movie 👌
Feb 16, 2019 3:18 PM

Mar 2016
I really don't know how to feel about this movie. It finally feels like Dragon Ball again (kind of) and it ain't bad. That I know. But it also feels short, very short. I heard that Toriyama's original script was around 3 hours longs. That's crazy. A lot was cutted out.
The animation was great (I love you Shida), the music was divisive. The main theme was pretty damm good but those ''Broly'' and ''Kakarotto'' were very weird and the characters were nice. The new additions were pretty cool. It was a shame that Broly's characterization felt incomplete and that the final battle was pretty one sided. Also, Broly > Beerus? Now you're pushing it.
I'm gonna need to rewatch the movie to give it a final score. And I definitely want this to be adapted to the new season of Super. Please don't skip it. It should be much better.

After rewatch:
Yap. Incomplete movie. I'm really pushing for a retelling of this in the new season of Super. It would be a much more strong entry than a straight up sequel. The 2 new characters were a good addition and it was great to see Goku finally using his brain and techniques against an opponent. Don't loose that touch Super's sequel. Also, kind of weird that Vegeta didn't scream at Goku for stopping is fight so he could fight in his place (which was the best sequence of the whole movie).

6/10.
Feb 16, 2019 5:45 PM

Aug 2015
finally catched dbs:b really entertaining, fun watching in movie theater.

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Am I the only one that really dislikes Minus approach to Goku and Bardock?

KatsuragiKyon - Oct 15, 2018

2 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 11, 2023 11:06 AM

» Planet Sadala

removed-user - Nov 4, 2018

1 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 11, 2023 10:59 AM

» Opinion on Cheelai?

xfinityretaile1 - Jan 21, 2019

24 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 11, 2023 10:13 AM

Poll: » Who is the weakest among Beerus, Broly and Jiren?

darthbarth - Nov 7, 2022

13 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 11, 2023 10:06 AM

Poll: » Detailing

Dixter34 - Apr 23, 2023

14 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 11, 2023 10:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.