Forum Settings
Forums

Will there be more epic animes in the next decade?

New
Nov 27, 2018 8:43 AM

Sep 2018
From what we already know, in this decade we have had some animes that will remain in our hearts with the epics that were.

But there is a problem, every season is filled with more and more anime clitche, moe, fanservice, ecchi and unnecessary comedy, and that I do not count on the bad adaptations.

Seeing for the future, next year they release some animes that are seen to be a surprise, but one never knows what can happen.

What is your opinion?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 27, 2018 8:46 AM

Jan 2009
Vinland Saga i heard is as good as Attack on Titan but lets see since i never read its manga
Nov 27, 2018 8:49 AM

Aug 2018
I'm John Titor and I come from the future... IT WON'T.
Nov 27, 2018 8:50 AM

Dec 2016
'Decade' is a pretty long term so I'd predict that there will be at least half a dozen epic ones amongst the sea of clitche, moe, fanservice, ecchi and unnecessary comedy.

Even if there isn't something innovative, the industry will make a remake of an old epic so it'll be available for new viewers who got turned off of bad artwork/animation.
Nov 27, 2018 8:51 AM

Oct 2014
Considering you're only 16 OP, you haven't lived through other eras of anime and haven't seen the many different seasons growing up, i don't think your worries are that justified. There will of course be epic anime in the 2020 decade, and like ANY medium in ANY era, epic is only epic because the majority isn't.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Nov 27, 2018 8:53 AM

Oct 2017
If you look back at older seasons most of the shows were bad or mediocre. That's always been a thing and it doesn't stop true masterpieces from being made. Of course there's going to be some epics in the future. For next year Vinland Saga and The Promised Neverland already look very promising with their highly praised source material.
Nov 27, 2018 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
If a few manga get an anime adaptation ..... Definitely!
Nov 27, 2018 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
deg said:
Vinland Saga i heard is as good as Attack on Titan but lets see since i never read its manga

I've read a couple chapters of Vinlad Saga and it's Great. It's really well done. If the studio don't rush it will definetely would be great anime and likable to the majority.
Nov 27, 2018 9:19 AM

Jan 2009
Huntik said:
deg said:

I've read a couple chapters of Vinlad Saga and it's Great. It's really well done. If the studio don't rush it will definetely would be great anime and likable to the majority.

good to hear since im hearing a lot of praise on its manga
Nov 27, 2018 9:20 AM

Sep 2014
The next decade it's going to remain on the same level of epicness, but with more 3D and CGI.
Nov 27, 2018 9:25 AM

Feb 2015
I definitely think the industry will continue to be oversaturated with shit... But we are getting some great materials adapted in the coming few years...

So I feel as if we will have an industry that will be comprised mostly of shit with a couple diamonds amongst the trash each season...

As the industry increases in value, the better adaptation will receive greater care and hopefully create more near perfect, well developed anime...

The manga industry is doing better in the sense of better stuff to read simply because so many exist, and require near no money to produce, but the anime industry seems to wait a while before picking up the note worthy series that could actually be great and successful... Or they do pick them up and create complete shit (Berserk)

But I think the main edge for the industry will be continual sequels of well adapted, popular series... They seem to be taking the top materials and just continually adapting rather than picking up multiple series... So I think we're gonna be seeing tons of sequels with longer wait periods in between the creation of new "diamond" anime
Nov 27, 2018 9:31 AM

Oct 2015
Let us see, Vinland Saga, Pluto, a possibility of adapting Jojo Part 7, Dorohedoro, I'd say there is a few.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Nov 27, 2018 10:15 AM

Sep 2016
Astacar5252 said:
From what we already know, in this decade we have had some animes that will remain in our hearts with the epics that were.

But there is a problem, every season is filled with more and more anime clitche, moe, fanservice, ecchi and unnecessary comedy, and that I do not count on the bad adaptations.

Seeing for the future, next year they release some animes that are seen to be a surprise, but one never knows what can happen.

What is your opinion?

You say there is a problem, but then go on to list good things. So where's the problem?

How you define epic may not be the same as the next person. One man's epic is another man's average.
Once you establish parameters of what is "epic", then it can be determined how many (if any) we've had so far this decade, and we can estimate the likelihood of future ones.

You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Nov 27, 2018 10:22 AM

Jan 2016
It will if they are going to adapt Voynich Hotel and Takemitsu Zamurai.
Nov 27, 2018 10:28 AM

Feb 2018
If the right manga get adapted, then we could get some awesome stuff.
Nov 27, 2018 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
deg said:
Huntik said:

good to hear since im hearing a lot of praise on its manga

It's a praise that totally deserve to have
Nov 27, 2018 10:58 AM
otp haver πŸ€ͺ

Jul 2017
We have epic stuff. Seasonal watch and split seasons is the only reason people aren't putting them on pedestals.
Nov 27, 2018 11:01 AM

Oct 2010
Maybe if they adapt HakoMari, Sagrada got an adaptation and it was boring for the regular weeb.
HakoMari would be so cool.
Nov 27, 2018 11:01 AM

Nov 2016
We're getting so many anime each season, great stuff is bound to be there as well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 27, 2018 11:30 AM

Dec 2017
honestly, i just crave for some truly epic anime. but i feel like people have different definitions of being epic. for example, to me something like Kill la Kill or TTGL are epic af. everything about them just screams EPIC. i really hope to see something on the same level, otherwise it'll be really disappointing
Nov 27, 2018 11:35 AM
Jul 2015
Astacar5252 said:
What is your opinion?

What is the point of trying to predict the evolution of the anime?
Nov 27, 2018 11:37 AM

Oct 2013
Maybe if they make another season of Zombieland Saga in 2020
Nov 27, 2018 11:43 AM
Jul 2017
-Lofn- said:
Let us see, Vinland Saga, Pluto, a possibility of adapting Jojo Part 7, Dorohedoro, I'd say there is a few.

I haven’t heard any updated news on Pluto’s adaptation. It’s been a while since they announced it and it kind of worries me.
Nov 27, 2018 11:44 AM

Apr 2018
To me, the question sounds totally absurd. It's probably because I'm enjoying a lot of anime,even this season, there's so much worth watching.
Isekai for the brain, CGDCT for the heart
Yuri for the pain and seiyuus for the soul.

Nov 27, 2018 11:45 AM

Jan 2012
Putting stories aside...animation will definitely get better. We'll be seeing 4k animation most likely.

Nov 27, 2018 11:46 AM

Feb 2010
Astacar5252 said:

stop talking bullshit pls. You're not even old enough to be able to judge how anime output changed over the years. As someone who has watched 20-30 titles every single season since the beginning of simulcasting I can tell you you're full of shit and none of this is even remotely true. And als 'unncessary comedy' is about as subjective as it gets.

You're probably just starting to grow out of your anime phase and now you try to blame it on some kind of 'decline' like thousands of others casuals before you who couldn't admit to themselves that anime was just a phase for them.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 27, 2018 12:40 PM

Feb 2013
i remember a time when anime made good shows without clitche, moe, fanservice, ecchi and unnecessary comedy such as Ken En Ken ;_;
Nov 27, 2018 12:42 PM

Feb 2010
romagia said:
i remember a time when anime made good shows without clitche, moe, fanservice, ecchi and unnecessary comedy such as Ken En Ken ;_;

wow you must be super old to have such ancient memories
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 27, 2018 12:43 PM

Feb 2013
Pullman said:
romagia said:

wow you must be super old to have such ancient memories
not very old, i am just an ordinary time traveler
Nov 27, 2018 12:44 PM

Oct 2010
Slice of life will still be the most reliable source of quality, and maybe we can have a few non-SOL things that are worth.
Nov 27, 2018 1:12 PM

Mar 2012
Short answer, no.

Long answer...this is a topic that’s been discussed for more than a decade and there are still epic anime that come out either every year or every few years.

I think what everyone seems to do is overreact to trends and say “this is destroying the industry.” Yes, moe schlock is watering down the overall quality of anime as a whole, but that’s just the trend right now. Trends change drastically when it comes to anime viewership. 15-20 years ago, all the craze was around mecha and space opera themed anime. That too, has slowly died about. Around the same time, samurai/Edo period anime were extremely popular as well. Those two themes aren’t nearly as popular now.

Everything is based completely on the market. Right now, for whatever rhyme or reason, moe is really popular in Japan, but in due time, the trend will die because, like anything else, it’s a fad that will die and evolve with the generation.

Still, despite all of this, there are still epic anime coming out this decade. Maybe not to the extend like the 2000s, but I think think of a handful of epic anime that have come out and will continue to come out.
Nov 27, 2018 1:22 PM

Oct 2010
Toucanbird said:
Short answer, no.

Long answer...this is a topic that’s been discussed for more than a decade and there are still epic anime that come out either every year or every few years.

I think what everyone seems to do is overreact to trends and say “this is destroying the industry.” Yes, moe schlock is watering down the overall quality of anime as a whole, but that’s just the trend right now. Trends change drastically when it comes to anime viewership. 15-20 years ago, all the craze was around mecha and space opera themed anime. That too, has slowly died about. Around the same time, samurai/Edo period anime were extremely popular as well. Those two themes aren’t nearly as popular now.

Nitpicking and all, but looking through your ratings I wouldn't consider you to have much of a problem with moe, in fact it seems quite the contrary.
Nov 27, 2018 1:32 PM

Mar 2012
jal90 said:
Toucanbird said:
Short answer, no.

Nitpicking and all, but looking through your ratings I wouldn't consider you to have much of a problem with moe, in fact it seems quite the contrary.

Like anything on this Earth, you can find some good things amongst the bad. The same is true for moe anime. There are some good and some bad. Where my list is concerned, you’ll probably notice that a good chunk of the moe that get good ratings are produced primarily by P.A. Works or Kyoto Animation. Some studios do a very good job with moe while a majority suck at it. My biggest beef with the industry is that it is a genre/trope that is overrsaturating the market. There isn’t a huge variety of series coming out right now, which I find disappointing.
Nov 27, 2018 1:37 PM

Oct 2010
Toucanbird said:
jal90 said:

Like anything on this Earth, you can find some good things amongst the bad. The same is true for moe anime. There are some good and some bad. Where my list is concerned, you’ll probably notice that a good chunk of the moe that get good ratings are produced primarily by P.A. Works or Kyoto Animation. Some studios do a very good job with moe while a majority suck at it. My biggest beef with the industry is that it is a genre/trope that is overrsaturating the market. There isn’t a huge variety of series coming out right now, which I find disappointing.

I mean, when I'm saying this is because MOST of the moe you've watched has good to great ratings. So maybe you are talking about stuff you have avoided for whatever reason or that is not on your list?

I think I get your point on the saturation though (not that I really agree but that's my tastes and bias), but I'm saying this mainly because for some reason and specially when moe is criticized as some sort of cause of downfall for the industry by someone I'm surprised to see that their ratings to most moe stuff they've watched are actually very high, sometimes (in your case with Key works, since you are quite into romance dramas) higher than mine xD
jal90Nov 27, 2018 2:20 PM
Nov 27, 2018 2:28 PM

Sep 2018
Pullman said:

stop talking bullshit pls. You're not even old enough to be able to judge how anime output changed over the years. As someone who has watched 20-30 titles every single season since the beginning of simulcasting I can tell you you're full of shit and none of this is even remotely true. And als 'unncessary comedy' is about as subjective as it gets.

You're probably just starting to grow out of your anime phase and now you try to blame it on some kind of 'decline' like thousands of others casuals before you who couldn't admit to themselves that anime was just a phase for them.

What I try to understand is that as the production of anime is increasing, there are animes that in the first episodes make it seem interesting and then they add more and more content that in the end we have an overloaded product, I do not say the genre comedy "unnecessary" is the problem, but the problem is that they simply do not know how to squeeze all the juice of this, and remain satisfied with the final material and end up concentrating only on marketing.
Nov 27, 2018 3:18 PM

Dec 2008
I think that once or twice a year some really good series comes out that blow the others out of the water.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Nov 27, 2018 4:29 PM

May 2014
Yes of course.
There's already going to be a ton of epic anime in the upcoming seasons. Such as Mob Psycho 100 season 2, The Promised Never land and Vinland Saga.
Nov 27, 2018 4:39 PM

Jan 2013
No, obviously 31st December 2019 will mark the end of quality anime. Everything after that will be either mediocre at best or just filled with moe trash and fanservice.
Nov 27, 2018 4:53 PM

Nov 2016
Maybe, there could be some few good ones, a lot of averages and a ton of trash.

Nov 27, 2018 4:58 PM

Oct 2013
You could say I'm too positive and hopeful but I think there are always something good to watch for in every year. I wont deny that there some are not quite good as well. You need to take some misses and patience to find one. So everytime I came across that one anime that I find good and enjoyable, I feel very gratified.
Nov 27, 2018 6:34 PM

Jan 2018
No. Anime will die. WW3 will start as a result. Luckily, it's a non-nuclear war.

Trust me. My friend's uncle works for NA... The Space Force.
Nov 27, 2018 10:28 PM

Nov 2017
As long as there are more epic manga on going, I don't have to worry about it.
Nov 27, 2018 11:43 PM
ε­”ηœŸγƒ»γ‚³γ‚¦γƒžγ‚³γƒˆ

Jun 2017
I’m sure there’ll be aplenty, just like this decade and all the previous ones before this. A decade is a really long time, after all!

Besides, in almost every single year, we’re having an epic show, aren’t we?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 28, 2018 12:15 AM
Aug 2018
Astacar5252 said:

What is your opinion?

There's nothing wrong with the number of moe shows being produced right now. Just because they're in a genre that you don't enjoy doesn't mean that there's something wrong with the show, it's that your tastes are different. I for one, love moe shows. They're my favorite type of series, and when i'm looking for a new show to watch, whether it has a moe-esque art style or not is the most important thing for me personally.

Also, there is not being made a lot of ecchi. At most there are three or four out of fifty shows each season.
Nov 28, 2018 12:26 AM

Aug 2014
I'm one to think that moe, waifus and comedy are domains in which anime has something to offer that classic live action cannot. Maybe it's just as much anime perfecting its craft than a trend.
Nov 28, 2018 12:39 AM
Apr 2017
It's a possibility, but it's uncertain whenever it will or will not happen. We just need to wait a bit and see.
Nov 28, 2018 12:46 AM

May 2017
This is Such a subjective question, but I'll say from my perspective there's gonna be stuff that'll keep me into anime at least.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2018 2:51 AM
Jul 2018
What is epic to you doesn't mean it is epic for me.
Nov 28, 2018 3:11 AM

May 2018
Naaah, people are into cheesy drama nowadays.
Nov 29, 2018 4:56 AM

Jan 2018
Ofc there'll be.That anime is called Vinland Saga
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 7 hours ago

10 by meyve »»
35 seconds ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 8 hours ago

16 by Maou_heika »»
1 minute ago

» Do you have any favorite opening or ending animations?

RobertBobert - 8 minutes ago

1 by tchitchouan »»
2 minutes ago

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 3 hours ago

8 by mshfqtny »»
5 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 5 hours ago

25 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.