Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 21, 2018 7:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A room of memories huh?

Like finally, they've closed the gaps to find Mage in their adventure. This entire show has been about trying to find her and they finally arrived. Sadly, I felt nothing about her character even to the end. They didn't make me feel anything about Mage regardless of her importance in the main plot.

The finale only managed to answer some unresolved issues rather go out with an memorable conclusion. An incredibly underwhelming show imo. At least Viduax got a good conclusion in some way.
Stark700Nov 21, 2018 7:26 AM
Nov 21, 2018 7:50 AM

Feb 2016
lmfao, what a waste of time, I kept myself intrigued by Mage just to see a bunch of nothing that should have happened at the very beginning, but didn't happen because Derrida and his Best Friend were Stupid.

1/10

Also, this anime ended up with one of the dumbest revelations possible, it opens a BIG PLOTHOLE.
CrimsonWandererNov 21, 2018 8:01 AM
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 21, 2018 7:56 AM

Aug 2017
Finally, it's over. In the original timeline, Derrida is dead. The entire show is just a timeline where he's saved by Mage.

The anime is over the place, full of plot conveniences and stupid characters. 1/10 for the anime.

PD: how did Mayuka get there? lmao
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 21, 2018 8:22 AM

Jul 2017
In the end...its back to memories.

What's the link between the 18 year old Ange and the 8 year old Mage? Fuel for time-ride? What BS.

And...eclipse the final moments of Episode 1 with the final time ride into this final episode, and call it a day.

In the end, the reasoning is of little moments that have been built up over the last few episodes and then submitted as the final game plan...is what (could have) started the war from Episode 2.

Nice to see Vidaux and Mayuka alive and well (and Graham) in the alternate timeline.

What an abject failure with more questions than answers. The trainwreck of a show has come to its end.
KANLen09Nov 21, 2018 8:33 AM
Nov 21, 2018 8:37 AM

Nov 2016
What a bunch of nonsense, trainwreck of the season for sure.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 21, 2018 9:29 AM

Jan 2016
Funny how it started off boringly but somehow I taught to myself that they would make it interesting, but instead it became boring and bad. What a disappointment, lackluster and bad, it felt like there were 10 episodes missing between episode 10 and 12.

3/10 for being boring and bad at the same time
Nov 21, 2018 10:26 AM

Sep 2015
4.5/10 because it was just bad and boring.
Nov 21, 2018 10:26 AM

Jan 2018
Finally it's over conclusion of this episode bullpoop filled with plot holes

Mage a wasted character I can't feel her importance from just this one episode

Since from episode six I was hoping that from the next episode it will get better till episode 9 they have 3 episodes to convince us this whole anime but no episode 10 and 11 as same as the others and we get this
Nov 21, 2018 10:33 AM

Mar 2016
whelp this show was fucking pointless....that's all I need to say
at least it'll help with research knowing what NOT to do when writing scripts
Nov 21, 2018 10:40 AM

Mar 2016
shiro_kai said:

There's no option for 0/10?
Nov 21, 2018 10:50 AM

Sep 2015
Ryuseishun said:
shiro_kai said:

There's no option for 0/10?

I'm naive. I reserve the scores bellow 4 to the offensive shows. This one is completely forgettable and harmless.
Nov 21, 2018 12:04 PM

May 2018
I don't about you guys , but to me it's ok.

May 2018
I don't about you guys , but to me it's ok.
Jul 2018
whelp they really did chessy ending and I am not even surprised seeing how those mishmash clinches presented lol. Still quite shocked some renowned staff worked here but I guess even bad premise can't be saved by great staff (also I read somewhere many of Abe's ideas were discarded. I quite liked some of the main lead character designs but overall other characters design and compare to his past works this was not his work especially coming back after decade..).

Anyway this fastest fall 2018 finished show "RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida" show was indeed turned out to be serious meh show (and tried to be wannabe of Erased?) but was certainly watchable or tolerable. Truly impossible to recommend others because I don't understand why this show with generic premise was made to begin with? Also bad start for the new studio :(
Nov 21, 2018 12:10 PM

Jan 2018
Well there were a few moments that I liked throughout the show but overall this was definitely the disappointment of the season for me.
Nov 21, 2018 12:54 PM

Mar 2016
simo796 said:
it's bad,but better than goblin slayer for sure

I mean, Goblin Slayer is actually pretty good and at least gives interesting settings, background, and entertainment. THIS show, however, had none of those.
Nov 21, 2018 1:14 PM

Aug 2016
Man, I feel bad for ABe now.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Nov 21, 2018 4:08 PM
Oct 2018
WOW so many trolls. This anime was a 6 or 7, nothing more, nothing less. It had some weak episodes but also very high and strong moments. One of the best from a mediocre season.
Nov 21, 2018 4:24 PM

Jun 2012
Damn, that was pretty awesome. I thought it be a lousy finale but instead it wrapped everything up pretty nicely. I really enjoyed this anime, I came into it with really low expectations but it turned out to be pretty good. It wasn't perfect and there were some ups and downs, but this wasn't bad.
Nov 21, 2018 4:28 PM

Sep 2017
Well for how much of a dumpster fire this series was, the finale could have been a lot worse -at least the second half after he had done the time ride. It was actually a half decent conclusion. There may be some plot holes there, but I'm not gonna bother thinking about it.

3/10.

Edit: I should also mention that I thought this series looked really awesome after watching the PV's, so this was a pretty disappointing ride. If only I could time ride back to fix this mess hah.
ProofByColorNov 21, 2018 4:35 PM
Nov 21, 2018 4:32 PM

Sep 2017
Phataros said:
One of the best from a mediocre season.

Amusing your list is accurate. For someone with under 40 completed anime who is only watching 4 series from this season, and has seemingly not participated in any other season of anime, I find this claim hard to take seriously.
Nov 21, 2018 5:08 PM
Oct 2018
ProofByColor said:
Phataros said:
One of the best from a mediocre season.

Amusing your list is accurate. For someone with under 40 completed anime who is only watching 4 series from this season, and has seemingly not participated in any other season of anime, I find this claim hard to take seriously.

To be honest, I just used this to see what I should be watching and I started filling it not long ago, I'm very lazy to put them all, but I completed around 100 for sure, I've been watching anime since 1995 but I couldn't complete some of them due to TV being inconsistent, so I might have watched around 150. From this season I watched the first episode of 5 animes not counting the ones I'm completing or completed and I know when one is not worth the time for someone of my age, not even to put them here.

Oh and by the way, check my scores and compare it with the average score for every anime... I said this was probably a 6, I gave it a 7 because I love time travels. Average Score? 5.9. And that's for almost every other anime I have on my list.
PhatarosNov 21, 2018 5:13 PM
Nov 21, 2018 5:18 PM

Sep 2017
Phataros said:

To be honest, I just used this to see what I should be watching and I started filling it not long ago, I'm very lazy to put them all, but I completed around 100 for sure, I've been watching anime since 1995 but I couldn't complete some of them due to TV being inconsistent, so I might have watched around 150. From this season I watched the first episode of 5 animes not counting the ones I'm completing or completed and I know when one is not worth the time for someone of my age, not even to put them here.

Well that's fair. I have no reason to not believe you. It's just when someone makes a claim like that the first thing one would be inclined to do is view the profile/list to see what they are basing it on. Of course some people too lazy and/or unorganized to keep it up to date. Or in your case where you were watching anime long before such a tool existed.
Nov 21, 2018 5:48 PM
Oct 2018
ProofByColor said:
Phataros said:

Well that's fair. I have no reason to not believe you. It's just when someone makes a claim like that the first thing one would be inclined to do is view the profile/list to see what they are basing it on. Of course some people too lazy and/or unorganized to keep it up to date. Or in your case where you were watching anime long before such a tool existed.

I wish I wasn't so unorganized in general, but yeah, it's hard to remember all the animes since some are quite old, like Orphen, Beta-X or Magic Knight Rayearth. Also, I'm from South America and the airing is very inconsistent and I don't know all the names in japanese or even english for most of those from 1995 to early 2000's, I just remember how good or bad they were for me and why, but can't review them properly in some cases.
Nov 21, 2018 8:26 PM
Jul 2011
That was an okay ending but I'm disappointed overall.
Nov 21, 2018 9:03 PM
May 2008
I wish I had a best friend who had a cute loli girl who I can marry in the future.

Derrida was like 24? Mage was like 8? so now Derrida is 34 and Mage is 18 and they married?
differentNov 21, 2018 9:31 PM
Nov 21, 2018 10:27 PM
Feb 2012
I feel bad for anyone that is still an Abe fan at this point
Nov 22, 2018 9:16 AM

Apr 2012
Thank goodness I dropped this after episode 7 (too long enough) to realize it's time to move to better anime like Bunny Sempai, Goblin Slayer & Slime.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 22, 2018 10:35 AM

Jan 2013
what an ütter waste of time. this project deserves a D or an F even. will be avoiding anime based on big names in the industry from now on. they brought it upon themselves. halfassery is the reason we can't have nice things anymore.
Nov 22, 2018 1:39 PM
Jun 2017
Graham was only best in ths anime..
Nov 23, 2018 2:06 AM

May 2017
Ofc best girl never wins instead it's the girl with zero romantic build up and just coz she the main girl smfh

1/10
Nov 23, 2018 7:35 AM

Mar 2015
It started out boring but it ended up being both boring and bad. The writing was so random and events were happening all over the place just for plot convenience. I was waiting for Mage to be a main character but in the end it turned out she's extremely useless.
Obviously the fix for everything was as stupid as one sentence.
It was nice seeing everybody living a happy life after all that, even though I didn't care about anybody except Mayuka and Graham.
At least the opening was kinda catchy?
Nov 25, 2018 2:38 AM
Mar 2012
Surprise nice closure for all characters, like a sparkly ribbon tying this giant garbage.
I have regrets & wish I could turn back time to before watching this, but it wasn't all bad.
Vidaux/Mayuka relationship & Donna background were quite engrossing, as was funny not-Trump. Yuri was kinda pointless besides the camera plotpoints. Mage got less screen time than a minor side that she's barely an mc. Derrida's constantly like a grown man with sulking teenage angst & immature anger issues, and pretentiously tries to shoulder the world. As an mc personality that's ok, but no need to hammer that all the time so he becomes really annoying.
Nov 25, 2018 2:53 AM

Jun 2007
donna's backstory was the only real good part. vidaux/mayuka/graham really stole the show character wise though lol

"For me to call a man my friend, he must be equal to me in all aspects" - Griffith, 'Berserk'
Nov 27, 2018 4:10 PM

Aug 2018
i skipped most of the last episode, i just couldn't handle it anymore... i was warned this was bad but... damn!
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Nov 30, 2018 12:54 PM

Feb 2012
Well that was really bad and I'm glad it's finally over. I regret picking this up. Every episode felt like a waste of time and was extremely boring. I liked Vidaux and his backstory with his daughter. Happy he got a good ending. Otherwise one of the worst shows of the season.
Dec 3, 2018 2:27 AM

Mar 2012
I liked the way it started but it went downhill for me when they bought up the concept of "time ride".
Dec 4, 2018 9:21 AM

Aug 2013
Prime example why you shouldn't even look at any ratings.
I don't know what most people expected by this series, but I'm really glad it didn't turn into another psuedo philosophical garbage.
Of course it's not a masterpiece by any means, but I genuinely enjoyed it.
rsc-plDec 4, 2018 9:32 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 13, 2018 10:31 AM

Dec 2013
Wow, this was a turd. I can't believe I made it through this show and still have no clue what's going on. I think the time travel in this one could have been explained better overall. But that's all in the past now, moving on to better shows.
Dec 19, 2018 1:18 AM

Mar 2009
This show tried so hard to be like Steins;Gate. It needed 2-cour or something to tell its story. Everything was so confusing and rushed in the last couple of episodes.

I don't have much praise for this show, but I did like Vidaux and Mayuka's relationship. And Donna's story was interesting, at least.
Dec 20, 2018 7:45 AM
Apr 2013
I watched till the end hoping something would happen between Derrida and Yuri, I'm so disappointed by the ending.
It was also a shitty ending for Yuri, not being able to remember...
I'll just put this anime in a corner of my mind and forget it existed
Dec 21, 2018 6:36 PM

Jun 2014
I'm glad that this ended well. Derrida really saved the world.

Mayuka is with her biological parents, as her father wasn't murdered in this timeline, and Vidaux is still with the police force, and his wife is still alive. Derrida and Mage are together now, and everything is peaceful. Even though their memories have not remained, Yuri somehow slightly remembers Derrida and Mage, although she doesn't know why. Maybe they'll tell her about it someday.

I really enjoyed this Anime, and I'm not certain as to why so many people seem to have disliked it. I don't see any real "problems" here.

Dec 27, 2018 3:04 PM

Apr 2016
I'm going to be real. This episode wasn't that bad. The entire series was bad though.

Time travel is EXTREMELY hard to pull off. I give any writer credit for trying to pull off time travel. The basic premise of this series makes sense. It was just very, very, very, VERY poorly executed. Episode 1 was fine despite some minor things that could have very easily been fixed. The finale was fine despite some things that could have been fixed. Everything in between was dirty butt cheeks.

I think they tried their best to explain everything.

In order to time ride you need to technology and very vivid memories. That's their way to time travel.

Derrida was able to time ride because 10 years ago was literally less than a week ago for him. Mage was using her memories as the fuel to time ride, and Derrida unknowingly had the technology to time ride the entire time with that locket.

The final time ride makes sense. If Mage never gets hurt then Nathan gets the opportunity to stop the bug. All Derrida had to do was tell Mage that she was going to help Nathan, and then Mage wouldn't get hurt. IT MAKES SENSE.

Ange is likely the most confusing thing in the entire series, and something I won't bother figuring out 100%. From what I understand it is like a living time being, and Mage conjured it up with her will. Mage created Ange to help guide Derrida to live instead of dying. Sure. I guess that makes sense.

Overall... I still give this anime a 5/10 because all the episodes in between were so bad, but the idea was a good one. The logic for the main, main, main story makes sense. I don't believe it is nonsense and an ass-pull.

1. Create technology to time travel.
2. Past memories are used as fuel.
3. You can change small events ever so slightly only once.
4. 18-year old Mage figured this all out.
5. 18-year old Mage didn't have sufficient memories to fix this
6. 18-year old Mage realized if she could save Derrida then he probably could probably save the world.
7. 18-year old Mage creates Ange to save Derrida, and purposely cryofreezes him
8. 18-year old Mage leaves locket with time ride technology inside where Derrida is, and goes back to main technology.
9. Derrida awakens, and journeys to find Mage while also being helped by Ange, Yuri, and Destruct.
10. Derrida time rides one last to stop Mage from hurting herself, and instead give Nathan the access key to stop the war.

This. All. Makes. Sense. It is a good plot in theory. The problem? Poorly executed. Even the side story of Donna/Angelica is solid. This anime had promise.
[
Jan 2, 2019 6:48 AM
Apr 2016
Anyone know what is the song name for the insert song? The one that Yuri sang. Its a semi English song.
Jan 2, 2019 7:55 PM

Mar 2010
They are holding hands... They aren't dating right? Lol Honestly felt that Yuri and Donna was super pointless characters.

I enjoyed watching Vidaux.
Jan 13, 2019 3:51 AM

Apr 2015
You could see some effort peppered in the storyline/concept(still messy), but aesthetically this was a total miss, and the execution of most of the individual scenes ranged from bad to mediocre. Lots of pointless moments and yet Marge and her side of the story wasn't shown enough at all. First half had some entertaining moments, comparable to Clockwork Planet perhaps. 2/10
Jan 19, 2019 11:22 AM
Jul 2008
Hotwing-Dono said:

This. All. Makes. Sense. It is a good plot in theory. The problem? Poorly executed. Even the side story of Donna/Angelica is solid. This anime had promise.

Almost nothing makes sense in the show, I'm going to comment what you write. Feel free to read if you have time.

In order to time ride you need to technology and very vivid memories. That's their way to time travel.

Derrida was able to time ride because 10 years ago was literally less than a week ago for him.

He can make new memories made out of nowhere(assumed from other timeline) and time travel to those time. When he got back to present time, he 'accepted' that memory as his current memory.

Mage was using her memories as the fuel to time ride, and Derrida unknowingly had the technology to time ride the entire time with that locket.

Why a single tiny chip inside a locket can make him to time ride? It can somehow receive the power from the coffin like power transfer machine? And why a place out of nowhere still has electricity going with world currently at chaos? Time travel should've consume a lot of power. And like Derida said, the time ride feels like supernatural phenomenon and should be kept as supernatural instead of half assed sci-fi.

The final time ride makes sense. If Mage never gets hurt then Nathan gets the opportunity to stop the bug. All Derrida had to do was tell Mage that she was going to help Nathan, and then Mage wouldn't get hurt. IT MAKES SENSE.

I don't understand this one because I was not really paying attention. Why Nathan picked up the phone can change the outcome? The patch was made by Derida not Nathan. Whether Nathan or Derida picked up the phone, in the end both will be discussing about the problem and made Derida create the patch. IT DOESN"T MAKES SENSE.

Ange is likely the most confusing thing in the entire series, and something I won't bother figuring out 100%. From what I understand it is like a living time being, and Mage conjured it up with her will. Mage created Ange to help guide Derrida to live instead of dying. Sure. I guess that makes sense.

Just like you said, strong wish by Mage from the original timeline where both Nathan and Derida died created Ange to prevent both of them dying but in the end she can only prevent Derida dying(just because). Just like stated above, no explanation about this phenomenon, the series should keep to the supernatural theme not Sci-Fi.

Overall... I still give this anime a 5/10 because all the episodes in between were so bad, but the idea was a good one. The logic for the main, main, main story makes sense. I don't believe it is nonsense and an ass-pull.

I still can't believe why you think this show is not ass pull. It's been ass pull since Derida told Mage to give the chip to Nathan but for some reason she didn't give the chip to him or why he did not give such important chip directly to Nathan.

1. Create technology to time travel.

Time 'ride'

2. Past memories are used as fuel.

Scientific explanation?

3. You can change small events ever so slightly only once.

But he can change his answer to make Mage which her not to get sick. Compared to his previous attempts, this is a quite big event change but some he can pull it out.

4. 18-year old Mage figured this all out.

Ok. We have the genius girl

5. 18-year old Mage didn't have sufficient memories to fix this

Correction, she didn't have vivid enough memory to time ride and every time ride will erase her memory so the only solution is she need someone else to do the time ride while she becomes the fuel.

6. 18-year old Mage realized if she could save Derrida then he probably could probably save the world.

She didn't purposely want to save Derida, she want to save her father too but only Derida can survive just because.

7. 18-year old Mage creates Ange to save Derrida, and purposely cryofreezes him

Ange created from what? Dream particles? And Derida somehow freezed himself.

8. 18-year old Mage leaves locket with time ride technology inside where Derrida is, and goes back to main technology.

Need more explanation about this. Locket is not the time ride technology, the small chip inside is transferring the time ride power.

9. Derrida awakens, and journeys to find Mage while also being helped by Ange, Yuri, and Destruct.

Seems like the start of shounen story. Meet convenient bodyguard after awaking. When Mage visited his cyro coffin, she gave him piece of paper along the locket. It seems he never read the paper? And why he got detected by Andrei? He did not have any ID when Mayuka checked him and 'somehow' Andrei got notified? Just because.
Judging from what Mayuka did, seemed like everyone got chip implanted inside their body past 10 years but there's no explanation at all about this, why everyone implanted chip into their body?

10. Derrida time rides one last to stop Mage from hurting herself, and instead give Nathan the access key to stop the war.

Happy ending! Even with last 'fuel' used she can still remember them! You can now marry your friend's daughter

lol the Donna's story is one the most nonsense part of this anime. A researcher somehow got herself brainwashed by everyday QA and the team somehow did not take notice about her mental health at all? Just because. Were they even researcher or just intern hired by the company?
LeonLanfordJan 19, 2019 11:25 AM
Jan 19, 2019 11:48 AM
Nov 2015
At least it got an ideal ending that I had hoped for (minus the unnecessary extra info near the end). Overall, the show was pretty meh, average at best.
Jan 29, 2019 5:31 AM

Feb 2018
It is not a easy series to watch. It was hard to understand but with enough focus it was cleared. It was a straightforward conclusion, it is one of the thing I liked about this. Well many may not like this because of lack of drama and action. It may have it flaws but I liked the concept and theme of the show. I am always craving for something new in anime and it felt different to me to some extent.

Score - 8/10
Feb 24, 2019 10:18 PM
Apr 2016
still looking for the name of the song that Yuri sang zzzzz
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2018

17 by Dekom »»
Mar 25, 1:06 PM

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

15 by Dekom »»
Mar 24, 5:47 PM

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

15 by Dekom »»
Mar 21, 6:29 PM

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

18 by Dekom »»
Mar 20, 5:53 PM

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2018

20 by Dekom »»
Mar 19, 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.