Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 13, 2018 10:59 AM

May 2011
It will start picking up again from next episode.
Roll them dices!
Oct 13, 2018 11:00 AM

Dec 2017
Tamikus said:
uninstallthegame said:

@miguitronik @tamikus

ah, yes, my bad. this wasn't in the manga of Goblin Slayer. it was in the Goblin Slayer: Side Story Year One chapter 1. it was more graphical and impactful than this

there's a lot more rape going on, but i'm not gonna show that. you can check it out yourselves, if you want
Since I read the LN im well aware what happens and of course in more detail >.>
Nevertheless we are talking about the Anime here and not the original source , There will be more things cut out for sure , i begin to wonder how they ( if they will ) will show the *meatschields* later , And i will bring up now Overlord here cuz the Anime is strong censored if they would let everything in to the full detail from the LN then the show would be 18+ ( Demiurges Happy Farm for one example ) So you can expect that Goblin Slayer will cut things out or Censor them since its a TV show after fall , and you can expect that most of the people are *anime only* So they will not give a damn about Goblin Slayer Manga or Light Novel

yeah, it's a shame because if they skip violent details behind censorship (i'm not even saying they HAVE TO show everything as it is, they COULD show them but in a different approach) the anime-only viewers lose the depth or motives behind the character, so he looks just like a dude that hates goblins
Oct 13, 2018 11:03 AM

May 2011
uninstallthegame said:
hold up, hold up

that kills all the reasoning of why he is that way. fucking hell, are they for real? that was weak

overall, if i went blind on this one, i would probably drop this for sure. the cgi is so funky looking

They will surely do a OVA about the Year One of Goblin Slayer where they go more in depth about his story.
Oct 13, 2018 11:09 AM

Dec 2017
neopriest said:
uninstallthegame said:
hold up, hold up

that kills all the reasoning of why he is that way. fucking hell, are they for real? that was weak

overall, if i went blind on this one, i would probably drop this for sure. the cgi is so funky looking

They will surely do a OVA about the Year One of Goblin Slayer where they go more in depth about his story.

yeah, i kinda doubt White Fox would do that. by the time ova comes out, imagine how many people will drop this shit

just to make it a bit clear
OCTOBER 9, after airing episode 1

Today, OCTOBER 13, statistics for today's episode still not counted

drop rate steadily grows with every day
May 2016
uninstallthegame said:
Tamikus said:
Since I read the LN im well aware what happens and of course in more detail >.>
Nevertheless we are talking about the Anime here and not the original source , There will be more things cut out for sure , i begin to wonder how they ( if they will ) will show the *meatschields* later , And i will bring up now Overlord here cuz the Anime is strong censored if they would let everything in to the full detail from the LN then the show would be 18+ ( Demiurges Happy Farm for one example ) So you can expect that Goblin Slayer will cut things out or Censor them since its a TV show after fall , and you can expect that most of the people are *anime only* So they will not give a damn about Goblin Slayer Manga or Light Novel

yeah, it's a shame because if they skip violent details behind censorship (i'm not even saying they HAVE TO show everything as it is, they COULD show them but in a different approach) the anime-only viewers lose the depth or motives behind the character, so he looks just like a dude that hates goblins
And because of that the Anime gets such a Shitstorm right now >.> Yes *anime onlys* lose much Depth with it but i cant force them to Read the Manga or Light Novel , and the Shitstorm will go on

Dec 2012
5/5
What a cutie Guild Girl:)
Oct 13, 2018 11:10 AM

Jul 2017
I feel like after all the hate on the amount of gore (which I still felt was nowhere enough), this felt a lot more safer and less enjoyable in that aspect.

Still, the episode itself was great and it's nice we got some teases on Goblin Slayer's past. Waiting to know that full story and his development with that soon.
Oct 13, 2018 11:14 AM

Jan 2017
Dunno about you guys but I am already in <3 with her

Dec 2014
ok so he was the childhood friend..hmmm there are so many other monsters but the focus is only on goblins...hmmm still nice

Mar 2016
This anime or should I say the whole series is well done when it comes to goblin logic, guild system, relevance of preparation and equipment, basic fantasy world building instead of isekai inspired style(gaming skills and overpowered characteristics) and even showing a troubadour. There's only few series out there that has the same writing style, like DanMachi and Sevens.
Oct 13, 2018 11:15 AM
Oct 2018
ah i thought best girl wouldn't show up yet.

but best girl showed up
Oct 13, 2018 11:23 AM

Mar 2018
The CGI is seriously getting on my nerve. Its like calling me to hate it. But, o'well thank god I read the manga beforehand.
Oct 13, 2018 11:27 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
uninstallthegame said:
Tokoya said:
Only a blind man wouldn't have realized that the situations he spoke of wasn't about himself and his childhood friend's village, stop reaching

um, i'm sorry to break it for you, but it is about him and his childhood friend. she realizes gs is him later on. and the village destruction was a flashback from his past, too
You're complaining that us the watcher wouldn't know what's going on right?

What I'm saying here is that its painfully obvious to us the watcher that what he said was pretty much what happened to him and their village so that whole point that you made later of "It not being impactful" is just insulting
Oct 13, 2018 11:27 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode that introduced a new girl while also allowing us to see the inner views of the slayer and where his hatred of goblins came from. The insight into how he's viewed by his fellows at the guild was also interesting. Shinkan seems to have become the moral part of the party. The interaction between Shinkan and GS was funny though. Being able to express your honest thoughts suits her better. Its good that we got some development for Shinkan, GS and guild girls characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2018 11:29 AM

Apr 2016
Aversa said:
So they did make some changes compared to the manga but nothing to bad it was a bit less cruel tho.
Anyway i don't really like the voice of the childhood friend i think a bit heavier voice would have been better.

I agree. She didn't sound her age at all.
Oct 13, 2018 11:29 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
kofmaster said:
Tokoya said:
I was gonna ask how it was in the LN because I know they had in the main manga series but like how you said, not as detailed

Is this adaptation still more or less just following the manga?

From what I've read, this adaptation focuses more on adapting the LN than the manga. But I still have not read the novel in order to confirm it... I will eventually.
Oh, okay that's good then since I've heard that the LN is better than the manga. I wanna read it myself but I really cba right now xD
Oct 13, 2018 11:31 AM

Apr 2016
As a dark fantasy fan, I really have high hopes for this show.

The opening song is captivating. Thr music was well executed as well. Only the cgi annoyed me. meh.
Oct 13, 2018 11:35 AM
Nov 2015
I had dropped this show last week but, after all the fuss its violence caused, I decided to give it another chance. And my opinion hasn't changed at all.

It is not that bad. But it just isn't good either. The first half of this episode was boring, and the pacing felt slow for the episode as a whole but the plot is ok.

I think I'll try the manga, since the anime doesn't show any potential to be better than average.
Oct 13, 2018 11:40 AM
a car

Jun 2017
So the opening sequence... GEE I WONDER IF THERE'S ANY D&D SYMBOLISM IN THIS SHOW! The song isn't bad though...

Seeing all these characters animated for the first time makes me resent them even more. Cow Girl... freakin' Cow Girl...

Draconix814 said:
I like how his perspective from his helmet is symbolic for his narrow goal to only hunt goblins and how he does it to constantly remind himself of the day the goblins tortured his sister-- as he saw it all happen through the narrow blinds. This man doesn't have any other purpose in life and isn't willing to look outside of it-- and I happen to think that alone is pretty genius.

That... I'll give props to the director for that. If only the rest of the characters had even 1% of a drop of substance as GS did... then the show and LN would be a lot better.
Natsuki_HyundaiOct 13, 2018 11:45 AM
Oct 13, 2018 11:44 AM

Nov 2011
I'd go ape shit too if they did that to my onee-san.
Hate Keeps me warm
Oct 13, 2018 11:54 AM
Apr 2018
Goblin slayin is FUN!
I like GS personnality: always answering in short sentences!
But his professionalism is worth noting.

Was that Unlimited Blade Works in the ED?

Also it makes me sad to see some peoples calling it a generic show with no depth...they should had read the synopsis and also the reviews of the manga/LN...
Manaarii_0Oct 13, 2018 9:34 PM
Oct 13, 2018 11:54 AM

Dec 2013
this. cow girl's uncle also gave that wtf face on the very next scene

Piromysl said:
I know he never takes his helmet off, but this is ridiculous.

Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 13, 2018 11:55 AM
Sep 2018
Yeah so they definitely heavily censored the scene of the 4-girls party adventurers. In the anime they just showed the aftermath scene with their naked corpses but the scene was just another way for the author to depict how vicious and smart goblins can be in this world and how easily a unprepared party can get wiped out in one fell swoop. They also left out Goblin Slayer fighting a few goblins before he uses the fire arrow to burn the huge tree the goblins resided to burn them all alive.

In Chapter 4 in the manga where this scene happened, Don't click if u hate seeing some depictions of goblin brutality!

CheezewhizOct 14, 2018 5:22 AM
Oct 13, 2018 11:56 AM

Feb 2014
I see there are more than one reason she is nicknamed "cow girl".
Oct 13, 2018 11:56 AM

Aug 2014
Punkero said:
I see there are more than one reason she is nicknamed "cow girl".

I think you saw at least two huge reasons. (?)
Oct 13, 2018 12:04 PM

May 2018
I wish this episode was more edgy just to trigger the snowflakes, oh well. At least we get to see cowgirl's thiccness, that alone is 5/5 no questions asked.
Oct 13, 2018 12:05 PM

Jul 2013
What are Guts and FSN Lancer doing in GS.

Also sure that minstrel at the end was voiced by Show Hayami.

No wonder Goblin Slayer hates goblins so much. Having to see how your siste is raped and killed in front of your eyes would made anyone crazy to kill those little shits.
Goblin Slayer's childhood friend is a cute. No wonder the series refers her as "Cow Girl" however ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

OP is nice, ED would be better with the wonky CGI.
IllyricusOct 13, 2018 12:08 PM
Oct 13, 2018 12:08 PM

Apr 2014
Lelouch0202 said:

Personally, I don't understand all the backlash this show is receiving, literally the first line of the episodes' say 'The show contains elements that viewers may find disturbing and that viewer discretion is advised',

Just to add more context, Crunchyroll just put that content warning like real recently (like a day or two ago).

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1050530602452054016
Oct 13, 2018 12:14 PM

Aug 2018
I didn't even notice the CG in the first episode but it was more obvious in this one. Not that it detracted from my enjoyment in any way though. A decent second episode, looks like this show will be 7/10 material, easy.
Oct 13, 2018 12:16 PM

Mar 2010
They copy-pasted the moons...

Now Watching

原神 : 800993232

SV-Mirage

Oct 13, 2018 12:17 PM

Mar 2018
BOOBS

that cow girl reminds me too much of jashin-chan dropkick

nice episode
Oct 13, 2018 12:23 PM

Mar 2014
i already pulled off my pants before watching this ep and then there was no rape scene.
0/10
Oct 13, 2018 12:41 PM
Jul 2016
I hate the overused "wow this episode felt like 5 mins" meme but this episode actually did pass by fast. I enjoyed this episode way more than the first. However i'm still skeptical if this show can keep it's premise interesting because let's be honest, slaying only goblins will get old.
Oct 13, 2018 12:44 PM

Aug 2017
Hmm...the directing were willing to show some glimpse of rape in the previous episode but this one where they were to be showing some backstory and all the reason goblin slayer hates goblin so much, the rape and killing of her sister, they went for almost censoring themselves, it makes the whole plot looks too convenient and now feels like you regular run of the mill rpg and gaves plenty of room for retractors to argue GS is just your generic fanservice fantasy seasonal show.

I know the light novel isnt as heavy with what is shown in the manga but the single factor that allow the whole story to justifies itself, it was just put down and it makes looks the purpose and struggle of goblin slayer devoid of meaning and merit. This is going to sounds harsh but they would have skipped all the other rapes and would not be of that important but this one, this one is the turning point.

No wonder there are also people that think the main character seems one dimensional and/or autist, when it's all about his sole revenge, his suffering but also his healing.

Btw I'm not angry just an opinion, I may be wrong anyways, the series hasnt finished yet to fully critizes it.
Oct 13, 2018 12:44 PM

Aug 2016
Good to see his backstory, so far this show seems to walking a tightrope.
Yes, it has dark themes and to be honest, when I watched the first episode, it made me think the whole rape aspect was to make the viewer hate goblins as much as the goblin slayer. I didn't think it was being gratuitous, but by bringing in a cow tits character this episode, it's not doing itself any favours.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Oct 13, 2018 12:48 PM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode overall.

Goblin Slayer continues only going after goblins. Interested to know what happened to him in his past experience.

Oct 13, 2018 12:53 PM

Dec 2017
papsoshea said:

Inukanura said:
this series got way too much uneccesary exposure because of the last ep. ya’ll realize this is just a goblin slayer killing goblin right, the next episode will be like this, and the next, and the next, and the next. the one who loves goblin slaying, stick with it.

I mean the people who defended this show this whole week were saying that the story has a lot more to offer, but this episode proved it. We basically seen the entire anime already, maybe the challenge get's bigger but it's the same thing. The main reason it got a big following, because the Manga/Light Novel readers hyped this to the moon and back and because of the controversy in episode one.

it’s natural for the fan to defend this, they stick long enough to the franchise, i can respect that.

i think the fans who defend this is kindly tells people to give this series a chance, at least a 3-episode-rule or something. people talk way too much on last week like they know everything in just 1st episode, the fans didn’t like that. no one in their right mind can judge the anime as a whole in just 1st ep, and i think everyone knows that.

and to be accused of this anime for condoning, sexualizing, and/or glorifying rape. the one who will get the backlash is the GS community. and as a fan, im sure they didnt want that, they want people to atleast understand the whole settings and background and stick with the series for a couple more ep, people like it or not is up to them, but at least the fans wants to clear things up.

last week commotion can get worse you know, it’s very sensitive cases, especially in the west, you don’t know what would happen if western media outlets get a hand on this. this will be like RapeLay video game cases all over again. that case strike hard.
Oct 13, 2018 12:54 PM

Jul 2016
writing as a i watch

that girl is sexy

did he just eat through his helmet? lol

the MC isn't completely insane, pretty good imo. he is clearly obsessed with killing goblins but he still feels human
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2018 12:55 PM

Feb 2012
Pretty good episode. I came for more goblin slaying and got more goblin slaying. I was expecting Goblin Slayer to have a fucked up past like that. Interested to see more of the elf archer at the end of the episode. Toss up between her and Guild girl being best girl atm but we'll see.
Oct 13, 2018 12:58 PM

Nov 2009
That was more of an intro episode than the first one, pretty decent though.
Mili did not disappoint with the OP, I loved both the song and the visuals. The ED is fine.
Oct 13, 2018 1:07 PM
May 2016
Who else thinks we will go over 900 on this one =?
Oct 13, 2018 1:11 PM
Aug 2015
Hmm, was kind of disappointed to learn the cliche, revenge motivation for the Goblin Slayer. It'd been nice if it was something different like he's doing it because he needs to make a living and slaying goblins is a shitty job that nobody else wants to do, meaning less competition for him.
Oct 13, 2018 1:13 PM

Jul 2016
Childhood friend grew a big future. yeah she's cute

Ep 1 - Underestimating goblins
Ep 2 - Underestimating Goblin slayer

Seems like GS past is showed somehow, and that's the reason for his constant hatred with the goblins.

GS monologuing showed his character more.

I'm glad to know more about their world and the characters, looking forward for the slayings next episode.

OP reminds me MythRoid songs. ED showed a UBW scene xD
Oct 13, 2018 1:22 PM

Jun 2017
I only watched episode 1 and well, the show is quite interesting although I can't stand rape scenes so...will that happen in more episodes too? (think there are a lot of manga viewers here)
"Gradually Watermelon"
Oct 13, 2018 1:23 PM

Jan 2011
eikichi00 said:
Hmm, was kind of disappointed to learn the cliche, revenge motivation for the Goblin Slayer. It'd been nice if it was something different like he's doing it because he needs to make a living and slaying goblins is a shitty job that nobody else wants to do, meaning less competition for him.
I guess if you twist it a certain way it could make for interesting character development. Like him slowly realizing how necessary his actions are for people survival.

YumiShinku said:
I only watched episode 1 and well, the show is quite interesting although I can't stand rape scenes so...will that happens in more episodes too? (think there are a lot of manga viewers here)
According to comments it may tune down in the next episode or two. I suspect it will be more implicit than absolute.
Oct 13, 2018 1:25 PM

Sep 2018
Pretty decent episode.

Only thing that's really throwing me off is the occasional CGI render. It looks really janky, and makes no sense when it switches back to the normal animation about a second after the fact.
♪ MAL card collector and anime challenge enjoyer
♫ My alignment is Chaotic Stupid™

Anime Challenges
Card Collection
DELIVER HERE!
Oct 13, 2018 1:27 PM

Aug 2016
Needs more goblin slaying. The opening is really fitting though.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Oct 13, 2018 1:33 PM

Jul 2012
Childhood friend with Index voice ... That seemed quite strange. Not a fan of both OP and ED.
Other than that pretty decent, didn't think that already new characters will appear next time.
Still the biggest concern for me is that it will be 12 episodes which was to be expected. And therefore it will be just stop abruptly somewhere so the season will feel only pointless.
Oct 13, 2018 1:37 PM

Jun 2008
Tokoya said:
kofmaster said:

That scene is from the main story too, just not so detailed as the prequel one
I was gonna ask how it was in the LN because I know they had in the main manga series but like how you said, not as detailed

Is this adaptation still more or less just following the manga?

In the LN, that scene has exactly 6 lines in the english version.

I don't know why people talk about the manga when the manga is an adaptation.
SSTHZeroOct 13, 2018 3:24 PM
Oct 13, 2018 2:01 PM

Apr 2015
Childhood friend gets introduced and she's quite the stunner and grew up nicely too!

Receptionist is fully into Goblin Slayer.

This episode was quite good as we got to see Goblin Slayer's motivation to exterminate all of them. That Childhood friend was lucky she went to the city that day. Episode seemed a lot less "controversy", but atleast we got that warning at the start of the episode.

DivineTrinity said:
What a good episode. I was hoping the GS would have time to tackle all three quests but I guess you cant do it all. I guess he narrated his own past and his childhood friend only avoided it cause she went to the city that day? I'm amazed she turn out okay.

Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode.

Personally, I don't understand all the backlash this show is receiving, literally the first line of the episodes' say 'The show contains elements that viewers may find disturbing and that viewer discretion is advised', if you can't stand the stuff then just don't watch it. I'm pretty sure that's what that line means.

That was not there the first episode. Crunchyroll just two days tweeted they would be adding the warning disclaimer for the episodes now.

I had the feeling that the line wasn't there in the first episode, but I didn't remember. Guess I was right after all. Either way it was still to be expected that this was gonna be dark af.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

993 by Raphkial »»
Yesterday, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2018

197 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 10, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.