3It was OK
11.2%
2Disliked it
2.3%
1Hated it
1.8%
Average 4.4
780 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 13, 2018 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, it kinda feels this show is taking its time on world building this episode.

There's still the character interaction between Kirito and Eugeo who seems to be getting along well. Wasn't really impressed by the first half of the episode tbh. It seems the season is really investing time into Eugeo's character already.

Kirito hasn't changed much yet but that doesn't surprise me much.
Oct 13, 2018 8:26 AM

Nov 2007
After the attack, Kirito guy's in the game world again, but the difference is he cannot use game menu.

This time Eugeo guy doesn't know him. When he said he doesn't know how he ended up, Eugeo guy mentioning if he was trapped by devils.

He's kind enough, but cannot bring him to the village now.

With him doing "S", he realized how to get the menu out.

So that abduction still happened, except it happened only two of them.

First time trying to cut the hard tree again.

The guard somehow looking down on them, Kirito guy showing his sword skill.

Staying in monastery.

Showing a girl in a tower at the end.

I like the ED, too.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 13, 2018 8:38 AM

Apr 2015
Contrary to what OP says I'm extremely glad they're taking their time. They have 50-ish episodes to work with so rushing at this point would just hurt everything afterwards. Overall there are so many director decisions that I really like.

First off

Secondly, they are finally including internal monologues for Kirito! Never thought I'd see this tbh. A vital part of what makes Kirito's character click overall but especially in this arc are his internal thoughts. Seeing how well they implement them is just amazing to see, thanks Ono.

The shot composition & storyboarding was excellent. Didn't think you could utilize so many different angles and perspectives by simply sitting/standing at a tree.

The few action shots we had were awesome too. Seems to be way more focused on perspective changes & technicalities ( footwork etc. ) than in previous iterations. The sfx is clearly from Ordinal Scale which I love. It always had this immense impact.

The pacing like I said is slow but necessarily so. Alicization has a buttload of world building that is explored step by step. Interrupting this through rushing parts especially the start is just self destructive. So I'm glad they're taking their sweet time.
Oct 13, 2018 10:06 AM

Apr 2014
I am pretty sure I am one of those people asking what just happened? I know a little about the Underworld here and there. But seeing our boy Kirito ended up in there without much explanation is going to be having questions thrown in right away. That aside, the world building here and there seems really nice. Just a simple start, but it is getting there.
Oct 13, 2018 10:28 AM

Jul 2017
Damn I really like the narrative aspect that they're doing for this show, the visuals of the Underworld are pleasing as well

Administrator (girl at the end) looking fine af ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

alphazero4um said:
I am pretty sure I am one of those people asking what just happened? I know a little about the Underworld here and there. But seeing our boy Kirito ended up in there without much explanation is going to be having questions thrown in right away. That aside, the world building here and there seems really nice. Just a simple start, but it is getting there.

It's going to be explained what happened later (or at least it should be) but in case you're curious

And for those wondering if Asuna is ever going to make an appearance in the Underworld

Short_CircutOct 13, 2018 10:36 AM
Oct 13, 2018 10:29 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So Kirito was brought to underworld as a result of his injuries. Eugeo still has that sacred task it seems. Looks like the events that led to Alice's fate wasn't a dream. The gigas cedar really lives up to its name but despite the task before him its nice that Eugeo isn't daunted at all. Zink's face after Kirito showed his skills was priceless. An excellent episode that while slow placed was one that focused on the gradual building of underworld and its residents something that i really appreciate. Underworld so far looks quite intriguing and quite stunning as well. As long as they maintain this balance things should be fine.
ShingsterOct 13, 2018 10:36 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2018 10:29 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Production continues to be really good, looks like the first episode wasn't just for show. This looks better and better.

The Underworld is very intriguing, I'm quite interested if Eugeo is just a product of Kirito's own let's say imagination i.e. the Artificial Fluctlight he mentioned or if he's actually a real person.

Lot of questions about the Underworld, I'm glad they're taking the time to set things up and hopefully all the questions will be answered in due time in a way that makes sense.

I'm curious as to how Kirito kept his memories from the real world and how Eugeo has forgotten Kirito. Wonder what happened to Alice as well so let's see.

The sword slash was pretty cool, like I said it looks like the production value for this is pretty high and let's hope they continue it.
Wonder who the girl at the end is. :o

Looking forward to more next week.
Oct 13, 2018 10:31 AM

May 2015
welp this is going to be slow XD

tfw must be weird to see the girl in the bed at this pont if you havent read it
Oct 13, 2018 10:31 AM
Dec 2011
Such an amazing episode!!! I'm glad it's focused a bit more on Eugeo since I've no idea who he really is, haven't read the light novels. Awesomness!!!!
Oct 13, 2018 10:32 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
alphazero4um said:

That will be explained as the series goes on. The source material alternates between the modern world and underworld and this will likely be the same here as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2018 10:36 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
What i like so far is that we are in the same boat as Kirito, we don't have a clear idea where he is in and we are figuring it out together with him.

Kirito still has a bit muscle memory, look at how he wanted to turn off the lamp :D

First of all, he needs to gather experience and money to go on a journey.
Oct 13, 2018 10:36 AM

Oct 2016
okay, I'm really happy with how they adapted the books.

The music direction and the directing itself were really a step up from the original series and whatever A1's done before. I also liked the instances of show not tell for small bits.

That little scene was Jink and sword skills was a nice treat. Selka is so underrated even among ln readers, because god, look at her! She's so cute and kind! Please shower her with love especially after alice's return.

I loved the simple foreshadowing-- stuff like the old lady giving the boys an apple, or eugeo talking about the 300 years past that make Kirito's deductions more plausible at the end. Details that seem unimportant form a conclusion, not just conclusions out of nowhere.

The tiny touches of realism were just so satisfying. Figuring out the light switch, Kirito smiling after being challenged, Eugeo's head tilt... This is how anime should be. Immersive.

Lastly, I loved how the ending focused on Eugeo. Throughout the episode I just wanted to hug him. How can you love someone even more than before??

I have high hopes for the rest of Alicization! This slow-burn worldbuilding may not be for everyone, but I think they're doing a great job with it. It's very faithful to the source but elevates it even more. Looking forward to the next episode--from the looks of it, it's going to be about the goblins. Fun stuff. :)
mmchanOct 13, 2018 10:43 AM
Oct 13, 2018 10:43 AM

Jan 2018
Good episode and I'm actually glad that they're taking their time on Eugeo and with the world building. I hope this quality keeps up.
Oct 13, 2018 10:46 AM

Apr 2015
mmchan said:
okay, I'm really happy with how they adapted the books.

The music direction and the directing itself were really a step up from the original series and whatever A1's done before. I also liked the instances of show not tell for small bits

That little scene was Jink and sword skills was a nice treat. Selka is so underrated even among ln readers, because god, look at her! She's so cute and kind! Please shower her with love

I loved the simple foreshadowing-- stuff like the old lady giving the boys an apple, or eugeo talking about the 300 years past that make Kirito's deductions more plausible at the end. Details that seem unimportant form a conclusion, not just conclusions out of nowhere.

The tiny touches of realism were just so satisfying. Figuring out the light switch, Kirito smiling after being challenged, Eugeo's head tilt... This is how anime should be. Immersive.

Lastly, I loved how the ending focused on Eugeo. Throughout the episode I just wanted to hug him. How can you love someone even more than before??

I have high hopes for the rest of Alicization! This slow-burn worldbuilding may not be for everyone, but I think they're doing a great job with it. It's very faithful to the source but elevates it even more. Looking forward to the next episode--from the looks of it, it's going to be about the goblins. Fun stuff. :)

Exactly my thoughts. Not only does this arc already benefit from its length in the novels but Ono really seems to know how to handle the pacing. I really feels like one big adventure that we are allowed to follow and not only as bystanders, we even get to dive into Kirito's characters by hearing his internal monologues.

Short_Circut said:

It's going to be explained what happened later (or at least it should be) but in case you're curious

Pretty much. The details about that are
Oct 13, 2018 10:49 AM

Jul 2017
Really good episode. I'm genuinely surprised that this has been good so far, considering how bad season 2 was and how mediocre season 1 was.

The pacing feels slow but natural, and the world building showcased was quite good. It felt like a legitimate world and the vibes feel different from its previous seasons.

I like the pacing for this since even the original SAO arc whilst good, was super rushed so the world building wasn't as effective as the signs I'm getting from this show.

Oct 13, 2018 11:17 AM

Mar 2016
I am liking it.

There are some things that don't make sense and Kirito is pointing them all out himself, so I know they're not plot holes and that they'll be explained later.

This world is kind of interesting. Maybe, I just like the fact that Kirito isn't growing his harem, and actually making a friend. Unless, he's growing a bisexual harem now, which would make me feel quite conflicted.

The episode felt too short. How odd. I never thought I'd say that about SAO.

I said this the last time too, but blond Kirito is cute!! (I don't like his actual name, so I will use this name for a while!)
Oct 13, 2018 11:17 AM

Nov 2011
Horray, they kept Kirito's monologue. You can see he is just as confused as we are . This adaption is setting up to be great one.

Slowly, you'll see how Underworld is different from VRMMO. These characters are not playing game, they are living.

I didn't realize how much Selka look like Alice while reading the LN. So adorable, gimme back my Alice!

Episode feel so short, why can't every episode be one hour?!

that ED though, don't you feel bad for Eugeo? Blaming himself for Alice being taken away and his two childhood friends disappeared (and he have to chop tree that ain't going down in his lifetime), he only remember Alice and shota Kirito is forgotten.

Oct 13, 2018 11:19 AM

Jun 2014
I like the pacing of the show so far, and how they're taking their time building things up instead of rushing to jump straight into the action. Hopefully things will stay this way, it would suck for the show to start well but then fall flat on its face later.

Also, the OP and ED are great as always.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 13, 2018 11:20 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Okay, I'm very curious to find out what's the deal with this Selka girl because she's a dead ringer for Alice....That cannot be a coincidence lol

Other than that, the first half was pretty decent albeit me being a tad bit bummed out that neither Kirito nor Eugeo remembers each other and Alice however the interactions between those two is still fun to see (Eugeo is just great right now imo)

Looks like Kirito's sword skills transferred over which isn't a surprise since they can't have him completely powerless lol, but I'm more intrigued by that little theory that Kirito came up with about Eugeo

The OP had me wondering why they showed that baby but if they actually like copied them into this thing, that's some crazy stuff right there O_O I hope we get to learn more about that soon

Good ep overall though, really digging how gradual the pacing and explanations are (AND I STILL CANNOT GET OVER HOW GREAT THE VISUALS ARE!!!!!!!!!!!)
Oct 13, 2018 11:30 AM

Jul 2016
So they made the viewers confused like Kirito.

I like how they handled Eugeo sad behavior here, he blames himself for what happened to Alice.

Jink, never seen you in the LN visually, though your cockiness is on point.

Nice we're already getting eerie Kajiura ost at the end.

I love that how much focused Eugeo is in ED to show his very relevance to the show.
cronoSpirAOct 13, 2018 11:35 AM
Oct 13, 2018 11:31 AM
Jan 2018
alphazero4um said:

they probably moved how he ended up there till later
Oct 13, 2018 11:33 AM

Jun 2016
Best boy gets his own ending, SWEET.
Talking about the ep, i really wanted them to put a certain scene before the opening but they did not.. asdfg maybe they'll show it later somehow, idk~ That aside, the episode was beautiful.
Oct 13, 2018 11:36 AM

Jun 2016
I love this arc so far. Haven't read the novel but apparently it is correctly adapted so it is good !

I have so many questions, but the one that bothers me the most is why Eugeo forgot about Kirito ? Is it because of the thing that happened to his eyes? Well, we'll see.
Oct 13, 2018 11:36 AM
Jan 2018
Tokoya said:
Okay, I'm very curious to find out what's the deal with this Selka girl because she's a dead ringer for Alice....That cannot be a coincidence lol

Other than that, the first half was pretty decent albeit me being a tad bit bummed out that neither Kirito nor Eugeo remembers each other and Alice however the interactions between those two is still fun to see (Eugeo is just great right now imo)

Looks like Kirito's sword skills transferred over which isn't a surprise since they can't have him completely powerless lol, but I'm more intrigued by that little theory that Kirito came up with about Eugeo

The OP had me wondering why they showed that baby but if they actually like copied them into this thing, that's some crazy stuff right there O_O I hope we get to learn more about that soon

Good ep overall though, really digging how gradual the pacing and explanations are (AND I STILL CANNOT GET OVER HOW GREAT THE VISUALS ARE!!!!!!!!!!!)

doubt his sword skills got transferred over at all , this world seems complete different and so far no levels or skill trees , at a glance i guess he manged to do the skill due to knowledge of how to activate them. and seems not everyone can do a sword skill
Oct 13, 2018 11:41 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Mattinator95 said:
Tokoya said:

doubt his sword skills got transferred over at all , this world seems complete different and so far no levels or skill trees , at a glance i guess he manged to do the skill due to knowledge of how to activate them. and seems not everyone can do a sword skill
If they didn't then I'd love it either way....It'd be pretty fun if he had to level up again in that department too
Oct 13, 2018 11:45 AM
Jan 2018
Tokoya said:
Mattinator95 said:

If they didn't then I'd love it either way....It'd be pretty fun if he had to level up again in that department too

thats if there is even a level system to use , i cant put my finger on it but isnt there a series where people use sword skills but not due to level or skill tree but imagination of sorts or the knowledge on how to use one, so far in SAO a sword skill is normally connected to your level and skill tree for that weapon , this world might not be that case
Oct 13, 2018 11:49 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, this was confusing.
He was sent to that world after being "killed" in the first episode.
At least he still has his sword skills.
Oct 13, 2018 11:49 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode. It felt really slow but that's not necessarily bad though. So, Kirito somehow ended up in the Underworld after passing out in the street. This world and characters seems to be much more real than a regular videogame with an virtual world and NPCs. Eugeo as I expected is an interesting fella.
Oct 13, 2018 12:02 PM
Sep 2016
Just to clear something up cause my little time in the anime community has taught me a thing or two about how people love their mega fast paced action fests then complain about wasted potential and poor world building (which is one of the criticisms raised towards SAO's anime)
The creator said that this time he wanted it to be a good adaptation and set up the world properly (apparently he didn't have much involvement in the adaptation prior so he wants it to turn out well this time) so he gave a heads up that it would move slower to ensure the execution's done well this time and asked the fans (clearly aware of the audience this series attracts) to bear with the vision...and personally I feel like they're doing a great job with this so far (The people working on this this time are obviously not playing deaf to earlier criticism despite the series' success.. I appreciate that).
I'm one of those people who prefers a well laid out story that takes its time to present a complete narrative rather than a rushed mess of an adaptation. Mega thumbs up to the team working on this

Now personal opinion on the ep.. Good.. Natural character interactions with well written introductions to characters (aka no name tags..hallelujah...that's lazy), FREAKING WORLD BUILDING..do that more geez (is this an SAO anime? lol),nuances in character reactions during interactions that don't make them look like blocks of talking wood, a tinge of mystery setup, rules with certain mechanics shown rather than explained..naturally, Kirito having his inner monologue intact this time so his psychology and thought process are clearer (this caused a lot of issues with the depiction of his character in the first season)...Eugeo, thank you for not feeling bland sincerely .(to me at least)...and the world feels..how do I put it?..alive? . Wish I could go scene by scene on what I feel was done well in this but there's no time to do that and this post is rushed so I'm sure it doesn't feel coherent.
(If I spend too much time here, I lose too much time IRL lol)

TLDR: Good episode, enjoyed it. Good adaptation
I see a lot of people feeling like "it's boriiiing..where are the fights aaarrggh" in the near future...oh God

Great...now I'll be called a fanboy

PS: Let's utilise this blessing of a period where Goblin Slayer's taking the rage away from SAO's direction for some levelheaded constructive discussion for once..please
(and always remember to carry your popcorn when headed to Goblin slayer discussions lol)

Excuse me while I go back to saying it's trash to avoid backlash
JudoJDOct 13, 2018 1:37 PM
1.1.Six
Oct 13, 2018 12:02 PM

Oct 2013
Underworld feels more like an actual living world than a setting made for the purpose of games. The people feel more alive since they're not NPCs unlike before. The worldbuilding feels natural and the viewers are as confused as Kirito since we're now in an unfamiliar world with no knowledge of what's happening. So far the adaptation has been on point. It's good that they include a lot of Kirito's monologues unlike in the first 2 seasons. It gives him more of a character.

Surprised that they showed the tall tower and the woman sleeping this early on.

I still can't get enough of the visuals. They look so fucking good. I hope they can be consistent with this. And best boi Eugeo getting his own ED and seeing how lonely he looks is pretty sad to see.
-Riptide-Oct 13, 2018 12:26 PM
Oct 13, 2018 12:03 PM

Nov 2008

AND KIRITO WAS LIKE, "I'LL SHOW YOU, TREE!!!"

AND THEN THE TREE WAS LIKE "F*CK YOU, BITCH!!" AND THEN EUGEO WAS LIKE
"DAMN, I SHOULDA BROUGHT POPCORN."
ChiibiOct 13, 2018 12:10 PM

Oct 13, 2018 12:04 PM
Jan 2018
Ulquiorra said:
Wow, this was confusing.
He was sent to that world after being "killed" in the first episode.
At least he still has his sword skills.

i think its more to of knowing how to activate a sword skill then actually having them , he imagined how he would normally use a sword skill its probably the reason why it worked
Oct 13, 2018 12:14 PM
May 2018
I like the pace. I don't mind if they take their time explaining the world. I would really love a 40- 50 episode season. Anyway for now this season seems to be in the right track. Hope they can hold till the end.
Loved the OP!!!! Animation was really cool.
Oct 13, 2018 12:26 PM

Dec 2011
I'm loving this a lot so far.
For i though Kirito would cut that tree in just one swing but glad he didn't xD
Oct 13, 2018 12:49 PM

Aug 2016
Fairly nice pacing currently. Really enjoying and awaiting the next episodes. Show still looks great, it dawns unto to me that SAO was already 7 years ago and this looks way better.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Oct 13, 2018 12:58 PM
Oct 2012
I've got to admit, normally I give the SAO anime adoption a lot of shit for not being anywhere as good as novel.

but this Season 3 looking very good ! they actually show us Kirito's inner monologue.
something that they Skip the whole last 2 season, which made kirito's character look too dull and bland !

I was almost 100% satisfied with this Ep2. as uneventful as it was, it's doing the job right by correct worldbuilding and story development.
seems the new director know what he is doing !
Oct 13, 2018 1:22 PM

Jun 2010
So, I might be getting my series of events mixed up, but did they cut the RATH sequence all together, or is that later down the line? I was kind of looking forward to that this week, but we went straight back into Underworld instead.
Oct 13, 2018 1:27 PM

Aug 2013
A great episode overall. Loved it.

Kirito was kinda cool using that sword skill. Seems like he lost his sword skills and needs to start from the beginning.

It's a shame that both have forgotten about each other.

Oct 13, 2018 1:30 PM
Jan 2018
I'm glad SAO is taking its time to have a proper worldbuilding part, which was one of the major issues of the first 2 seaons, so far so good, its following the light novel quite well.
Oct 13, 2018 1:39 PM

Mar 2016
I'm honestly okay with the world-building...I mean, considering it's 50 or so episodes long, there's quite a bit of stuff needed to be covered...and even then, it's inevitable that some content will be rushed or skipped.
Oct 13, 2018 1:51 PM
Feb 2018
This is the most excited i've been about SAO since the first arc long ago. It was actually one of the first shows that got me into anime, if you can believe it (of course you can).

I love the character interactions, the narrations by kirito and the visuals as well as the world building.

I'm really excited for the rest of the season.
Can't wait for next week's episode.
Oct 13, 2018 2:24 PM
Sep 2018
The music for the naked girl in the tower was beautiful, made me shed tears.
Oct 13, 2018 2:28 PM

Mar 2016
Pretty good episode. Enjoyed it.
Best combi LiSA and Aoi for OP & ED.
Oct 13, 2018 2:58 PM
Mar 2018
Second episode and we already saw a naked girl in the bed. Sasuga SAO
Oct 13, 2018 2:59 PM

May 2016
Alright, I admit it. I'm invested in this show even though I still don't like Kirito. Maybe in this season he'll finally grow up. That being said, why the hell couldn't the first two seasons have this kind of adaptation?! At least A-1 learned from their mistakes and are actually taking their time with this.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Oct 13, 2018 3:07 PM

Jan 2017
I can never say what I expect from this anime as it is an anime so lauded and panned at the same time. But hey, SAO being SAO I find myself being part of those with praise, even whilst it remains an anime plagued with the overriding sense of being all "part of a dream;" season one we had this theme of it being a death game, and season two attempted maintain this theme... But where does this season head for us?
Yet, with all of this, I still wanna know!

The only thing that annoyed me about this episode is the fact that Kirito still managed to be a swordsman; applying previous knowledge, I put it down as an assumption to his actual sword skills -but maybe, but maybe, couldn't the game make it a little harder for him to become.
That's probably me just nitpicking though... Can't wait for next week; I just want to get into it and into the fights that I love so much.
Oct 13, 2018 3:14 PM

Apr 2015
Production values are still high, which is very good to see. I like how mysterious this Underworld Arc is. Especially the part of what happened to Kirito in real life.

So Alice did get taken away, however it has been many years ago in this world. Kirito seems to recall both Eugeo and Alice by hearing their names, but cant really place it.

World building is strong in this episode and I bet there's a lot more to come. Hype!

That girl at the end though... she's fine!
Oct 13, 2018 3:16 PM

Apr 2015
DirectorK said:
Alright, I admit it. I'm invested in this show even though I still don't like Kirito. Maybe in this season he'll finally grow up. That being said, why the hell couldn't the first two seasons have this kind of adaptation?! At least A-1 learned from their mistakes and are actually taking their time with this.

First off, the director changed.
Secondly it's the first arc with a proper length to even make a pacing of that kind happen. All other arcs had like 2 Volumes at max whereas this is clocking in with like 10. It simply invites a far more slower and detailed approach because the source material allows it.

neonie said:
So, I might be getting my series of events mixed up, but did they cut the RATH sequence all together, or is that later down the line? I was kind of looking forward to that this week, but we went straight back into Underworld instead.

If you mean with "RATH sequence"
Oct 13, 2018 3:21 PM

May 2017
Wow!! im actually impressed at how much i enjoyed this episode..

The Art, the animation, the colors, the soundtrack, the world building. Everything is so well made. I love it.

Loving the characters so far Eugeo and now Selka.

So far this seems like a very good adaption by A-1 Pictures. I really really really hope that this level of production continues.

One little issue would be the action sound effects.. They sometimes are a little bit distorted just like what they did in Ordinal Scale and Apocrypha.. It was ridiculously bad in Apocrypha, but so far its manageable in Alicization, the beautiful Art and Soundtrack make up for it.

Very much looking forward to next episode.. I would love to binge this right now not gonna lie.
Oct 13, 2018 3:36 PM
Jun 2014
I wasn't expecting too much from this season, to be honest, seeing how the previous two went and I have to say I'm actually delighted! Alicization is my favourite arc by far so I was surprised by the great start the anime had. I'm having my hopes up for things being done right.

The animation and visuals are incredible and I hope they can keep them up. I love how best boy Eugeo got and ending for himself and it seems that they will take their time exploring the characters and the world, which couldn't please me more.

Also, my major highlight, as many people already commented is:
Kirito's
f**cking
inner
monologues

FINALLY. The fact that they didn't show Kirito's thoughts and feelings were the biggest draw back for me the previous seasons. I hope they can do the same with Eugeo, as both characters have so much to offer in this arc, especially the relationship they have with each other.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.