Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2018 5:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think this was a neat episode with a lot of potential.

We got mostly Nanami and Yuu doing the storytelling with their characters. There's definitely some character bonding with the hands holding and talking. Yuu refers Nanami as a senpai so there's also a good amount of respect there.

The animation quality impresses me so far with the atmospheric setting and vibrant coloring. I think even the music works well so far for the show too. (even the ED theme song)
Stark700Oct 5, 2018 6:53 AM
Oct 5, 2018 7:31 AM

Feb 2010
The art of the character is better than expected, was a bit worry while seeing the trailer...

...and so many view from first-person.

...a short scene after ED to create cliffhanger, will they maintain this structure in every episode?
YangbojianOct 5, 2018 7:36 AM
Oct 5, 2018 7:33 AM

May 2009
Funny how rating went from over 9.1 before episode aired to 7,75 now.
Oct 5, 2018 7:55 AM

Apr 2016
Eh, i mean okay.

But i bet that every girl in this school is in love with every other girl in this school, just like in Citrus lol.
Oct 5, 2018 7:56 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This guy waited a WHOLE MONTH for a answer....i feel bad for the man, it seems like he took it like a champ though when he got rejected. I hope to meet this guy here, seems like a good lad.

Good start. A normal yuri for once without dumb drama.
Oct 5, 2018 8:00 AM

Apr 2017
So far everything seems good. Though I've only watched the raw version at this point, it was pleasing to look at all the vibrant colors mix together. The animation was well-done, the music was nice and fit the mood, and the character's voices fit their character nicely. Probably one of the things that stood out to me the most was the student council room, in which the wooden floor and furniture stood out quite well.
Oct 5, 2018 8:06 AM
Sep 2017
Nice first episode. Hope people don’t downrate it just because it’s yuri.
Oct 5, 2018 8:13 AM

Oct 2009
Hate that it's on Hidive. Guess I will find some way to watch it.
Oct 5, 2018 8:21 AM

Apr 2016
Kerouall said:
Nice first episode. Hope people don’t downrate it just because it’s yuri.

Hope people don't overrate it just because it's yuri.
Oct 5, 2018 8:26 AM
Nov 2016
The episode was okay. But how can this senpai fall so fast in love and then immediatly confess? lol
I don't like it when characters fall in love after they've only seen each other maybe two times .____.
Oct 5, 2018 8:28 AM

Oct 2017
The first episode was just fine... Hope it gets better.
Oct 5, 2018 8:29 AM

Mar 2016
The first person camera movement was creepy. It felt like it belonged in a horror story.

The way the relationship was really cute and innocent.

The protagonist didn't feel anything for guys, even though she wanted to love. That made her think of herself as a strange person. Since I am gay, I can definitely relate to that feeling.

I love that this anime has a lot of guys too. Homosexuals aren't homosexuals because there aren't enough people of the opposite sex around them. We can love people of the opposite sex, but can't feel any attraction!

So far, I really like this. Please don't turn out like Citrus!!!
Oct 5, 2018 8:40 AM

Nov 2016
WE'VE BEEN BLESSED.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2018 8:48 AM

Oct 2016
i'm so highly impressed with the animation. this is movie tier budget production. the 1st person view looks hella smooth and natural despite uncommonly used.

this is one of my fav shojo ai. its not your typical romance. it'll dive deep into complicated feelings. so i assure you guys it keeps getting better. btw, its more to SHOJO AI, not YURI and almost no fanservice. eventho its shojo ai, the plot is just so good. well, my opinion tho, after reading hella lots of shojo ai manga.

if it'll end at the part i think it will, i'll most probably cry. it will slowly buildup the tension for the finale. i dont think i've ever got heartbroken by a shojo ai series. yeah, the characters are solid!

dont even think of dropping midway, guys
LithianicOct 5, 2018 9:04 AM
Oct 5, 2018 9:00 AM

Dec 2015
I guess this was a good enough episode. Better than I expected for certain. Hopefully, TROYCA can manage to keep the anime consistently entertaining/engaging since the whole romance thing in the manga is quite a slow burn.

Swagernator said:
But i bet that every girl in this school is in love with every other girl in this school, just like in Citrus lol.
You just lost your bet.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 5, 2018 9:27 AM
Dec 2009
when I hear their voice, i have a glimpse of Utopia where Asuka-senpai and Kumiko being together. I hope this will be a good show. A pretty nice start, and a fast storytelling
Oct 5, 2018 9:28 AM

Feb 2016
Oh boy, I think I'll love this one. For some reason I feel really attached to Koito, I think she might be the closest thing of how relatable a character is to me.

The animation felt great, and everything look smooth, I really hope it doesn't disappoint.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 5, 2018 9:37 AM

Mar 2018
YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Finally some good fucking yuri after Citrus.
Oct 5, 2018 9:39 AM

Dec 2015
A pretty good first episode. Everything is on point. As a fan of the manga, I cannot be any happier.

I loved the direction of this episode. The first-person shots were a new experience for me, but I liked them. The music also worked perfectly.

Excited for more. 5/5

Oct 5, 2018 9:43 AM
Mar 2018
Well, it's yuri for the win
Oct 5, 2018 9:47 AM

Apr 2018
Why didn't the netsuzou trap manga (which is better than this and citrus) get this treatment :/

The episode was decent i guess but the "feelings" were pretty rushed
The girls aren't that good looking too
Oct 5, 2018 9:54 AM
Jan 2018
Swagernator said:
Eh, i mean okay.

well no because citrus was a all girls school
Oct 5, 2018 9:56 AM

Dec 2015
It's even more beautiful than I imagine. I love it so much.
Oct 5, 2018 10:02 AM

Oct 2016
Decent first episode.

First person shots felt a bit odd. Interesting idea but character/camera movement was too unnatural so it was a bit distracting. Otherwise animation was good. I really liked the color palette and how they used it to create different atmospheres.

I must say that their uniforms are quite unique. Very interesting design. Both girl leads are cute. I think that's the most important thing in a yuri anime lol. Well, that and good romance/storytelling (I'm looking at you Citrus).

I hope this will remain as good next week.
Oct 5, 2018 10:02 AM
Feb 2016
This only looks beautiful. Everything else is too meh. Instead of showing how it looks with such a boring metaphor, I would prefer a distancing sound while slowly pulling away to show how distanced she feels from everyone. It feels like all that effort was placed in the wrong moments. 6/10 for now.
Oct 5, 2018 10:15 AM
Nov 2016
I really enjoyed this a lot, for sure going to keep up with this one. Also, that art is GORGEOUS!!
Oct 5, 2018 10:34 AM

Jul 2017
Really great first episode. The characters already have an interesting vibe and charm to them, especially Nanami, and the animation looked great.

Hopefully, we truly get a good yuri anime this time, since this has potential to be something special.
Oct 5, 2018 10:41 AM
Mar 2017
Finally!!
This first episode was very beautiful, the character design, the atmosphere, the music and the narrative, TROYCA, I take my hat off and I congratulate you for the incredible work you did in this adaptation.
Since they announced this adaptation I look forward to it and I'm not disappointed, Yuu and Touko look amazing, Yuu makes you want to hug her as how adorable she looks and Touko, WOW that scene with the introduction of her in front of the student council was beautiful, well she is beautiful, they also present Sayaka and I loved her design, especially her voice.
The art looks amazing, the color palette is spectacular as how everything flows naturally, I loved the narrative, I liked the narrations from the perspective of Yuu, it was quite solid the way in which her feelings were narrated.
Being honest, the Voice actress who worked on this anime have made the voices of several of my favorite female characters, so I will really enjoy this anime.
Anyway, 10/10 for this first episode and I'll keep thinking like that, because the original material is very good and TROYCA already showed that it has a very good team of porduccion and quality staff.
Oct 5, 2018 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
The first episode was quite enjoyable, tho I didn't quite get Yuu's character until mid episode.
The animation seemed nice, and the characters were rather interesting, I enjoyed how Nanami suddenly changed in that moment, I wasn't quite expecting it to happen so soon. This said, Yuu's reaction was amazing, I like that almost 3rd person insight in what is happening, really makes the show more enjoyable.
Oct 5, 2018 10:51 AM

Dec 2014
Thank you Troyka __o__
Oct 5, 2018 10:59 AM
Aug 2015
I wonder how many chapters this 13 episode anime is going to cover I have the first 5 volumes I hope that it will cover all 5 volumes it is like 28 chapters
Oct 5, 2018 11:01 AM
Sep 2016
Just an FYI: This was the third most requested series to recieve an anime adaptation at AnimeJapan so lol...no pressure hehe

Only one complaint...which is a worry I've had since the trailers dropped...the backgrounds' lighting is horrible for most of it...way too bright...makes some scenes hard to look at. It also gets in the way of the animation (Hell... They even didn't use an obviously looking CG crowd wow...still using excessively bright light to allow yourself to get lazy with backgrounds is nothing praiseworthy)
Cool with everything else...hopefully the story and characters can "outshine" the problems with the lighting
Come on TROYCA can nail lighting..They did a spectacular job with re:creators (maybe it's budget issues? IDK)

Looks like I'm complaining excessively over one thing (it matters to me) but besides that I really enjoyed the episode...the characters in particular
Also the art looks way better in motion than I expected from the trailers
(yet to read the manga so idk if they nailed it...besides the lighting of course)
JudoJDOct 5, 2018 11:08 AM
1.1.Six
Oct 5, 2018 11:23 AM

May 2014
She started to fall in love really fast, but i guess that's standard fare with yuri. I really liked it though, it has a good feel to it. The animation is nice too, i love the colours.
Oct 5, 2018 11:37 AM
Apr 2016
I am so very happy with this adaptation! The animation is beautiful and the music is great! Oh and the VAs. My god, they are perfect.

I can understand why some people might feel it's weird how nanami "falls in love" with yuu too quickly, but you should stick around because the feeling of the characters are explored quite in depth and make for some really cool story.
Oct 5, 2018 12:29 PM

Jun 2013
Aww that was so freaking sweet!
Definitely a great first episode!
Oct 5, 2018 12:31 PM

Sep 2017
Touko & Yuu`s voice fits their character perfectly.OST was soothing.when I saw 2nd PV I`ve looked forward to OP since then! OP was marvelous! I`m excited for upcoming episode & can`t wait to hear how ED will be (≧∀≦)
Oct 5, 2018 12:43 PM

Nov 2013
That first episode was so good! the animation& art too sweet and the opening and ending so cute. I liked pretty much everything about it! I can't wait for more!
Oct 5, 2018 1:03 PM

Apr 2015
Great start, imo better than Citrus. Visually it looks really great and fits the anime well.

Poor guy waited a month for an answer, honestly that would kill me if that happened to me.
Oct 5, 2018 1:24 PM

Feb 2014
Going through my anime list, I think Bloom Into You is my first experience of watching a Yuri anime and my impressions from the first episode is very positive.

TROYCA has done a nice job with the art style and animation as a whole, although the first-person point of view shots, good as they may be, will take a bit og getting used to.

The characters so far have been interesting. The poor guy who confessed to Yuu must've the patience of a god to wait one month for her reply to him and although he got rejected, he took the answer really well, which was nice. =)

Nanami's a pretty confident character with her role on the student council, so I expect more dynamic and engaging scenes between her and Yuu as the show goes on. Good start. =D
Oct 5, 2018 1:25 PM

Feb 2017
I haven't watched the episode yet but can some one answer me this:

1: is this yuri one where we have the main ship growing slowly but whitout over melodramatic shit?
2: Or is kind of like citrus where you have love triangles, rectangles and all that bull crap?

Tell me is option 1 'cause citrus left me almost hating the yuri that i used to love, because of all of that cheap melodrama with new girls entering left and right destroying any advance for the main ship.
Oct 5, 2018 1:29 PM

Dec 2016
This show looks like it's gonna be nice and sweet and I'm totally down for that
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 5, 2018 1:52 PM

Apr 2015
tottobennington said:

1: is this yuri one where we have the main ship growing slowly but whitout over melodramatic shit?
2: Or is kind of like citrus where you have love triangles, rectangles and all that bull crap?

Tell me is option 1 'cause citrus left me almost hating the yuri that i used to love, because of all of that cheap melodrama with new girls entering left and right destroying any advance for the main ship.

I would say totally first. I don't need to spoil anything but MC relationship is EXTREMELY well done, and I love it. Nothing is forced, there's no "cheap" drama or drama overall, and specially, NO love triangle or harem stuff.
Also this is not Yuri, this is Shoujo ai, they don't do lewd stuffs, unless you count as hand holding lewd.
Oct 5, 2018 2:06 PM

Sep 2008
Decent start. It wasn't rapey like some other yuri stories. At least not yet.
Oct 5, 2018 2:48 PM

May 2015
One episode in and it's already better than Citrus lol. Hopefully it will stay that way, which I'm gonna assume it does.

Oct 5, 2018 2:49 PM
Jul 2018
tottobennington said:

It's pretty much the first. There are quite few number of characters that will get introduced later on for sure, but they aren't too relevant to the actual relationship aside from one person and even then the person doesn't play any big role.
Oct 5, 2018 3:06 PM

Nov 2007
I almost thoughts it were two asexuals and aromantics bonding.....that would work well. But alas (?)
Oct 5, 2018 3:30 PM
Apr 2017
I didn't expect much but I must say that I'm surprised, this was a really nice first episode with nice story as well as art and animations. Looking forward to next episodes.
Oct 5, 2018 3:33 PM
Jul 2018
Yangbojian said:
The art of the character is better than expected, was a bit worry while seeing the trailer...

...and so many view from first-person.

...a short scene after ED to create cliffhanger, will they maintain this structure in every episode?
Swagernator said:
Eh, i mean okay.

don't worry there are only two couples in this and don't compare this to citrus. It is very different.
Oct 5, 2018 3:56 PM

Jun 2012
Damn that was amazing. I thought there was nothing between them at first, and then suddenly it escalates.
Oct 5, 2018 3:56 PM
Jul 2018
nekoapril said:
The episode was okay. But how can this senpai fall so fast in love and then immediatly confess? lol
I don't like it when characters fall in love after they've only seen each other maybe two times .____.
you will why she "likes" later in the series.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

246 by rieeya »»
Feb 28, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2018

89 by CeliaOffcial »»
Jan 22, 3:05 AM

» anime or manga

kotosugu - Oct 12, 2023

17 by Atsunome »»
Jan 10, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

111 by Kimsowon2000 »»
Jan 1, 10:39 AM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2018

103 by Zora_Brightwood »»
Oct 28, 2023 12:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.