Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 24, 2018 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah the final episode and extension from the previous one.

From this episode, we have Aoi seeing her past self in despair. But now in the present time, she's much more confdient. I think it's important to realize how much Aoi has grown throughout this series up to this point.

The finale also had other characters reappearing again. It's an alright series overall, nothing too groundbreaking but relaxing to watch and took on fantasy with an easy pacing.
Sep 24, 2018 8:09 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wow, this hit so fucking hard, i was not prepared. This made the whole journey more than worth IMO. Fantastic finale.
Sep 24, 2018 8:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To think that the Umi Bouzu was not just a child but one that was lonely as well. Looks like seeing how lonely Umi was and understanding how it mirrored her own was the key that was needed to return her sense of taste. It was heartwarming to see the Umi Bouzu for the first time enjoy its meal with others. Its good that Aoi was able to find out the truth about who was behind the mask and thank Ginji properly. The interactions between the staff from the two inns near the end was cute and its nice that even the elusive Ougan pun in a cameo as well. Glad the series ended on such a high note.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2018 8:32 AM

May 2015
Oh my... This anime was just too sweet! Ah, seriously, soo sweet! Such a peaceful and fun anime! Nothing special, nothing impressive, just sweet and fun. But it's OK and enough. The final was very nice too. Especially the umibouzu part was very sad. I wish he didn't have to be all alone, confined in that dark space where all calamities spread from. Agh, and Aoi won't be able to see him ever again as well..
ichiberry15Sep 28, 2018 12:29 PM
Sep 24, 2018 8:40 AM

Nov 2017
What a stupid lame ending!!!! First half was ok but the second one was definately a let down for me!!! 6/10
Sep 24, 2018 8:44 AM

Oct 2012
Very nice overall. Wouldn't mind another season.
Sep 24, 2018 9:22 AM

Mar 2016
I had started watching this anime when 13 episodes were already out, because I learnt that this had 26 episodes. (I just wanted to have more new animes to watch every week.)
Never thought that this would be so entertaining.

The only things I didn't like were:
-how everyone becomes friends immediately
-and the stupid little kappa, who is trying too hard to be cute.
Sep 24, 2018 9:27 AM

Apr 2012
Well, although I was always joking that this anime is an adaptation of "Mahoutsukai no Yome + Natsume Yuujinchou" fanfic, I will not deny that I enjoyed this show altogether. I definitely don't its target audience, but still, it was easy to watch.

6/10
Sep 24, 2018 9:48 AM

Dec 2016
I wasn't expecting this kind of ending to be honest, but I do expect that Aoi will return to Tenjin-ya with Ginji and also learn the truth about the mysterious ayakashi who saved her from starving to death. In other words, both Ginji and Master Ogre helped little Aoi when she was in need. Who would have though? =w= She is feeling loved.

So in the end Master Ogre and Aoi Tsubaki didn't get married? ºAº I mean, how's that even possible?? I don't see why not, since Aoi will stay in Hidden Realm forever.

So this Umi-Bouzu is a child who's always hungry and lonely just like what happened to Aoi? A pretty nice touch indeed :) No wonder Aoi felt a strong connection from him. Will keep a 7/10 ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 24, 2018 12:12 PM

Jan 2018
Aoi and Umibozu connection is a good thing and ok series with not bad ending
even though I would have loved to see Oodana and Aoi getting married she is not going anywhere she knows he is the one who gave her the food for the first-time so why not
Sep 24, 2018 12:57 PM

Jun 2013
Poor Umibouzu. Good thing Aoi was there to change their perspective over the lonely ayakashi. Thoroughly enjoyed the show but felt that the ending could’ve been done better. Ginji will forever remain as my fave.
Sep 24, 2018 8:25 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That was a really feel-good ending that left me with a sense of emptiness after the episode was over. The series really grew on me, especially in the latter half. I really enjoyed this long arc. The truth behind Umibouzu was sad, and it was touching to see everyone join Umibouzu. I never expected to shed tears for this show, yet this episode made me.

Overall, a nice and comfy (for the most part) show. Most of the conflicts weren't dragged out, which was good. Raijin though, ugh. Ranmaru at least wasn't unreasonable and accepted Aoi in the end. I really enjoyed seeing everyone together, Tenjin-ya and Orio-ya. People can come together in difficult times, and that's what happened here. Plus, their rivalry isn't really founded in hatred for each other, but a lot was due to respect that turned into rivalry. If the series had stopped at episode 13, I wouldn't be feeling this way, but I'm actually going to miss this! I wouldn't mind either if there's a continuation, but lol, the "quality" episodes and the lack of people who watched the show doesn't really call for a sequel. Honestly surprised something so low-key received 2 cours at all.
Sep 24, 2018 9:05 PM

Sep 2018
This ending had NO business being this good! The umibozu was so cute! It was such a satisfying ending. Overall, this anime wasn't that bad, and I'd probably recommend it for people who are fans of both isekai and cooking animes.
Sep 24, 2018 9:08 PM
Aug 2017
Love the ending....😍
Sep 24, 2018 10:40 PM

Jul 2016
This anime was one of my favorites of this and the previous season.
The only thing that felt odd for me was that Aoi suddenly started liking the Ogre out of nowhere. Also, if the Raijin guy was so scared of Byakuya and the Ogre, why would he even try to do something to Aoi knowing what could happen?
Wish it gets a second season, I'd like to know the reason her mother did that and the adventures of her grandpa.
Sep 25, 2018 12:43 AM

Jun 2016
Orange said:
Very nice overall. Wouldn't mind another season.

Me neither :) And it feels like the ending showed potential for a second season.
Sep 25, 2018 1:01 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
A well-rounded ending. There were some production quality issues along the way as well as some repetitiveness but overall it was still a very enjoyable watch. I sorely miss good shoujo anime adaptation and this at least satisfies that itch a bit.

There are definitively a lot of open plot lines to explore, notably the mysterious nature of the Tenjinya Master. From what is shown in the anime it seems that he is not a mere ayakashi or even just an extremely powerful ayakashi. This is a bit more apparent when Ginji seems to imply that he was "just" a mere ayakashi compared to something much greater that he can't reveal. It's been implied that the Master also has some abilities to predict or interfere with fate itself.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 25, 2018 5:02 AM

Oct 2015
I love this series. It's not highly intense on the action and such, but my Mondays felt so nice.

While at first i had hoped for more action, as i normally like, it changed into: "I want to have more of this!"

Here's to hoping we get another season!
Sep 25, 2018 8:21 AM

May 2017
I guess I was both right and wrong on my theory about the masked ayakashi

Really boring arc imo also I wanted more of the zashikiwarashi but oh well, overall 6/10
Sep 25, 2018 9:36 AM

Oct 2008
So what? is Aoi just really thankful to Ginji? and no romance at all? or is it because of odanna?
Well it was a nice ride...
4/5.
6/10.

Sep 25, 2018 10:36 AM

Feb 2015
This anime was wonderful and not at all what I expected!
Sep 25, 2018 10:55 AM

Jul 2009
I’m just mad that we never learned Odanna-sama’s name (or what his favourite food was).

Btw since he was making Aoi’s food when she was a kid I guess that means he’s a good cook too?
Sep 25, 2018 11:45 AM

Jul 2008
Inugirlz said:
I’m just mad that we never learned Odanna-sama’s name (or what his favourite food was).

Btw since he was making Aoi’s food when she was a kid I guess that means he’s a good cook too?

My thoughts exactly! I really hope they will make season two! <3
Sep 25, 2018 12:32 PM

Dec 2014
well the final episode closed everything on a happy note..but Aoi still did not get the tengu fan back... I know she is not into material possesions but it still seemed rude to me how she was used like thta all the way in Orio ya and was not given anything in return...still pissed how they treat this way and never asking for forgiveness unlike the tengin ya where we saw how everyone was sorry and helped her along the way///or maybe I am just a little biased
Sep 25, 2018 3:03 PM

Jun 2013
I loved the show! The plot, the characters, the look, the music... And I want more! Another season would be so be nice!

As for Odanna, it's said he's more than an oni, he's an/the Oni god, so he's definitively more powerful than many characters. I'd love to know more about him in a second season if there is one, that and what is his real form. I'd like to know too what happened to Aoi's parents. I ponder if her father died in an accident and then her mother abandonned her afterwards.

Ginji reveals to Aoi that Odanna is the one who fed her first and last and asked Ginji to keep an eye on her, and well fed. It was obvious it was Odanna's voice when he told her to keep living, and that when she'd be an adult, he'd take her with him and make her his bride. I'm simply guessing the reason Odanna asked Ginji to take care of Aoi, was probably because her grand-father was not aware that his grand-daughter had been abandonned, and that it took some time to finally find him. So the second and last time Aoi saw him, he probably knew her grand-father could take care of her.
Sep 26, 2018 1:36 AM

Dec 2015
So it was both Ginji and Oodanna-sama. We were all idiots to be guessing between the two 😂😂😂

Aoi saying I'm gonna have to thank you properly... Did it imply I'll marry you~ kekekeke I want to know more about Oodanna-sama 😍😍

That Raiju turned out to be a wuss. So much for very old strong ayakashi trait. Or could he be a M 😂
Sep 26, 2018 6:25 AM

Jan 2015
That was a sweet little finale... I love the fact that everything came full circle for Aoi, having realized that she and Umi-Bouzu had both experienced the very same loneliness and hunger, from her youth. Bringing everybody together to show little Umi a wonderful time, warmed my heart. And the fact that she learned both Ginji *and* the master had visited her, even though it was what I’d begun to suspect, was a satisfying revelation. Overall, it was a decent series.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 27, 2018 9:57 AM

Apr 2016
Good ending and Very Good Anime.
Hope we will get Season 2.
BRAWLERS
Sep 27, 2018 5:56 PM
Sep 2018
For everyone who was bummed with the ending of kakuriyo.. Obviously there will be another season coming cause the plot is too open and her flower pin hasn't even bloomed yet also etc.
Sep 27, 2018 11:32 PM
Jan 2018
Absolutely loved the ending! I truly hope there’s a season 2, because I want to know more about Aoi’s past and her future! I’ve honestly love the idea of her and the Master getting married right now. He’s always there for her and gives her the courage do to things she was unsure of beforehand. I couldn’t have asked for a better ending to season 1! Sure hope there’s a second!!
Sep 28, 2018 4:13 AM

Mar 2015
Pretty warm ending after such a long journey. Aoi went from someone who was abducted into a new world she knows nothing about to being able to call this place home.
This series came for me at a time I needed something like it and I wasn't disappointed at all. It wasn't anything special but it's just so warm and sweet.I personally won't mind a second season at all. The pacing was kinda weird during the second half and the ending being just that the ceremony succeeding was a bit disappointing but it doesn't matter much.
8/10 for me.
Sep 28, 2018 3:41 PM

Apr 2012
Great closure for this arc.

Overall a cheesy anime but the attention to details was impressive: tons of different ayakashi, various recipes, diverse settings, most of them with gorgeous backgrounds. Felt like watching a reverse harem at times, but thankfully we escaped the objectification of the heroine, and there was always a positive message about common effort. Would watch another season.
Sep 29, 2018 11:43 AM

Mar 2009
Let's be real here, folks. It's all thanks to Chibi's cucumber-loving nature that things were changed for the better. The Umibozu can at least have good company every 100 years now, instead of that lonely ceremony he always got. We all blamed Chibi last episode, but he was the real MVP all along. May he enjoy an endless bounty of cucumbers for the rest of his life. I'm going to miss the little dude, honestly. I liked him a lot.

Enjoyed my 26 weeks with Kakuriyo. Comfy show, and this was a solid ending.
Oct 3, 2018 12:39 PM

Mar 2012
The second half was interesting but the last episode completely spoiled it. That was so anticlimactic!
Oct 15, 2018 7:53 AM
Dec 2015
What an underwhelming ending! I wanted to hear Aoi ask the Master if he was the one who saved her, but at this point it's blatantly obvious it was him since he gave it away earlier on.

Oh Genji, you ship wrecker! Aoi actually looks good with Genji also, although I've been shipping her with the master since day one. I sure hope Aoi x Oodana's relationship develops into something more!

Without doubt Oodana is husband material.
Oct 15, 2018 12:58 PM

Jul 2009
So in the end Umi-Bouzu was just a lonely cute thing! A good end, I wish there was more romance...
Oct 16, 2018 2:12 PM

Jul 2015
Ginji mah boy making a will-one-day-be-married-to-another-man girl fall for him over here lol. Ahhhh this was freaking great aside from the... poor animation at times but it doesn't take much away from the overall feeling and the story of the anime in my opinion. This was a nice and comfy anime and I enjoyed it a lot.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 17, 2018 7:11 PM

May 2018
I would've never guessed that the umi-bouzu was just a sweet child. So adorable. It broke my heart when he had to go back to the cold, dark corner of the ocean for another 100 years.

But, how lame is Orio-ya that they had to kidnap someone so that the ceremony could be a success?!

Season 2?

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Oct 25, 2018 11:35 PM

Jun 2011
Did anyone get the feeling that this ED at 0:59

was going to transition into another song at 1:03?

Or is it just me?

Anyway this took me gazillion years to finish. Very underwhelming series. Aoi sucks as a protagonist, and to quote many reviews out there, the show exists only to tell you how great of a person Aoi is. She's always involved in some kind of cases even when it is pretty much out of her boundary, and it only seems to make her someone who has a big heart to the other characters in the series, it doesn't make her any better of a character because she doesn't feel real, she doesn't care about her own wellbeing or the consequences of getting into a mess, not just for herself, but for those around her.

The first episode honestly was a 8/10 for me, the rest of the series was probably a 3/10, and that's only because I've seen some 1/10 and this is not on that level. The first episode portrayed serious threats for being in an ayakashi world, Oodanna was cold to her, everyone didn't like her, and she wasn't fond of Oodanna just because he's a black-haired hottie right off the bat, but what follows really betrayed the premise of the series. Oodanna somehow opened up to her for no reason, and turned into a typical "i'll protect my girl no matter what" main lead. It's also somewhat creepy that he liked a 5 or 6 years old Aoi.. Everyone started to like her for very simple reasons.. and the most annoying part is that there's always that cringy story about her grandfather, how he was mischievous and caused a lot of troubles for them BUT he's oh so kind and nice and is like the best human they've ever met. It's as cringy as someone saying they hate their significant other's this and that and all those but end it with "but I still love all of that about you".

Also not fond of the whole cooking theme. I came into this series expecting some supernatural yokai/ayakashi stuffs, not your regular cooking show. The cooking part isn't even good, they basically show parts of it, cut off the middle portion, and skip to the end with "this is some amazing fooood!", and it magically has the properties to heal ayakashi lol

Oh and another thing, all the ayakashi have the personality of regular Japanese humans. You take away their ears and ayakashi appearance and this wouldn't even look out of place. The writer really didn't put much thought into characterizing these characters. You get your regular shoujo romance jealousy drama from other non-ayakashi series too, it's just so.. meh, so flat. I am disappointed because the first episode gave a lot of sense of lore and adventure feels, like we're about to venture into a whole new world, but it's just your typical shoujo.

Maybe I just have a different expectation, but you can't fault me because that's what the first episode set up for. You can't say that you're going to give people orange and ask them to settle for apple later on.

also the reveal of umi-bouzo is disappointing and underwhelming, all the build up for a last minute cop out ending.. thematically great but again, it was building up to nothing..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 15, 2018 8:15 AM

Mar 2012
Maybe it's just the way the anime presented it but honestly I feel that Genji is a better pairing and so far, more realistic in that the master has been far too absent...but it's likely heading in the fairy tale ending direction.

Either way, was decent though a little boring at the start of the 2nd arc making it feel like you're watching the beginning of the show again.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Nov 19, 2018 8:18 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Plot twist the main one isn't Oodanasama, but some higher ayakashi. (but nah, of course it is... have you not seen those nails??)

Also really love the scenes with the Umibozu, though rip that art. I guess we had to make some sacrifices to see Ginji as a woman. Notably though, his eyes turned super weird... like upset? when he told her that he wasn't the only ayakashi that watched over her.

Nothing tastes as good as eating with friends.
Nov 19, 2018 11:19 PM
Nov 2018
I loved this ending. At first, I was tentative to watch this show because the first half was kind of dull to me. However, I quite enjoyed the second half of the show and I particularly fell in love with Oodanna and Aoi's relationship. It was cute how he visited her in the mornings and it was nice to see him take a step away from the formalities of being the Master and just act casual. The scene where he's lying back and tickling Chibi sticks out in my mind, and the casual yet helpless smile he gives Aoi when she says she wants to go get the scale. So cute. I only wish we got more moments like that.

I know a lot of people hate Raiju but I actually found him really interesting. It would be cool to see more of him. I think the series has potential for a second season as far as plot goes, with the missing fan and Aoi and Oodanna's relationship.
Mar 14, 2019 7:22 AM
Mar 2017
Well I guess I'm late I almost forgot to watched this Anime. It took me a few months just to notice that this was on my planned to watched list 2018.

A Calm and Peaceful anime that would bring joy to your life. The ending made me emotional I did not except that the Umibouzo was just a lonely child. Probably for me it's one of the best anime for 2018. Another season would be amazing

9/10
May 27, 2019 3:02 AM

Sep 2012
matias067 said:
So what? is Aoi just really thankful to Ginji? and no romance at all? or is it because of odanna?
Well it was a nice ride...
4/5.
6/10.

Ginji and master both were the masked and yes sge is just thankful to Ginji for comforting words and loves master cause hes the1 wgo organized it and kooked for her and made the promise to make her hes bride
Jun 16, 2019 5:17 AM

Mar 2019
Not a bad series overall but felt it could of answered and wrapped things up a better.
Aug 10, 2019 1:16 PM
Aug 2019
Where could i read the light novel? Does anybody knows?
Aug 15, 2019 2:24 PM
Aug 2019
Please tell me there going be another series I want to see if Aoi married the master. You can't leave at that
Jan 15, 2020 4:53 PM

Apr 2009
so after the first four episodes of absolute garbage, this turned into something pretty darn good,

i was kinda surprised there wasn't more sleaze, but the anime focused on the MC just patching the relationships between the ayakashi/yokai and making pretty much all of them just feel better,
it was nice- i was a bit disappointed in Raijuu though, since he lost his composure here and there and came off as a cheap half-comedic kind of villain. really didn't feel like the anime was building him up to that at first, but i blame Saiunkoku Monogatari for giving me those kind of expectations from those kind of characters.

Got some saiunkoku vibes from this anime, also some Hakuoki, for probably obvious reasons,
i liked how this anime managed to pick itself up from whatever those first four episodes were, and i'd really look forward to another season if ever there'd be one.

overall; quite enjoyable, i think i liked old-man tengu and spiderlad the most out of the characters -w-
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Feb 7, 2020 3:35 AM
Feb 2020
Amaziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg
Apr 1, 2020 10:00 PM
Sep 2017
April 2020, so it’s not looking promising for a S2, but I am still going to hope! So many stories left untold! I want to know what happened to Aoi’s mom, and what Oodanna’s favorite food is, for starters, LOL. And then of course - does Aoi end up marrying Oodanna or not?!? I sure hope so, dang it. He’s been so wonderful and supportive to her - how could she not fall for the guy?
This finale was great. Poor little Umi-bouzo - I feel bad for him. Glad he got to at least enjoy the one night, and has more like that to look forward to in the future.
Looooooved when Oodanna confronted Raiju - the master was looking and sounding so badass!
Also glad Ginji patched things up with his “bro” Ranmaru and was able to return to Tenjinya. BUT ... he needs to stay in the friend zone with Aoi - she belongs to Oodanna sama! <3
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi Episode 15 Discussion

Ittan_Momen - Aug 17, 2018

5 by Forum »»
Feb 20, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2018

101 by MiniMoose-kun »»
Feb 9, 9:18 PM

Poll: » Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2018

48 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 5, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi Episode 10 Discussion

ibraheem234 - Aug 25, 2018

4 by SuperAdventure »»
Oct 16, 2023 5:40 PM

Poll: » Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi Episode 9 Discussion

ibraheem234 - Aug 25, 2018

2 by SuperAdventure »»
Oct 16, 2023 5:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.