Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 20, 2018 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, Erina being honest to her father instead of showing fear this time.
Plus, it helps that Souma supports her.

A lot of building up for this episode. The way the rebels stay motivated is kinda inspirational despite realizing who they'll have to face. We'll probably get at least one of the big matches coming pretty soon.

May 20, 2018 9:43 AM
Mar 2017
all mighty daddy is at home,come to the rescue!

well, this kind of training is laughable too much, yukihira family quarelling like a boss is funny

a litlle bit better animation

9/10

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonSep 13, 2018 8:47 AM
May 20, 2018 9:54 AM
Sep 2016
Was a pretty episode
May 20, 2018 10:02 AM

Nov 2016
This was another awesome episode and the best stuff has yet to come.

Also finally got to see my favorite expression animated

5/5 for that alone

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 20, 2018 10:56 AM

Aug 2014
time to start the manga again
w e l p
May 20, 2018 11:14 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Damn Crunchyroll. the subs aren't timed properly on console. Thankfully they worked on their actual website. I heard mobile isn't working well either. I was about to panic that I couldn't watch this before work. I mean, what are we paying for if they can't get the subs right?

Rindou-senpai is still super cute, but is she low-key trying to help the rebels? She's technically on the side of Central, but she never seemed like the type who would just cow-tow to something like that. Would be great if she turned out to be an ally.

It's finally come to this! Soma and the gang will finally challenge to become members of the Elite Ten. Didn't expect Soma's dad to show up out of the blue, but I figured they would need someone like him to help guide them forward.

A Team Shokugeki sounds incredibly cool, the battle between them and the Elite Ten will be bar none the most intense in the series.

Erina once again wet as hell this week.

Love this show to death.
May 20, 2018 11:30 AM

Jul 2015
Jouichirou appeared out of nowhere to help out Souma and friends! The fight to save the rest will be nice, but meanwhile we're having a fun time with the training to do that.
May 20, 2018 11:48 AM

Apr 2014
Is it me or did things go by really fast? Anyone realizes this?
May 20, 2018 11:51 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Soma's plan to take the seats of the e10 though is a bold one but not an impossible one. Erina letting go of her pride and being honest with her father was nice to see. The team battle idea though was an interesting idea and provides an opportunity to hit back at Azami. Looks like teamwork will also be quite an important factor. The mock battle between Gin and Joichiro sure was a good learning experience for them though. Being able to work efficiently without speaking will be a useful skill. Looking forward to seeing how Soma and co would overcome this mock test though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2018 11:52 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode again.

Hah, Rindou ftw! She gave them the best test. xD

Anyway, Jouichirou certainly did come out of nowhere to help out Souma and co but with him and Gin now helping out, our group might stand a chance at beating the Elite ten.

The final sequence with the cooking competition between Gin and Jouichirou actually being a test for the group was great.

Also, I love how Souma is always chucking in the background as Gin and Jouichirou are arguing. XD
May 20, 2018 12:08 PM

Apr 2018
alphazero4um said:
Is it me or did things go by really fast? Anyone realizes this?

Yup, I felt it too. I hope they didn't skip any stuff from the manga.
May 20, 2018 12:47 PM

Mar 2016
Man, they already had me when Souma reached Azami, and then Joichirou appeared, I was like "fuck, yeah!"... Oh boi, this will get even more intense.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 20, 2018 12:58 PM

Jan 2017
Another crazy episode, where did his dad decide to pop out from... So random.
We saw a new expression from tadokoro. Hilarious. The fear of taking on the elite ten😂😂
Rindou-senpai, really??? It was nice of her to do that though. But I feel sorry for the rest of the polar star squad.
Let's see what happens next week
May 20, 2018 1:05 PM

Mar 2012
Ha, love those cute faces of Rindou in the beginning. Takumi and Megumi sure were lucky to have the 2nd seat as their examiner and all they had to do is simply make her say "yum" to pass.

Souma's idea of winning the seats from the Elite 10 is quite a bold move, but the only way to bring the rebels back from being expelled.
Jouichirou finally shows up out of nowhere to declare a Regiment De Cusine by wagering himself to join Central and closing the diner in order for Azami to accept a Team Shokugeki battle. It seems teamwork would be the only way for the rebels to have any slight chance on taking the Elite 10.

It was Senzaemon who asked or pestered Jouchirou to have Souma attend Toutsuki Academy. The interactions between Gin and Jou before the training cooking match was hilarious. Nice to see that Megumi and Takumi quickly went on sync with Dojima on Gin. Meanwhile, Souma and his father were bickering each other, which almost caused them to be disqualified. xd Hopefully, Erina, Souma and Jou will work together well on their dish.
SilentSnakeMay 20, 2018 1:39 PM

Credit to Hihanteki
May 20, 2018 1:08 PM

Feb 2018
So what i see from this episode. Nakiri Azami is Final Boss. Joichiro decided to bet his diner and ideas. So Regime de Cuisine will be final arc of this series, am i wrong? Because i can't see another villain that can surpass Azami now, like near and melo never surpassed L. Lawliet in Death Note

I like how this team battle displayed two different ideas from dojima and joichiro. Dojima will make hachis Parmentier with restaurant gourmet style, otherwise Joichiro will make it with Diner style

So with Hayama was expelled and Erina was with Rebel. There are 8 person in Azami team. Rebels still just had 4, need 4 more. I can see who will fill it.
May 20, 2018 1:40 PM

May 2016
This got 10 times more interesting, seriously Saiba's appearance surprised me and his wager is too good to be true, I like how Erina starts to open up more with them.
May 20, 2018 2:00 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
This was quite possibly the best episode of Shokugeki since Season 1. Loved how Saiba finally made his appearance. And so the Régiment de Cuisine will finally begin
May 20, 2018 2:17 PM
Nov 2017
ade-pewe said:
So what i see from this episode. Nakiri Azami is Final Boss. Joichiro decided to bet his diner and ideas. So Regime de Cuisine will be final arc of this series, am i wrong? Because i can't see another villain that can surpass Azami now, like near and melo never surpassed L. Lawliet in Death Note

I like how this team battle displayed two different ideas from dojima and joichiro. Dojima will make hachis Parmentier with restaurant gourmet style, otherwise Joichiro will make it with Diner style

So with Hayama was expelled and Erina was with Rebel. There are 8 person in Azami team. Rebels still just had 4, need 4 more. I can see who will fill it.
it’s not the final arc lol alot of people thought that also but there’s still alot more of the story left that hasn’t been told
May 20, 2018 2:23 PM
Oct 2017
oi oi oi , why the hell they talking so fast
May 20, 2018 2:28 PM

Jul 2015
Is this equivalent of shonen character dying?

May 20, 2018 2:29 PM
Oct 2013
Hilarious af. 80% of the time I was laughing XD.
May 20, 2018 2:53 PM

Nov 2017
Jōichirō and Senzaemon coming out of nowhere to help Sōma and the others. And he has a good idea to challenge Azami to take the board seats. It gives me great pleasure to finally see a French dish of honor because I'm French (Hachis Parmentier). xD
May 20, 2018 3:17 PM

Oct 2012
Souma can't count. He wants to put 4 people on Top10 seats but Erina is already there so they only have three people. Unless they count Rindou, of course (but she's already there). So Satoshi probably returns to save them when in dare condition.

Anyway, pretty exciting the next episode will be, didn't expect Saiba's return. Can't wait for his interactions with Erina. And we get to learn the fact that Souma's ultimate presence at Totsuki school is to save Erina, what a twist.

Also, lots of funny faces this time.
May 20, 2018 3:45 PM

Apr 2016
whoa! things got intense pretty fast!
I'm so glad Joichiro showed up, its gonna be great!!
May 20, 2018 3:59 PM

Nov 2016
Rindou is really a funny and chill character. The scene was hilarious.

A lot of buildup in this episode for a new upcoming fight. That was unexpected, Saiba coming and making a declaration. That was veru thrilling. Him and Souma are really funny.

The mock shokugeki already started and things are so far interesting, the context is really nice. The way to improve their teamwork is intelligent. The pacing seemed fast.
May 20, 2018 4:12 PM
Mar 2018
Azami sure is soft. He will lose and extreme joy will ensue. Saiba doesn't have to do anything and he is still a badass.
May 20, 2018 5:38 PM

Aug 2014
Finally there is a goal in mind. This entire arc have just been about that Hitler wannabe shutting down everything and everyone who didn't agree with him without any retaliation being a possibility. The amount of one sided abusive powerplay had a lot in common with - dare i say it - rape, with the rich and powerful getting away with it. I felt absolutely no excitement or thrill from what Azami have brought to the show, it only felt disgusting and gross.

The fact that they are actually able to do something now, hopefully without it being rigged as fuck, makes it a lot more bearable to watch. The later part of the episode also felt like a step in the right direction with a focus on a food challenge with a twist instead of the oh-no-they-will-get-expelled factor with a pinc.. i mean a ton of edge throwing into the mix.

So all in all it felt like a great episode in comparison to anything else from this arc. I honestly was on the verge of dropping this show after last episode that took the entire length of the episode just judge two dishes in a drawn out and boring fashion, there might just be hope for it yet.
May 20, 2018 5:41 PM

Feb 2018
Rindou surely weird person, saiba make his debut again, Regiment de Cuisine battle, tranning battle saiba team vs dojima team.

The ep. surely feel really fast but it was Ok.

Looking forward next ep
What did You expect? life sucks from the get go....
May 20, 2018 5:49 PM

Aug 2014
ade-pewe said:

I don't think this show needs a villain as much as it needs a end goal, that being getting the top seat at the elite ten. To be honest, since they introduced Azami, the only "villain" so far in the show, everything started to go down hill from there story wise, so honestly I think the story could continue after Azami is out of the picture, another question entirely is if it should. It is always a shame to see a good story being forced away from closure and end up being cancelled before being resolved or being resolved way too fast. It have had a good run and it wouldn't be a too bad place to end it. - line it up with the end of their first year and it would be wrapped up with a bow.
May 20, 2018 5:57 PM

Sep 2015
Time to read, this arc seems amazing again.
May 20, 2018 6:02 PM

Apr 2015
So Takumi & Megumi passed with ease... cause Rindo is a weirdo XD But I love it.

Saiba returns as Souma challenged Azami. People are really getting fired up right now!

A mock battle is going to happen, Team Saiba vs Team Dojima.

That bickering between Souma and Saiba was too funny. Like Father, like Son!

It's always good to have more Megumi on screen!
May 20, 2018 8:21 PM

Jun 2014
@gowphnx45 They did skip several chapters but those should hopefully be addressed later on. I guess they're shuffling stuff to make things flow better.

@ade-pewe @Ziirf Azami won't be the final boss and this arc won't be the finale where they end it. This arc pretty much just finished in the manga and there was no indication that this arc's end will be the end of the whole story. Idk where they'll go from here but this anime will surely continue after this arc is over.

Anyway, this episode was pretty intense, setting up the Team Shokugeki and now the training has begun. Unfortunately, as I've mentioned before, this is also where the arc's predictability begins.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 20, 2018 8:27 PM

Feb 2018
thebrentinator24 said:
@gowphnx45 They did skip several chapters but those should hopefully be addressed later on. I guess they're shuffling stuff to make things flow better.

@ade-pewe @Ziirf Azami won't be the final boss and this arc won't be the finale where they end it. This arc pretty much just finished in the manga and there was no indication that this arc's end will be the end of the whole story. Idk where they'll go from here but this anime will surely continue after this arc is over.

Anyway, this episode was pretty intense, setting up the Team Shokugeki and now the training has begun. Unfortunately, as I've mentioned before, this is also where the arc's predictability begins.

Regime de Cuisine is just finished in the manga? So next season will have 2 cour just for adapt Regime de Cuisine?
May 20, 2018 8:44 PM

Jun 2014
ade-pewe said:
thebrentinator24 said:

Regime de Cuisine is just finished in the manga? So next season will have 2 cour just for adapt Regime de Cuisine?

Tbh I have no idea how long it'll take to adapt this whole arc. I'm assuming this season will be one cour, so I could see them adapting whatever else they can in these remaining 5-6 episodes, then doing the rest in a new season (kind of like how they started the Autumn Election at the end of S1 and finished it in S2).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 20, 2018 8:53 PM

May 2015
The team battle should prove to be interesting, hope to see some interesting matchup & chemistry between challengers & foes...
May 20, 2018 9:10 PM

Sep 2015
Just saying not a spoiler but if you watch/read enough story about "team battle" you know the order of the result.

Finally best scene for Rindou got animated and thus she is best girl in the central and central member in general.
Into the Internet!
May 20, 2018 9:18 PM
Oct 2015
When Aldini realized what Dojima-san was doing, and then the teamwork started flowing! 👌
May 20, 2018 9:31 PM

Aug 2013
So presuming there's only 5 episodes left in this season and we're headed into the Regime arc, it might be safe to say that this may continue on into a 4th season. Which is ironically right on time since the arc just finished in the manga. So assuming that arc gets adapted into 2 cours...hmm
Don't believe the hype.
May 20, 2018 11:08 PM
Jun 2017
ohh yeah!!! i love this episode, Team Dojima vs Team Soma in a battle... i would like how to see how those former elite tens will made that dish... and that team shokugeki sure looks exciting... im so excited to watch that one... hahaha

GREAT EPISODE!!!
May 20, 2018 11:26 PM

Nov 2015
is it just me, but in this season they've tried to cram as much dialog and panels as humanly possible in the EP? like srsly, there are so many jump cuts, people talking without a second to breathe and so many emotions going by so fast, my head hurts
May 20, 2018 11:53 PM

Jul 2014
PukingMachines said:
is it just me, but in this season they've tried to cram as much dialog and panels as humanly possible in the EP? like srsly, there are so many jump cuts, people talking without a second to breathe and so many emotions going by so fast, my head hurts

Yeah, I felt it too, especially in episode 2 when they didn't stop talking fast without breathing throughout the whole episode and even the camera sweep seemed to move twice as fast. xD
May 21, 2018 12:01 AM
Mar 2017
MonkeyDJasper said:
ade-pewe said:

it’s not the final arc lol alot of people thought that also but there’s still alot more of the story left that hasn’t been told
so next week will be the most amazing episode ever since we have soma dad and Gin to help them hell yeah i cant wait this anime never disappoint me at all and ive been kinda curious is there will be a new arc after this train arc done?or is it gonna be ended there ?
GraymanesMay 21, 2018 12:05 AM
May 21, 2018 12:28 AM

Apr 2012
ooo a team shokugeki
and trying to dethrone the elite 10, and joichiro playing a role in it

think this show has pulled me back in
best episode of this season tbh
i like this development

May 21, 2018 3:00 AM

Dec 2015
Weww what an awesome episode, this series is really picking up!

Rindou was cute as always + it's nice for the "rebels" to finally find their leverage with the addition of Joichurou and Gin. Looking forward to this arc :-)
~
May 21, 2018 4:39 AM

Mar 2011
More daddy Saiba~ ♥ ♥ ♥
May 21, 2018 5:30 AM

Oct 2017
Well, this episode had some slight pacing issues with the fast-ish jumps between scenes but it wasn't that big of a deal. It's crammed with great character interactions and major plot developments. Soma, Erina, Megumi, and Takumi, good to see them in action together against what will be the greatest foe they have to face: Azami and the Elite Ten.

Man, I love Saiba, he's such a great character. Megumi's voice could heal me anytime she speaks. Rindou was also amazing in the beginning. She's so fun to watch.
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
May 21, 2018 5:34 AM

Dec 2016
ok, the subbed are screwed up. anyone got a different source with proper subs?
May 21, 2018 5:52 AM

Feb 2014
The pacing might've been on the quick side, but the episode itself was really awesome.

It was stuffed with plenty of funny facial reactions, with my favourite going to Rindo's YUM! expression when she was tasting Megumi and Takumi's dishes. It was irresistibly cute. =3

Saiba's timing couldn't have been more perfect as he's wagering himself for the upcoming Team Shokugeki, which has got Azami all disturbingly excited. The training has actually re-arranged the manga chapters a bit, which I wasn't expecting, but the mock 3 on 3 battle still had me laughing at the humour though.

I'm sure that the scenes that were left out will be used in future episodes. It already happened in the first cour of season three, so I'm confident those scenes will still happen. They're important to the story after all. =)
May 21, 2018 6:28 AM

Jan 2016
Fast-paced, but still the best episode in this season of Shokugeki. I always crave for these epic Soma moments.
May 21, 2018 6:44 AM

Feb 2018
thebrentinator24 said:
ade-pewe said:

Tbh I have no idea how long it'll take to adapt this whole arc. I'm assuming this season will be one cour, so I could see them adapting whatever else they can in these remaining 5-6 episodes, then doing the rest in a new season (kind of like how they started the Autumn Election at the end of S1 and finished it in S2).

oh ok i see. With 5-6 episodes left in this season. I am still waiting Rindou-senpai to make her cooking debut, because i saw rindou with her chef costume in OP and Visual Poster
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2018

56 by Beguni »»
Apr 13, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 12 Discussion

nickehhhhhh - Aug 8, 2018

44 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 5:21 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 10 Discussion

tidoesstuff - Aug 9, 2018

27 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 4:14 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2018

130 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:44 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2018

135 by aod-kun »»
Oct 30, 2023 5:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.