Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2018 4:40 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Still feeling bad for Daigo :( .

Just as he was motivated to form a battery with Hikaru from last week, man's ambitions were crushed after he left. Atleast until after that letter from Hikaru xD

Also found Izumi teasing her mom to be really cute. And the Daigo x Sakura stuff was cute too.

Toshi is a great coach from the looks of things. Love that he is helping Daigo even after what happened with his family situations.

A really great episode as usual from a show that has surprisingly been really good (even with the very high standards of the original).

I am super excited to see a future with Goro and Toshi's kids form a legendary battery and conquer the world of baseball.

But for now, let's just enjoy the journey of Daigo and the Dolphins.
May 19, 2018 5:59 AM

Nov 2016
Good to see that Daigo became eventually more motivated than before,despite what happened.

Sakura joined the Dolphins now too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 19, 2018 6:10 AM

Feb 2013
That letter saved him, he has another goal now!
It's a pity Sakura isn't a pitcher.
Lol, that moment when Izumi found Kaoru and Toshi like that was funny.
May 19, 2018 7:47 AM

Sep 2014
FMmatron said:
Good to see that Daigo became eventually more motivated than before,despite what happened.

Sakura motivates Daigo, then Daigo motivates Hikaru, then Hikaru motivates Daigo, then Daigo motivates Sakura.

Daigo has not realized that his strength will improve with age?

I wonder if the stage in the Dolphins will last a full season as in Major S1, I really want to see how this team works and if there will be a confrontation against the Hikaru team (hype).
May 19, 2018 8:00 AM

Nov 2016
LightSparker said:
FMmatron said:

Sakura motivates Daigo, then Daigo motivates Hikaru, then Hikaru motivates Daigo, then Daigo motivates Sakura.

Daigo has not realized that his strength will improve with age?

I wonder if the stage in the Dolphins will last a full season as in Major S1, I really want to see how this team works and if there will be a confrontation against the Hikaru team (hype).

I rather had the lesson with Toshi in mind.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 19, 2018 8:51 AM

Jul 2015
Imagine how different the future could have been for Daigo if he didn't get that letter, damn.

Sakura is joining the team too! Can't wait for the practice match.
May 19, 2018 9:19 AM
Mar 2015
Loved the daughter"Can I call you Dad?"
May 19, 2018 11:37 AM
Jun 2016
I wonder if some ways this is better then them doing a battery, if for what ever reason they couldn't be the battery together as Daigo isn't ready for it, or Hikaru wasn't or they couldn't change so soon, it might have destroyed Daigo, but by Hikaru leaving, it gives Daigo a goal to aim for.
May 19, 2018 1:05 PM

Apr 2013
From the title of this episode, the letter from Hikaru to Daigo should have probably been the "best" part of this episode, but I found some other parts more entertaining. While it was still a pretty decent letter with a good Hikaru montage, I already expected it and it wasn't the greatest thing ever. The girls were actually a much better highlight in this episode. I loved Izumi's reactions to Toshi and Shimizu "together".

The part with Sakura wanting to play baseball and getting permission was handled so much better in the anime than in the manga. Gave it a lot more "ooomph" and emotional impact, and showed that Sakura is interested in baseball beyond just the "boy she likes".

The next episode will definitely be entertaining and what I'm looking forward to. Sakura joining in on the training sessions is going to be excellent :D
May 19, 2018 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
Wow this episode made me remember how I liked Toshi back and thanks to that letter Daigo's motivated to play. Its nice to see Sakura's joining the team and making things interesting as S1 was. This is going to be intense from here!
May 19, 2018 5:46 PM

Jul 2009
Kay cool episode. I'm ready for a time skip now.

and aww look at Toshi raising Goro's son ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No seriously does Goro even call home?

May 19, 2018 7:51 PM

Apr 2018
A good ep to get things going again. I can't wait for next week's episode. I bet Daigo will be much more interested to play baseball if his friend Sakura is there. I'm also curious to see what will happen after the timeskip assuming we get one eventually.
May 20, 2018 10:12 AM

May 2012
The only thing I liked is seeing a female character joining

But other than that, the episode felt too slow and boring. Two episodes wasted on his friend leaving him. They need to speed up, it does not feel like watching sport anime anymore
May 20, 2018 11:23 AM

Sep 2014
thepath said:
But other than that, the episode felt too slow and boring. Two episodes wasted on his friend leaving him. They need to speed up, it does not feel like watching sport anime anymore

Motivation, fellowship and training are also important parts in sport anime. It's true that after seven episodes, we all want to see some more baseball, but this episode in particular was quite fast.
May 20, 2018 8:58 PM

Jul 2017
thepath said:
The only thing I liked is seeing a female character joining

To be fair, the actual overall series is going to be very long. So I don't mind them using episodes to showcase training and motivation building since this is the kind of stuff that will help in the long run. Just be patient. More baseball will come.
May 20, 2018 11:31 PM

Jul 2012
Ah man, this sequel is so, so good ;_;

I'm loving that every character is getting a lot of growth and focus. I want to see our golden battery again.

landofthekwt said:
Loved the daughter"Can I call you Dad?"
LOLOL she's ready to have a new MLB otou-san
May 21, 2018 9:42 PM

Jan 2013
Splitting them up this early certainly gives Daigo the motivation to strive for greatness.
Good episode, wonder when the first serious and tense baseball game will happen.
May 21, 2018 10:29 PM

Feb 2012
I really liked Hikaru's letter to Daigo. So happy Daigo's motivation to play baseball returned so quickly and was resolved in 1 episode. I'm really looking forward to seeing the legacy these two create when they eventually reunite. Also the scenes with Daigo's sister were hilarious.
Feb 22, 2019 11:49 AM

Jan 2013
Dont act so surprised Daigo, you asked for it :D
Aug 16, 2019 10:06 AM

Nov 2011
I’m happy to see Sakura get on the team. It would’ve been kinda cool if she was a pitcher herself, but I guess they already did the female pitching ace in the first series.
Sep 21, 2020 3:12 PM

Dec 2007
i don't really know if i like this turn of events so much, i mean, they worked 5 episodes to build up daigo and hikaru friendship and then destroying it in a minute for some drama? i really can't understand that, but the anime still takes my interest.

the join of sakura didn't surprise me at all, it's in the opening...

and i don't know about toshi being main character, something about him felt forced and unnatural, though being helpful and all.
Oct 22, 2021 12:26 PM

Jul 2015
Felt forced that Hikaru moved away after just a few weeks because his grandma was ill, but at least Daigo got some motivation to continue. Reminds me of Goro having to move away because Shigeno got transferred (end of s1, during the winning shot movie).

Aug 24, 2022 4:07 AM

Jan 2020
While I can feel the potential in Major 2nd, but boy, everything about the art feels so unfinished and the animation is quite mediocre at best. Sadly doesn’t look as good as that CM by HORNETS, though that was only like 15 seconds long. The anime clearly got the short end of the stick at OLM. And the character designs by Oonuki Ken`ichi, who handled the character designs from season 2 onward look odd in this season. Imo he tried to hard to make it look like a kids anime. Although, he wasn’t the chief chief animation director this time around unlike the previous seasons, which might explain why everything looks off. Apparently some episodes were contracted out to HORNETS (I doubt they were contracted for the whole season), which is cool ig.

Anyways on the the content side of things, looks like Daigo inherited his athletic skills from Kaoru lol. Izumi’s reaction this episode were pretty funny. But yeah, Toshi’s son moving away and the inclusion of Toshi feel kinda forced ngl. Hopefully they don’t try to do another rivalry like Goro and Toshi again. Also Kaoru is still best girl.
ims-tokyoAug 24, 2022 4:13 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major 2nd Episode 25 Discussion

ropiel - Sep 22, 2018

28 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Major 2nd Episode 24 Discussion

shuffleair - Sep 15, 2018

22 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 6:39 PM

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

el_morris - May 5, 2018

22 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 12:37 AM

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) Episode 4 Discussion

animejas - Apr 28, 2018

22 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 12:06 AM

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) Episode 3 Discussion

animejas - Apr 21, 2018

26 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.