Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Real Girl
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2018 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not bad actually. The OP song for the show fits with the drama-style storytelling while the animation looks decent for what it is.

I've read the manga and the first episode gave me a similar vibe although I felt this had slightly more humor imo. Iroha's a very pretty girl and she's designed in such a way.with her feminine charms. I'm also expecting plenty of kissing in this show.

Apr 3, 2018 12:15 PM

Jul 2017
It was a bit cringe but quite amusing at times.

Seems promising enough for now...as long as it steers clear of cheap drama and terrible cliches.
Suddenly, someone slaps you with a brick wall.

Apr 3, 2018 1:38 PM

Apr 2016
So this is shoujo ? I feel like the male MC is a woman here.

And the cliffhanger right in the first episode.
Apr 3, 2018 1:38 PM

Jan 2012
Well uhhh....that sure was a ton of development flags all jam packed into one episode. Pool cleaning together, she saves him from two bitches, he saves her from some karate dude, then later from shoplifting and catching a cold, not to mention three kisses! And then they start going out officially and that bombshell gets dropped. Goddamn show! You know you're allowed to pace yourself right? Funny thing is I actually read a bit of this waaaay back but remember just about none of it. Oh well, not really a bad start I guess, just hectic.
Apr 3, 2018 1:41 PM

Jan 2015
It was an ok episode I guess. It's rare that we get a couple right in the first episode. Lets see where this will go. And hope it's full adaptation, despite how is the manga itself.
Apr 3, 2018 1:43 PM

Nov 2015
is there even gonna be any anime in this? cmon at least sing a song:0

For a person who get trashed whole time, he sure keeps hes thoughts cool, idk i hate alrdy everyone/thing, if i were him i would burn it all.
Its sad when ppl can't appreciate the art though, always going about 3d and making 2d run away world instead of savior()(), just bc it can talk and make drama ><
Apr 3, 2018 1:44 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
shes pretty fucking waifu i have to say lol
Apr 3, 2018 1:56 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I was mind blown by how much happened in this episode, i like both main characters, especially her. She is definitely different and it makes her an interesting one already. I need to see more of her.

The guy is very insecure about girls and relationships but he has his heart on his sleeve.

I really, really enjoyed this.
Apr 3, 2018 1:57 PM

Mar 2010
This.. was a lot better than what I was expecting from the description. XD Kinda nice that some of the standard plot bombs were disarmed already. Immediate hookup bypasses the frequently overly long pussyfooting around the issue, six month time limit announced in advance probably means that they won't be as inclined to hold back, each of their social positions should discourage any new love triangles from sprouting, etc. Have high hopes for character development with this one now. ^^
Apr 3, 2018 2:03 PM

Jun 2015
This was a pretty decent first episode. There were some cringy moments, but also some funny ones. I like the main characters. Looks promising so far.

Apr 3, 2018 2:04 PM
Varangian Guard

Mar 2015
Another romance with male MC too soft and cringy... But I have a feeling that it could be actually quite good. Well, I haven't read manga but I got vibes of ending - she'll stay in their school despite telling us that she's transfering soon OR happy reunion in the future (university or something)... Some betrayal in the middle is very likely to come too. Still I'll watch some more eps and maybe read manga.
Apr 3, 2018 2:19 PM

Feb 2017
not bad at all early to say like most people say that if it avoids the typical drama cliches it could end really good, art style very clean :D
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Apr 3, 2018 2:28 PM

Oct 2014
It's ok, pretty cliche, but the cute kind like Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta.
I feel like it's a little carelessly written, but enjoyable enough. It was a little weird how he was stalking her then just jumped in to help. The way he stepped in to stop the abusive boyfriend was pretty great. I hope this goes in the more mutual direction because I don't think it realized how uncomfortable it was to watch at times...
Apr 3, 2018 2:32 PM

Dec 2016
So, is the girl really a slut or not? I mean, the two-timing situation in the corridors pretty much confirms it, but I'd rather be sure. There are way too many chapters to look through and there's little discussion going on about the manga in the usual places so I couldn't find any definite info and I don't want to waste my time on this show if she indeed sleeps around. Would appreciate response from manga readers.
Apr 3, 2018 2:32 PM

Jun 2014
I really liked this episode! The Otaku MC falls for the girl with the bad reputation and finds out she isn't anything like the rumors! Episode was adorable and I love the chemistry between the characters!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Apr 3, 2018 2:38 PM

Jan 2016
Woaaah a shoujo manga getting an adaptation in this year and age? Damn what a time to be alive

It was good, a lot happened in the first episode which isn't bad by any means. Don't like the MC but I don't hate him either, I like the girl though. Should be an interesting anime, whelp my list of spring 2018 just keeps on growing.
Apr 3, 2018 2:42 PM

Sep 2015
readher said:
So, is the girl really a slut or not? I mean, the two-timing situation in the corridors pretty much confirms it, but I'd rather be sure. There are way too many chapters to look through and there's little discussion going on about the manga in the usual places so I couldn't find any definite info and I don't want to waste my time on this show if she indeed sleeps around. Would appreciate response from manga readers.

I would like to know too, can someone give that spoiler?
Apr 3, 2018 3:00 PM

Dec 2017
well, just exactly like the manga, everything is poured in introduction. i’ll say this is a faithful opening.

looking that there’s a live action for it, i guess they will not fully adapted it and just using it for promotional purpose only which is very dissapointing, or they will rush which will never be good, because their development only moves forward after this.

the artstyle is pretty nice, not like the manga but still nice, the manga artstyle is really the ultimate shoujo artstyle.

shiro_kai said:
readher said:
So, is the girl really a slut or not?

I would like to know too, can someone give that spoiler?

i can say yes and no, well this is your typical girl with goodlooking faces that hates when people just only chase her for her beauty, so she just go along whenever a boy asked her out, without have any feeling towards it, maybe you can call it slut, or not, up to you. and then there’s this boy Hikari and the development starts here, to be honest Iroha is very faithful towards Hikari if you ask me. the problem in the manga is not even about other boys, more like Hikari doubts and fear towards losing Iroha, and also development of Hikari as an otaku and a pathetic human being for finding friend.

i assure you that there’s no cuck in here, that’s why they hit us with all the development right in the first episode, because the story is focused on their development of being a couple, and also Hikari friend’s development later on. and all sort of interesting stuff that i doubt will be adapted if it’s only 12 ep unless they rushed this
InukanuraApr 3, 2018 4:19 PM
Apr 3, 2018 3:01 PM

Oct 2017
I had higher expectations, this sort of let me down. There were quite a few cringy moments.
Apr 3, 2018 3:05 PM

Dec 2016
Inukanura said:

i can say yes and no, well this is your typical girl with goodlooking faces that hates when people just only chase her for her beauty, so she just go along whenever a boy asked her out, without have any feeling towards it, maybe you can call it slut, or not, up to you.

Well, did she sleep with any of them or not?

And God, how I hate characters (and by extension people) with that mentality. "Well, this guy clearly doesn't care about anything but my looks, but I have no standards and morality, so despite the fact I could pick almost anyone I want I'll settle on a trash like him just because he approached me.". I really don't know what goes through heads of such people.
Apr 3, 2018 3:05 PM

Jul 2015
The pacing felt pretty damn fast, maybe just to reach that point by the end of the episode.

Definitely some cringe going on but I can't deny it made me laugh with it, I will see if I can handle much of the shoujo drama for what I have already seen in this episode, but so far it was an alright, Iroha grabs my attention, she's interesting.
Apr 3, 2018 3:07 PM

Aug 2014
this was the most forced way to start a series, shitty drama, A shitty MC and a slutty heroine with bad personality, it couldn't have been worse tbh.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Apr 3, 2018 3:08 PM

Sep 2016
"slutty girl who dress like slut, act like slut and very easy with men but actually pure who only in love with self-insert-kun" seems to be really popular lately.
lame
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 3, 2018 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
Not a masterpiece but not trash, i kinda like it, i like how they draw Iroha, the magical girl support and the anime shit is way too cliche tough
Apr 3, 2018 3:17 PM

May 2017
It's not bad, but too damn fast. I hope this episode is just to establish their relationship. They really need to slow down the pacing starting from the next episode.
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Apr 3, 2018 3:18 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty ok start, I actually didn't plan on watching this at all... yet here I am... It has gotten my attention for now!

Apr 3, 2018 3:23 PM

Dec 2017
readher said:
Inukanura said:

i can say yes and no, well this is your typical girl with goodlooking faces that hates when people just only chase her for her beauty, so she just go along whenever a boy asked her out, without have any feeling towards it, maybe you can call it slut, or not, up to you.

And God, how I hate characters (and by extension people) with that mentality. "Well, this guy clearly doesn't care about anything but my looks, but I have no standards and morality, so despite the fact I could pick almost anyone I want I'll settle on a trash like him just because he approached me.". I really don't know what goes through heads of such people.

no she’s not sleeping with any other boys. no sleeping happening until later chapter. well if they do adapt it, we will see Hikari struggle for holding his freaking lust.

yeah, that kind of girl is weird actually, but for this, i will say Iroha is pretty good, their relationship is getting better because the problem lies the fact that she only has 6 months left in school
InukanuraApr 3, 2018 4:18 PM
Apr 3, 2018 3:26 PM
Mar 2018
Can't say that this was the best of first episodes, neither the worst. I was mildly entertained for the majority of the episode but found some scenes to be sort of cringey because there were a few moments where the anime decided to force in some anime trope or convention that felt out of place.

The pacing of the episode was very fast, already jumping into the love interest and presenting a few conflicts regarding Iroha's character, but overall, it was a decent watch.
Apr 3, 2018 3:26 PM

Sep 2015
Inukanura said:
readher said:

no she’s not sleeping with any other boys. no sleeping happening until later chapter. well if they do adapt it, we will see Higarashi struggle for holding his freaking lust.

yeah, that kind of girl is weird actually, but for this, i will say Iroha is pretty good, their relationship is getting better because the problem lies the fact that she only has 6 months left in school

So would you say she is 99% virgin or 100% virgin?
Apr 3, 2018 3:34 PM

Apr 2009
Ugh, gross. Watching this felt like I stepped back into my angsty teen years when I read Mars and other forcefully romantic titles on the regular. Character designs are alright, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to tolerate the characters themselves though. If this show ever gives me a reason to care, though, I might get invested. That drop at the end wasn't encouraging.
Apr 3, 2018 3:37 PM

Dec 2017
shiro_kai said:

probably 99%, because theres no mention about she’s doing something with other boys in the manga, so i guess it’s up to our imagination whether she sleeps or not.

Apr 3, 2018 3:42 PM

Jun 2017
looks like a contemporary shojo romance played straight, except for that fact that there's a male lead instead of a female one. It's probably only going to be okay at best, but trashy romance anime is right up my alley so I'm satisfied.

The story is shaping up actually pretty nicely, the only glaring problem I had with it was the one-dimensionality of the antagonistic characters. Oh yeah, and also that the soundtrack is pretty lackluster, especially with the OP (it's so bad it almost ruined my meal).

At best, it could probably only be a 7/10 but I guess I'll see; it was interesting enough for me to consider watching to completion.
Snot-nosed_BratApr 3, 2018 3:47 PM
Apr 3, 2018 3:47 PM

Mar 2016
This shit is pretty bad. This dude is kind of funny, but the hero shit is just too over the top (they could have gotten the same point across in a number of more creative ways). I like that the backgrounds aren't photo-realistic, I guess.
syncrogazerApr 3, 2018 4:10 PM
Apr 3, 2018 4:11 PM

Dec 2016
Inukanura said:

i can say yes and no, well this is your typical girl with goodlooking faces that hates when people just only chase her for her beauty, so she just go along whenever a boy asked her out, without have any feeling towards it, maybe you can call it slut, or not, up to you. and then there’s this boy Higarashi and the development starts here, to be honest Iroha is very faithful towards Higarashi if you ask me. the problem in the manga is not even about other boys, more like Higarashi doubts and fear towards losing Iroha, and also development of Higarashi as an otaku and a pathetic human being for finding friend.

i assure you that there’s no cuck in here, that’s why they hit us with all the development right in the first episode, because the story is focused on their development of being a couple, and also Higarashi friend’s development later on. and all sort of interesting stuff that i doubt will be adapted if it’s only 12 ep unless they rushed this

Btw who is Higarashi? Main Male MC? if it's main male MC, isn't his name is Tsutsui Hikari?
Apr 3, 2018 4:16 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Not the best of first encounters for the two main characters huh. Both characters seem pretty similar to each other in terms of personality though. Man those former classmates sure are annoying but Iroha's way of dealing with them was nice. Despite his aversion to interaction with people he was brave in trying to help Iroha though. Wow that request came out of nowhere. Still it seems that the stalking proved to be useful to prove her innocence. An interesting first episode that did well to introduce the main characters. Learning to overcome your fear by going out with a girl huh an interesting idea.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2018 4:17 PM

Dec 2017
HiddenArmy said:

Btw who is Higarashi? Main Male MC? if it's main male MC, isn't his name is Tsutsui Hikari?

oh shit my bad, i mistake it with the female name Igarashi with H, gonna edit all of it then
Apr 3, 2018 4:25 PM

Sep 2015
Inukanura said:
shiro_kai said:

probably 99%, because theres no mention about she’s doing something with other boys in the manga, so i guess it’s up to our imagination whether she sleeps or not.

Also this discussion remembers me this gif

shiro_kaiApr 3, 2018 4:51 PM
Apr 3, 2018 4:40 PM

May 2015
Not bad, that was actually quite enjoyable. The girl's an interesting character so far in my opinion, wonder what's her story. She's quite unusual.

So far, so good. Hopefully the quality of this show remains consistent, unlike Märchen Mädchen, which Hoods Entertainment worked on before this.

Apr 3, 2018 5:17 PM

Nov 2016
Well,that was a pretty fast start and that in more than one aspect.

Iroha seems like a strong contender for best girl of the season, I love her blunt "I don't give a fuck attitude".

4/5 very nice start overall.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 3, 2018 5:23 PM

Sep 2015
Followed the manga way before an anime was even announced but lol I feel like this is gonna be even worse than the manga
Apr 3, 2018 5:25 PM

Jan 2015
For a first episode, without any familiarity with the source material, I like the overall look and vibe to this one... From the cringeworthy bullying, to both Iroha's and Tsutsui's helping each other out. It kind of feels like what the abhorant Aku no Hana should've been; Two polar opposite people, one outgoing and devil may care, the other straight laced and reserved. She'll help him to open up and be more outgoing and confident, while his sincerity and affection for her might influence her to dial things back a little, so she isn't always getting into trouble and living up to her less than savory reputation. That's the vibe I get, at least. And I'm on board to see if that is, in fact, where it is going to go. The pathos and emotional undercurrent really grabs me.
sXebluesApr 3, 2018 5:29 PM
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Apr 3, 2018 5:36 PM

Mar 2012
I enjoyed it. The cringy male lead was kinda entertaining. Let's see where this goes.
Apr 3, 2018 5:37 PM

Nov 2017
I quite like that episode,it was funny in places,but also,for some reason,it felt calming,idkw,just felt,thats weird,I don't know how to describe it,felt weirdly reassuring I guess.Oh well,enough emotion,time to go back to being the cold,indifferent person I usually am.
Apr 3, 2018 5:42 PM

Dec 2015
I honestly didn't like it at all so far. The characters were pretty unlikeable to me, their relationship seemed forced, and the overall plot didn't catch my interest. u n u
Hopefully it will improve later on. I'll stick around I guess.
Apr 3, 2018 5:54 PM

Oct 2017
Seems decent. Well, I just hope that it won't have a sad ending. I mean the "I'm changing schools in half-a-year thing.

(Haven't read the manga so IDK^^)
"Your sins shall be paid with blood!" ~Cadis Etrama Di Raizel
Apr 3, 2018 6:03 PM

Apr 2017
The character designs are nice I suppose but their personalities are unlikeable. The boy is an otaku and mostly avoids social life according to the Synopsis then he says he has never been late in 3 years and prides himself on studying really leads him to be an unrealistic character. The girl is described as bitter and I actually like that personality but then becomes this sweet girl right when he meets the MC.

Seems kinda odd
Apr 3, 2018 6:09 PM

Dec 2010
It was ok but it seems a bit rushed.
Apr 3, 2018 6:12 PM

Jan 2011
what is pacing!? how many chapters was this it felt like half a dozen lol

i dunno feels kinda of wack with most of the dialogue feeling super dated ,but Iroha seems like a good lead with all her boldness but not a fan if she actually is a sloot
Apr 3, 2018 6:17 PM

Feb 2015
Yea, my low expectations are so far met, though I am curious how much it will adapt.

That aside, the manga / anime world really needs to get rid of that trope where someone stands in front of a person, arms spread like their fucking Hohenheim in the FMAB finale. It's so damn cringey unless you're actually physically protecting them.
Apr 3, 2018 6:31 PM

Jun 2015
I expected hot garbage, or another Citrus, what I got was a fucking gold mine of memes, and just a touch of bonerific, sexy talking. This is some Pop Team level memes.

First off, MC girl, I don't even remember her name, but her savagery and willingness to just get naked at a whim is appreciated. Calling someone fugly though? I don't even know why it's funny, it just fuckin' is. And the wizard thing? My brain was so torn between cringe and confusion that it just became hilarious, fuck it! This chick is a sex bomb of dickery and lack of fucks given, I fucking love it.

Like, jesus christ, the dude was stalking her, and that apparently turns her crank!?!? She's down with this? It does't even make sense, the idiot shot her down at first, and now she's cool with stalking. Fuck his stupid friend with ears though, I actually want to punch him; his self-loathing is like 2 steps 2 far, and I hope he gets bullied. MC bro though, just, despite being a weird fuck with abysmal levels of game or confidence, he gets to make out with this chick twice in one episode, and gets the girlfriend. Ridiculous, and amazing, this whole thing is stupid fun.

That scene though where MC girl power plays the MC bro at the lockers, and that "I'll take that cold" line and that look, god damn I was full mast. That was the sexiest, "I don't give a shit how sick you are, I want to ram my tongue down your throat," in anime I've seen in a while.

69/10, what Citrus should have been, would watch again. I'm out.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

31 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 21, 6:11 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

19 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 21, 5:47 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 10 Discussion

10 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 21, 4:08 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 9 Discussion

13 by samekenne »»
Jan 9, 5:51 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

105 by bakakisima »»
Jan 8, 10:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.