Forum Settings
Forums

Broadcast of TV Anime 'Märchen Mädchen' Suspended

New
Mar 26, 2018 11:05 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the Märchen Mädchen TV anime announced on Tuesday that the broadcast of the series will be temporarily suspended. The tenth episode, which is scheduled to air on Thursday, March 29, will mark the "end" of the anime on program guides. Broadcast information regarding episodes 11 and 12 will be announced at a later date.

Märchen Mädchen adapts the fantasy light novel series of the same title, which is based on original plans drafted by late author Tomohiro Matsu (Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!). StoryWorks, a writing company Matsu helped found, has been publishing the light novels with illustrations by Kantoku (Imouto sae Ireba Ii.) since last February. Shueisha plans to publish the fourth volume on April 25.

The anime adaptation produced by Hoods Entertainment began airing this past January, however, delayed its broadcast of episode nine for two weeks to improve the animation quality in early March. A rerun of the first two episodes filled the show's timeslot, and the ninth episode aired on March 22.

Source: Official Twitter

Mar 26, 2018 11:08 PM

Apr 2016
Well, damn, guess there are also other problems in the production.
Mar 26, 2018 11:12 PM

Sep 2015
Huh. Well, that doesn't really surprise me as much as it probably should. With how much of a shitshow the animation in this anime was even BEFORE they took a two-week break only to release one of most poorly made episodes I've ever seen in my life, I've always considered it a possibility that Hoods Entertainment might just cut their losses and bin the whole thing. But still, damn, this makes even the guys over at Actas studio seem on the ball when it comes to having a release-schedule, lol.
Mar 26, 2018 11:26 PM

Feb 2013
As expected lol. There's a great text from sakugablog about the state of the production with statements of the employees by Kvin
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2018/03/24/marchen-madchen-a-production-postmortem/
Mar 26, 2018 11:27 PM
Aug 2017
dunkan85 said:
Huh. Well, that doesn't really surprise me as much as it probably should. With how much of a shitshow the animation in this anime was even BEFORE they took a two-week break only to release one of most poorly made episodes I've ever seen in my life, I've always considered it a possibility that Hoods Entertainment might just cut their losses and bin the whole thing. But still, damn, this makes even the guys over at Actas studio seem on the ball when it comes to having a release-schedule, lol.

The worst part is that Hoods actually has another anime coming out next season (3D Kanojo), coupled along with the horrific management issues they have. Maybe they are focusing more on that project, but seeing the studio fall off so hard makes it harder to look into the quality of that series.
Mar 26, 2018 11:29 PM

Aug 2016
Well, this series has been a trash fire from start to "finish". Shame, too, since I thought it could have been a nice one.
Mar 26, 2018 11:29 PM

Dec 2011
You've got to feel sorry for the original creators (yes I know Tomohiro Matsu is no longer with us but it's an insult to his legacy) and the fans when you get a trainwreck-tier adaptation attempt like this.
kuuderes_shadowMar 26, 2018 11:35 PM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 26, 2018 11:39 PM
Jan 2014
I hope they're able to get things sorted out and finish the show eventually. Maybe the BD versions of the eps will fix a lot of the problems.
Mar 26, 2018 11:41 PM

Aug 2014
kuuderes_shadow said:
You've got to feel sorry for the original creators (yes I know Tomohiro Matsu is no longer with us but it's an insult to his legacy) and the fans when you get a trainwreck-tier adaptation attempt like this.

It's like a real-world reenactment of the anime production in Gi(a)rlish Number, only worse.

I don't think people realise anything yet.
I felt bad to the original author, i think it's supposed to be a commemorative adaptation but it doesn't go as expected.

Should've gone OVA/ONA..
Mar 26, 2018 11:47 PM
Mar 2010
I haven't watched Marchen and I probably won't since its not my kind of anime, but I am now seriously worried about 3D Kanojo coming out next season because shoujo anime usually get low budgets as it is and then you see something like this happening and...all I can do is pray.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 26, 2018 11:47 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm unusual indeed
Was the animation quality that bad or something
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2018 12:06 AM
Jul 2018
YIKES. This must have sucked so much to be fairly honest. I haven't caught up to it (yet) but... I've seen a lot and multiple complaints on the episode and it has gotten to the point of their own creators not wanting to even acknowledge they have worked on it.

I mean granted I'm sure they didn't mean it with malicious intent because as far as I've gotten they were trying to make things work... but because of bad agreements and cancelled contracts etc, it makes things impossible for them to work with it with little resource.

Shingster said:
Hmm unusual indeed

From what I've gotten, the episode that was criticized (episode 9) was so bad that its actually abnormal with any production mess. It's very apparent that they're struggling through production, with that in mind there's evidence because of this blog on sakugabooru:

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2018/03/24/marchen-madchen-a-production-postmortem/

If anyone wants to read it you guys can give it a shot to get the idea what's going on since they go in detail behind the scenes within production.

Xaelath said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

It's like a real-world reenactment of the anime production in Gi(a)rlish Number, only worse.

I felt bad to the original author, i think it's supposed to be a commemorative adaptation but it doesn't go as expected.

Should've gone OVA/ONA..

As far as I've gotten this was supposed to be a commemorate thing for the author but before he even passed away they did had the idea of making the adaption a thing. I believe.

Note: I noticed someone linked the blog before me LAWL. Sorry. xD
removed-userMar 27, 2018 12:10 AM
Mar 27, 2018 12:11 AM

Jan 2015
guys stop attacking poor anime and the studio and staff, its life, it happens, smiley face :) be positive, i'm sure they are feeling ever worse than you, loyal and devoted fans are :)
Mar 27, 2018 12:16 AM
Jul 2018
Hirugiku said:
guys stop attacking poor anime and the studio and staff, its life, it happens, smiley face :) be positive, i'm sure they are feeling ever worse than you, loyal and devoted fans are :)

So far really nobody as far as that goes is going on the staff's case for it. Really this was all out of sheer bad luck for them unfortunately.

kuuderes_shadow said:

Granted I still like the series but when there's so much mess going on behind the scenes you can't help but feel a bit of sadness because of that. Everyone including the original creator (who passed away as stated) in here.

Not even Rewrite was that bad when it comes to production problems and that series at least attempted to maintain SOME consistency to an certain extent. This really didn't happened to the show in the end.
Mar 27, 2018 12:30 AM
Dec 2013
Shame. I feel for the creators.
Mar 27, 2018 12:44 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Now that explains why the 2 week break made the show even worse, worse than Orange episode 9. Despite that I'm still optimistic that 3D Kanojo will not end up the same fate as what happened to Märchen Mädchen.
Mar 27, 2018 12:52 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I feel sad for the late author.
Mar 27, 2018 1:05 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Wasshio said:
YIKES. This must have sucked so much to be fairly honest. I haven't caught up to it (yet) but... I've seen a lot and multiple complaints on the episode and it has gotten to the point of their own creators not wanting to even acknowledge they have worked on it.

I mean granted I'm sure they didn't mean it with malicious intent because as far as I've gotten they were trying to make things work... but because of bad agreements and cancelled contracts etc, it makes things impossible for them to work with it with little resource.

Shingster said:
Hmm unusual indeed

From what I've gotten, the episode that was criticized (episode 9) was so bad that its actually abnormal with any production mess. It's very apparent that they're struggling through production, with that in mind there's evidence because of this blog on sakugabooru:

If anyone wants to read it you guys can give it a shot to get the idea what's going on since they go in detail behind the scenes within production.

Xaelath said:

Should've gone OVA/ONA..

As far as I've gotten this was supposed to be a commemorate thing for the author but before he even passed away they did had the idea of making the adaption a thing. I believe.

Note: I noticed someone linked the blog before me LAWL. Sorry. xD

Though this isn't a series that i chose to cover this season its still sad to see an anime suffer like this due to the actions of the studio responsible. Hopefully they will be able to sort it out and make it worthy for the anime's late creator.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2018 3:01 AM

May 2015
Not surprising, and probably the best choice. Their production's been hell from the very beginning to say the least.

Makes me wonder how their upcoming 3D Kanojo will end up, though.
ReverberateMar 27, 2018 3:05 AM

Mar 27, 2018 4:09 AM

Sep 2016
is this Jiggly Jiggly Heaven irl? lmao
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 27, 2018 4:55 AM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
Again? Seriously?! Well... at least the preview for episode 10 looked OK, so, if they dont f*** up like they did with episode 9, it should be ok...

Just read the blog article, well... hopefully the problems with the studio won't affect 3D Kanojo.. hopefully..
Klefki_of_AwsomeMar 27, 2018 5:07 AM
Mar 27, 2018 5:53 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Marchen Madchen be like

wtf? LMAO
Mar 27, 2018 7:35 AM

Sep 2013
Hazuki doesn't deserve this :'(
I hope they still do the last 2 ep.
Mar 27, 2018 7:58 AM

Nov 2008
Even Regalia finished it's run, what's going on?

Mar 27, 2018 9:22 AM

Apr 2009
Looks like Hoods Ent. had abandoned their tables,abandoned their posts and abandoned their hope for making Marchen a good anime and this was their only move to suspend the show
Prankster_001Mar 27, 2018 2:43 PM
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Mar 27, 2018 11:32 AM

Oct 2010
I may have made the right choice opting to read 3D Kanojo later instead of watching the show. Animators are anime fans too, they hate to put out bad work but only so much is humanly possible, especially when you're already sleep-deprived and completely exhausted.

dunkan85 said:
But still, damn, this makes even the guys over at Actas studio seem on the ball when it comes to having a release-schedule, lol.

Assuming 11 and 12 do come out before July, this actually matches the Actas pattern:

Girls und Panzer, episode 6 delayed, episodes 11 and 12 postponed from December 2012 to March 2013
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-12-15/girls-and-panzer-delays-episode-no.11-tentatively-until-march
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-14/girls-und-panzer-delayed-11th-episode-preview-streamed

Long Riders, episodes 3 and 5 delayed, episodes 11 and 12 postponed from December 2016 to February 2017
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-08/long-riders-tv-anime-last-2-episodes-delayed-until-february/.109635

Regalia: episodes 5-12 delayed from August-September to October-November 2016 (1-4 were rerun in September)
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-27/regalia-anime-halts-broadcast-after-episode-4-will-restart-airing-in-september/.104753

Actas is pretty much my favorite studio. :D Their stuff tends to be worth waiting for.
Mar 27, 2018 2:27 PM

Jun 2015
kuuderes_shadow said:

I definitely agree.

Mar 27, 2018 2:50 PM

Apr 2016
I hope the tenth episode wont have poor animations but most likely, it wont happen.
Mar 27, 2018 2:54 PM

Feb 2017
kuuderes_shadow said:

yeah i feel very sorry for him, shame that it wont get all 12 episodes and i hope that MAL corrects the database so i can set it to completed once ep 10 is aired lol
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Mar 27, 2018 2:55 PM

Feb 2017
Vindstot said:
The official website of the Märchen Mädchen TV anime announced on Tuesday that the broadcast of the series will be temporarily suspended. The tenth episode, which is scheduled to air on Thursday, March 29, will mark the "end" of the anime on program guides. Broadcast information regarding episodes 11 and 12 will be announced at a later date.

Märchen Mädchen adapts the fantasy light novel series of the same title, which is based on original plans drafted by late author Tomohiro Matsu (Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!). StoryWorks, a writing company Matsu helped found, has been publishing the light novels with illustrations by Kantoku (Imouto sae Ireba Ii.) since last February. Shueisha plans to publish the fourth volume on April 25.

The anime adaptation produced by Hoods Entertainment began airing this past January, however, delayed its broadcast of episode nine for two weeks to improve the animation quality in early March. A rerun of the first two episodes filled the show's timeslot, and the ninth episode aired on March 22.

Source: Official Twitter

Would it be possible for you or someone at MAL to change the number of episodes on "https://myanimelist.net/anime/35997/M%C3%A4rchen_M%C3%A4dchen" so that when the 10th episode airs that i can set it to completed?
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Mar 27, 2018 3:38 PM

Oct 2010
@Ryuuryota That's not how it works in cases like this. The show hasn't been canceled (yet); it's been "temporarily suspended" and "Broadcast information regarding episodes 11 and 12 will be announced at a later date." When the same thing happened with the last two episodes of Girls und Panzer and Long Riders (see my post above), they weren't split off into separate entries; only the airing dates had to be updated once the final episode's airdate was known. Until then, you can either leave the show as Watching, or set it On Hold/Dropped.
Mar 27, 2018 3:46 PM

Feb 2017
nDroae said:
@Ryuuryota That's not how it works in cases like this. The show hasn't been canceled (yet); it's been "temporarily suspended" and "Broadcast information regarding episodes 11 and 12 will be announced at a later date." When the same thing happened with the last two episodes of Girls und Panzer and Long Riders (see my post above), they weren't split off into separate entries; only the airing dates had to be updated once the final episode's airdate was known. Until then, you can either leave the show as Watching, or set it On Hold/Dropped.

Ahh, thank you for clearing that up, i misinterpreted it as the show will only have 10 episodes and that's the end of it. Hopefully they can sort out the problems fast so i can get my closure, but it sounds like there was some serious problems in the studios
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Mar 28, 2018 3:19 AM

Nov 2014
Oh well, good I decided to wait for it to finish before watching.
Mar 28, 2018 7:36 AM
Mar 2018
These days when you start watching an anime you don't know if you will be able to finish it...
Mar 28, 2018 11:34 AM

Jan 2018
I hope they will improve it better for sure. Kabuto wishes!
Mar 28, 2018 1:46 PM

Nov 2014
Episode 9 which we waited two weeks for to "improve the animations" had some of the worst animation I've seen in an anime, it was actually pretty hilarious which incidentally made it the best episode of the series because at least I wasn't bored. This really sucks for people who were enjoying the series though, the show is apparently a favorite of 24 people so I feel bad that they have to put up with all this.
Forum Signature
Mar 29, 2018 7:27 AM

Mar 2010
Wasshio said:
Hirugiku said:

So far really nobody as far as that goes is going on the staff's case for it. Really this was all out of sheer bad luck for them unfortunately.

kuuderes_shadow said:

Granted I still like the series but when there's so much mess going on behind the scenes you can't help but feel a bit of sadness because of that. Everyone including the original creator (who passed away as stated) in here.

Not even Rewrite was that bad when it comes to production problems and that series at least attempted to maintain SOME consistency to an certain extent. This really didn't happened to the show in the end.

Stuff remind me that even more than funding time management is so important. Had the show been properly planned or even just pushed back a lot of this could have been avoid.
Mar 29, 2018 1:40 PM
Sep 2010
Ohh I actually hoped that the rest of the series would be released normally after episode 10 since the animation was fixed but I guess not :/ This is just sad.
Mar 29, 2018 5:00 PM
Aug 2009
Aww was enjoying this anime. hopefully it comes back better than ever!
Mar 31, 2018 12:23 AM

Nov 2009
Well, I'm not surprised. But whatever, the series started losing its magic for me somehow anyway.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Mar 31, 2018 2:51 PM

Oct 2010
@Ryuuryota My apologies, since the show has in fact been changed to "finished" at 10 episodes as you suggested it would, meaning that episodes 11 and 12 may be listed as a separate anime if and when they come out. Or perhaps this listing will be edited back to 12 episodes, they can do that too.
Mar 31, 2018 4:28 PM
Jul 2018
That's too bad...

There aren't many anime with military girls in Germany.

Oh wait, there is.
Apr 3, 2018 12:37 AM

May 2017
Jesus though. I started this and expected something, but I'm glad I dropped it early on. How fucking sad
Apr 3, 2018 6:23 AM
Jul 2018
Looks like I’ll now need to take this off my queue/watchlist then until further notice *Le sigh*
May 3, 2018 10:41 PM

Nov 2007
A leak (this month's issue officially released today) revealed that both eps will broadcast this month
http://yusaani.com/l-ma/t-me/maerchen-anime/2018/05/03/478863/
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 4, 2018 2:10 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I feel like I haven’t seen an anime production go this off the rails in a long time. It seems to have garnered a fan rally behind it but this one was at the bottom of the season for a reason.
May 4, 2018 4:33 AM
Dec 2017
You know, it's funny that this anime is related to Imouto sae Ireba Ii, because it constantly reminds me of the other guy, Haruto, who makes an anime off his light novel and it ends up getting bad rep and being terrible. It's almost as if they were playing into their own hand.
May 23, 2018 2:24 AM

Nov 2007
Official website has announced that ep.11 and 12 will be available in December (the way to make both ep. available are not yet decided).
Ep.6, 7, 9 will also be improved, so the volumes releasing these eps. will be delayed.
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/283414
tsubasaloverMay 23, 2018 3:55 AM
Jan 15, 2019 12:45 AM

Nov 2007
Delayed again for after Spring 2019
http://www.ota-suke.jp/news/235215

More topics from this board

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by malvarez1 »»
1 hour ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

19 by BirdyTheMighty »»
4 hours ago

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses

Snow - Apr 5

2 by alpha_shadow »»
8 hours ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
10 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.