Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 26, 2018 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Yaichi is able to talk to Ginko again and I suppose they are on better terms now...

As for shogi, it's his chance to redeem himself. Felt very rushed though for the finale. I wasn't expecting much but still feel underwhelmed. This was also probably one of Yaichi's toughest match yet so it was saved for the finale.

One of the slightly better episodes imo but that doesn't say that much. I found this anime to be pretty underwhelming in the end.
Mar 26, 2018 7:34 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice that after realising the worry that Ai and the others showed for him has calmed Yaichi down. This is a match that is watched intently by all of Yaichi's friends and fellow shogi players.To think that the Mejjin thought that deep into the game though. Being motivated by the words and thoughts of his friends and disciples was a nice touch though. Ginko and Ai's struggles are as hillarious as ever. Man what a thrilling match but its nice to see Yaichi win as well as see all the happy reactions from his friends and allies that cheered him on. Having the whole support cast join them for sakura viewing was a great way to end the show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2018 7:40 AM
Nov 2017
I wanted to see Yaichi's apology to Ginko. I didn't get it. Booooo. :p
Mar 26, 2018 7:56 AM
Oct 2017
do not show the apology to Ginkgo, and throughout the anime Ginko was underestimated, very sad it :(
Mar 26, 2018 8:04 AM

Sep 2017
I kinda feel like the apology to Ginko was cut. That was an important part to the story and I can't believe they seriously took it off.

The anime was atleast not lacking in its loli jokes, but there is literally not much you can expect from this anime. Atleast it was fun in the shogi battles, so there's that.

Not hyped for season 2. Not that there will be one anyway.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Mar 26, 2018 8:20 AM
Mar 2018
very disappointng final episode. the show treated ginko very poorly and didn't even include the apology. the last 3 games weren't even shown, although the 4th match was very intense. should have been a 24 episode series and many characters need further development. some characters don't even go past having a name. although i find Ai cute, it's unrealistic and hard to accept that the show is trying to push a relationship betwwen them. the only way it can redeem itself now is with a second season
Mar 26, 2018 8:28 AM

Dec 2010
Not a bad serie but it feel a promo for the novel, and of course a second season is unlikely. A bit of a waste but a very popular light novel like this deserved an anime nontheless.

4/5 overall. The battles with Ai were the best.
Mar 26, 2018 8:31 AM

Aug 2014
It was a fine episode, i felt the cringe a lot but it was fine, a 7/10, I will miss those characters and amazing designs tbh, I doubt it will get a 2nd season but I hope it does get one.
also WHERE IS THE APOLOGIZING SCENE?!!!!!! was there one in the novel anyway?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 26, 2018 8:35 AM

Jun 2015
What a disappointing finale, it felt rushed and didn't get to see Yaichi's apology to Ginko. The shogi match was okay. Not a good show overall. 2/10
Mar 26, 2018 8:46 AM

Sep 2008
I guess this was an OK show, nothing special though. If they didn't include the loli bait, the viewership might have only been people who play shoji lol.

It's a little unrealistic that he ended up beating the Meijin 4 times in a row but we got our happy ending.

I admit I knew nothing about shoji and now I feel I know a little about it. Just a little.

5/10
Mar 26, 2018 9:09 AM
Sep 2010
The fourth game is based on this controversial mate problem which indicates a hole of shogi rules.
Famous Mate Problems: "The Last Judgement"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEcJoF5SrsY
Mar 26, 2018 9:36 AM

Jul 2014
I liked the match, it was very intense and kept me expectant. But then he won the other three games and that's it? Happy ending? That was disappointing, as disappointing as there was no scene of Yaichi apologizing to Ginko. Poor girl, she's labeled as main character, but to me she seemed more like a side character who didn't even get an apology at the end. And I know this show is about lolis, but I really wish they'd focused more on characters like Ginko or Keika :/

I didn't like the last few episodes very much, but anyway, it was a fun show.

SkyLETVMar 26, 2018 8:20 PM
Mar 26, 2018 9:58 AM

May 2009
xxmbmxx said:
It's a little unrealistic that he ended up beating the Meijin 4 times in a row but we got our happy ending.

It really happened though. (in a Meijin vs Ryuuou match for the Ryuuou's title.)
I mean, this can happen. ^^
Mar 26, 2018 10:12 AM
Mar 2016
Ko. ko. lo. ko.ko.ko.kooooo, Shit I jaz hate it when a kid wins over an adult
Mar 26, 2018 10:23 AM
Jan 2017
With every last bit of courage and determination, Yaichi manages to get one last win before the series ends. I found Yaichi's means to victory pretty clichéd and predictable but I guess that's par the course for a show about a hobby that gets treated like an Olympic sport. As it turns out, the shogi party we see here is actually the one in the opening credits. What a surprise. The ending isn't perfect or extraordinary but at least it's satisfying.
Mar 26, 2018 10:45 AM

Oct 2011
It was a good episode although I don't like how they skipped the next 3 matches as if it were easy after this. I understand why they did it, but it was still too fast

Mar 26, 2018 11:20 AM

Sep 2015
Ryuuou No Oshigoto! Overall Impressions:

I learned about Ryuuou no Oshigoto through the Anime Man’s video interview of the light novel author last year. I do not remember much of what he said back, but I do remember the way the light novel author explained his series to the interviewer had me curious about shogi in general and had me very optimistic that Ryuuou no Oshigoto could be a surprise hit of the Winter 2018 season, despite the anime’s typical/average looking promotional material. I gave the anime the chance, and I was surprised!

Ryuuou no Oshigoto is a very straightforward series about a shogi master Yaichi, who wants to dominate the shogi world with his mad skills. From that point, Yaichi recruits many really young female shogi players like Ai Hinatsuru and Ai Yashajin to aid in his long quest to become the #1 shogi player. With that kind of premise, you would expect this anime to falter and focus on fan-service for 3/4th of each episode.

Surprisingly, the plot is very focused on progression. The anime centers its attention on shogi games, mainly utilizing the aspect for substantial character development and tension. Although I had no knowledge about shogi, watching each match unfold felt really engaging thanks to the decent build-up of character conflict that Yaichi and his disciples face. The loll shenanigans are rare. When ‘fan-service’ is present, it is executed in a way that is genuinely funny and adorable as hell, serving as a good method for rewarding viewers after an intense match of shogi.

There are many memorable moments within the anime, but I do have one major complaint that has less to do with its story, but more on how the anime adaptation utilizes its 1-cour time. The way some events progressed felt a bit jarring. It feels like the adaptation as a whole only does the minimum job, focusing on rushing to the most important story events in the light novel. This is a problem for me, because for every side-character (Not counting Yaichi, the Ais, and Keika) that gets the center of attention, the character is rarely utilized again in the story and I hardly get the chance to see their back-stories explored to make me care for them. Char, Ayano, and Mio are the biggest victims, as they never got the time to develop at all and more-so acted as loli comedy relief. We hardly see Yaichi teaching his other young disciples and his relationship with each of them. That got me somewhat disappointed.

Not that it makes the anime mediocre, as Ryuuou no Oshigoto was still extremely enjoyable to watch and it got me interested in shogi in general (It also got me to buy the light novels too). It is that if this anime had been a two-cour, I would not have felt as conflicted. I am going to conclude that the anime adaptation is a serviceable way to get into the series, but it serves more as a sample demo than being a fully fleshed out adaptation. I am hoping that BookWalker continues the English digital release of the light novel after the anime airing, because I need MORE Ai Hinatsuru and shogi in my life!
Mar 26, 2018 11:20 AM

Aug 2013
not even joking but this show is one anime of this season that I actually enjoy the most, esp the shogi battle part with epic ost
s2 when
Mar 26, 2018 11:53 AM

Sep 2013
Intense match even though I'm brainlet that can't understand shogi yet.
Ai was super cute too 9/10
Mar 26, 2018 12:11 PM

Dec 2014
Best girl didn't even get Yaichi to apologize to her. Besides that it wasn't that bad, I had fun watching it, would have had more fun if Ginko wasn't this much of side character.
Mar 26, 2018 12:14 PM

Jul 2009
I knew the show was gonna focus on the lolis but I didnt think ginko would get shafted so badly throughout the entire show...
Mar 26, 2018 12:21 PM
Mar 2015
That lap pillow was ridiculous But what do you expect from someone who is married to a 9 year old waifu
Mar 26, 2018 12:24 PM

May 2015
Well, to me minus the two episodes he was a prick this was a fun ride. My only gripe was that it didn’t showed more of the Shogi matches & strategies more (like commentary to understand a little more about this game) but like I said this was a fun ride…
Mar 26, 2018 12:26 PM

Aug 2008
What a piece of shit. And to think someone got paid for writing it. I put as much effort into this comment...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 26, 2018 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
Well the finale was a bit rushed (well of course, noticeable at the end) but in the end I thought the show was entertaining to an certain extent. There are quite some apparent issues in here that could have been fixed, unfortunately these were stemmed and apparent throughout.

It being the pacing and not only that some parts of the series not working very much. That along with the last few episodes kinda making Ginko shafted throughout harder than I actually thought. Considering Ginko isn't as bad as a character, I don't think she deserved that push-over either. Which is unfortunate.

The shogi part (and only THE aspect) is at least better than 3gatsu and I'm not trying to compare them too often since they are two separated entities, one focuses on the characters and the drama and the other being actual shogi (because in 3gatsu the shogi is more of a sub-plot element for the current season imo), but aside from that, eh. Thought it could have been done better.

I may consider reading the LN seeing how the series apparently rushed through some stuff. But I don't think it affected anything that can be OVERLY major.

6-7/10 for the moment being.
Mar 26, 2018 12:41 PM

Jun 2017
Came for lolis, got my lolis. It was an alright show. Although Yaichi got away way too easily with being an ass and we didn't even see his apology to Ginko lol.
Mar 26, 2018 12:43 PM

Nov 2014
So Mejin actually has a face, huh?
Pretty nice ending. I thought they will cut it after 4th game and leave us hanging.
I wanted to see him apologizing to Ginko :(
Mar 26, 2018 12:56 PM

Feb 2007
And this is why Ai is the best.
Mar 26, 2018 1:14 PM
Mar 2018
The ending was just lame.. I mean like they cut down 3 matches everything was so predictable ofc he was gonna win, it was waaay to rushed and like putting in all the characters no body gives a f about in the end is just sad just put in the few most loved once because well i was just expecting better.
Mar 26, 2018 2:42 PM

Sep 2013
Feels ok after previous 2 episodes in which only highlight was Keika's match. Bu the series was rushed and sloppy towards the end. I just hope 3rd and further volumes of the LN get translated faster. Up till ep 5 it was solid 9/10, then drop was slight but closer to the end it started breaking more. It's too much stuff cut out just fro the 1st and 2nd novel and this gap grows. Still it has it's cute moments and that ending somewhat fits. 7/10 overall
Mar 26, 2018 2:59 PM
Jul 2018
The end certainly did seem rushed, but it did have to fit a lot in. It is slightly surprising he won the last 4 games, but it could be said it was his own anxiety holding him back to start with.

We still don't know whether he apologised to Ginko or not though.
Mar 26, 2018 3:19 PM

Dec 2015
No conclusion for Ginko... sad boys. Overall I'd say Loli Shogi XD Unlimited Saga was a decent show. A bit awkward at parts, but also filled with some good moments.
Mar 26, 2018 3:54 PM

Nov 2011
Terrible ending, Doesn't even Apologize to Ginko and a reverse sweep that we dont even get to see. Oh Well Average anime in the end. 6/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 26, 2018 4:08 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I actually can't believe he was able to come back and beat the Meijin. I figured he would fight a good fight and either come close to winning, or win this match but lose the next. But for him to actually win 4 consecutive times was genuinely shocking to me. I'm not sure how I feel about them giving him 3 off screen victories. Just seems kind of cheap to me.

The match was really intense though, and that's what the show did successfully. I think it had a great feeling of intensity and suspense for every match. Seeing the Meijin's face for the first time finally made his character seem more human. I liked his simplistic design. He seemed like a really kind guy. A little older than I initially thought too.

RIP to Ginko. No on screen apology. She really was treated like dirt. But I could careless since I wasn't a fan of her to begin with.

Still immensely happy for Keika though, she was easily the best character of the show. Speaking of, she was the first to reach out to Yaichi in his mind. Does that finally confirm she's Yaichi's true wife?

I'll miss the lolis that's for sure. I do see a lot of complaining about the lolis though. Which makes me wonder, what else were people thinking when they saw this show? Lolis are plastered everywhere, so what else do you expect? It's Japan and anime for God's sake. You know what you're going to get with this one.

Regardless, I think this put shogi in a positive light. I really wish I knew how the game worked, because I'm sure I would've enjoyed this even more.

As for everything else, the art was appealing the character designs were really good for a number of characters including both Ai's and Ika.

Also, thick cute girl from the Onsen finally showed her eyes! Hopefully she'll be a part of the harem.

Overall, I had a lot of fun with this one. Lots of tension and excitement with the games, good development for a number of characters, appealing art and character designs, and most importantly, lolis. I'd like to see a second season for sure, but I'm not exactly sure where Yaichi can go from here, more titles maybe? Either way, hope to see more.

7/10
Mar 26, 2018 4:09 PM

May 2015
An ok finale, but the shogi match was pretty intense.

Overall, the show's been an enjoyable ride. Maybe even the guilty pleasure of this season.

7/10.

Mar 26, 2018 4:39 PM

Oct 2017
Coming into this show, I already new it was probably going to be base level and heavily saturated with uninteresting lolis, but then Ginko-san was introduced and my idiotic self thought "hey, this is a decently interesting character with a pretty unique design (compared to the rest of this show's characters anyways) and was genuinely looking forward to a ship that didn't make me cringe. So episode 11 came around and boy was I annoyed when mc went full douche-bag on her, but I also had hope that this event would lead to a finale where an apology and possible ship-worthy scene closed the show. Well...one rushed episode filled with the worlds most annoying loli ever (Ai#1) and all I can say is:
FireandIceMar 26, 2018 4:51 PM
Mar 26, 2018 5:00 PM

Nov 2017
MoeMoeKyun said:
I knew the show was gonna focus on the lolis but I didnt think ginko would get shafted so badly throughout the entire show...

Damn,I was hoping to see Ginko get shafted-oh wait,perhaps I shouldn't have said that ;)

As for the Meijin,I got the impression he wasn't looking to win so much as testing out his theories about shogi,and pushing Yaichi to play as good as he could,and as for the lolis,who cares,they were cute and that's what matters.
Starting to think that maybe I'd like to try and learn Shogi,but at my age(not telling you),it'd really be an uphill battle,and I don't like hills-well,not going up them anyway.
StarhammerMar 26, 2018 5:04 PM
Mar 26, 2018 5:09 PM

Jan 2011
Continued to watch only for Ginko moments and for that I have no regrets. The rest of the show is not my cup of tea. Beyond the loli pandering, it tries to be something (drama) which it clearly isn't.
Mar 26, 2018 5:57 PM

Sep 2017
Definitely felt rushed. Honestly, if this show just focused on the loli antics I think I would have enjoyed it more because that stuff was actually pretty funny. There were a few cringey moments and the serious stuff didn't hit as hard as it should have. I mean how can you leave the Ginko apology out; feels like she got shafted. Not to mention just blowing past the last 3 games. I mean this fourth match here was actually pretty well done, so really they prob just needed more episodes to get the story across better.
Mar 26, 2018 6:25 PM
Feb 2018
I honestly believe the animators would have loved to keep all the good stuff in if time and money weren't a factor. Any series with just 12 episodes will always seem rushed at the end..nothing we can do about that.

With that said, I really enjoyed the series. Would have a loved a little more YaichixGinko action, especially after the last episode but will read the LN for that, no biggie. I like how they finally revealed the eyes of that well endowed girl who works with her dad, she's pretty indeed๐Ÿ˜

Ai and Ginko can't get along to save their lives lol. Lol lap pillow courtesy of a loli? Ai#2 looks like she wants to enter the big leagues! Rushed or not, the series made its point. I doubt a second season would happen, but won't mind an OVA.

8.5/10 from me!
mangarob2018Mar 26, 2018 6:28 PM
Mar 26, 2018 6:34 PM
Jun 2017
JUST LOVE IT!!!! That Yaichi has shown Meijin why he is the current ryuo. That match is so intense. Great win by the Yaichi...

* i love that Ginko vs Ai scenes from these one especially the one where they will guess what is Yaichi next move will be. And the lap part where Ginko caught him resting in Ai's lap...

* LOVED where they have shown all the minor and Major character in the series... and for the last time i have seen Char-chan!!!

GONNA MISS THIS ONE!!! ITS AN ENTERTAINING SERIES FOR ME!!!
FouAlterMar 26, 2018 6:41 PM
Mar 26, 2018 6:46 PM

Jan 2018
DarkAudit said:
I wanted to see Yaichi's apology to Ginko. I didn't get it. Booooo. :p
and that's what I call a LNbait
Mar 26, 2018 7:16 PM

Apr 2013
If I had understood Shogi better, I probably would have had enjoy the show more since they seems to present the aspects of a Shogi match pretty seriously.
It was an alright show. The jokes were hit and miss and the only likeable character is Keika. But I like how the story progresses.
6.5/10

TriZenMar 26, 2018 7:20 PM
Mar 26, 2018 7:35 PM

May 2010
Dunno, it was very engaging for lolibait, perhaps the most engaging series I've ever seen in that genre. They did loli right here, not making it a mere outlet for fanservice, but using the optimism and enthusiasm inherent to youth as a kick in the butt to our protagonist. The fanservice still existed and I don't fault that, but I feel like the series went way beyond. It excited me more than a certain well-respected shouji series, and that's saying a lot considering its trashy genre!
“Money can't buy dere”
Mar 26, 2018 7:55 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Of course the only way Yaichi won was because of the "glowing eyes makes you read into the future" trope. The first match just had to end in a tie to conveniently waste time for the actual final match. Idk what to say, this really was just a lame finale and a lame show overall. This show always pandered to loli lovers, had no actual focus on the shogi aspect besides giving simple explanations and the cast was just really unlikable.

Ginko really was the only good character in this show and honestly idk how the LN won awards. Maybe the awards this series earned was by loli lovers themselves.
Mar 26, 2018 8:30 PM

Dec 2015
All I can say about this anime is

eh

everything is done so basic and nothing really expands from that but at the same time it's not done horribly like sho-bitch, the pacing at times feels a bit rushed and some characters are glossed over but it's not horribly rushed like hakyuu houshin engi(even though I kinda have a guilty pleasure towards that anime for being rushed af), the art feels generic and doesn't have a unique charm to it like love live sunshine(My favorite Anime if you can't fucking tell) but it's not bad it's just........eh, the shogi battles feel mediocre and don't have enough weight to it like how in kaiji where every gamble feels like a life or death situation, but it's not bad either they're some parts that feel genuine, the characters don't have enough depth or interest and feels like tropes rather than interesting characters especially the main character, there's just something about him that feels generic and artificial about him, but he's not a horrible main character like EVERY FUCKING CHARACTER FROM FUCKING BANG DREAM AKA THE MOST PASSIONLESS ARTIFICIAL SHIT I'VE SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE FUCKNGADFSKJASDFOKDS

*cough**cough*
sorry about that
But yeah everything just feels, eh, nothing horrible but nothing good to remember about either

also STOP WITH THE FORCED PEDOPHILIA SHIT, LIKE I LIKE LOLIS BUT THEY'RE FUCKING 9 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
hi
Mar 26, 2018 9:22 PM

Mar 2017
The score jumped like a little over 0.10 after the episode.

"๐“•๐“ธ๐“ป ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ,
๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ธ
๐“—๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต
๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ฝ ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ."
๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ | ๐“œ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ช ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ
Mar 26, 2018 9:45 PM

Jan 2015
Jazzyforcefield said:
The score jumped like a little over 0.10 after the episode.

give it a 10 too and the score will jump a little higher, support greatness, smile :)
Mar 26, 2018 9:50 PM
Aug 2014
I wanted him to lose so he can have a character development. But again he pulls the harem card (different variation of the nakama-boost bullshit) and won everything, lesson learned is zero.

and of course the apology to Ginko was cut, otherwise it will be a flag and won't have a harem ending.
Mar 26, 2018 11:28 PM

May 2016
I waited he apologize to Ginko all the episode... and he didn't...

Well, my final evaluation of this anime is 6... exaggerates too much in the amount of fanservice and lolis, besides not having taken a route with romance that would be more interesting, of course not with a loli....
ใ€Žใ€€ใ€€ใ€
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2018

94 by basspig »»
Feb 27, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2018

68 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2018

104 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2018

65 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2018

62 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:57 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.