Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 12, 2018 6:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That attempted kiss :o
Whoa, Ginko. The match taking place in Hawaii though...well I suppose even Ginko wants to make her move.

Besides that, we still got the usual shogi match stuff going on this episode. What the hell is with the ending though...is Ai going to be ok?
Also, happy birthday to her.
Stark700Mar 12, 2018 7:06 AM
Mar 12, 2018 7:06 AM

Apr 2013
I wonder how the next couple of episodes will go~

Also. Keika OP.

Ryuuou no Oshigoto - 10 720p
duderusMar 12, 2018 7:46 AM

Mar 12, 2018 7:34 AM

Sep 2015
The downfall for Yaichi and Hinatsuru were handled very well. I cannot wait for these two to make their potential comeback next episode. I have a feeling the last two episodes will be very worth the watch.
Mar 12, 2018 8:11 AM

May 2015
loli-oh dont bully the loli
Mar 12, 2018 8:57 AM

Aug 2014
The horrible side of a player, I never expected to see this in the anime tbh. AI probably collapsed from her anxiety she got because of the MC (if it's not please don't spoil it).
I wonder how the next episode will go, This one went from cutesy feelings to dark in like 3 minutes, I have conflicted feelings about it tbh.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 12, 2018 9:10 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so the Ryuo title match will be held in Hawaii. The cake that they prepared for Ai's 10th birthday sure was elaborate and it was interesting it also featured a shogi problem for her as well. Yaichi and Ginko sure had a relaxing walk around the area though. Its nice to see that Ginko is starting to be more open with her feelings though. Yachi losing not just the first but also the second and third rounds as well was surprising. Having all of his hard fought experience and hours of study negated sure affected him immensely. So Yachi made the decision to exile Ai until the match is over huh. But the effect that this had on Ai sure was unexpected.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2018 9:23 AM

Mar 2016
I loved it for the fact that it also got me very mad at well, just letting everyone know.
Arrogance is never a good thing, much less to take it out on someone who didn't deserve the beating
Mar 12, 2018 9:29 AM
Jul 2017
A sad, but slightly realistic episode. Yaichi’s actions were slightly cruel but understandable. Children in general don’t understand certain cues that people want to be alone if theyre stressed out or depressed(I know I didnt). At this point Yaichi probably wants to disappear because hes about to lose his livelihood thus he sent her away.

Its odd seeing the episode flip flop from comedy to depressing but even Slice of Life can’t always be happy times.
Mar 12, 2018 9:39 AM

Mar 2016
Glassgrenado said:
A sad, but slightly realistic episode. Yaichi’s actions were slightly cruel but understandable. Children in general don’t understand certain cues that people want to be alone if theyre stressed out or depressed(I know I didnt). At this point Yaichi probably wants to disappear because hes about to lose his livelihood thus he sent her away.

Its odd seeing the episode flip flop from comedy to depressing but even Slice of Life can’t always be happy times.

It's very true, but it doesn't take away from the fact that he pushed away Ai and rubbed it the wrong way, and now her livelihood is in danger indirectly because of him. I hate him during his episode for the fact that arrogance due to his Ryuuou title made him too irrational and desperate that it hurt the person closest to him.
Mar 12, 2018 9:42 AM

Aug 2008
What a shitty episode. I mean shittier than usual. Lots of panning shots making the first half not much more than a slideshow, MC lacking balls in out of place Ginko subplot that never got any attention anyway and then crappy, unearned drama. For all we know so far MC sucks and him getting his ass whooped is nothing new so that breakdown was just cringy. I was just waiting for him to star smashing his trophies to make it even lamer. I could also mention terrible pacing since this episode probably loaded more plot points than all previous episodes combined but let's face it, we're not missing anything of worth.
AntanaruMar 12, 2018 9:48 AM
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 12, 2018 9:51 AM
Aug 2014
I hope Yaichi loses his title then regain it back after time skip, or by the end of the series. He needs a character development and a lesson to learn; shoji maybe your life and passion but its's not everything.
Mar 12, 2018 9:52 AM
Oct 2017
Do you think their going to both have an amazing comeback or wil it just spiral down and then maybe they reform in the next season. If theirs a next season?
But someone needs to give them both a good talking to, to sort this mess out. Kinda feel like red Ai wil sort it out.
Mar 12, 2018 10:07 AM

Aug 2013
damn, this makes me so mad hahaha
Ai did nothing wrong
Mar 12, 2018 10:23 AM

Sep 2016
rejected best girl and beat his wife lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 12, 2018 10:26 AM

Aug 2008
RyanPA said:
If theirs a next season?
Of course not, it's just another one time half assed LN advertisement. There isn't enough paedophile bait or incest to get it second season.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 12, 2018 10:40 AM

Mar 2016
Antanaru said:
RyanPA said:
If theirs a next season?
Of course not, it's just another one time half assed LN advertisement. There isn't enough paedophile bait or incest to get it second season.

if it really focused on what you said would give it a second season (I actually don't care if it does or not), then this series would be worse off, honestly. I would've dropped it a month ago if that was really the case.
Mar 12, 2018 10:44 AM

Mar 2016
RyanPA said:
Do you think their going to both have an amazing comeback or wil it just spiral down and then maybe they reform in the next season. If theirs a next season?
But someone needs to give them both a good talking to, to sort this mess out. Kinda feel like red Ai wil sort it out.

I think both "Yami" Ai and Sora will talk to both of them, hopefully the latter gives Yaichi the bitchslap to reality that he really needs right now. As for how the match will turn out, I myself haven't actually read the manga, but I don't think he'll make a complete comeback (3-0 deficit is something that even most pro teams can't come back from), but at least Yaichi can make things interesting if he snaps out of his awful behavior.
Mar 12, 2018 10:46 AM

Apr 2015
hithummah said:
I hope Yaichi loses his title then regain it back after time skip, or by the end of the series. He needs a character development and a lesson to learn; shoji maybe your life and passion but its's not everything.

Or following the usual pattern, it'll be something like:

Shit happens to Ai, family takes her back, loli king gets verbally bashed, realizes, rush to dogeza in front of mother-in-law, Ai goes tsun tsun then dere dere, loli king happiness x100 makes him notice breakthrough, and wins.
Omae wa mou bakuhatsu desu!
Mar 12, 2018 11:04 AM

May 2009
Ryuseishun said:
I hate him during his episode for the fact that arrogance due to his Ryuuou title made him too irrational and desperate that it hurt the person closest to him.

I'd say it's not arrogance due to his Ryuuou title, but the fact he got overpowered on his own field/what he mastered the most. It denied a whole part of himself, resulting in anger then obviously in acting irrationally. At least, it's better to place Ai away at the moment until he calm down (/probably when he will get to know what happened to Ai).

Ryuseishun said:
Antanaru said:

if it really focused on what you said would give it a second season (I actually don't care if it does or not), then this series would be worse off, honestly. I would've dropped it a month ago if that was really the case.

The bait was real. :D
Mar 12, 2018 11:12 AM

Mar 2016
Djidji said:
Ryuseishun said:
I hate him during his episode for the fact that arrogance due to his Ryuuou title made him too irrational and desperate that it hurt the person closest to him.

I'd say it's not arrogance due to his Ryuuou title, but the fact he got overpowered on his own field/what he mastered the most. It denied a whole part of himself, resulting in anger then obviously in acting irrationally. At least, it's better to place Ai away at the moment until he calm down (/probably when he will get to know what happened to Ai).

Ryuseishun said:

The bait was real. :D

1. You do have a point, but it doesn't necessarily mean that his choice to take out his frustration on Ai and THEN toss her aside instead of just sitting down and talking with her about it....was any sort of justified. I honestly think he needs more mental/psychological support from someone close to him than ever.

2. Like honestly, if halfway through was nothing but mostly lolicon / pedophile bait, I would've dropped this series like a hot potato, real talk....the story and intense matches, as well as the depth in the characters, was what kept me in. Granted, it ain't like the other shogi series 3 Gatsu No Lion (though that one doesn't really focus that much on shogi, anyway xD)
Mar 12, 2018 11:13 AM

Mar 2016
IMACOP said:
hithummah said:

Or following the usual pattern, it'll be something like:

Shit happens to Ai, family takes her back, loli king gets verbally bashed, realizes, rush to dogeza in front of mother-in-law, Ai goes tsun tsun then dere dere, loli king happiness x100 makes him notice breakthrough, and wins.

that's a very likely route it'll take in the next episode, but we don't know for sure until the preview for next ep comes out
Mar 12, 2018 11:18 AM

Aug 2008
Ryuseishun said:
Antanaru said:

I was hinting at oreimo. Despite looking like one time LN ad as well it actually got a sequel.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 12, 2018 11:28 AM
Jun 2017
This is why you don’t deny Ginko’s kiss.. The shogi God cursed you for it
Mar 12, 2018 11:32 AM

Mar 2016
Antanaru said:
Ryuseishun said:

I was hinting at oreimo. Despite looking like one time LN ad as well it actually got a sequel.

well, tbf, the LN of Oreimo was already very popular before the adaptation even launched, so there would be more demand for a second season....the LN of this particular series is not, however, so a second season is ofc unlikely
also, on a side note, I didn't really like Oreimo at all because of how they handled the very things you said that would give one a second season :\
Mar 12, 2018 11:42 AM

Sep 2015
Congratulations!
With just one episode you became the bigest asshole in the shogi story YAICHI!

Hope they fix every thing next week, but Yaichi dont deserver any single tittle from now on.

Mar 12, 2018 11:51 AM

Sep 2012
well, by giving yaichi a problem in this episode, it pretty much a given that he will make a comeback in a later episode.
while people may hate yaichi, they should try to understand that he is frustrated that something that he's best at being denied easily, and he is no adult, he is not even twenty yet, don't expect him to act all rational, he is a guy who have trouble handling a bunch of little girls.
if we're talking real life vibe,3-gatsu no lion shown a lot more side of different type of shogi's players.
Mar 12, 2018 12:08 PM

Aug 2015
Ah man, pretty sad episode tbh. didn't really like how they teased the kiss, because a relationship between them is probably never going to happen. And what was that at the end, panic attack?
Mar 12, 2018 1:49 PM

Jun 2015
Failed attempted kiss by Ginko. Yaichi lost really hard three times in a row and is taking his frustration out on Ai, not good. Poor Ai collapsed from anxiety, she doesn't deserve that. Yaichi needs to be taught a lesson.
Mar 12, 2018 2:11 PM

May 2009
dend08 said:
while people may hate yaichi, they should try to understand that he is frustrated that something that he's best at being denied easily, and he is no adult, he is not even twenty yet, don't expect him to act all rational, he is a guy who have trouble handling a bunch of little girls.

I feel like a lot of people doesn't get he lost all the pride he had in his shogi, and shogi is all that matters for him (and Keika :'p).

Made me remember a scene in Zaregoto:

“At the very least, I can’t forget that day. Hey, brat,” the Professor turned the conversation toward me. “This Lady, this Lady who was 12 years old at the time, when she saw the fruits of thirty years of my research, what do you think she said?”
”… I do not know. I cannot even imagine.”
”This is actually amazing research,” Kunagisa interceded. ”If I didn’t take this seriously it’d take me three hours – is what I said.”
”……….”
I could imagine that scene clearly. She would smile, just like she did at me six years ago, and with an ordinary, very ordinary tone, say that line. Without any malice, without meaning any ill, without meaning to hurt nor humiliate others, without imagining that the Professor would have taken thirty years.
Unconcernedly crushed–
Mar 12, 2018 2:14 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
haha, just reinforced how sexy af i already though Ginko was

then again every girl in this anime is fucking fine, and the lolis are fucking adorable
Mar 12, 2018 2:26 PM
Mar 2016
Ryuuou lost to Meijin and he cries like a baby, too bad that he has to take his frustration on Ai, man it only goes to show you that he needs a lotta growing up to do

Ginko's bikini fanservice...a 7 , since she's the only one in it.
Mar 12, 2018 2:39 PM
Nov 2017
did i watch a loli have a heart attack over a board game flashback that happened within 1 day of each other? What a badly written show
Mar 12, 2018 2:43 PM

Dec 2015
That Ginko bathing suit... going to have my own Ai panic attack.

I don't really understand Yaichi. Did he just luck sack into the Ryou title the first time around? Doesn't seem to be much of a champion.
Mar 12, 2018 2:49 PM
EDM ❤

May 2012
It got way too real way too fast!

Only unreal thing here is not kissing Ginko but oh well.
Mar 12, 2018 2:57 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
This episode was hard to watch, Yaichi's breakdown is something else. He's driving away the one who cares about him the most.

Ginko was rejected hard. It's too bad we didn't see Keika in a swimsuit.

What will snap Yaichi out of his slump? Perhaps hearing Ai was rushed to the hospital? Guess we'll see soon enough.
Mar 12, 2018 4:38 PM
Jan 2017
The series reaches some dark places with Yaichi losing three consecutive matches, which causes him to doubt his own ability as a shogi player and Ai's teacher. At the same time, Ai spends too much time worrying for Yaichi that she neglects her own well-being. It's sad and borderline depressing to see our beloved characters in such a bad shape but sometimes it's necessary for them to confront themselves and for viewers to question what they like about them, lest the characters risk becoming stale and predictable. Also, that scene with Ginko is both funny and sad, what with Yaichi unable to see her as anything other than a fellow shogi student.
Mar 12, 2018 5:00 PM

Sep 2011
Lord_Lamington said:
Ah man, pretty sad episode tbh. didn't really like how they teased the kiss, because a relationship between them is probably never going to happen. And what was that at the end, panic attack?

Most likely.

Panic attacks come in various forms, and this is the most "cliched" of them. It is not the most common but it is the one most often portrayed in media. Common symptoms are irregular breathing, cold sweats, blurred vision, and loss of control of the body due to overactive brain activity. In severe attacks this increases brain activity is accompanied by feelings of "burning" in the brain as the nerves in your brain literally burn out. I can tell you from experience these are extremely difficult to deal with and can lead to permanent damage.

Given her age, it is very possible that Ai would have a panic attack here. I'll give the series that, but I won't overlook the fact that it was forced due to the incredible pacing. I also find it absurd that nobody checked in on him or Ai between the first and third loss.
Mar 12, 2018 5:04 PM

Sep 2016
Damn this episode was hard watch, but it was solid episode nonetheless.

Not everything is sunshine and rainbows and future loli wives.

Felt bad for Ginko too in that scene.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 12, 2018 5:26 PM

Apr 2011
Damn. He rejected Ginko's kiss. And now he's pushing away Ai and its hurting her.

This is hard watch.
Mar 12, 2018 5:42 PM
Jun 2017
Great episode, this time its all about the Shogi match between the Ryuo vs meijin. Meijin sure looks so strong that the current Ryuo is having a hard time with; thus affecting his play and other things beside him...

* sad one for Ai though as she has been hurt sadly by what she is seeing from his master...

*that attempt kiss of Ginko is a good one..
Mar 12, 2018 6:03 PM

May 2015
Whew. The whole atmosphere in this episode sure took a turn for the worse.

Mar 12, 2018 6:04 PM

Sep 2014
This anime would be so much better without the loli's and only having Keika as the heroine.
Mar 12, 2018 6:19 PM

Sep 2017
Wtf Yaichi, you can't just kick your favorite loli to the curb like that.
Mar 12, 2018 6:21 PM

May 2015
Well, for me everything was going so well until his losing streak and then it went for the fighting /love quarrel trope (even tho they aren’t in that kind of relationship) pretty disappointing that it took that route… why because we all know that he is going to apologize to her & co. for being a douche meanwhile having a boost to his game and winning at the end(?) aside from apologizing I hope I’m wrong...
Mar 12, 2018 6:28 PM

Jan 2015
Wow this was the best episode actually, finally interesting and no loli lewdness. MC's gone insane and grew some balls :O I dont care if he had to hurt some loli in the process xD Also Ai was the most likable in this episode, its like author really wanted to show how nice she is, caring for her master like that, being really senstiive as to not to offend his feelings, knowing he lost and is emotional, so she would apologize twice before saying anything. That showed Ai from a good side and MC from even worse side since he was such a dick to her.

BUt honestly i like this rude MC more than the wimpy no character MC that MC was before :O now i wish he would express himself the same way to Ai's bitchy mother lol.

Also i liked how red Eye was so caring for blue Eye, it really looked like she was troubled and worried for her, thats nice, more character development and caring side from a rival especially a tsundere rival, really warms my heart.

Also it was funny how he thought Ginko was teasing him with a kiss, thats what you get when you constantly act tsundere and dont show your real side, your loved one will think its your regular act even when you are serious .
In general i still dont understand why Ginko acts like that, while Yaichi being the closest person to her, i guess its in her nature, its her personality.
GOtta admit tho, i was really doki-doking during that kiss scene, how she asked him to prove it very nice, very nice.
Mar 12, 2018 6:40 PM
Sep 2010
The first game of Ryuuou vs Meijin is based on the Ryuo-sen title match played by Ryuo Watanabe Akira and challenger Habu Yoshiharu on October 18&19 in 2008 in Paris. Here is the link to the game to replay.
https://shogidb2.com/games/0ce5e9f870d588f350246a16a2e0b9e36a1da71f#lnsgk1snl%2F1r4g2%2Fpppppp1pp%2F6p2%2F9%2F2P4P1%2FPP1PPPP1P%2F1%2BbG4R1%2FLNS1KGSNL%20b%201b%207
Usually, trading a Bishop for a Gold and a Knight with Rook promotion is favorable. However, it turned out not to be true for this game. It's one of Habu's masterpieces.
Mar 12, 2018 6:56 PM

May 2009
takodori said:
The first game of Ryuuou vs Meijin is based on the Ryuo-sen title match played by Ryuo Watanabe Akira and challenger Habu Yoshiharu on October 18&19 in 2008 in Paris. Here is the link to the game to replay.
https://shogidb2.com/games/0ce5e9f870d588f350246a16a2e0b9e36a1da71f#lnsgk1snl%2F1r4g2%2Fpppppp1pp%2F6p2%2F9%2F2P4P1%2FPP1PPPP1P%2F1%2BbG4R1%2FLNS1KGSNL%20b%201b%207
Usually, trading a Bishop for a Gold and a Knight with Rook promotion is favorable. However, it turned out not to be true for this game. It's one of Habu's masterpieces.

Are the two other (end) match different from the BO7 between them?
I guess it will obviously end the same way. ;)
Mar 12, 2018 8:34 PM

Sep 2013
Sad Ai almost makes me cry every time :'(
Yaichi got destroyed and too frustrated now.
He's attracted to ginko atleast but doesn't go for the kiss.
Mar 12, 2018 8:38 PM

May 2010
Fuck MC! Don't bully the poor loli just because you're inept!
Mar 12, 2018 9:28 PM
Sep 2010
Djidji said:
takodori said:

Are the two other (end) match different from the BO7 between them?
I guess it will obviously end the same way. ;)

I think they are different and I have not specified the source games yet.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2018

94 by basspig »»
Feb 27, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

112 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2018

68 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2018

65 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2018

62 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.