Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 20, 2018 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was actually kinda scary coming from Chise's point of view..
I'm glad they took the bandage off of her eyes cause it didn't suit her at all. She's still resting up.

Really glad to see everyone trying to help Chise recover. It's not easy but she's dealing with it.

Nice music used this episode. It really brings out a feel of mystique and melancholy.
Jan 20, 2018 11:01 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

I like how Elias states why he's interested in learning about the human mind to the fairy queen by comparing how the Fae always pity him while the humans despite being the ones who actually fear are also the ones who always accept him.

Glad to see Chise recovering, Shannon's right, The will of a living being is it's strongest driving factor for anything.

Silkie's story is sad but I love how the episode showcased how much Silkie is attached the home she shares with Chise and Elias.
Very heartwarming ending. :)
Jan 20, 2018 11:08 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Great episode. Chise and Elias go to the fairy kingdom where she'll meet Shannon, a doctor who'll help her recover. Seeing Chise ride on that ant was pretty cute and how Shannon tested her to see how strong her will to live was was pretty important for her, albeit a bit harsh imo.

Also was sad to see Silky so lonely taking care of the house, since times passes so differently between the two worlds. Her backstory was very nice and sweet how Spriggan helped her out and I was glad to see her so happy when everyone came home.

Very much looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 20, 2018 11:09 AM

Jun 2015
What a fantastic episode!!

I've been waiting a really long time for more character explanation on Sliky. She's always been very a interesting character to me, so I'm really glad we got more backstory on her and how she came to the house. I really hope we get to see more sides of her as the series goes on. Great episode.

Christmas episode next time!!

5/5
Jan 20, 2018 11:25 AM

Sep 2017
I really liked this episode,i like it when it gets a little bit more dramatic with her coughing up the blood.
Also,its nice to see that when she helps people,they try and help her back it makes happy,
Then,Seeing Who Silky really is and where shes from made this episode very interesting,even though the story doesn’t go anywhere its still a very enjoyable show.
*I watched the outro today for the first time and its actually pretty good :D**

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Jan 20, 2018 11:32 AM

Apr 2016
What a beautiful episode, especially Silky's backstory.
Jan 20, 2018 11:43 AM

Jun 2015
Chise has recovered now. Shannon tested her to see how strong her will to live is, although it was a bit a bit harsh tbh. I loved it when Elias said he's interested in learning about humans. It was sad to see Silky all alone at the house. Her backstory was sad as well. Spriggan helped her find a new home. She was very happy to see everyone come back home.
Jan 20, 2018 11:59 AM
Jul 2016
Welp, once again the cliffhanger ending didn't amount to much as the issue gets resolved almost instantly. The pacing hasn't been great so far in this 2nd cour, the Silky backstory would have been better as a condensed pre-credits scene next episode and Chise's treatment and stay in the Fairy kingdom should have been expanded on. Saying that though, there were many padding shots in this episode already, so it would have been kinda difficult to extend this mini-story arc further.
Jan 20, 2018 12:07 PM

Aug 2013
Rule 34 is gonna have a field day with Shannon and Shanahan...just saying. Silky's story was revealed a bit which gave me some feels. Praise Silky.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 20, 2018 12:11 PM

Jun 2017
Looks like the pacing got a bit better from the mess it became a month ago.

I am satisfied with how Silky's backstory was adapted.

They did leave out some important details though.

There was supposed to be a scene where Simon comes to visit and Silky gives him the cold shoulder and later after that a family that got turned into ants by accident came for help but she couldn't help them apart from giving them some snacks.

She was also supposed to meet with another Banshee and cry together with other random ones for some random family.

The explanation for what a Banshee is got completely skipped as well. Well, the manga didn't go into much about them either sadly but they seem to "attach" themselves to a family and cry when a "good man" dies. What benefits she gives with this I have no idea.

There was also a scene in the manga where Spriggan receives some snacks from Silky and reads her (possibly love related) letter and he gets embarassed xD.
Jan 20, 2018 12:59 PM

Jul 2014
And once again, Chise's actions have next to no long-term consequences, rendering yet another cliffhanger redundant. However, the second half with Silky was pretty good, even if it kinda felt out of place here (it was good to learn just what her deal is, although why she doesn't talk now I have no real idea, as she spoke in the flashback (something to do with being a banshee, presumably)).
Jan 20, 2018 1:14 PM

Feb 2016
Ah Silky is always adorable, but today... it exceeded her Adorableness!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 20, 2018 1:38 PM

Jul 2013
Was nice to have a bit of focus on silky after 15 episodes. She is adorable.
Jan 20, 2018 1:45 PM

Jul 2015
Chise parts are just terrible at this point, I lost the count of all the times she was in danger with nothing really happening, who is she, motherfucking Princess Peach? Wait, that one had a spin-off game where she was nice, bad comparison.

The Silky half was pretty nice tho.
Jan 20, 2018 2:12 PM

Jun 2017
MetaThPr4h said:
Chise parts are just terrible at this point, I lost the count of all the times she was in danger with nothing really happening, who is she, motherfucking Princess Peach? Wait, that one had a spin-off game where she was nice, bad comparison.

Do not worry, she gets some slack now but there will be something later down the line with SERIOUS consequences, you can look forward to it.
Jan 20, 2018 2:17 PM

Dec 2016
Even though some have said this but I think even though the 2nd OP and ED are good, it felt underwhelming and kinda felt out of place for this anime. Especially when compared with 1st OP and ED.
Jan 20, 2018 2:18 PM

Dec 2016
Can someone explain to me why this show have haters? Oh my god, this is wonderful.

5/5
Jan 20, 2018 2:21 PM

Dec 2016
Alberrti said:
Can someone explain to me why this show have haters? Oh my god, this is wonderful.

5/5

Well if there is Light, there will also be darkness, etc.
Jan 20, 2018 2:40 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Cool to see the Queen of Fairies again. Chise always seems to get into life and death situations.

Nice to know a bit more about Silky. Her hugging Chise was great.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 20, 2018 2:55 PM

Nov 2016
Good to have some focus on Silky, her backstory was quite sad.

When everyone came back home and Silky hugged Chise,that brought a big smile on my face.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 20, 2018 2:57 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I want a wall sized poster of Queen Titania thank you very much. Japan, make it happen please.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 20, 2018 3:03 PM

Sep 2017
Nice episode, even if the whole Chise problem resolved quite quickly. I was wondering what the whole deal was with Silky since the first episodes, and her backstory was pretty interesting. Now let's see what the month-late Christmas special has in store for us next week, and judging by the trailer we can expect some backstory about Renfred and Alice.
Jan 20, 2018 3:43 PM

Feb 2016
I already liked Silky but seeing her backstory and moments this episode made me like her even more. She is so innocent and cute lol.
Jan 20, 2018 3:45 PM
Mar 2015
Silky's backstory brought tears to my eyes. She was just so happy when Chise came home
Jan 20, 2018 4:21 PM

May 2016
Silky's story and her reaction to them returning was so precious
Jan 20, 2018 4:58 PM

Mar 2015
Silky could have an amazing career as an interior decorator! zip-zip house is done!! I did love how they conveyed her feelings with barely any words spoken. Bravo.

Another excellent episode visually, character-wise and story-wise. Elias had some good lines with the Elf Queen.

Next week: Christmas shopping in London!
The sword that takes life gives life
Jan 20, 2018 5:14 PM
Jul 2018
The Silky's backstory and this final Tadaima makes me chills.
Jan 20, 2018 6:10 PM
Dec 2013
Good episodes but i really dont like these baits that something super bad is going to happen and then its not a big deal. Even the cliffhanger from the last episode got resolved immidiately, and i am not forgetting the wolf thingy.
Jan 20, 2018 6:30 PM

May 2014
And we finally get some spotlight on Silky!
She definitely needed that, and I feel like I get her more as a character; it's a shame she's not a main part of the story because I enjoyed the part of the episode that focused on her the most.
The ending when she glomped Chise was so sweet.
And wow, I know they said time passed differently in the Fairy world but damn- they skipped a whole season!!

Next episode looks so good though- a late Christmas episode as well as what looks to be Renfred and Alice's past.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2018 7:21 PM

May 2015
I shook my head at the slap in the beginning of the episode. A girl is dying and you're making a comical skit out of it?

We need more Silky. Her story is the best thing to come out of this series so far.
Jan 20, 2018 8:11 PM
May 2016
I'm glad they gave Silky some background info and screen time. Her hugging Chise at the end is very heartwarming.

Also the music is spot on. Not just this episode but the series as a whole.
JaycubJan 20, 2018 8:41 PM
Jan 20, 2018 8:34 PM

Sep 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode again.

I like how Elias states why he's interested in learning about the human mind to the fairy queen by comparing how the Fae always pity him while the humans despite being the ones who actually fear are also the ones who always accept him.

Glad to see Chise recovering, Shannon's right, The will of a living being is it's strongest driving factor for anything.

Silkie's story is sad but I love how the episode showcased how much Silkie is attached the home she shares with Chise and Elias.
Very heartwarming ending. :)
i agree as well lovely episode definitely enjoyed silkies backstory, glad chise is ok i definitely thought the fairy kingdom was up to something again lol but phew relieved
Facta Non Verba
Jan 20, 2018 8:34 PM

Mar 2016
She's alive...and I thought big drama was coming. Silky's background was kinda nice but not enough information. I was so confused when the fae doctor tried to kill chise, but I understand now that all she wanted to do was help her find chise's fighting spirit to continue on living...weird way to do it though in my opinion.
Jan 20, 2018 8:49 PM

Dec 2015
MetaThPr4h said:

I literally had to do a double take when I first viewed that choking scene in the healing pond. I'm sorry, but when someone chokes you and appears to LITERALLY try and drown you, you don't just shrug it off 5 minutes later and laugh as if you two are good pals now. I don't care the circumstances or reason for doing so. If this show is even remotely trying to present relatable and realistic characters, then this is just BAD character writing. At least have some respect for your main character and your audience's intelligence PLEASE.

This series needs to step up its game soon, especially in the pacing and writing department. What originally felt like a series going at a pleasant and relaxing stride is now just on its all fours barely crawling forwards without an aim or focus in mind. I have mentioned before that the show's overall quality in terms of art and animation has dropped, but I expected as much considering that this is a 2-cour show. But now, even the tight character writing from before is starting to show cracks? Give me a break.

Anyways, I am dropping the score for this series from an 8 to a 7 FOR NOW. I still overall REALLY enjoy this series, but currently its doing little to impress. What I originally thought was a the series getting back on its feet from the pretty good episode last week may just be me being overly optimistic.

Once again, I'll reiterate that I DO NOT HATE this series. It has some incredible world-building, tone, and a potentially great central relationship with characters that I can root for. I'll continue to hope that next episode will be better (it's a Christmas ep so I doubt they can screw up that badly).

(I'll admit that the Silky parts of this episode were pretty a'ight)
HibikaseJan 20, 2018 8:54 PM
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Jan 20, 2018 9:15 PM

Jan 2013
Silky is my favorite
Jan 20, 2018 9:17 PM

Jun 2014
So we got another cliffhanger ending that turned out to not be that big of a deal. I hope these fakeouts stop happening, as it takes away the sense of any actual danger, which I think is bad if you're trying to maintain an audience's interest. If this pattern continues, then when the next dramatic cliffhanger happens, no one will care.

With that being said, I still enjoyed the episode. I especially enjoyed seeing Silky's backstory and seeing her joy at the end when Chise returned. We must protect Silky at all costs.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 20, 2018 9:50 PM

Jul 2017
thebrentinator24 said:
So we got another cliffhanger ending that turned out to not be that big of a deal. I hope these fakeouts stop happening, as it takes away the sense of any actual danger, which I think is bad if you're trying to maintain an audience's interest. If this pattern continues, then when the next dramatic cliffhanger happens, no one will care.

With that being said, I still enjoyed the episode. I especially enjoyed seeing Silky's backstory and seeing her joy at the end when Chise returned. We must protect Silky at all costs.

I agree. These fake-outs have left the series with some weird feeling pacing, though in my opinion this episode was still a much bigger step-up from the last one. And despite them leaving the fairy kingdom incredibly quickly, I still really enjoyed the Silky section. The environmental shots and quiet moments are part of what sets the tone for this anime and I love how they used these with her.

Hopefully real consequences will be introduced and we can spend more than one episode on the next story.
Jan 21, 2018 3:11 AM

Jun 2016
Another episode where nothing really happens. There is literally no direction to this story whatsoever. That being said, I don't hate it.

Nice seeing the Vampire momentarily, maybe they ran out of character designs.

Christmas episode in Janauary, poor timing.

Jan 21, 2018 3:32 AM

Jun 2016
I guess being punished by the fairies for using that magic Chise did is okay for Elias? Like seeing Chise spitting out blood? Lmao. Not the reaction I was expecting from him.

So, I guess we went Nolanception this episode with the fairies' time in their world runs different than in the human world or whatever world Silky is.

What's a banshee again? Ohmygod. Finally, a Silky brief backstory. This made me love her more. Huhu. I want to hear Silky's voice again. Onegaaaai. ;-;

SILKY MUST BE PROTECTED AT ALL TIMES!

4/5. :D The only episode I rated 4 of MnY so far. Idk why, but the part in the fairy world left a bad taste in my mouth.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 21, 2018 3:50 AM

Jan 2009
Well this explains a lot.
The real reason spriggan acts like an ass towards Elias, is obviously 'cus he's living with Silky.

Also dat running hug was so disgustingly sweet

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jan 21, 2018 4:53 AM

Jan 2014
I thought that doctor trying to kill for sure.

now it's Silky time to feel loneliness.

Jan 21, 2018 6:05 AM

Jul 2012
Nice episode for nichijou no Silky-san, that was so sweet! She was all alone and her backstory :( so sad ... Was surprised her using magic, was pretty cool.
Jan 21, 2018 6:06 AM

Aug 2016
I actually was a fan of the slow pacing and the calmness in this anime, but now I'm just annoyed by it (more the pacing than anything else). And of course last week was a dramatic cliffhanger and now everythings fine again (of course not 100% but this drama was not necessary in the end) And again drama with the doc "trying to kill her but not trying to kill her" (and aaalways connected to water. This is the 3rd? 4th? dramatic water scene). Please just give me (at least a bit) more story and less of "omg she's so weak, she can't handle the magic".

The repetition is driving me nuts and I only pull through because I still have hopes and we're already in the second half of the season. Even if there is real drama coming somewhere I stopped caring

The part with Silky however was very beautiful. And thanks god not another big cliffhanger in this episode
Akiho90Jan 21, 2018 6:10 AM
Jan 21, 2018 7:01 AM

Jun 2012
Silky's backstory was absolutely beautiful. If only this show was like that all the time. What was the deal with the doctor literally trying to drown her, and then saying "I'm just trying to keep you alive" - this was just ridiculous. Just when I thought there was going to be a twist involved.
Jan 21, 2018 8:58 AM

Mar 2016
Silky is too damn precious~!

It's surprising how much can be conveyed about her character and feelings with so little actual spoken dialogue from her. Very very heartwarming second half of the episode there.
Jan 21, 2018 9:29 AM

Dec 2015
thebrentinator24 said:

I think I'm already there to be honest. When Chise was being chocked under water I didn't really care and was thinking this was probably some sort of test or whatever (again). To my very non-existent surprise, it actually was.

I totally agree with everyone on that this show is really beautiful and stuff, but I am finding it hard to care about anything that's going on. It feels like its going no where. Chise is a completely bland and unlikable character in my eyes and part of me actually wished that doctor chick would have actually followed through.

I guess I'm trying really hard not to drop this show, but maybe it's not for me.
Jan 21, 2018 11:12 AM
Apr 2016
This is my first official complaint about the series - that "suffocating to help" was really, if you allow me, cringy. I wish they did something else. But alright, I am not THAT angry, just little piece of mind.
Re:formed
Jan 21, 2018 12:07 PM

Nov 2011
Great episode as usual, interesting storytelling from beginning to end. Also this time the episode took me by surprise when suddenly told about Silky's past, wonderful! Also for this anime series, it is time well spent to wait for a new episode every week.
Jan 21, 2018 12:17 PM

Mar 2012
Some Silky backstory, yes
Jan 21, 2018 12:29 PM

Mar 2011
I'm glad that we finally learned more about Silky. I've been curious about her backstory for quite a while.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Jul 26, 2017

375 by yelansh »»
Mar 30, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

266 by NotBonBon »»
Mar 24, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

81 by hales_comet »»
Feb 22, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

UrbanJahts - Jul 26, 2017

247 by hales_comet »»
Feb 21, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

189 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jan 12, 9:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.