Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 25, 2017 3:12 AM

Apr 2013
DAIO said:

Well done Asta, you've become self-aware. Now do something about it and calm your ass down.

Was this in the manga? Would be cool if this was 4th wall breaking as an response to peoples complaints of previous episodes.

It was an ok episode with ups and downs. Still find it watchable, I'm sucker for wizard setting

clickable▲
Oct 25, 2017 3:26 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
As expected of the capital magic really is more prevalent here. Despite seemingly not caring about Asta its nice to see that they actually do. The entrance exam sure has a lot of people hoping to pass and join the knights though. So even news that Yuno was granted the four leaf clover has reached the capital then. Its funny that even the birds don't think Asta will get far in the exam. Seems that even among the knights some of their squads are rather infamous too. Never expected that all of the captains will be here to observe the exam though. So the first test is flying with magic the basic of basics it seems. So it seems that even in this world there are royalty too. Nozel seems to detest his sister though. Asta's lack of magic power though is really hurting his chances in magic related tests though combat will be a different story. And with this display of strength the impression of Asta has changed fully.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2017 4:22 AM

Mar 2015
CrowleYo said:
DAIO said:

Well done Asta, you've become self-aware. Now do something about it and calm your ass down.

Was this in the manga? Would be cool if this was 4th wall breaking as an response to peoples complaints of previous episodes.

It was an ok episode with ups and downs. Still find it watchable, I'm sucker for wizard setting

nah, it's anime original, but it does oftenly very meta, but not parody...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 25, 2017 4:50 AM
Oct 2017
certainly quite better than the other episodes.
but Asta's Scream is fu***ng annoying as hell, the final scene was exciting though <3
Oct 25, 2017 5:12 AM

Nov 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
ttcchen said:

the story goes better than you think. just cuz the beginning seem cliche doesn't mean it's gonna continue being cliche.
Should I trust you considering you trolled the spoiler?

I don't know. Should you?
Anyway, what od you mean I trolled the spoiler?
Oct 25, 2017 5:16 AM

Aug 2012
ttcchen said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Should I trust you considering you trolled the spoiler?

Because there is no spoiler under the spoiler tag. You just repeat what you already said that I am wrong. You never explain how I am wrong or what will happen. So there is no reason for the spoiler as it contains no spoiler info, so is a trol.
Oct 25, 2017 6:26 AM

Nov 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
ttcchen said:

Because there is no spoiler under the spoiler tag. You just repeat what you already said that I am wrong. You never explain how I am wrong or what will happen. So there is no reason for the spoiler as it contains no spoiler info, so is a trol.
you said to "confirm or infirm" your question in a spoiler tag. and so i did. don't contradict urself. oh yeah, and it is considered a spoiler since i technically revealed something that has yet happened in the anime. that's spoiling. oh and btw, the spoiler only refers to one of your predictions.
Oct 25, 2017 6:35 AM
Aug 2015
@nightcrawlercyp Just passing by the episode discussion, alright i'll give you the spoiler..

You could just read the manga though.. It's just 4-5 pages long lol
renzosparkOct 25, 2017 6:40 AM
Oct 25, 2017 6:56 AM

Aug 2012
renzospark said:
@nightcrawlercyp Just passing by the episode discussion, alright i'll give you the spoiler..

You could just read the manga though.. It's just 4-5 pages long lol
Oct 25, 2017 7:24 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Finally we have something good, everything is expected since Asta has 0 magic but it was good to see that final scene.
Oct 25, 2017 7:28 AM

Jun 2016
Asta fanboying was so cute. Haha. Ugh. Yuno fucking smiled. I'm not okay. Hahaha. He's so handsome.

So, you can eat a snake!?! What. Ewww. Haha. What the fuck are you eating, Asta!?! Lmfao. "Anyone want some grilled purple snakes that I just happened to catch somewhere or other?" Hahaha!

Did see it coming that Yuno will be some sort of idol here. Hehe. I guess the five-leaf clover grimoire is not that popular or remarkable, but the guy from the first episode freaked the fuck out, though. Or that reception guy didn't see his grimoire clearly? Hehe. Heck, it really is filthy.

Those birds flocking to Asta was so hilarious, of course nothing will go to Yuno. Gah! Even the birds are so done with Asta. Haha.

That eyeliner guy is so gay for that big guy who hurt Asta. Hahahahahahahahahaha! Alright, I'll stop now.

Wow. Nice seeing those captains. These captains are special then and one of them can be the future Wizard King. I want to see the current Wizard King, though. Damnit.

Asta's unfortunate yet hilarious moments during their exam. Haha. Just when I thought Asta finally found a friend, but it turns out that blond guy is belittling him all that time. Fucksake. Poor Asta, heck, that blond guy got what he deserved. Omedetou, Asta!

I wonder if that girl will be somewhat special in this anime especially to Asta and Yuno. That motherfucker of a brother telling her that her existence is unnecessary, though. Wow. Fuck you, maan. Don't let that get into you, girl. Your existence matters. Fuck him!

5/5 for this episode. And somehow I finally got used to Asta's voice. So, I can survive watching every episode of this anime. Hehe.

GreeenSponge said:

pretty much sums up the whole anime lol

I laughed so hard when he said that. Haha. I love Asta. Lmfao.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 25, 2017 8:14 AM
Aug 2015
TheDoggoneGirl said:
Wow. Nice seeing those captains. These captains are special then and one of them can be the future Wizard King. I want to see the current Wizard King, though. Damnit.
I saw some people curious about the current Wizard King/Magic Emperor. Well, he is actually
renzosparkOct 25, 2017 8:23 AM
Oct 25, 2017 10:39 AM

Jul 2016
Some of the outfits in this episode. Juuni Taisen has some competition for worst fashion sense of the season now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2017 11:54 AM

Apr 2014
The wizard king was actually in the episode.
Oct 25, 2017 12:08 PM
Mar 2016
Too bad Sekke underestimated Asta too much that he has no idea it is the only thing he's very good at.......
Oct 25, 2017 1:15 PM

Jun 2015
I loved it when Asta pulled out his sword and kicked that guy's butt.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 25, 2017 1:32 PM

May 2012
THe main girl finally appear. I hope she get more screen time next episode. She looks so hot and has nice sexy legs !!
Oct 25, 2017 2:57 PM

Oct 2010
This is not bad as people are making it out to be, even if both main characters are a bit weak. Eagerly waiting for the next episode.

Asta's sword seems Tensa Zangetsu rip off though (Shikai with bankai colour scheme). I haven't watched Naruto so can't on similarities on that front.
'Ask her to wait a moment— I am almost done.' - Carl Friedrich Gauss ( When told, while working, that his wife was dying).
Oct 25, 2017 5:02 PM

Mar 2015
Z4k said:
The wizard king was actually in the episode.

"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 25, 2017 5:02 PM

Jan 2011
okay episode pretty standard stuff that one moment of self-awareness would be great if it actually effected him from here on out but i doubt it lol..
Oct 25, 2017 7:06 PM

Jan 2013
Finally!!! Something happened xD I mean Asta wasn't completely useless and did something!
Really hope it will get even better now.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 25, 2017 8:27 PM

Feb 2017
This was a really great episode. We finally get to see more characters and I like the designs of the captains, except the Violet one. Nozel gives me Byakyua feels. He even got the little sister. Speaking of her, this is the first time we've seen the girl from the OP. Wonder what role she's going to play. IDK which Captain I like the best yet. Also Sakke is a butt, but Asta beating him was obvious. I wonder how the captains will react when they see Asta's grimore. For some reason I think Asta's going to end up with Yami and Yuno is going to end up with William.

4/5

Holy crap. A episode when most people that watch it loved it? I didn't seeing that coming at all :|
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Oct 25, 2017 11:08 PM

Jul 2015
This episode was much better than past 3. Hope it keeps going well.
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Oct 25, 2017 11:12 PM

Sep 2012
I don't mind it so far. I also don't mind the pacing (I've never read the manga). I'm looking forward to what's to come if it really does have 51 episodes. Also Asta's voice got a bit better after episode 1.
Oct 26, 2017 12:46 AM
Feb 2016
Asta > Hinata in Haikyu!!,while yuno resembles to kageyama :D
This anime will be great for long cour episode,since the manga is long ahead already.. CHILLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Oct 26, 2017 11:53 AM

Jan 2016
Glad it's back on track!
Oct 26, 2017 2:34 PM

Mar 2010
I actually enjoyed this episode WAY more than second chapter of the manga!
Do pop-up headlights really endanger pedestrians that much?
Oct 26, 2017 3:46 PM

Jun 2017
Wow, I enjoyed! Things seemed to be picking up now.

That outro song is really good!
Oct 26, 2017 5:33 PM

Apr 2012
only thing so far that annoys me is that loud yelling from Asta.
Oct 26, 2017 9:00 PM

Oct 2007
I knew it was building up to the end, we all knew. Still amazing way to end an episode. That's the kind of protagonist I prefer to see in my books and anime. Just kick ass.
Oct 27, 2017 5:05 AM

May 2014
YAMI
A bara character! Great.
Now to see who to pair him up with xD

Decent episode, now I'm a little more interested.
I'm really liking how the music kicks in before the episode ends, loved it in HxH, Re:Zero and basically any anime that does that.

Oct 27, 2017 10:51 AM

Jun 2013
the fuck is Marilyn Manson doing here?!
Oct 27, 2017 3:32 PM

Apr 2012
Pretty predictable episode, but I kinda enjoyed it. It was funny and interesting, I like the new characters.

Also...

That's it. That's the whole show.

Oct 27, 2017 4:40 PM

Nov 2013
TheEnhancedExe said:
Compared to other manga it was fast paced. The current arc is nearly double the length of the second longest arc (sports festival arc). Those two arcs are the only arcs with more than 20 chapters. 15-17 chapters is pretty short for an arc. It's not fast paced in the way tbat things are rushed, but rather that the content is cut short. Stain Arc is probably the best example of an arc that would've been longer if the manga was slower paced. If you've read the current arc, it is obvious that the pacing got slower with chapter 115. The current arc is way slower paced and has way more content than the ones before.

hmm. That's a good point, but I still feel as though it's only "slow" because we have to wait a week between chapters |'D
That said, I did catch it still updating during the previous two arcs so I believe you do have a point. They do have more things fleshed out in the newer arcs than the previous ones.

That still said, I'm still dead convinced the pacing for this anime is ok 8V Nobody can convince me otherwise.
Oct 28, 2017 1:54 AM
Aug 2014
Upgraded rating from 4 to 7. That was quite a serious and eventful, episode. Srta gave me Fairytail vibes though.
Oct 28, 2017 6:01 AM
Mar 2016
Alyxsandre said:
TheEnhancedExe said:
Compared to other manga it was fast paced. The current arc is nearly double the length of the second longest arc (sports festival arc). Those two arcs are the only arcs with more than 20 chapters. 15-17 chapters is pretty short for an arc. It's not fast paced in the way tbat things are rushed, but rather that the content is cut short. Stain Arc is probably the best example of an arc that would've been longer if the manga was slower paced. If you've read the current arc, it is obvious that the pacing got slower with chapter 115. The current arc is way slower paced and has way more content than the ones before.

hmm. That's a good point, but I still feel as though it's only "slow" because we have to wait a week between chapters |'D
That said, I did catch it still updating during the previous two arcs so I believe you do have a point. They do have more things fleshed out in the newer arcs than the previous ones.

That still said, I'm still dead convinced the pacing for this anime is ok 8V Nobody can convince me otherwise.

I've been up to date with the manga since chapter 45 which is the first chapter of the Stain Arc. So I needed to wait one week for a new chapter back then as well. Up until the
the arcs didn't feel as slow as the current one. Not that I mind that the current arc is longer, it's actually better than all arcs being as short as the previous ones.

I also never said I'm not fine with how it's paced. The pacing of the anime is perfect. I don't mind pacing as much as others as long as it isn't too slow or too fast. The previous pacing wasn't too fast and the current pacing isn't too slow.
Despite not having that much content, Horikoshi was able to create enjoyable arcs with really great moments. Now that there's more content, he fleshes out the arc more and adds a lot more details, characters to work with, etc.

I really like the way Horikoshi is handling everything and I hope he continues that way.

As for Black Clover, the manga's arcs gradually got longer over time, not such a sudden jump the way Boku no Hero Academia handled it. I think I enjoyed it the most until Arc 4. After that, I didn't enjoy it as much, the most recent Arc (Arc 8) had a few great moments though. But it's noticeable that the story writing has quite a few flaws. There haven't been any plotholes so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if it will end up having lots of plotholes.

Boku no Hero Academia's story writing kind of feels more similar to One Piece while the story writing Black Clover has to offer feels more similar to Naruto. I feel like Horikoshi knows exactly what he is doing and what he wants to do while Tabata (mangaka of Black Clover) doesn't really think that far ahead. I feel like Tabata might only write the story of the next arc right now while Horikoshi is already 3-4 Arcs ahead or even has the vast majority of his story written down already.

Oda for example already had the story of One Piece written down for the most part before he even started his manga and is only adding more stuff, changing up a few things, etc since then. Kishimoto on the other hand didn't even know how to kill off the final antagonist of Naruto, so he just introduced an even stronger antagonist 20 chapters before the manga ended. The first time that character got mentioned was about 50 chapters before the manga ended. So basically, he had no plan how to wrap up things within the story. This is a big issue when you haven't planned out your story beforehand or planned everything out during the release of the manga. I haven't read or watched Fairy Tail, but I believe that Fairy Tail had the same issue, but it was even worse from what I've heard.
Oct 28, 2017 7:20 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Felt like I was watching Naruto + Fairy Tail + Bleach at the same time.

The background characters really liked to hype things up, made me cringe to be honest, a bit worse than what Fairy Tail did.

Very predictable, I hope next episode will be more interesting at the very least.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 28, 2017 10:04 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
if the Black Bulls is a "rare" knights, i supose that Asta will end with them!!! kekeke
Oct 28, 2017 1:12 PM

Apr 2017
I'm kinda starting to like this. The first two eps were bad, but this may become a decent shounen. I just hope they will go the same path as manga goes and it could be good.
Oct 28, 2017 3:49 PM

Nov 2013
TheEnhancedExe said:
I also never said I'm not fine with how it's paced. The pacing of the anime is perfect. I don't mind pacing as much as others as long as it isn't too slow or too fast. The previous pacing wasn't too fast and the current pacing isn't too slow.
Oh bahaha I didn't mean you specifically XD
I made that note as a general comment to everyone who thinks it's going too fast.

Also I think I've read somewhere that Horikoshi actually has up to the end of BNHA planned out (I believe it may have been an interview). He just modifies/edits the chapters depending on the situation.
Oct 28, 2017 7:08 PM

Jan 2014
As much as I hate MC, I'm glad he crushed the cocky guy lmao.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 28, 2017 9:05 PM
Jul 2014
This show is so bad but I'm still watching it for some reason i can't fathom.

Is it just me or does it take the worst parts of Naruto and Blue Exorcist and mashes them up into a plot loosely reminiscent of Fairy Tail?
Oct 29, 2017 2:59 AM
Aug 2017
renzospark said:
TheDoggoneGirl said:
I saw some people curious about the current Wizard King/Magic Emperor. Well, he is actually

The way you used guild is funny since it reminded me of Fairy tail. But they are not guilds but knight squads.
Oct 29, 2017 3:06 AM
Aug 2015
Himawari9 said:
renzospark said:

The way you used guild is funny since it reminded me of Fairy tail. But they are not guilds but knight squads.
lol, sorry i watched it with non-english subtitle so i didn't know what it's called in English. Thanks for the correction, will remember it!
renzosparkOct 29, 2017 3:09 AM
Oct 29, 2017 3:20 AM
Aug 2017
renzospark said:
Himawari9 said:

lol, sorry i watched it with non-english subtitle so i didn't know what it's called in English. Thanks for the correction, will remember it!

It is nothing to be sorry about. After all, I don't know what they are called in the original Japanese.
Oct 29, 2017 4:39 AM

Jul 2015
Low_Ki said:
This show is so bad but I'm still watching it for some reason i can't fathom.

You secretly find it interesting and hope for it to get better for you. :v
Oct 29, 2017 5:58 AM

Feb 2015
Just here to bring up the 5/5 poll average. I don't know why people are giving this anime such a hard time. Okay it's not original but it's decent. Maybe it's because I haven't seen much shounen anime that I'm not sick of this story.

YUU KOBAYASHI IS IN THIS ANIME!!! AHHHH! Fangirling aside, this almost makes up for Asta's ear-grating yelling. Almost. So glad to hear her, the last time I heard her in an anime was Attack on Titan Season 2.

The characters are eccentric, but there's too many of them and the purpose of the squads hasn't been made clear. I wonder which one will take Asta. Also I swear the bug guy is the one who attacked Asta, Yuno and those guys from the village. He's got that overly-villainous looking face.
Oct 30, 2017 1:17 AM

Apr 2017
So Black Clover?

We HxH now?... Copyright infringement stereotypes from a cheap third rate animation crap isn't your thing right?
-HippySnob-Oct 30, 2017 1:21 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Nov 1, 2017 7:29 PM

Oct 2015
I think Asta has potential to be great if only he would tone it down a little and stop spouting nonsense all the time.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 3, 2017 3:48 AM

Jul 2016
Please Asta... stop yelling ;-;' i can't bear it anymore (;-;)
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2018

80 by RaToxic »»
Yesterday, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2020

92 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 147 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2020

47 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 7:08 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 120 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2020

116 by Ishiryoku »»
May 3, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2019

67 by Ishiryoku »»
May 3, 1:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.