Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2017 10:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, these girls actually performed well in the finale despite having a bit of anxiety. Tickets even sold out of their show too.

For the finale, it went with the way I had expected to. Hell, even the voice acting of that monster was spot on.
Sep 28, 2017 2:49 PM

Apr 2010
it was a nice and funny anime to watch how one superhero lover and girl that was trying to make her sister happy grew out to be splendid heroins with their friends.
The characters where nice as well.
And they grew over the course of the anime even tho one was down till the most importuned moment, tho she managed to overcome her anxiety as well.
Which made for a great final.
Sep 29, 2017 3:15 AM

May 2009
It was way better than what I expected when starting the serie.
The final was great and I'm glad to see Genki getting more spotlight. ^^
Captain was unlucky up to the end... :|
Sep 29, 2017 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
DO NOT GIVE IN TO EVIL AND INJUSTICE

Mikan looks and behaves exactly like Minami Kotori. If you like this you need to be ashamed! Love Live is Love, Love Live is Life, any and all copycats must be decimated. Any and all copycat lovers must be shamed.

SHAME
SHAME
SHAME

Sep 30, 2017 11:24 AM

Jun 2015
This was a pretty good finale. The girls gave a wonder performance. Misaki joined them at the last minute. She overcame her curse and realized the girls need her. They've come a long way from where they were before. They did a good job.
Sep 30, 2017 11:36 AM

Sep 2013
Good performance to make misaki join them and she comes through despite all the misfortune.
Genki joins the performance even with her wheelchair and the little girls are form their own group :) 8/10
Sep 30, 2017 2:49 PM

Aug 2014
That was some impeccable improv, and amazing stageshow overall. So far the most satisfying ending of the season.

Sucks they're still second place to Kamidaio though; at least let them have first for the finale. I sense some bias in the hero poll. Also they have 8 heroes and 1 villain now??
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 30, 2017 3:45 PM

Dec 2016
I had a feeling they would do something during the show to make Misaki want to go there.

Thanks goodness Misaki wasn't badly hurt from that bike accident or that fall.

Great show they put on.

I like how they even got Genki into the show for their second season.

Now just wondering if there will be another season? They have the #2 spot so they still have to try and make it to the top.

Pretty good anime, I enjoyed it from start to finish, watching them all start from scratch and everything they went through to get to where are now.
Sep 30, 2017 4:47 PM

May 2015
A decent finale I guess, but unfortunately, it was a pretty underwhelming and mediocre show in general in my opinion. But it had its moment, I guess.

5/10.

Sep 30, 2017 7:20 PM

Oct 2010
I thought that was a clever take on the trope of having the quitter return at the last possible moment.

Didn't Misaki go somewhere by train? But she was able to get back by bike and foot within the duration of the performance. I thought the Momoi construction company might have a helicopter waiting for her near the hotel. :D

@dariken Maybe they're simply tired of singing idols :) Toward the right on your Theory of Elitism chart, many people start to place higher value on anything than breaks the monotony, even if only by a little bit.

For example, @Fircoal's review: "Love Live but better. (...) First, the foremost interesting point about Action Heroine Cheer Fruits is its subject matter. Rather than be the thousandth iteration of an idol anime it focuses on something else entirely, that being super sentai like units." https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=259258

I've barely seen any singing idol anime and I want to see more, so when I eventually watch Love Live, I'll probably like it more than this show.
Sep 30, 2017 8:50 PM
Dec 2015
Good show. This did not deserve 6.44. Attest give this 7. Was a good time pass anime.
Oct 1, 2017 9:51 PM

Jul 2015
ALL THE FEELS. Poor Misaki feels like a bad luck charm, which is understandable, God loves messing with very specific people in different ways. But hey, they use the show to get her back on her feet... kind of... she tripped a lot getting there, but she did actually get there and cleaned up nicely.

Play itself was decent, with a whole lot of time, as in, nearly the entire episode, dedicated to the actual performance instead of a small part of the episode, which was good. This was a good finale. This was a pretty good anime... kind of... like, it started off good, and I was really into at first, but it became kind of a chore to sit through towards the end, like, the charm of the series didn't last the whole ride... 6/10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 1, 2017 11:45 PM

Mar 2009
It was kind of a cute show. Not much to say about this one, really. Pleasant show.

I like how Genki's going to perform from now on. Good for her. :)
Oct 4, 2017 9:42 PM
Mar 2012
Started interesting with the dialogue, action & stage play town revival theme, but quickly lost steam (& budget) partway. The Misaki jinx subplot was good but dragged the mid parts. Tho a fairly good end that ties the play with her characterization to bring her back. And none of the characters were annoying.
Oct 4, 2017 11:32 PM

Oct 2008
The script that they performed is a customised ad-lib one that is targeted to Misaki so that all the girls could persuade her to go back at the show!
Such a satisfying episode finale!
5/5.
7/10.

Oct 5, 2017 11:18 AM

Dec 2014
best animu in da world :<

Nov 5, 2017 9:56 AM

Dec 2012
Good scenario for this last representation. It was sure that they would play the scene with Misaki, but I liked how they improvised in front of three thousand people.

Nice anime with an original concept :)
Dec 14, 2017 7:01 PM

Jan 2013
Good final episode. The only thing I very much disliked was the bicycle scene where she crashed it was too unbelievable for me seeing I've crashed when I owned a bike and no way she'll jump over a rail on a bike like that even at that speed. Looked like a beach cruiser type too. Other then that the rest was good even the play was far above the rest.

dariken said:

Mikan looks and behaves exactly like Minami Kotori. If you like this you need to be ashamed! Love Live is Love, Love Live is Life, any and all copycats must be decimated. Any and all copycat lovers must be shamed.

SHAME
SHAME
SHAME

lol, glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the similarity. I noticed she was a dead give away of Kotori since episode 1 that was kept me watching at first.
Jan 19, 2018 5:39 AM
Aug 2014
This show is really unpopular isn't it, not even 2.500 have completed it.

Thought it was a fairly enjoyable show, but I didn't really see the need for the overarching storyline of the theatre closing and the actual ranking system didn't really do much either.

The show did a pretty good job on the characters with only 13 episodes.

Overall a solid 6/10.
Apr 1, 2018 10:17 PM

Aug 2014
pretty boring overall and the hanayamata like ending was stupid..
Mar 25, 2019 4:34 PM

Oct 2015
It was a nice ending, reminded me a lot of love live.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Oct 17, 2019 10:12 AM

Jan 2015
dariken said:

SHAME
SHAME
SHAME

I prefer mikan to kotori, even though she is an copycat
I love Mikan, episode 1 impressed me

5/10

Jul 8, 2020 10:59 PM

Mar 2018
The most underrated CGDCT anime I've ever seen.

Apr 13, 2021 2:30 PM

Feb 2020
I'm glad Misaki came back, after all.

That was a fantastic performance. I'm proud of you, girls! You did a great job. :)

Overall, a great show. Very cute and entertaining. I really liked the characters and their chemistry.

SerafosDec 12, 2023 12:59 PM
Sep 21, 2023 9:15 PM

Sep 2020
Great finale, tied with 1st ep as best of show!

Very good series overall, especially with the twist on the usual idol theme.

8.5 honeysuckle lemon drops /10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Action Heroine Cheer Fruits Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2017

8 by SlammyHammy »»
Sep 21, 2023 9:21 PM

Poll: » Action Heroine Cheer Fruits Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2017

18 by SlammyHammy »»
Sep 20, 2023 9:23 PM

Poll: » Action Heroine Cheer Fruits Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2017

12 by Serafos »»
Apr 13, 2021 1:07 PM

Poll: » Action Heroine Cheer Fruits Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2017

10 by Serafos »»
Apr 13, 2021 12:06 PM

Poll: » Action Heroine Cheer Fruits Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2017

13 by Serafos »»
Apr 13, 2021 11:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.