Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2017 10:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cute twins. This episode had some background storytelling about the Aoyama siblings. Basically, I think this show is giving all of its main cast some spotlight.

Between the two girls, I like Yuuki more for her confidence.
Aug 3, 2017 12:06 PM

Apr 2010
So basically Yukki developed a sort of stage fright because of her trauma, she got over it with some help of Genki tho.
And it seems the girls are on the right track again even gaining a few positions on the ranking list.
But it seems more trouble is on the horizon with the pink haired girl making another appearance, and not sneaking around this time.
Aug 3, 2017 12:17 PM

Sep 2015
Hmm, a little bit not fond of the new blue-haired girl Yuuki but her character still ok I guess. 5 episodes in and I am still impressed at how each girls' personality is distinct, very fresh to see new expression from them everytime.

New girl coming up next. I know she goes to the same school but when you have a close look up at her, she actually looks very young like a kid lol.

Anyway, members who actually like this series maybe can help write some good reviews about this:)
Aug 5, 2017 11:55 AM

Jun 2015
Yuuki experienced some trauma, but with the help of Genki, she was able to get over it and join Cheer Fruits. Got to see some backstory for them. They always looked out for each other. Looks like another character is joining next episode.
Aug 5, 2017 1:55 PM

Jun 2012
Good thing Yuki didn't went to school, her PTSD would get worse :) Once again, very fun episode, that "Kamen Rider super sentai show" KR and SS are two different show, from same Tokusatsu genre :)
Aug 5, 2017 3:15 PM

Sep 2013
Yuuki has anxiety cause she was rejected from her idol work, her VA is a former AKB48 idol too :'(
But she bounces back with help and she joins the team.
Aug 5, 2017 4:16 PM

May 2015
Decent episode. Looks like they're slowly ranking up and Yuuki overcame her past trauma.

Aug 5, 2017 7:37 PM

Apr 2011
Yuki finally joins Cheer Fruits. She's a big help in improving the team and that right person when they need to add music. Good thing they didn't use a song from akasaka but instead use an original, otherwise, its another copyright claim.
Aug 5, 2017 9:43 PM

Dec 2016
Really happy that Yuki joined the group and started dancing and singing again.

Not sure why she is a Mexican though, oh well whatever works.

Nice, next time the pink haired girl will feature.
Aug 6, 2017 10:44 PM

Oct 2008
As soon as Aoyama Yuuki Cheer Fruits, their local heroine ranking jumped-up at 185th place!
Up next is the twin-tailed haired girl who is a total fan of Misaki!
4/5.

Aug 8, 2017 4:11 AM

Jul 2015
That beginning bit was weird... And so is her paranoia (or more like, the way it was portrayed just kind of seemed weird to me)... could be worse though, she could have been a total shut-in BECAUSE of her paranoia, so at least it didn't get that far. Would have been a whole lot more trouble. And now they are idols.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 10, 2017 6:56 AM

Nov 2011
No new episode this week.
Aug 11, 2017 1:13 PM

Oct 2014
Stark700 said:
No new episode this week.

Sad :( #obligatory15letterslimittag
Aug 12, 2017 9:15 AM

Apr 2014
a nice ep liked how the idol sister finally gone free of her issues

but am looking forward to next ep as finally Hatsuri will be fully in already liking her from what little we did sse of her and plus she got the weird eye brows which imo is super cute so i can wait to see how she interacts with the group

also looks like she likes Misaki so will be fun to see how the interactions with Roko will be
"one step at a time"
Aug 14, 2017 6:45 AM

Nov 2015
Good story this week but I've rarely seen lower budget animation. Like every action scene was just still images. I was appalled by the low budget this time. No excuses for this.
Aug 14, 2017 7:26 AM
Mar 2012
delta5 said:
Good story this week but I've rarely seen lower budget animation. Like every action scene was just still images. I was appalled by the low budget this time. No excuses for this.

ya seems they lost budget suddenly.
Yuuki sisters backstory was fine tho & ok song.
Feb 6, 2020 10:25 AM

Jun 2017
LukesYGO_WSonYT said:

This reply comes a bit late, but I'm only discovering this show now.

She specifically says she's from Cuernavaca, in the state of Morelos, a "sister city of Hirano". Hirano is inspired in the city of Otaki (Chiba prefecture), as shown in another thread here ("Location") -- and yes, Cuernavaca and Otaki are sister cities.

"Otaki has been a sister city of the city of Cuernavaca since August 3, 1978. In 1609 on the way from the Philippines back to Mexico, Governor-General Don Rodrigo and company were aground wrecked on Onjuku coast not far from Otaki because of a large storm. Local fishermen rescued them. Otaki lord Yoritomo Honda (the second son of Tadakatsu Honda) gave them a warm welcome. The Edo shogunate provided a new sailing ship with them so that they could arrive in Mexico safely. It is the start of cultural interchanges between Japan and Mexico. Even now, mutual participation to various events is increasing. The town invites Mexican counterparts to Otakijo Castle festival."
http://kankouotaki.com/eotakijo.html

You can find lots of local references throughout he show. I for one find this kind of stuff fascinating.

Apr 13, 2021 6:14 AM

Feb 2020
Poor Yuuko. Her backstory was a bit sad.

I'm happy she joined Cheer Fruits. Now everything looks much better for her. ^^

Her paranoid thoughts were quite funny btw.

SerafosDec 12, 2023 2:13 AM
Sep 20, 2023 9:23 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to Tirinchas
LukesYGO_WSonYT said:

This reply comes a bit late, but I'm only discovering this show now.

She specifically says she's from Cuernavaca, in the state of Morelos, a "sister city of Hirano". Hirano is inspired in the city of Otaki (Chiba prefecture), as shown in another thread here ("Location") -- and yes, Cuernavaca and Otaki are sister cities.

"Otaki has been a sister city of the city of Cuernavaca since August 3, 1978. In 1609 on the way from the Philippines back to Mexico, Governor-General Don Rodrigo and company were aground wrecked on Onjuku coast not far from Otaki because of a large storm. Local fishermen rescued them. Otaki lord Yoritomo Honda (the second son of Tadakatsu Honda) gave them a warm welcome. The Edo shogunate provided a new sailing ship with them so that they could arrive in Mexico safely. It is the start of cultural interchanges between Japan and Mexico. Even now, mutual participation to various events is increasing. The town invites Mexican counterparts to Otakijo Castle festival."
http://kankouotaki.com/eotakijo.html

You can find lots of local references throughout he show. I for one find this kind of stuff fascinating.
@Tirinchas Thanks for this!
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Action Heroine Cheer Fruits Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2017

8 by SlammyHammy »»
Sep 21, 2023 9:21 PM

Poll: » Action Heroine Cheer Fruits Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

24 by SlammyHammy »»
Sep 21, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Action Heroine Cheer Fruits Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2017

12 by Serafos »»
Apr 13, 2021 1:07 PM

Poll: » Action Heroine Cheer Fruits Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2017

10 by Serafos »»
Apr 13, 2021 12:06 PM

Poll: » Action Heroine Cheer Fruits Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2017

13 by Serafos »»
Apr 13, 2021 11:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.