Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 2, 2017 12:05 AM
May 2012
ttcchen said:
Tengai said:
wow, all might was really fucking them up. they shouldn't be alive after that.

yeah, it's you. bakugo is a piece of shit of a character. he's shallow. he's a whiny little bitch. i thought maybe he'd be able to redeem himself this season but no. and don't tell me he's got some issues with midoriya because blah blah blah. he's like that to everyone, even to all might whom he apparently admires. he's just a problem child for absolutely no reason.
Redemption doesnt come that fast. It takes time, especially for someone like bakugo. It'll take a while to change the way he treats things and people, especially since hes been like that his entire life. However, he is slowly changing. And if u havent noticed how hes changing little by little (like working together with deku and allowing deku to use and TOUCH something that's HIS, which is a HUGE step for bakugo) then "someone hasn't been paying attention."

yes, redemption does take time, and you would think that with these 26 episodes we'd get something, but no. he's been like that his entire life? why? what did midoriya even do to him? all we got is that stupid flashback where he got pissed when midoriya came to help him. see, that's the bullshit. his pride, his superiority complex are just a bunch of crap. and are you telling me he did those things because he's changing? he just wanted to win. you are the one who isn't paying attention. even when he was crying all he ever did was talk about himself.
Oct 2, 2017 1:07 AM

Sep 2011
Tengai said:
ttcchen said:
Redemption doesnt come that fast. It takes time, especially for someone like bakugo. It'll take a while to change the way he treats things and people, especially since hes been like that his entire life. However, he is slowly changing. And if u havent noticed how hes changing little by little (like working together with deku and allowing deku to use and TOUCH something that's HIS, which is a HUGE step for bakugo) then "someone hasn't been paying attention."

yes, redemption does take time, and you would think that with these 26 episodes we'd get something, but no. he's been like that his entire life? why? what did midoriya even do to him? all we got is that stupid flashback where he got pissed when midoriya came to help him. see, that's the bullshit. his pride, his superiority complex are just a bunch of crap. and are you telling me he did those things because he's changing? he just wanted to win. you are the one who isn't paying attention. even when he was crying all he ever did was talk about himself.

Bakugo in episode one would've rather lost then let Deku help him. Bakugo now is willing to put aside and acknowledge Deku's progress and strength which shows the growth he's had as a person and it only escalate from here.
Oct 2, 2017 1:18 AM
May 2012
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Tengai said:

Bakugo in episode one would've rather lost then let Deku help him. Bakugo now is willing to put aside and acknowledge Deku's progress and strength which shows the growth he's had as a person and it only escalate from here.

nope, it was always about him. you are giving him too much credit, if he really did, he would have mentioned it. he should.
Oct 2, 2017 4:03 AM

Sep 2011
Tengai said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

nope, it was always about him. you are giving him too much credit, if he really did, he would have mentioned it. he should.

Whatever, dood. You clearly are only going to see what you want to see.
Oct 2, 2017 4:21 AM
May 2012
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Tengai said:

Whatever, dood. You clearly are only going to see what you want to see.

well, same goes to you.
Oct 2, 2017 6:49 AM

Oct 2015
That was an epic exam with an intense fight between Bakugo, Midoriya shounen versus All might. All might really went out on them and they also gave their best especially Kacchan, he went down fighting. I am glad they won by escaping but that punch from Deku to All was awesome, I will say this episode was the best in all of episodes I have watched in any kind of anime this year. I didn't even pay attention to those league of villains in the end.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 3, 2017 1:37 PM

Jun 2013
fuck that was epic
Oct 7, 2017 2:46 PM
Mar 2015
G_Spark233 said:
This episode showed once again why Bakugou is such a great character.

All Might's power is insane! Poor Midoriya and Bakugou got completely destroyed.

I like how All Might noted how Midoriya and Bakugou were keeping building damage low with their big plan.

I hope we get a season 3 so we can see more of her.

She does look interesting. Wanna see what she's like.
Oct 27, 2017 11:21 PM

Feb 2015
I have to say that the fight was incredible, Deku and Kacchan didn't make a good team until they received a pair of punches, fighting All Might is not that easy, overcome the biggest wall for a hero is a job that only the best can do. Deku, Kacchan, Todoroki and Iida have a lot of potential, expecting an interesting development for them.
Oct 30, 2017 2:04 AM

Jul 2013
That was awesome Deku did a good job hitting All Mighto with everything he's got I thought he'll be more reluctant to do it. If he wants to surpass him he should stop idolizing him so much.
Nov 1, 2017 3:13 PM

May 2010
Bakugo got a little bit better during this episode, but I still can't stand him >_> Especially when he's around Deku.

Their fight with All Might was super fun to watch though, loved especially the scene when he punched Bakugo WITH Midoriya, that was epic as fuck xD And they still won, that's impressive!
New female villain appears, I feel like she had a cameo last season? She does look... fun.
Nov 7, 2017 5:45 AM

Mar 2015
Another brilliant episode, despite Kacchan's unbearable stubbornness it looks like he can change for the better as well.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 20, 2017 6:57 PM

Sep 2013
I figured the All Might battle would be a 2-parter. I wonder what the final episode will bring...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 4, 2017 11:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I would have liked to enjoy this more, but Bakugou the screamer is simply the most obnoxious character in modern fiction.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 6, 2017 3:41 PM

Dec 2009
Fucking loved that episode. Something about All Might beating the ever living shit out of Izuku and Bakugou was amazing.

Like seriously did not hold back. Damn All might
Dec 18, 2017 5:53 AM
Dec 2017
The peak of this ep would be when Deku punch Bakugo and said "don't say you better not win" "try use me before giving up" That was real cool! and it really let Bakugo lower his pride down :D I've always cheer deku to be confident like this when he's with Bakugo.

Deku's always unconfident in front of Bakugo but he’s different when he’s with others. Especially when he see someone in danger, he’s very brave and cool.

But think in Bakugo’s aspect, it was like Deku has always had something but never show it to Bakugo, only show it to others. This makes Bakugo feels he has been tricked all these times and makes him so pissed off with deku. Actually since their childhood, Deku has always been able to think by himself, not just always follow Bakugo like other kids. Deeply inside Bakugo’s mind, I think Bakugo knew that Deku has something that can beat him but never show it.

If you watched/read Assassination Classroom, DekuxBakugo is actually similar to NagisaxKarma, the episode they fight whether they should try to save sensei. Karma think back why they grew apart in 1st year. It was because he knew from back then that Nagisa has something that could beat him even though Nagisa seems dangerless like that and it bothers his mind, he feel unsafe and so later they grew apart.

In Bakugo’s case, deku also bothers his mind and make him feel unsafe like Nagisa did to Karma too but Bakugo react different from Karma. Bakugo just intimidates deku more so he can feel assure and feels he still above this pathetic-look guy.

If you think back, Bakugo has been teased and made fun of by other U.A. students many times but he never actually hate them. He just do a very normal way people get teased would do, like “what did you say?” and ‘act angry’ at them. He never did the same way he did to Deku to other students. It’s because he’s actually not a jerk that like to pick on others nor has superiority complex that can't stand being made fun of but the reason why Bakugo pick on Deku so much is because deku always act weak toward him when he’s actually not weak and Bakugo, as someone always act out how he feels and always have confidence, can’t understand deku. On the other hand, Deku doesn’t acknowledge his own strength. He has low self-confidence and he always admire Bakugo’s confidence. That’s why he always seems so weak in front of Bakugo.

The relationship of these two will never resolve if they don’t talk with their fist. Coz if they just talk, deku would just speak the same way he always did which looks too pathetic for Bakugo’s view and Bakugo would get pissed off and shout and never get to talk, like in this episode(24).

Jan 6, 2018 7:32 PM

Jul 2013
Crazy episode. I always get goosebumps if I see All Might or Midoriya fight. And seeing both of them against each other + Bakugou was the best. I knew Midoriya would have problems with Bakugou. This episode showed perfect how much Bakugou really hates Midoriya and how pride he is. He always wants to win and it seems he thinks Midoriya would interfere him.

He doesn't want help, just doing everything on his own. That first punch of All Might was out of this world. But also everything what came afterwards. He's so much faster, so much stronger and that even with his limitation he has. And his eyes are something I haven't seen often in an anime.

Good thing Midoriya decided to flee with Bakugou, but the conversation after went off as bad as always. At least Midoriyas words that Bakugou should use him before he gives up seem to help a little bit. Her combination of attacking All Might and running after that was a good idea but it didn't do anything. Imagine, All Might had these super heavy bracelets on and he broke Bakugous gloves as it was nothing.

When All Might hit Midoriyas back I thought he broke it in half. That looked so bad. But respect for both Midoriya and Bakugou. Midoriyas face in this scene and his "smash" was such an "omg" moment.

I hope one day they will show All Mights past. I want to see how strong he was before his injury so badly. >.<

That ending doesn't promise anything good. 2 new characters who want to join Shigaraki.

I can't believe that there's only one episode left. :(
Anyway PLUS ULTRA!!!!
Natsu88Jan 6, 2018 7:37 PM

Jan 9, 2018 10:42 PM

Jul 2014
Fucking amazing episode. Contrasting emotions and personalities and an insight to the pinnacle that is All Might's true power. I can't wait for the third season to put more highlight on Tomura.
Jan 22, 2018 11:11 AM

May 2013
All Might is so cool that it's almost as blinding as his smile lol.

<33333333 I love All Might :') he'd be the #1 villain haha :P

Baku getting thrown around and beat up was so satisfying. Esp the part where he threw up at All Might's punch LMAO. He needs some sense beat into him to get past all that ego of his xD at least he cooperated with Deku for a bit >.> wasn't bad at the end when he was fighting against All Might to get Deku to escape. Still don't like Baku that much tho :PPP

Deku would make the best hero out of everyone just because he doesn't leave anyone behind. He's like a mini All Might and it's nice ^^ like Gran Torino said, it's just their base personalities that are different, but their sense of justice is the same as well as their reckless rationale during battle
Jan 23, 2018 1:38 PM

Jul 2017
I sitill don't know if I find Bakugo potencially interesting or just annoying. He has his moments on both fronts.

Anyway it was a nice battle and I'm glad they passed the exam.

I loved Deku's smile before punching All Might on the face.
Mar 14, 2018 11:14 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Holy fucking shit, bakugo is literally testing my patience.
And I would like to know what the bakugo fans are smoking.
Apr 6, 2018 10:16 AM

May 2016
AWESOME!!!

THAT WAS SO COOL!!!

10/10
Apr 6, 2018 8:37 PM
Dec 2014
First part was so cringy with Katsuki screaming all the time.Second part have night fight scenes.
May 17, 2018 2:41 PM

May 2014
animefan8800 said:
And unfortunately he has to do so with Bakugo, imo the douchiest, most obnoxious character in the series. But hey, let's see WHY young Bakugo is such a douche. Oh, what's that? Absolutely no good reason at all? Okay then, sure. Well I did at least get an enormous amount of pleasure from seeing All Might make him spew. That was awesome, we need more of that! :D[/img]

Yeah, I know every popular shounen needs to have a Vegeta, but Bakugo is easily my least favorite of all the Vegatas. I think his douche levels are way too over the top, beyond just a harsh rivalry. This guy seriously HATES Deku for trying to help him up one time when he fell down... not a very good explanation for his behavior towards Deku.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Aug 12, 2018 2:29 AM

Jun 2013

It’s finally Bakugo and Deku’s turn as a team. Jesus Christ, Bakujoe’s temper tantrums and ego is so annoying but his pride is probably all he has. He used to admire All Might, he’s just like Deku but the difference is that he wants to become better than All Might, defeat him and prove he’s number one. While Deku wants to make All Might proud and become as strong as him.

I’m glad they were able to work together while still retaining their own personalities: Bakugo’s unending pride, arrogance and great strength and Deku’s inability to let others suffer while letting allowing himself to win. In the end, they both passed.

We got to see the blonde-haired villain girl again. I can’t wait to meet more villains in this series.
臭い-
Aug 17, 2018 1:03 AM

Aug 2009
owlette said:
how do people actually like Bakugo? he's easily one of the worst characters. i really hope he gets better character development because so far he's been like "get out of my way! i am so cool and strong and no one else matters!" for no reason whatsoever, like i get it he hates Deku and is his rival or whatever but wtf. like this episode is the first time he slightly cooperated with Deku and still BARELY. the only good feature he has is that he's strong, that's literally it

DepravedMagi said:

this and this. I don't see the appeal whatsoever atm. so until I see some more development he is just unlikable. hell, for me he is almost irredeemable for straight up punching someone who simply wanted to help him. like wtf

Aug 19, 2018 2:39 AM

Mar 2010
I'm surprised people hate on Bakugo so much. It shows the difference in western vs. Japanese audience, I guess.

That aside, this was my favourite fight so far. 2 of my favourite characters against the strongest character. I really liked the scene where Midoriya punched Bakugo, I didn't expect that. And I also like the change in Bakugo already, I can't wait to see more of him.

I loved every single scene of this fight. From Midoriya and Bakugo struggle to them passing the exam. They have a huge potential as a team and I really hope that when they grow up, they will become a duo of heroes.
Aug 22, 2018 6:19 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
lovexLuffy said:
owlette said:
how do people actually like Bakugo? he's easily one of the worst characters. i really hope he gets better character development because so far he's been like "get out of my way! i am so cool and strong and no one else matters!" for no reason whatsoever, like i get it he hates Deku and is his rival or whatever but wtf. like this episode is the first time he slightly cooperated with Deku and still BARELY. the only good feature he has is that he's strong, that's literally it

DepravedMagi said:

this and this. I don't see the appeal whatsoever atm. so until I see some more development he is just unlikable. hell, for me he is almost irredeemable for straight up punching someone who simply wanted to help him. like wtf

Would you look at it, I see someone else with common sense
Sep 29, 2018 8:34 PM

Jun 2011
Why would All Might be that careless about destroying a city? Katsuki needs to follow the rules, he's supposed to team up with Izuku and he's not being a good sport. Why does that guy always got something bad to say about people? Did somebody hurt him? I feel like something traumatic has happened in this guy's past and I really want to know about it and why he's the way he is.

OMG, All Might made Katsuki throw up just like his elderly mentor did to him! All Might is really learning from his mentor! Yes, Izuku, punch Katsuki! He deserves that punch for being such a jerk to you and giving up the battle. Lol at Izuku jumping like a bunny after that.

Lol Recovery Girl's scolding All Might like a Grandma but I think he deserved that because he was being too carelessly bold with them.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Oct 6, 2018 2:50 PM

Feb 2015
Blonde girl at the end... I don't know but she seems crazy... like Harley or Junko crazy... hopefully she shows up more in the next season.
Oct 24, 2018 11:40 AM

Apr 2013
Well that as probably one of the worst episode of BnHA for me, which means it was still at least average. Probably because I hate Bakugo and Deku is too much like the usual protagonist.
Dec 9, 2018 10:41 AM

Mar 2012
was i the only one screaming WHERE ARE THE DAMN HANDCUFFS? the whole fight? all mighty grabbed both of them more than once and have openings for them to use them. i know the fight wouldn't have been nearly as epic if they did use it and passed the test but well, it seems everyone forgot they had that resource to win anyway.

i like bakugou. people keep saying he could be a perfect villain, but there it is, he isn't and doesn't want to be one. everyone expects him to go to the dark side, but he wants to be the best of heroes and he's actually good. bakugou is smart, has good combat skills and is really strong and well acquainted to his quirk but his biggest enemy is himself. i actually like that he is not afraid of not speaking his kind, even when he is wrong or unreasonable. he's gotta a problem with pride, ego and is very insecure but if he didn't he wouldn't have room to grow. people like deku and his determination but you know, they're very alike in their objectives, deku is just more likable because he's easier to deal with. i don't know if it's because i know actual people that are a bit like bakugou, explosive, aggressive and full of pride, but they have hearts of gold and are people that i do love very much, and me - i'm a lot like deku, much more than bakugou - would've liked to be more like him, but i do like bakugou as a character a lot. and i think that's what deku sees in him too, he admires the confidence, the part he lacks and the guy has, even if it's a little bit too much.
Feb 2, 2019 10:36 AM

May 2016
All Might really did feel like a villain in here. He's definitely holding back on them but it still looks like he has absolutely no mercy against them even if they're both his students because he places that much trust into their power and potential. They're dysfunctional together almost all the time but once they both realize that there's no other way forward alone, their polar opposite thinking merge together to think of an ingeniously clever strategy. That grenade gauntlet to the face has gotta hurt!

Bakugo could've used Deku waddling towards the gate with a broken back as a distraction to go the exit first but he continued diverting All Might's attention from him with all he got. Forcing himself to use his ultimate move consecutive times had him picking up a move from Deku's deck for a change. In the end Izuku couldnt just leave him behind so he gave All Might a really good punch and went through the escape gate together as comrades.

Looks like the League of Villains have new recruits.

Feb 20, 2019 11:34 AM

Nov 2017
They're both so effing stupid. Finally I get to see worst girl in season 3, I hope she takes Deku away from Uraraka for good and cements a nasty relationship (going off of what spoilers I've seen for season 3, ignorant of course).
Jun 11, 2019 8:22 PM
Apr 2019
Bakugo really shined this episode, I loved it

Also ... .All Might, calm down LOL smacking Deku and Bakugo together, your crazy man.
Aug 19, 2019 5:29 AM

Dec 2013
All Might didn't hold back huh. But damn that Bakugo, I didn't like it when he hit Deku twice. I'm not really a fan of his violence but oh well, the two still work out to pass the exam in the end. So we were able to see the new members of League of Villains?

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Aug 24, 2019 12:21 PM

Dec 2016
I saw a miracle! I couldn't believe my eyes when Bakugou cooperated with Deku as a team. Bakugou's stubborness is so annoying and his anger scares me like hell ._."

Holly Hell! That's some massive force All Might made oAo" He must have made the students terrified. He showed no mercy!

Great episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 23, 2019 12:08 PM
Sep 2015
Only one episode left and I feel like this season didn't bring anything new to the table.
My boy Midoriya is the sweetest but that's not enough for a score of 10/10.

Up until now we've only seen the tournament, the heroes' training and their fight battle with their teachers.

Tbh if they hadn't shown the secondary characters and only focused on the main main, this season would have been way shorter.
Oh well.
Feb 17, 2020 2:00 PM

Feb 2017

"...they both have so many different feelings about each other piled up one on top of the other that they don't know how to interact anymore."

May 23, 2020 7:59 PM
Jul 2016
This was a powerful episode further prodding along our two main protagonists' rivalry relationship. You'd feel it too even if you haven't read the source material.

That said, Katsuki (whose name, lest we forget, means "winning self"), despite his mainly egotistical rants, is showing decent slivers of putting his smarts to good use against an all-powerful hero-enemy he's idolized for so long. It's just good that - even slightly and reluctantly - he's willing to listen a bit more to Deku now.
May 30, 2020 1:18 PM

Mar 2019
Love this fight.So many emotions.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 20, 2020 3:34 PM

May 2015
AHHHH!!!!!!!!!! That scene was so beautiful in soo many way!!!

Deku turning around to go save Bakugo,
Bakugo finally working alongside Deku,
The epic music and that Smash!

So many good things all in one scene to make me start tearing up with a huge grin on my face. These are the scenes that make MHA so amazing.

I absolutely love every scene where the music hightens and Deku uses a smash. They're so exciting and get my blood pumping. OST is amazing as usual.

When Bakugo was pinned down it was a bit sad to see. Honestly dont rememeber this episode being this good but re-watching it its amazing.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 16, 2020 12:16 PM
May 2020
I don`t like Kacchan, so this episode was kinda boring. Liked to see how All Might transformed to Sans :)
Sep 1, 2020 6:33 AM

Jun 2013
Upon rewatching this (because I watched this last year), I am amazed how Deku and Bakugo are able to pass the exam in the end despite being overpowered by All Might.

Oct 28, 2020 10:21 AM
Sep 2020
this episode was really good and i love bakugos character
Feb 13, 2021 10:09 AM
Jun 2020
this episode made me realize bakugo whatever he likes he never ever gives up on winning that's the thing I loved him most.
Feb 19, 2021 6:48 AM
Jul 2018
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH LOOKS LIKE IT JUST GOT MORE INTERESTING
FOR THE LEGAUE OF VILLIANS
AND THAT WAS AN E-P-I-C EPISODE
Mar 2, 2021 9:32 AM

Oct 2020
It looked totally impossible at first. Even with those heavy bands All-might was enough to defeat them both. However he was totally in character there. He sure taught them but looked like a villain. But finally Bakugo understood he can't win alone and defeat All-might head on. This time he made a plan instead of Deku. It was wise for Aizawa to keep these two in a team. Together they are amazingly powerful. If they had proper communication then they could have capture All-might. But they really had tough time. Deku's punches were amazing though. Good thing is they won.
Mar 12, 2021 11:00 AM

Feb 2019
All Might was BRUTAL in that fight, he taught them a proper lesson.

I still think Deku is a b*tch. I mean, how many times does someone have to tell you they don't want to talk to you before you finally shut up? Sounds like Deku either has a big ego or hit his head too hard to understand basic concepts like that.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 9, 2021 6:22 PM

Jan 2020
Yeah Deku you better go save Kacchan. That guy literally risked his ass to save you.
If Deku actually ran to the gate alone I would've punched my computer screen.
3099Apr 9, 2021 7:03 PM
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

578 by WillDFire »»
May 10, 2:11 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2017

183 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 9, 6:42 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

177 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 8, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

237 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 7, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

192 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 1, 1:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.