Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 10, 2017 1:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Deku looked pretty banged up. I feel bad for the kid now.

Some of the other fights this episode were pretty short as expected. Got a small laugh from Iida this episode during his fight. Bakuago is still strong as ever. Please nerf

My favorite part of this episode (even though it was really brief) is

I remember him making a cameo appearance at the end of season 1 but glad to see him appear this season.
Jun 10, 2017 1:52 AM

Jan 2012
Izuku may be out, but the fights aren't over yet! And Iida's sharing the spotlight this week. But first, Young Todoroki gave quite the ego slap to his dad. :D Forgot all about him? Dayum! :D Izuku's injuries are fierce, and even with his friends visiting him the tone is hardly light. The boy really needs to find a way to stop destroying himself using his power. That aside, it's nice to see his heroism pointed out. And All Might being revealed as initially quirkless himself is a pretty interesting note. Plus that brief glimpse of his master(not seen in the manga at this point) and his reassuring Deku were sweet. Nice that we got some more extended fights as opposed to the manga this week too such as Iida's first and Tokoyami's. This episode really excelled at extending the source material. Bakugo vs Kirishima eh? Interesting, but Iida's fights and motivations interest me far more. It's been a bit since he mentioned his hero family back in season one, with brother Ingenium of particular import. Considering Deku's loss Iida losing to Todoroki in the semifinals wasn't particularly surprising...but he put up a good fight, and that ending certainly was! Iida's brother cut down by a hero killer? Guess the world doesn't stop moving for a sports festival and some interesting goings on are no doubt coming our way...eventually! :D

Poor Tokoyami at the end though...a bad matchup against Bakugo. And we have our finals! Todoroki vs Bakugo!
animefan8800Jun 10, 2017 2:55 AM
Jun 10, 2017 1:57 AM

Jun 2014
Gotta feel bad for Deku. Those scars will be a constant reminder for him to stop being so reckless. It was nice seeing my boy Tokoyami get some action. We finally get to see Stain again, man, I'm excited. Iida vs Todoroki was a cool short fight. Tokoyami vs Bakugo was also a nice short fight. OST was on point, like it always is.

Stain hype! Little do you know, Iida. That tease at the end was beautiful. I like the eerie theme that played at the end. I like Stain's voice.
:3
Jun 10, 2017 2:29 AM

Mar 2015
Now behold, worst battle in anime history is coming, Todoroki vs Bakugo.
Jun 10, 2017 2:36 AM

Jul 2013
Already onto the final 2.

ANYWAY STAAAAAAIN
Love his voice already :D
Jun 10, 2017 2:57 AM

Mar 2016
yay good old all might was quirkless too!!

iida is going to be so hurt, fml i love you
Jun 10, 2017 2:57 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode.
Woah Deku sustained a lot of damage. Scarring on his hand as a reminder.
Nice matches leading up to Bakugou vs Todoroki.

Poor Dark Shadow. Light is not his friend. Tokoyami you did great.
DAMN Tensei is seriously hurt. Hero Killer Stain makes his appearance & he is crazy. Love his design.

League of Villains interested in him.

Plus Ultra!
Santoryu_XBurnerJun 10, 2017 5:55 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 10, 2017 2:59 AM

Dec 2013
I'm hyped for Stain! He gave off such a creepy vibe which I really liked.

Battles were short but cool. Iida pushing Shiozaki out was surprisingly funny.

Hyped for Todoroki vs Bakugo.

Endeavour getting rejected is always great.
G_Spark233Jun 10, 2017 3:04 AM
Jun 10, 2017 3:02 AM

Mar 2008
Those people in the stands pissed me off. I know Deku needs to control his power but the way they were saying he didn't have a plan or he was egging Todoroki on got under my skin. It sucks what happened to Iida's brother but Stain looks bad ass.
Jun 10, 2017 3:03 AM
May 2017
Poor Dark Shadow . Finale match Bakugou vs Todoroki it gonna be great . But who is the hero killer
Jun 10, 2017 3:10 AM
Mar 2016
Good episode overall.
I was surprised by the fact that Bones is alluding to the next arc already . . .
I kind of like it like this, not just the normal boring system where one arc ends and the next begins straight after. Bones are trying to begin a cohesive transition between both parts.
I give them praise!
Jun 10, 2017 3:11 AM

Dec 2010
Stain!!! I've been waiting for this arc. Gonna be soo good.

Good episode overall anyways, looks like they're trying to get through all the other matches as quickly as possible now.
Also got a quick look of All-Might sensei. The talk between All-Might and Deku was good.
Jun 10, 2017 3:16 AM
Mar 2016
nyanyaninja said:
Good episode overall.
I was surprised by the fact that Bones is alluding to the next arc already . . .
I kind of like it like this, not just the normal boring system where one arc ends and the next begins straight after. Bones are trying to begin a cohesive transition between both parts.
I give them praise!

Actually, it was done the same way in the manga, so they did it because the mangaka wrote the story that way. But Bones is still doing a great job at adapting the manga.
Jun 10, 2017 3:22 AM

Jul 2014
More of a breather ep this week, great nonetheless. Iida </3

KACCHAN VS TODOROKI NEXT WEEK THO GOD I CANT WAIT
Jun 10, 2017 3:22 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Todoroki gave Endeavor no shit even after Endeavor told him he'd train him to use his power. xD

My favorite moment in this episode was when All Might comforted and reassured Deku that despite all the strong competitors out there, he still believed in him. Really emotional moment, I kinda teared up as the OST started playing. Excellent usage of soundtrack as always. :)

The battles were short but pretty fun to watch, Todoroki outplayed Iida while Tokoyami was unlucky being matched up against Bakugou.

The Stain teasers were awesome as hell, the scene with him standing over Tensei's bloodied body was brutal. I am so hyped for the upcoming arc.
Bring on Bakugou vs Todoroki!
Plus Ultra!
Jun 10, 2017 3:28 AM

Oct 2011
Some decent fights this time around. Can't wait to see Midoriya being able to use his power without hurting himself, since Recovery Girl stated that she wouldn't fix those injuries anymore. I don't expect Bakugo vs Todoroki to be as good as Midoriya vs Todoroki, but still pretty hyped. I have a feeling it's gonna be pretty predictable though, since the next arc seems to be creeping up with more importance.

Stain seems pretty interesting; I wonder if his motives go further than just "all heroes are selfish besides All Might."
KefkirothJun 10, 2017 3:33 AM
Jun 10, 2017 3:41 AM

Jan 2009
so ye All Might revealed he was quirkless like Deku was so that maybe the reason he chose him to inherit All for One

and Hero Killer Stain is finally here! the second half of this season will be awesome!
Jun 10, 2017 3:49 AM

Jan 2014
I thought All Might keep his slender side a secret, but why now he show to Deku's friend? does any of them know it was All Might?

I was surprised when All Might is also Quirkless. it is more the reason why All Might choose Deku.

Did we just get a death flag? I hope not.
Lida's brother get rekt, I hope he's not dead.

j0x said:
so ye All Might revealed he was quirkless like Deku was so that maybe the reason he chose him to inherit All for One

and Hero Killer Stain is finally here! the second half of this season will be awesome!

it's One For All, not All for One.
Jun 10, 2017 3:51 AM

Jan 2009
Abyhape said:

j0x said:

ah ye i seem to usually confuse the 2 considering both are included on the story
Jun 10, 2017 3:55 AM

Dec 2015
Watching this episode, I kept thinking "I can't wait to start the manga", man has season 2 been a blast so far!!

Iida lost too easily...but the final match will be amazing.

Stain looks very strong, and it seems like he could be obsessed with All Might.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 10, 2017 3:57 AM

Feb 2013
Stain got Iida's brother.
The fights weren't too much, the difference between them was too much.
Jun 10, 2017 4:07 AM

Jul 2013
Abyhape said:

Did we just get a death flag? I hope not.
Lida's Iida's brother get rekt, I hope he's not dead.

FTFY.

I swear, the number of times I've seen people spell his family name like that. It's ridiculous.
Jun 10, 2017 4:15 AM
Dec 2012
It's finally Todoroki vs Bakugo :O but I think their match will be interrupted by villains tho :I
Jun 10, 2017 4:39 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
BakuGOAT showing his dominance again and now anime only's have their first glimpse at the drawbacks of Deku using AFO like he did in the last episode

But apart from that, MY FAVORITE ANTAGONIST OF THE SERIES IS HERE TO SLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY HNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG (Madara's VA did good)
Jun 10, 2017 4:51 AM

Jan 2015
Whoa, just 4 students left. And the Semi-final match feels too short, I just feel like that, maybe because it shared with that mysterious villain that brings Katana?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 10, 2017 4:59 AM

Dec 2013
kadiro said:

comeon man atleast put a spoiler tag....

I didnt really like stain's voice. IMO it just didnt suit him. I expected him to have a more....raspy voice, this is just a deep voice.
Jun 10, 2017 5:03 AM

Jan 2015
Poor Iida, his brother died

Can't wait to see Bakugo vs Todoroki
Jun 10, 2017 5:10 AM

Jan 2016
Hero Killer Stain finally makes his apperance! I'm so happy right now that Bones did not hold back on the blood, it made everything look so much more serious and the mood just went dark!

The Lida vs Todoroki fight was well animated, Bakugo fight aswell but the Lida fight stood out more
Jun 10, 2017 5:16 AM

Oct 2015
Sucks for Dark Shadow's weakness. Bakugo still needs an ass kicking, and I'm gonna be waiting a loooong time. And I'm not sure how I feel about Stain's voice.
Jun 10, 2017 5:17 AM

Dec 2015
That was a much better paced episode. We actually got to see a whole bunch of fights for once.

I always thought All Might's origin story would have been a bit more interesting, but it was just really dull and only took 5 seconds to explain.
Jun 10, 2017 5:17 AM

Jan 2016
Is it only me thinking or Stain will be All might's master ? ;3

Those who forgive themselves,and are able to accept their true nature... they are the strong ones.
Jun 10, 2017 5:18 AM

Jun 2014
It was great seeing them get through the rest of the fights leading up to the final, something I really like about this series is how the fights are short and sweet. We aren't seeing the same two people slugging at each other for 10 episodes straight. Despite the short length of these fights, they're still entertaining to watch, like the 2 semi-final matches. Time for Bakugo vs. Todoroki, which I just reread in the manga right before posting this. Someone above called it the worst battle in anime history, and while I wouldn't go that far, the way it ends is pretty anticlimactic. It's actually a pretty decent fight until literally the final part of it.

Anyway though, the Stain moments were the highlights from this episode. I remember he was teased at the end of S1, but to actually see him fully animated and not just as a silhouette has me hyped! The next arc is going to be so lit, Bones has proven time and again that they're able to do some things better than the way they were done in the manga (look at last episode for example) so I'm excited to see how they manage to do the same for the next arc.

Xenocrisi said:
Poor Iida, his brother died

Not sure if this is a spoiler, but I'll put a spoiler tag just in case.

@kok1cha I'll go ahead and tell you right now, that's not the case.
thebrentinator24Jun 10, 2017 5:25 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 10, 2017 5:19 AM

Feb 2013
- Deku notice his mistake when facing todoroki. that was really nice touch
- Iida vs Ibara was nice. haha
- poor tokoyami
- bakugo keep getting awesome
- Stain... Wow, thats the villain we saw at the end of season 1. love his design but not really like his voice. I don't know but I feel something miss about his voice.
Jun 10, 2017 5:35 AM

Jun 2016
What a waste of episode, i guess they ll continue it till the end of the season damn..
Jun 10, 2017 5:38 AM

May 2016
There's not much I can say but still a great episode after all, not because I didn't enjoy this or the plot is very slow paced. The purpose of this series was becoming so entertaining at the moment and lot of us are always talking about it.

Frankly speaking, Hero Killer Stain is pretty damn creepy but seriously, quite a cool character and I'm very interested.

Jun 10, 2017 5:39 AM

Jun 2016
kadiro said:

Why ? :c
You make me feel like the next episode will also be a waste..
Jun 10, 2017 5:47 AM

Dec 2015
Good episode!

-Deku got wrecked! damn~ I wonder if Uraraka and friends notice thin All might... looks like they didn't
-All might finally revealed he's also Quirkless before! A nice encouragement for Deku!
-"I forgot about you" Endevour got burned! HAHA! XD Nice shoto!
-Bakugou's fight against Kirishima and Tokoyami were short but still great!! Kachann's too OP! this kid is awesome!
-Dark shadow is adorable! Too bad it wasn't a good match up for Tokoyami! props to bakugou though for discovering his light weakness!
-I felt really bad for Iida, losing the battle against Todo and then finding out his brother's condition... He's got it rough
-DAMN! Hero killer stain looks fantastic! so were close to the end of this arc...
-Final match next Ep! 2 OP students, Todo vs Kachann! seems like one of the most awaited fight...
oh well I understood how some fellow manga readers felt like its the worst BUT still... Its worth the watch anyways!

edit: Laughed at the preview! "Young Bakugou is seduced by female charms and goes beddy bye..."
QueenSapphireJun 11, 2017 2:56 AM
Jun 10, 2017 6:41 AM

Aug 2013
Short matches but it was fun to watch. Bakugou didn't give a shit in his matches.

Things will take a dark turn now with Stain.

I'm a hyped for Bakugou vs Todoroki.

Jun 10, 2017 6:41 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The second half of ch 40, 41 and the first half of ch 42 were adapted. The next episode should adapt the rest of 42 and ch 43 and 44 and finish off the arc. Some extra Ingenium scenes were added. Also, Tokoyami vs. Ashida, and Iida vs. Shiozaki was never shown in the manga, which they added slightly.

Overall, really good episode. It served as a great breather episode before the finale of this arc. Iida vibrating with his phone was hilarious, but things got serious once he found out about what happened to his brother. Hero Killer Stain is here!! Time to adapt my personal favorite arc of the entire series :D

5/5

srafayms said:
What a waste of episode, i guess they ll continue it till the end of the season damn..
Just so you know, next week will be the final episode of the arc, so they won't be "wasting time" until the end of the season. Idk why you thought of this as a waste episode. They went through 5 fights in an episode, and they introduced a very important character from the next arc.
GoldenDevilGamerJun 10, 2017 6:47 AM
Jun 10, 2017 6:46 AM

Feb 2014
I thought for a second that All Might's slender form would be noticed by Uraraka and the others, but thankfully for him, they only mistook him for someone they've never met before. All Might got lucky this time. =P

For Deku, his scars on his right hand is now a permanent reminder of how his recklessness can get him injured, to the point of doing permanent damage to his body. Hopefully, this will now inspire him to train his body more so that he can fully control the power of One For All without taking any recoil damage.

All the other matches, albeit short, were still interesting. It sucks for Tokoyami though, as his weakest matchup was against Bakugo and although he lost, he still did very well. =)

Iida's brother looks like he got killed by this new villain, Stain. It'll be interesting to see what this guy will do in the next arc, but for now, Bakugo vs Todoroki is one match I'm looking forward too! =D
Jun 10, 2017 6:47 AM

Jul 2014
Wow, great matches as usual. Kirishima looked like he had an upset in store but Bakugo figured out his and Tokoyami's weakness as well. I love the bromance that's brewing between Kirshima and Tetsutetsu hehe~
And damn, that took a dark turn pretty quickly... The first time I saw Stain's face I was fucking creeped out...
Looks like he is the master of All Might afterall, and that shocking reveal that All Might is quirkless! That was big.
Jun 10, 2017 7:15 AM

Sep 2015
I love how Bakugo has adapted and started thinking about everyone's disadvantages.Also the introduction of Stain was cool.

Credit goes to the guys at Minimalistic-Animoo Deviantart Group for the vectors.
Jun 10, 2017 7:24 AM
Apr 2016
STAIN is here guys!!! Embrace yourself, this is going to be HYPEEE!!!
Jun 10, 2017 7:34 AM
Dec 2016
wow lot of cool fight in one episode...Bakugo really is a beast...i bet for him in the finals i think :D what was that with Iida and the phone? lol Great episode and a scary boss ...hmm hero killer
Jun 10, 2017 7:50 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Suprise to me another Bakugo!!! Great!!!
Jun 10, 2017 8:01 AM

Jan 2008
Abyhape said:
j0x said:

Yeah. That's super important to not mix up. If we get a third season, it'll be made clear why that distinction needs to be made.

Bobby2Hands said:
I always thought All Might's origin story would have been a bit more interesting, but it was just really dull and only took 5 seconds to explain.

Oh, don't say that. He's only telling Deku the absolute bare minimum right now. If the series gets a third season, you will see all of that origin story, and we're looking at 5-6 episodes of nail-biting craziness.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jun 10, 2017 8:08 AM

Sep 2016
Oh boy, the new villain looks evil. Also, bakugo vs todoroki :000
Jun 10, 2017 8:13 AM

Feb 2017
Being quirkless for One for all actually makes sense. I mean Midoriya is practically struggling too use it. If it was passed on to someone with a quirk, he would either breakdown physically permanently or grow too arrogant of his powers and stop being a hero.

"All it took was an arm and a leg"
Jun 10, 2017 8:17 AM

Jan 2010
Oh, hey they still made the fights with the secondary characters boring as fuck even though it was the semi-final..."nice"...
Jun 10, 2017 8:20 AM

Feb 2015
A cool episode, definitely developed much faster than the previous one. I understand why, but there definitely wasn't the same level of... Intensity. They also decided to start of the whole Hero Killer thing. Which would make sense if they'd focues more on Iida and his brother. So it did feel a bit like too much of a cutaway. I hope that they don't focus on that next episode. Bakugou vs Todoroki needs some serious time to be fitting of the absolute final battle of the tournament arc.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

194 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

185 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

187 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

180 by PapaChub »»
Apr 15, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.