Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2017 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another episode that explores the social life of the characters in this series. It looks so normal especially at school with the talk between friends, bentos, etc.

However, what I thought most interesting is Manami's role this episode. She is literally an angel but also works as a shrine maiden. For someone like her, I just find it interesting that they can make her appear so normal like any ordinary girl. Nice to see some of her siblings again this episode too.
Aug 13, 2017 7:22 AM

Apr 2010
Seems Iinchou's life is pretty complicated and she is pretty harsh towards her father.

Himeno's talk at school was nice tho her families history seems pretty interesting and complicated.
It was nice hearing about it tho.
Aug 13, 2017 8:18 AM

Jan 2012
Himeno's dad has a way with describing his shits. XD Whatever hairstyle she chooses had better accentuate her big, beautiful tits! XD Interesting history I suppose.
Aug 13, 2017 9:07 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is the first episode that fully focused on the part it should focus on: the worldbuilding

The little hair halo segment was a little fascinating, not gonna lie. Also like i mentioned before, the arrest of the man judging a centaur's hair (if it's dyed or not) had me pretty shocked tbh.

The second half was even better. I was very immersed in the dynamics of the family of the Class President. She is doing scam work to earn money, that's insane.

Meanwhile she wants her dad to decide on one thing to do, not half-ass both actions (being a painter or caring for the kids). Either work full time to earn more money or take full care of your kids to keep them happy.

That was by far the best episode and everything i really need from this series. It NEEDS to do these episodes from now on, not focus on half-assed comedy slice of life.
Aug 13, 2017 9:19 AM

Jun 2015
The worldbuilding in this episode was quite subtle. A man was arrested for judging a centaur's hair. That was shocking. Got to know about the history for centaurs. It was nice to see a bit of the character's lives. Manami is running a scam to earn money, Nozomi is a sensei, and Kyouko is helping her father as a secretary.
Aug 13, 2017 9:31 AM

Jan 2015
Well her name and roles for playing since kindergarten are "synchronized" perfectly no doubt.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 13, 2017 10:45 AM

Mar 2013
I'm starting to think that the class president is the main character and not hime. being an angel folk must suck if you don't have your halo and it's funny that it regrow's. I honestly enjoy learning a little history from this Anime it helps expand the world and explains why people have to behave a certain way. loved seeing everyone try to come up with a hairstyle for hime, I personally would have gone with the mature look or maybe and maybe the short hair look but not the one she had in middle school.
FallenEntityAug 13, 2017 10:49 AM
Aug 13, 2017 11:45 AM
Jul 2017
Bernie Sanders won in America LMAO
Aug 13, 2017 12:27 PM
Jun 2016
I had wondered about the halo, wasn't sure if it was like haibane renmai where they used a wire to keep it in place when younger, or if it was just decorative, facinating that it's more like a horn.
Aug 13, 2017 12:32 PM

Nov 2008
Tama did indeed have to mature much more early than most in that soecity (or I suppose you could say our own) would/should have to; she is more or less playing mother; and a partial bread winner at the age 15/16 ; their conversation was a frank one- i doubt she would 'hate' him no matter the choice; she just is more or less bluntly pointing out he has to make a choice; and stop going half way.

And the hair style bit was fun as well ^^
Aug 13, 2017 1:45 PM

Jan 2008
Dang, Tama could carry this show own her own and probably raise the score.
Aug 13, 2017 2:05 PM

Oct 2010
Paul said:
Dang, Tama could carry this show own her own and probably raise the score.

I think she can do a spin off really really dark....
All the details of this episode were really dark...
I think she is a bit mad with her dad, doing questions about the painting. But Tama, being artist is not like a office job, for good or bad. Her father can't left her childs and he try to do what he like to. I think it's fair, when you can't paint do some home stuff
Aug 13, 2017 2:29 PM

Mar 2015
Class Pres sure was cold towards her father.
Aug 13, 2017 2:43 PM

Sep 2013
Hime toilet and haircut concerns, historical centaur moment and lineage.
Kyouko the secretary for her dad.
Manami doing fake exorcism and must be tough for the dad to get lectured by his daughter :(
Aug 13, 2017 2:59 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Definitely think this episode was far smoother than the previous episodes. It also helped that it did a very good job of adapting my favorite scene from the source, and reinforced my opinion that Manami was the best character from it.
Aug 13, 2017 3:29 PM
Apr 2013
Huh, I don't recall the part where the class president scolds her father in the manga. There was a similar conversation, but it wasn't done so callously.
Aug 13, 2017 5:45 PM

Dec 2016
Discrimination everywhere, not the easiest place to live.

Nice to have very reliable daughters like Kyouko & Manami.
Aug 13, 2017 10:26 PM

Jun 2013
Another very strong episode!
Aug 13, 2017 10:57 PM

May 2017
Class President is edgy lol

A man arrested, was hilarious, serves him right

Deep talk with the bumass father, I understand Class Prez's point but she's edgy too edgy

Any hairstyle suits Hime, a true princess
Aug 13, 2017 11:21 PM

Mar 2017
Did anyone else catch: "The results of America's presidential election are in, and the Democratic Communist candidate, Imecocca, has won..."?
    have a berry

good day lol
Aug 13, 2017 11:50 PM

Oct 2012
This is easily my favorite episode with how it handled the subject matter as a whole along with the nice focus on Tama.
It was a harsh but honest conversation between her and her father and it only solidified the thought that Tama is the best character in this show for me.

Also the societal structure continues to shock me.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Aug 14, 2017 12:07 AM

Oct 2008
Himeno worries about her hair style!
Kyouko is bossy than her dad...and I approve that!
4/5.

Aug 14, 2017 12:16 AM

May 2015
*Alarm sounds*
Mom:" Himeno! Get out of bed!"
*Himeno wakes up and stops alarm*
*Himeno lays back down with a thud*
Mom: "You're going to break the house!"

LMAO! Applies to everyone with an alarm clock (minus the "break the house" part).

They actually gave emphasis on a Centaur's hair! Horses have good hair after all. Also, the wagging tail. ^_^

Well for anyone who was asking about the Angel Halo, we got our answer in this episode. Cutting off the halo is discrimination and Angels without halos are seen as a reject of their race (in other words, a "Fallen Angel"). At least the halo does grow back, so that's good to know.

A teacher got arrested because of accusing a centaur's hair being dyed and going against the school code. Well I'm never calling someone out on their looks ever again...

"Purify! Cleanse! Purge!" (I wonder what I should cook for dinner tonight) BEST JOB EVER! Pretty surprised that Mitama would consort to a job like that considering her Class President status. A reminder to tell us that the common Angels that we know about in religion and literature aren't the same angels in Centaur no Nayami. They're humans just like everyone else.

Mitama's conversation with her dad was pretty deep and intimidating, but she does have a point. Either do one or the other. If you can't do both, then you're just hindering yourself. And oh...poor Sue has a medical condition...I felt like crying...
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:53 AM
Aug 14, 2017 6:58 AM

Jun 2016
"I'm working on a big one right now" - Himeno's otto-san
Hahahahaha!

No, Himeno. Please just trim your hair, do not cut it short.

Holy crap. Nozomi looks so beautiful with long hair. Haha. What a lady when she decided to grow her hair long. <3

Honestly, Himeno looks much more beautiful when her is straighten, so yes straighten it, Himeno. Hahaha.

The part with the class president when her halo got cut, then it'll look like just a strand of hair was freaking funny. It was cute, though. Hahaha.

Aww, Sassu-Sassu is such a cute name. I love her. She's so beautiful, I s2g. *communicates with her in Parseltongue* :P

Loved this episode. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 14, 2017 7:15 PM

Apr 2015
I like how the anime explores some complicated relationships, like the one between Manami and her father, and some conversation, apart from the fanservice and cute stuff, made me think.
However, this utopian world where discrimination is forbidden really scares me.
It actually takes you away the right to be or to do what you want with your body or your friends because other people can assume you're refusing your race, or discriminating someone.
Tumblr SJW world?
Aug 14, 2017 9:59 PM

Jul 2015
The princess needs to have that steppy-step. Pretty heavy in the family feels there towards the end for class momma prez, and it was a nice episode. Hair halos are weird. This anime is weird. In both a good way and a not-so-good way but still very good.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 15, 2017 4:02 AM

Feb 2013
Boring. Too tolerance stuff.
Titan of 20+ virgins club.
Aug 15, 2017 8:28 PM

Jun 2015
This Anime confirms that the communists can be democrats.

Aug 15, 2017 10:55 PM
Mar 2012
nice details overall. So halo hair grows back... And centaur ergonomics for toilet.
Fun to see two weaksauce dads, and their gungho daughters scolding them.
Tama scamming for livelihood & refing Akutagawa, she's super serious.
Bit surprised Nozomi's a martial arts sensei already.
Aug 19, 2017 2:55 AM
Mar 2008
Wow, that class president's dad got rekt. That was probably the most rektening I've seen someone say without ever even raising the voice. And he couldn't really defend himself cause it was all true, too. Pretty heavy.
Aug 20, 2017 12:06 PM

Jan 2013
I thought the halo wasn't part of the body, someone led me astray last time.
Good episode, needs more race conflict.
Aug 20, 2017 3:10 PM

Jul 2009
I feel sorry for Class rep., her dad doesn't act like one for sure...she have to do a lot on her own
Aug 22, 2017 8:08 AM

Nov 2009
've heard such an explanation for Class Rep's part:
1) She does not believe in religion herself, but her family is poor and runs a shrine, so she has to do miko work sometimes.
2) This stresses her out.
3) She took it out on her dad.

Smudy said:
The second half was even better. I was very immersed in the dynamics of the family of the Class President. She is doing scam work to earn money, that's insane.

The way I understand it, it's no more of a scam than all other religion. (or, less charitably, all religion is a scam)

Deathsaurus said:
Huh, I don't recall the part where the class president scolds her father in the manga. There was a similar conversation, but it wasn't done so callously.

It surely did happen. I can't say for sure if she was just as harsh.
Aug 24, 2017 9:18 PM

Aug 2013
I liked how "normal" they portrayed Hime and her family in the first half.
She wakes up late, gets scolded, is rushing to do her hair, dad kickers her out of the bathroom, comments on how big a shit he's taking. That's some super normal family dynamics right there, probably the most accurate portrayal I've seen in anime.

We got another look at how crazy the fictional laws are in the world-building. Tama cant even cut her own halo off if she didn't like how it looked. Even though its her own body and it grows back, they consider it rejecting a particular race, even with the wings still there. That just blows my mind.

I also really don't like Tama as a character at all. Although I completely understand she's a product of her environment: she's the class president and has to take responsibility for her class acting like a bunch of children, she has to go home and literally take care of a bunch of children, she fits work in with a scam job, and her dad is apparently a dead beat to some degree. So I completely get why she is the way she is, but that condescending and bitchy negative attitude towards every little thing all the time gets kind of old. Every time she makes her entrance in a scene it's because she's coming over to bitch at one of her classmates about something they did.
Aug 25, 2017 12:45 AM

Nov 2009
Jonesy974 said:
I also really don't like Tama as a character at all. Although I completely understand she's a product of her environment: she's the class president and has to take responsibility for her class acting like a bunch of children, she has to go home and literally take care of a bunch of children, she fits work in with a scam job, and her dad is apparently a dead beat to some degree. So I completely get why she is the way she is, but that condescending and bitchy negative attitude towards every little thing all the time gets kind of old. Every time she makes her entrance in a scene it's because she's coming over to bitch at one of her classmates about something they did.

She has her good points too. Especially when she's caring for her younger sisters, but also whenever she gets to act as just a student and not a class president.
Like that funny scene in the manga where her classmates ask her if gods exist (because she is a miko), and she has inner struggle - between Tama the accountant and Tama the scientist. Neither of which believe in gods, but the accountant wants money, and the scientist wants to tell the truth.
Sep 25, 2017 12:50 PM

Nov 2011
The episode has captured my attention and in a sense it has also fascinated me. So I decided to pay more attention to this anime series, because so far I have not been disappointed, albeit different than what I was expecting, in her little story is interesting and the topics, albeit light in the themes, come close to general issues , in which all can identify themselves. I found it delightful to follow Kyoko's daily life and see the tribulations that Tama's character has to overwhelm to feed on his sisters. Forward the character of Quetzalcoatl, I still intrigue a lot, I want to find out more about her.
Oct 17, 2017 8:44 AM

Feb 2012
Tama is easily the most interesting character in the story. I don't think I've ever seen an anime have a character who has no compassion, but is not inherently perceived to be bad because of it. I can't think of any point in the anime where she has shown empathy towards another. This doesn't mean that she doesn't care about people, but that she doesn't receive strong emotional responses in seeing the success and struggles of others. The story clearly shows how her lack of empathy is both a strength and a weakness. She is unafraid to tell hard truths when no one else will, but her bluntness means that it is difficult for her to socialize with her peers. Its fortunate she has those little sisters of her because it would be difficult for her to develop a deep friendship with someone else.

I also like how she is the only character in the anime who knows what her priorities are. Her family comes first, and you can see that in everything she does. She has little passion for her job as the class rep, because her passion is reserved for her little sisters. She also showed that her little sisters are more important than both her father and herself.
Oct 18, 2017 8:43 AM

May 2012
This episode sure had a different tone, interesting development though! Looking forwards to see what's next.
Mar 26, 2019 12:26 AM

Mar 2019
I really enjoy how this series has a bit of everything between a serious worldbuilding and light comedy slice of life...
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Jul 26, 2019 12:09 PM

Apr 2013
The father of the angel girl has a hard life... getting criticized so unfairly by his daughter.
May 1, 2020 5:14 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So she was raped by the red hair guy... last part was boring tbh
May 1, 2020 5:15 PM

Mar 2019
The story about red hair centaurs was creepy, second part was boring
Apr 3, 2021 8:43 PM

Jan 2010
A Centaur's Life takes discrimination pretty seriously, and at the same time, it's also quite rampant and pervasive, where the world feels like it's just one step away from grievances turning into fights, if not worse.

...Ah, I get it now. It looks like the anime isn't going down the quirky slice-of-life route, and is instead taking the much more difficult route of addressing race issues. Okay, I'm now paying attention.
Aug 10, 2022 8:59 PM
Nov 2019
Okay they answered my question on the Halo. I'm glad. Also i swear if they cut her long hair i'm gonna flip

More topics from this board

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2017

69 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 9:00 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2017

87 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:57 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

94 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:54 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

126 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:52 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2017

91 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 27, 2023 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.