Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 6, 2017 6:29 AM

Mar 2016
Half episode wasted in a stupid transformation that can't even tank SSJ...
17 really saved this episode and I still don't get why they got so mad at him because they are in a battle royal, so everything counts...
azertz99Aug 6, 2017 9:36 AM
Aug 6, 2017 6:46 AM

Apr 2015
SenpieX said:
Wow, cringe is real in this tournament.

Hahaha I agree with you.

2/5
Aug 6, 2017 6:55 AM
Mar 2014
chunng said:
I am fine with the magical girls genre joke taking a long time to transform, but there is no need to re-show the entire transformation process. They could easily shorten or cut it out.

The reused animation for the God of Destruction of Universe 2 was frustrating to see. Like seriously they really had to use the same sequence 3 times in 1 single episode.

It is ridiculous how lazy and cheap Toei is, ruining the most hyped arc of DBS.

The reused animation,(even with the second transformation sequence), I took it to be another inside joke of the "magical girl" genre,(& even Toei/DB), where they reuse animation to save on the budget and don't have to waste resources creating new sequences, etc.
SoonernVolvedAug 6, 2017 7:01 AM
Aug 6, 2017 7:25 AM

Dec 2014
Wow I like NO 17s much..I was wishing someone should interpret their silly transformation and he did...nice....
Aug 6, 2017 7:31 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Pretty funny and fun episode. While I do agree that they spent quite a lot of time on the transformation, it was nice to see 17 all savage.
Hilarious how Toppo comes running to scold 17 for interrupting the transformation.

Frieza not affected by that pink smoke and hearts lol and much less Roshi.
The fight between Sanka and 17 was pretty decent. 17 wasn't messing around once he got serious.

So I suppose the reason they chose to leave Buu out was because they already had Brianne as the replacement for Buu since her transformed state is also fat.
Helles was pretty annoying imo.
But overall it was an ok episode. 17 really made it worth sticking around.

Aug 6, 2017 9:12 AM

Jul 2014
The stupid transformations made me barf. What's more, they dragged me through the hell twice. And not even a scene of Frieza being absolutely disgusted at the sight of all this? This is like a filler within fillers. DBS you can only be so bad...
Aug 6, 2017 9:27 AM

Apr 2014
LoL i loved this ep

but really liked 17 this ep especially how he gave no fucks about the things going on was pretty awesome

now next ep gohan finally getting some air time and getting into action am looking forward to seeing it
"one step at a time"
Aug 6, 2017 10:45 AM
Mar 2014
Ore-da said:
39 minutes left... So Kale went from being worthless to berserk to getting knocked out by Jiren to controlling berserk in less than 4 minutes? Holy shit.

LMAO THHIIIIISSSSSSS

Their rate of improvement is unheard of. Just give these girls another 6 mins, and they'll have mastered SSJ3... half way in the tourney, I'll be expecting to see SSJ Blue Caulifla, and LSSJ Rose Kale, doing the Metamoran fusion dance!

And people saying Zamasu was a threat? ....PLEASE!!! -_______-
Aug 6, 2017 10:56 AM

Jun 2016
Comander-07 said:

PPS: Why cant zeno chan not just allow killing opponents. They get erased anyway.. Frieza could have killed all of them and we wouldnt have to wait.. If this season wouldnt be so garbage I would have dropped this now.

They get erased but what if they kill all your team but you win the tournament at the end? So just because you get erased doesnt justify the killing because you dont know who is going to win.
Aug 6, 2017 11:44 AM

Nov 2011
39 minutes left...

It's Namek all over again
Aug 6, 2017 11:50 AM

Jul 2016
Look, you let them transform and we'll give you pizza, and not just ANY pizza, Pizza with the Golden Crust (Crust filled with meat).

Oh, so it's Universe 2's turn is it? Well, this is going to be good. My favourite part of this episode was when 17 blew them up mid-transformation. They were not expecting that move. Finally, we have someone who is self aware and ACTUALLY attacked someone in the middle of their transformation. NO wonder he was relegated to a cameo appearance, Toriyama was scared that he might stop the villains before they even hit their climax (heh heh) But the real kicker was when Toppo came in and defended the girls. I never knew he was in to that sort of that shit. But then again, we l live in a world where our heroes let evil reach their full potential.

So, Brianne turned into a freaking Majin. Yeah, who knew.
Sanka turned into a wild cat....Nice.
And Sue turned into a...whatever she is, but she can launch Mini Hellzone grenades, $#@%!!!

And they pack quite a punch. Giving Vegeta a hard time, mainly due to her looks, 17 had to deal Kukanraku, and her maybe yuri life partner. (*screams at the back of the seat* YURIIII!!!!!!!), and Goku, well, mini Hellzone Grenades, nuff said.

But the wild child is going feral and pinned 17 to the ground. And that's when he bucks up (heh HEH) and gets ready to tame the beast. And they are outta there!

Despite the technical mishaps (repeated shots, you know the one) This was a genuinely hilarious episode. Even the repeated shots reflect the girl's magical girl background. And the fire ball part was hilarious! Poor Universe 10 is basically cannon fodder for everyone else. But I am pumped for the next episode. Jeez, would be a real if their universe got erased. They were just growing on me.

Now 17, if you stay a little longer and come back in the next arc and have a strong character arc, you might just make it to my mini favourite character list (It's where Blastoise and all the other cool kids hangs out when Charizard is in top 10), because after this episode, you might be growing on me too.
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Aug 6, 2017 12:03 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, this is just perfect. I love how much the androids are having character development in this arc. I'm predicting that a lot of people will have number 17 in their favorite characters list after this episode, and I'm seriously thinking about doing the same.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Aug 6, 2017 12:21 PM

Sep 2014
IcyGlacier said:
Comander-07 said:

PPS: Why cant zeno chan not just allow killing opponents. They get erased anyway.. Frieza could have killed all of them and we wouldnt have to wait.. If this season wouldnt be so garbage I would have dropped this now.

They get erased but what if they kill all your team but you win the tournament at the end? So just because you get erased doesnt justify the killing because you dont know who is going to win.
ay because resurrection is unheard of and has never happened before. I just think in a battle like this they shouldnt limit the abilities of persons like hit (they explained before he is more an assassin then a fighter) and also just be allowed to kill of the annoying side characters faster
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 6, 2017 12:29 PM
Apr 2014
Worst idea for an episode, i Lost 20 min of my Life for nothing
Aug 6, 2017 12:43 PM

Jun 2015
Dayum!! No. 17 is badass af, the way he interrupted the transformation lmao xDDD.
Aug 6, 2017 4:17 PM

Jul 2013
At the beginning I really thought I was watching some kind of Sailor Moon....

At some points the cringe was real. 17 did the exact thing I wanted to do. Worst part was that they again began to transform which felt like it would never end.

These techniques they used were also a little bit silly. At least the fight between 17 and Kakunsa was good. 17 is such a badass, I love how he handle things. I think it was also the first time we saw him fight a little bit more serious.

Universe is definitely pretty weird. And now Brianne seems angry, maybe we will see the fight between her and Vegeta from the preview?

Next episode we finally got to see Gohan in action. Hopefully this will be more interesting.

Aug 6, 2017 4:40 PM

Oct 2015
S17 savage as fuck, love it, he made this episode worth.
Aug 6, 2017 5:54 PM
Aug 2015
Loool this anime is so bad it's embarrassing. This tournament was hyped up so much that I thought it may salvage this series (and it started of decently as well) but instead it's turning out to be more of a shambolic disappointment.
Aug 6, 2017 7:56 PM

May 2015
Did I spot in one of Zenou tablet two Namekians from Universe 6...?
Aug 6, 2017 8:15 PM

Apr 2013
I don't really know what people are expecting. Since the pre fight against universe 9 i know already, that most of the units on the battle royale were trash. It's obvious that in the end it's gonna be a fight against goku vs jiren, but that was always dragon ball...

episode was quite good, it's ironically funny that magical girls turning into something
more ugly than before and the s17 moment was pretty funny. re-using that short scence was fine i guess, it wasn't that lethal like almost everyone meaning it..
Aug 6, 2017 11:36 PM
Jun 2017
valkyrus said:
Episode was hilarious tbqh.
Also 17 is savage asf, didn't even let the sailor moo "cough" i mean universe 2 chicks transform, kind of rude honestly but o well.

I also wouldn´t let them transform, because one reason ... stupid magical girl dance. I think Goku and Vegeta are right with wait for the power up but magical girl ... I attack.
Aug 6, 2017 11:39 PM

Oct 2007
hitsugaya226 said:
I don't really know what people are expecting. Since the pre fight against universe 9 i know already, that most of the units on the battle royale were trash. It's obvious that in the end it's gonna be a fight against goku vs jiren, but that was always dragon ball...

episode was quite good, it's ironically funny that magical girls turning into something
more ugly than before and the s17 moment was pretty funny. re-using that short scence was fine i guess, it wasn't that lethal like almost everyone meaning it..

I have to agree. Feels like typical DBZ pacing. Which if we watched the original air week to week way back when, the majority of us would have stalled/dropped. Or at least waited till it finished then binge watched.

There's plenty of low level fighters yet to be smacked off the arena. For now, each universe thinks there best not truly knowing how weak/strong they really are. The darker under tone is yet to come.

Besides, seeing Sailor Moon get rekt during her transformation has been in everyone's mind at one point or another.

How can you not appreciate this, lol:

Aug 7, 2017 1:34 AM
Jul 2017
this episode.... oh man this episode was just boring. these chicks were just a joke. i couldnt take them seriously at all. i dont know why people are saying dbs is reusing animations.. i dont see it anyway the upside was 17 kicking some ass! thats what goku should be doing! these guys should be a breeze for him! i feel like this whole tournament is a let down its not all that great. i wanna see hit fight or the stronger dudes not some sailor moon joke! this episode was a chore to get through. this tournament was hyped up too much and its not living up to the hype. i wanna see goku fight kale or jiren or hit or even freaking toppo! cmon! stop with these lame fighters! some of these fighters are just a joke.
Aug 7, 2017 7:31 AM
Aug 2017
Check out this review my friend made of episode 102. He's upcoming on Youtube and I'm just trying to support him. Share the love, later guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-yZkuvcMWM
Aug 7, 2017 10:54 AM

Oct 2010
IcyGlacier said:

Thats how 17 is, well Kind of, but he has changed.
Well, most the tournament gonna get better when most of the Fodder is gone, I cant expect that the other gods were able to find the strongest people from their universe in only 48hours time. Goku already had everyone in mind and he almost didnt make it in time.

Black Goku arc is the only real arc we had so far, U6 tourney wasnt serious at all but it was fun and introduced new characters, so only 1 arc with 1 real enemy was introduced so far, we will get more for sure, I hope.
In the subs I watched the Priest said that almost all the weak characters were gone and when that happens the tournament was gonna start to get interesting.

Gohan Only said that because of the attacks they were throwing and that Smoke, so Split to dodge the smoke seems fine to me.

17 was sarcastic, talkative and ruthless. Now he is serious, quiet and bored/emotionless looking. The only explanation of this change is that the later is more popular so they shifted it towards that personality so that he gains more fans. Thats just my opinion.

Tournament will be better when fodder is gone? Why did they make majority of fighters a fodder, that is myl question. I don't want Jiren one-shoting half of Universe 7, I wanted other strong fighters to do that. Wouldn't it be more exciting if there were at least 1 minute fights between other universes and they knock each other? We only got that at the beginning when Basil knocked that flying chick, and then they stopped. That would have added more depth.At least for me, maybe people like short one sided fights. :D

I'm frustrated as this arc could have been an extraordinary one, with so many great character designs ( I won't lie, loved Vikal's character design. She reminded me of Morrigan from Darkstalkers, and they are tossed without doing anything.)

There are rubles and smoke, much more places to hide and attack from ambush. If anything they should be sticking together now. But, oh well.

Next episode looks like it will be a good one.
Aug 7, 2017 4:33 PM

Oct 2013
Episode saved by Android 17, starting to like him a lot more.

Aug 7, 2017 5:41 PM

Jun 2016
Crimrui said:
IcyGlacier said:

Thats how 17 is, well Kind of, but he has changed.
Well, most the tournament gonna get better when most of the Fodder is gone, I cant expect that the other gods were able to find the strongest people from their universe in only 48hours time. Goku already had everyone in mind and he almost didnt make it in time.

Black Goku arc is the only real arc we had so far, U6 tourney wasnt serious at all but it was fun and introduced new characters, so only 1 arc with 1 real enemy was introduced so far, we will get more for sure, I hope.
In the subs I watched the Priest said that almost all the weak characters were gone and when that happens the tournament was gonna start to get interesting.

Gohan Only said that because of the attacks they were throwing and that Smoke, so Split to dodge the smoke seems fine to me.

17 was sarcastic, talkative and ruthless. Now he is serious, quiet and bored/emotionless looking. The only explanation of this change is that the later is more popular so they shifted it towards that personality so that he gains more fans. Thats just my opinion.

Tournament will be better when fodder is gone? Why did they make majority of fighters a fodder, that is myl question. I don't want Jiren one-shoting half of Universe 7, I wanted other strong fighters to do that. Wouldn't it be more exciting if there were at least 1 minute fights between other universes and they knock each other? We only got that at the beginning when Basil knocked that flying chick, and then they stopped. That would have added more depth.At least for me, maybe people like short one sided fights. :D

I'm frustrated as this arc could have been an extraordinary one, with so many great character designs ( I won't lie, loved Vikal's character design. She reminded me of Morrigan from Darkstalkers, and they are tossed without doing anything.)

There are rubles and smoke, much more places to hide and attack from ambush. If anything they should be sticking together now. But, oh well.

Next episode looks like it will be a good one.

Im guessing its really hard to show that many characters doing something, I never seen any Anime have 70 plus characters in 1 battle, kinda hard to Pull off, so many people saw it coming that most fighters were gonna be fodder.

And I agree I wish the tourney took that direction but At the end it looks like they had planned a tournament between the 12-16 strongest fighters and thats it.
Im pretty sure the manga is doing the same because I Think its really hard to draw all 80 participants and all of that.

and about 17 I guess he started to become more like 16 about the Animals and Nature, but you gotta admit that he has a family now and that changes people.

And Since the tournament is taking that direction I just want all the fodder to be gone so the real fights can begin.
Aug 8, 2017 12:01 AM

Sep 2011
Idk how I felt about this episode... LOL
Aug 8, 2017 5:02 AM
Jul 2017
Those three witches were really a pain in the arse..omg I have never been so happy to see a character be defeated in an anime before. Loved the graphics and C17 was just marvellous!!! The only thing that really triggered me was that they made us watch the transformation twice..that was awful (btw sailor moon please ask for copyright)
Aug 8, 2017 1:06 PM

Feb 2015
I can't believe nobody takes erasure of their universe serious enough to allow enemies to transform mid-battle. I might be able to forgive Goku for it, but nobody else around should have given them the chance.

At least 17 was there, and boy, did he carry this episode. I have to say, he's probably my favourite character in this show, being the only fighter in this tournament who takes it at least somewhat seriously. Funny, considering he seems to be the least concerned about universe erasure when the topic is brought up in conversations, yet he's the only one putting in a serious effort in taking out enemies.
Aug 8, 2017 1:28 PM

Aug 2017
4/5

Aug 10, 2017 12:22 AM

Jun 2013
17 is such a bad ass
Aug 10, 2017 5:38 AM

Dec 2014
Need more characters like 17 who beat the crap out of all the pretentious characters in seconds. XD
Aug 10, 2017 9:59 PM

Dec 2008
Android 17 took care of business quickly, not like Goku who plays too much with his opponents.
Aug 11, 2017 12:17 AM

May 2013
I don't like Universe 2 and I'll be glad when they're eliminated.
The transformation scene lasted way too long and was a waste of time.
Android 17 was awesome this episode.
Aug 11, 2017 7:17 AM

Dec 2015
So much re-used animation this episode, I thought we were over this Toei...

I can completely understand Vegeta instinctively dodging, she's indeed gross xDD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 11, 2017 10:23 AM

Mar 2014
Ahahaha, that moment with Android no. 17 was great. xD

Also, wait... I think it just hit me after Roshi mentioned it this episode... Did Master Roshi & a transformed Puar get it on a bunch? That's... kinda creepy.

I can't help but think "Yacchaina" sounds a bit too much like a certain part of a woman's anatomy.
::End of Transmission::

Aug 11, 2017 1:45 PM

Apr 2012
If there's one thing this episode has proven is that: Mahō Shōjo in Shōnen don't mix.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Aug 11, 2017 10:27 PM
Feb 2016
Android 17 is THOT Slayer
Aug 11, 2017 10:34 PM

May 2016
Dragon Shoujo : Goku Magica
『  』
Aug 13, 2017 12:28 AM

Oct 2016
wowowowowowwowwowwowwowwowowwowww
Aug 13, 2017 2:36 AM

Sep 2013
chunng said:
I am fine with the magical girls genre joke taking a long time to transform, but there is no need to re-show the entire transformation process. They could easily shorten or cut it out.

The reused animation for the God of Destruction of Universe 2 was frustrating to see. Like seriously they really had to use the same sequence 3 times in 1 single episode.

It is ridiculous how lazy and cheap Toei is, ruining the most hyped arc of DBS.

DBS is in the gutter. I am appalled by how awful this arc has been. I've lost so much hope after the last 10+ episodes
wow
Aug 13, 2017 6:42 AM

Jun 2017
I don't care how some of you guys didn't enjoy this episode, but I really find it amusing! haha! Especially at the part where they scolded at #17 not to interrupt at the transformation. It definitely was a Sailor Moon parody!

Also, I didn't expect #17 to brilliantly show his stunts. I can't wait to see more of that!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Aug 17, 2017 1:37 AM

Dec 2008
Another nail in the coffin of Dragon Ball gone "Secret Wars". Take one part Cutey Honey and one part Sailor Moon, then go all BO BO BO with it. At the very least No. 17 ruined the first attempt at this nonsense with his attack. Still I am firmly of the mind that DB Super is going to be regarded as non canon like DB GT was. This show just went down another point; sO far if things dont pick up, this might get a 6/10. PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG DB SUPER! T.T
Aug 20, 2017 5:08 PM

Mar 2010
Worse universe. IDK how uni 7 is the top two weakest. When they are taking out so many.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 5, 2017 8:30 AM

Dec 2012
This is so stupid..

Oct 9, 2017 8:31 PM

Feb 2015
I really don't like universe 2 warriors, they are boring for me. 17 really looked good against that cat girl, it's time to face the leader so I hope Vegeta could fight.
Oct 21, 2017 3:01 PM

Dec 2015
Well... the fighting is still as "non-fighting animation" as ever. At least, the episode tried something it had the ability to do: to be funny. Even if it was not a big success on this front either.

3/5 Common but nice excuse to repeat a full scene and rip some broadcast time away.

Comander-07 said:
Why cant zeno chan not just allow killing opponents?

More like "why won't the parents/children protection associations just allow animated killing in the weekend morning cartoon?"
Dec 11, 2017 10:20 AM

Sep 2011
Man, I love 17, one of the best character in the show.
May 4, 2018 8:39 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Cute transformation? NOOOOOOO!!! Just it was hilarious!!!! lol
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.